GP concurrent user and SQL 2005 CAL

assuming a 10 con-current licenses being installed on 15 workstation, with 15
users in GP.

How many SQL 2005 CAL is needed ?

0
HFLo (289)

HFlo,

Server plus user client access license (CAL) licensing requires a separate
Server license for each server on which the software is installed, plus a
user CAL for each user accessing the server.

The user CAL model will likely be more cost effective than device CALs if
there are multiple devices per user (for example, a user has a laptop and
handheld computer accessing SQL Server).

Best regards,

MG.-
Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
Maximum Global Business, LLC.
http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com

"HFLo" wrote:

> assuming a 10 con-current licenses being installed on 15 workstation, with 15
> users in GP.
>
> How many SQL 2005 CAL is needed ?

0
MarianoGomez (3441)
leslievail1 (120)

Lookup field for Current User
Hello, I am needing to write some javascript (for onload) that will lookup the current logged on user, then pull a couple fields from that users entity to populate part of a http string used for an IFrame. I already have the javascript setup for the IFrame and it is working, I just need to make it dynamic depending on who is logging in. Thanks in advance for the help. Respectfully, Chris Where is your code running? As part of the CRM web (below the /isv folder)? If yes and if it is an ASP.NET application, you can use the SDK assemblies to impersonate and get to all information you ...

Going Live with GP

2005 Deluxe
Upgraded from 2003. Seems like I've lost functionality. Can't find how to separate catagory entry between category and subcategory (all one entry now). Also can't find the MoneySide FollowUP Notes that I used to have on the home page. Am I not looking in the right place? Thanks. MoneySide has been gone since M04. You are, IIRC, the second person to post here having noticed. As to dual cat lists: see http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=161. BTW, you are supposed to prefer single list. "Elliot" <Elliot@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E9082426-5...

User selects existing sheet to paste to
Very grateful for any help: I am a novice at this. I have a spreadsheet with multiple sheets, already named (lets say Mon, Tues, Wed). A macro visits other Excel files, retrieves data by copying. I want to allow the user to select the paste destination (sheet name only, cells A1 to end). The cells are all in the same format etc, all I need is to let the user specify - either by typing, or by selecting from a list, which sheet (Mon,Tue,Wed) to paste to, and then let the macro continue to paste and do other things. I have tried : Range("A1:L6").Select Selection....

Opening other user's folder in Entourage X
Does anyone know how to open other user's folders, such as Calendar, in Entourage X (Mac version of Outlook)? Thanks for your assistance, John Try posting in a Mac Entourage group - the applications are very different. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, john smith asked: | Does anyone know how to open other user's folders, such as Calendar, | in Entourage X (Mac version o...

Migrating data from GP to GP

Force default view for new users
Hello, Exchange 2003 SP1, Outlook XP. Each time we create a new user we would like that by default all the folders get displayed when he logs in (at least at the first logon). Any idea ? Is it a registry key ? Or a group policy ? Thanks for your help ! Regards, Luuke It is possible to force Outlook to open with a particular navigation = pane displayed, by adding this registry entry and setting the = appropriate value: =20 Key: = HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Outlook\Options\WunderBa= r Value name: BootModule Value type: REG_DWORD Value: 0 to show the Mail folder...

GP concurrent user and SQL 2005 CAL

user-defined customer address
Would like to see the ability to set the User-defined fields in RM Customer Address Summary in the program. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=523b48af-435a-4f...

Browser Settings Money 2005
Money 2005 Win XP SP2 Dear NG: I changed Tools > Settings > Browser settings: to Always use my default browser to browse the Internet. If I select one of the links that take you to the Internet, for example: Investing > Stocks, I will receive a message stating that I need a Web browser in order to view http://g.msn.com/..." The actual message goes on to explain how to download a web browser from MSN bla bla bla. I'll copy the whole thing if you feel it's necessary. Returning the setting to: Browse the Internet from within Money restores functionality but not through ...

URGENT: Exchange 2003 limiting Relay only to some user
I have this situation, My only Exchange Server 2003 is installed on my DMZ and must receive email directly from internet for my domani domain.tld. I have about 100 users, only 20 of these can send and receive email to/from internet, all the other can send and receive only to my domain.tld. I try to use the relay restriction per user, butis not working, i read a lot of handbook, and everybody say to disable the anonymous relay, but by this way i can't receive internet email, even with this disabled the rule is not working. any advice ? Thanks You should not have to play with any of the r...

Fabrication and GP

Lotus user to Outlook user Attachments missing
Hi everyone, I have a strange problem that hopefully someone can help with or maybe point me in the right direction. Infrastructure info: All our clients are running Office 2007 SP2 and we have Exchange 2007 SP1 as our backend. We have a client that has Lotus Notes and sends us many emails per day and almost always they have attachments but usually PDF's, JPG's and DOC's. We have just discovered that they occasionally send us scanned docs in MDI format. The problem is that it appears as though when the client running Lotus attached an MDI file and sends the ema...

Upgrading from GP 9 to GP 10

Manager grayed out on user setup

GP 9 Upgrade and SQL Server 2000 sp4

Random Users Calendars not viewable

Payroll GP 10.0

User Add Name to Drop-Down List
Hello; I would like to have drop-down lists in different columns on my worksheet - and I have been able to set up dynamic lists with ease (thanks to reading what others in this group have done). My question is - I would like the user to be able to easily add another item to the drop-down list, and I would like that item to remain on the list for future use. For example, using school names, the list I provide could be; Northside School Southside School Eastside School Now, suddenly, unknown to me the city builds another school - call it SouthSide School. I would like the user to be able t...

MS CRM integration to GP
Hello Can any one update me wheather the mutiple company databases can be integrated to MSCRM. The senario is this. a company has mutiple entities using GP 7.5 and unique sql databases,require to integrate mscrm with gp. The integration that is supplied by MS only allows you to integrate with 1 company DB. You could probably use some of the components that are provided, but you will need to develop some of the integration logic yourself to address this. Matt On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 05:34:31 -0800, "ramki@loayoman.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello &g...

error in GP
When I try to generate a Historical Aged Trial Balance my computer freezes then gives me this error message. "The stored procedure pmHistoricalAgedTrialBalance returned the following results DBMS:208, GP:0 This is path I use to get to the report: Reports/Purchasing/Trial Balance/Historical Aged Trial Balance. We have been having problems with other reports because of the change from 2005 to 2006. I appreciate the assistance. ------=_NextPart_0001_AF5FCF35 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Jason, This is Lisa. Thank you for your inquiry on the Historica...

marketing list with leads, contacts, and users
There should be a way to have leads and contacts (and users) in a single marketing list. Currently, when you create a new marketing list, you need to specify a single type, which is typically a lead or a contact. This is not a good design. For example, lets say that we go to a tradeshow and import all of our leads and associate them to a marketing list set up for that tradeshow. Now, after the tradeshow, we convert some of these leads to contacts (they turn into customers). When we convert them, we lose the association with the existing marketing list they are in. For next year, ...

GP General Ledger Distribution Reference Field Length
Is there a way of expanding the field length of the Distribution Reference field beyond 30 characters? No, I'm afraid it is not possible. "Pam" <Pam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6D76FF64-76BE-4FCE-812F-2AC8519BAB4D@microsoft.com... : Is there a way of expanding the field length of the Distribution Reference : field beyond 30 characters? Just curious, why do you need a longer field length - for drill down purposes or for report printing purposes? "Pam" wrote: > Is there a way of expanding the field length of the Distribution Refer...