GP Customization

i'd tried to modify form labels in the original windows of Dynamics.dic in
Dexterity v8.0, i'd changed the contents of strings in Resources too, each
String in resources represent a text label in a window, I'd changed few
window approach using the same approach, when i tried to run GP, nothing
appeared as it should be, the altered strings are not shown the way they
should be, instead, GP replaced them with original ones, and the wierd thing,
when i open the window in Dexterity, it shows me my work and modifications.
how can I do such modifications within dexterity, thanks
--
Privileged /confidential information may be contained in this message.
0

Going Live with GP

tasks, and customize forms
Hi... I just installed Outlook 2007, two questions...any help would be appreciated! 1. What is the difference Tasks and To Do list? 2. When adding a new contact, is there a way to put 2 contact names under one Contact? (ie: the Business name is ABC Auto, and I want to put both Joe Smith, President and Jill Jones, VP under ABC Auto...I don't want ABC Auto in there twice. Is there a way to customize the form so I can put more than one name? and it shows up when you list your contacts? I don't want to put it under details. THANK YOU, Whomever is nice enough to help me! :) To Do ...

Migrating data from GP to GP

GP concurrent user and SQL 2005 CAL

user-defined customer address
Would like to see the ability to set the User-defined fields in RM Customer Address Summary in the program. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=523b48af-435a-4f...

excel
office excel 2003 I wish to be able to insert the contents of a particular cell on the worksheet in a custom footer eg using the Page Setup - Footer dialog box: "&[cell reference eg A1] - &[Tab] : page &[Page] of &[Pages]" I am amazed that this is currently not possible ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft We...

custom entity
hi, I need to import lots of records into a custome entity, as i do so i get the follow message displayed: Duplicate Detection Duplicate detection is not enabled does anybody know how to make the entity duplicate detection enabled? Regards Ian dont worry its an easy find in the custom entity sorry for the quick post "Ian Watson" <rango20@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%238zYyyA4IHA.5060@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > hi, > > I need to import lots of records into a custome entity, as i do so i get > the follow message displayed: > > Duplicate Dete...

Fabrication and GP

Custom Page Headers
I want to show the contents of a cell in the page header when I print the document. Does anyone have a solution for this? Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) ActiveSheet.PageSetup.CenterHeader = ActiveSheet _ ..Range("A1").Value End Sub --- Place this macro in the "ThisWorkbook" module. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >I want to show the contents of a cell in the page header when I print the >document. Does anyone have a solution for this? >. > ...

Upgrading from GP 9 to GP 10

GP 9 Upgrade and SQL Server 2000 sp4

Payroll GP 10.0

Custom message on department
Hi, I was wondering if there is a way to get the POS to popup a message saying that customer details are required to be filled in when an item belonging to a particular department is rung up at the POS? Dan Store Ops Manager allows you to assign an item message to items in inventory. Go to database - items - properties - special You will see a field on the left side that allows you to assign an item message popup when the item is rung up at the POS First you need to create the item message - go to Database - Item Messages - New - enter "Customer Required" in Title and Me...

MS CRM integration to GP
Hello Can any one update me wheather the mutiple company databases can be integrated to MSCRM. The senario is this. a company has mutiple entities using GP 7.5 and unique sql databases,require to integrate mscrm with gp. The integration that is supplied by MS only allows you to integrate with 1 company DB. You could probably use some of the components that are provided, but you will need to develop some of the integration logic yourself to address this. Matt On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 05:34:31 -0800, "ramki@loayoman.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello &g...

Deleting a Custom Shortcut Menu
I've created a few custom shortcut menu's in Access and I noticed a typo in the name of one of them. Maybe I'm missing something, but how do I rename a SHORTCUT MENU? (not a toolbar or menu bar...I realize there is a "Rename..." button for those) Also, for future reference, how do I delete custom shortcut menus that I've created? If I go to customize the toolbars and check "Shortcut Menus" (to show the shortcut menu bar) then go to the "Custom" button I can see the shortcut menus I've created and add/remove buttons to them. It even ...

error in GP
When I try to generate a Historical Aged Trial Balance my computer freezes then gives me this error message. "The stored procedure pmHistoricalAgedTrialBalance returned the following results DBMS:208, GP:0 This is path I use to get to the report: Reports/Purchasing/Trial Balance/Historical Aged Trial Balance. We have been having problems with other reports because of the change from 2005 to 2006. I appreciate the assistance. ------=_NextPart_0001_AF5FCF35 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Jason, This is Lisa. Thank you for your inquiry on the Historica...

GP General Ledger Distribution Reference Field Length
Is there a way of expanding the field length of the Distribution Reference field beyond 30 characters? No, I'm afraid it is not possible. "Pam" <Pam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6D76FF64-76BE-4FCE-812F-2AC8519BAB4D@microsoft.com... : Is there a way of expanding the field length of the Distribution Reference : field beyond 30 characters? Just curious, why do you need a longer field length - for drill down purposes or for report printing purposes? "Pam" wrote: > Is there a way of expanding the field length of the Distribution Refer...

Business Portal (BP) and Great Plains (GP)
We do not have all the fields in the Ledger Transaction Summary History Table (BP) available as we do in the Account Transaction table in GP i.e. can't find TRX Date in BP but have it GP. Is there any control when installing the BP software with respect to what fields for a table will be displayed and can be used in constructing queries in BP? How do we get access to additional fields in BP? Kimmer, Thanks for using the newsgroups. The Ledger Transaction Summary History entity maps to the Account Summary History table. The Account Transaction History table is not exposed th...

Custom fields in Email Templates
I have created a custom field on the case form, which I have also included in an email template that is triggered by a manual rule. When I save my Case with the custom field filled in and then run the manual rule, the email that is delivered does not include the value from my custom field. Should this work? Thanks, Matt This should work. Please provide more info. What type of field is it? Did you add the field to the template manually or using the template editor's Insert/Update Dynamic Data button? Another Matt W, Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "MattW" ...

Feedback on GP Time and Attendance
I am looking for some feedback on GP 9 / BP 3 version of Time and Attendance. We are using non Payroll, Canadian version, of GP Time and Attendance and we are experiencing many limitations. What is your experience with this product? Any other similar product you'd recommend? Thanks in advance, Bruno ...

Custom View Names
I use very large spreadsheets with custom views. However, I can't find a way to reference the names of the views in formulas, etc. Is there a way that I'm overlooking or is it impossible to use the names except with the View -> Custom Views dialog box? I would prefer to do it in a worksheet formula but VBA would be ok. A Custom View is stored information about your worksheet settings, and you can't refer to it in a formula. You could name a range, and refer to that in the formula. There are instructions in Excel's Help, and here: http://www.contextures.com/xl...

I want to know GP Tables Definitions
I need to know the tables for the window general transaction entry in GL Carmencite: Go Tools>Resource Descriptions>Windows. Select Product/Series/View By. You'll be able to see all the tables associated with a specific window. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com blog: www.gp2themax.blogspot.com Carmencita, In addition you may want to check David Musgrave's article on resources at http://blogs.msdn.com/developingfordynamicsgp/archive/2008/10/05/finding-table-and-field-information-in-microsoft-dynamics-gp.aspx Best regards, -- M...

Deactivate MS GP
Hello everyone We are in the process of migrating our data from MS Great Plains to Dynamics AX. Once is all converted we still need to keep GP at least read only for about 7 years I was wondering if anyone has any idea what steps should I take to decommission GP. -- villica I would setup one user class called 'Inquiry Only', set security settings for this class so that only Inquiry and Reports can be accessed, then assign all users to the Inquiry class. Hope this helps, Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com ge...

Help for upgrade process from GP 7.5 to GP 10.0
Hi All, I have recently completed my certification in GP 10.0 Inventory. I've managed to get some hands-on experience with the product. There is a requirement from a client for upgrading his system from GP 7.5 to GP 10.0. The client happens to be from the hospitality industry. Could someone guide me on this? I would also greatly appreciate if anyone could point to blogs and articles on the subject. Many Thanks, Sadique Sadique, Mariano Gomez's blog is a good place to start: http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com/2008/10/dynamics-gp-upgrade-path.html. -- Victoria Yudin Dynam...