GP Client Error

After installing SQL 2005 SP-2, any new GP Client Installation is giving
error that "The database version is different then the client version"

Any Help Please?

Thanks!

Are you sure this was due to the installation of SQL Server 2005 Service Pack
2? It sounds like your error stems from installing a newer version of a
Dynamics GP Service pack that has not been applied to the client computer
yet.

Could you please confirm this is the case?
--
MG.-
Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP

"create_share" wrote:

> After installing SQL 2005 SP-2, any new GP Client Installation is giving
> error that "The database version is different then the client version"
>

> Any Help Please?
>
> Thanks!

0
MarianoGomez (3440)
4/18/2008 12:24:00 AM
Well it seems due to SQL Service Pack but if it is due to GP then how can i
check the Version on Server and Clients?

Thanks!

"Mariano Gomez" <MarianoGomez@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Are you sure this was due to the installation of SQL Server 2005 Service
> Pack
> 2? It sounds like your error stems from installing a newer version of a
> Dynamics GP Service pack that has not been applied to the client computer
> yet.
>
> Could you please confirm this is the case?
> --
> MG.-
> Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> Maximum Global Business, LLC
> http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
>

> "create_share" wrote:
>
>> After installing SQL 2005 SP-2, any new GP Client Installation is giving
>> error that "The database version is different then the client version"
>>

>> Any Help Please?
>>
>> Thanks!

You will need to go to Help > About Microsoft Dynamics GP and check the
Version Information section on each portion of the application (Microsoft
Dynamics GP, Dexterity, SmartList).

If these happen to differ between server and client, then you will need to
roll down the service packs to the client. Since I am not familiar with your
environment I cannot make any other recommendations, but the easiest way to
roll down patches is by using the GP deployement directory, if you do happen
to have one. Otherwise, you are looking at installing the service pack on
each workstation.

Best regards,
--

"create_share" wrote:

> Well it seems due to SQL Service Pack but if it is due to GP then how can i
> check the Version on Server and Clients?
>

> Thanks!
>
> "Mariano Gomez" <MarianoGomez@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Are you sure this was due to the installation of SQL Server 2005 Service
> > Pack
> > 2? It sounds like your error stems from installing a newer version of a
> > Dynamics GP Service pack that has not been applied to the client computer
> > yet.
> >
> > Could you please confirm this is the case?
> > --
> > MG.-
> > Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> > Maximum Global Business, LLC
> > http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
> >

> > "create_share" wrote:
> >
> >> After installing SQL 2005 SP-2, any new GP Client Installation is giving
> >> error that "The database version is different then the client version"
> >>

> >> Any Help Please?
> >>
> >> Thanks!

0
MarianoGomez (3440)
4/18/2008 3:38:02 PM
They are the same both on Server and Clients. Only thing different is ODBC
Driver. On Server it is 03.86.3959 and Client 03.85.1117.

On Apr 17, 3:39=A0pm, "create_share" <create_sh...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> After installing SQL 2005 SP-2, any new GP Client Installation is giving
> error that "The database version is different then the client version"
>
> Any Help Please?
>
> Thanks!

Hi,

Seems, one or more of your DB's are still not in the upgraded version.
Make sure that the tables

dbo.DU000020 and db0.db_Upgrade have the correct information. Also, it
seems that the SP2 for SQL 2005 upgraded the master DB, hence you can
also try to re-install the the SP for Great Plains.

Thanks
Balaji

email sending to a group name error
I will be grateful for any help on the following. I have a short macro that sends an email message; the receipient’s address is held in a cell = s_Config.Range("Config_Email") When the receipient is a single address this works fine, but if it is sent to a group name;ie, several different people, then it errors out but usually the message is actually sent I show below the code I am using ESubject = Successful" Sendto = s_Config.Range("Config_Email") EBody = "Operation is successful" Set App = CreateObject("Outlook.Appli...

webBrowser + Scripting errors
Hello Everybody I'm using CHtmlView to implement the browser. My aim is to block all pop up pages which opens up involuntarily. So I overided the method OnNewWindow2 of CHtmlView and wrote code void CTabHtmlView::OnNewWindow2(LPDISPATCH* ppDisp, BOOL* Cancel) { if (bBlockPopup) { if (!(GetReadyState() == 4)) { *Cancel=TRUE ; SetSilent(TRUE); return; } } CHtmlView::OnNewWindow2(ppDisp, Cancel); } I Called the method SetSilent to mask all the error messages or dialogs. Still I am getting these messages " Just in time debugging - An...

Outlook client synchronisation
hey there, Got a problem in synchronising items with CRM and the Outlook client -- the tasks I have assigned to Opportunities do not appear in the Outlook client. Not sure if this is a config issue as I do have the Outlook client installed on a Win2003 Std Server with Outlook XP although with XP unactivated(note this is a different machine than the CRM Server). Haven't had the opportunity to test this on say a Win XP/2000 Pro client as of yet. Does anyone have any idea? ... I can create tasks using the CRM Task button in Outlook and that replicates to the server, but any tasks ...

Bugs & Errors
Hi, I think I can say that I am a power user of WMP 11 after having organized 135.000+ songs. I have noticed some bugs and/or errors. for many of them I haveh work arounds as well. Any idea where I could post this in an attempt to get this better with a future release and to see if there is solutions that I do not know about? Joost Since WMP12 is out, I suspect the general development on WMP11 is "complete", minus things that sustained engineering deems necessary/critical. So: if it's really a WMP11 issue, actual support might be the best path. Depending...

Going Live with GP

missing namespace on root element of WCF proxy client
Hi, I have the following class that is exposed as a webservice method parameter parameter . [System.Xml.Serialization.XmlTypeAttribute(Namespace="urn:schemas.sequel.com/ genericImport")] [System.Xml.Serialization.XmlRootAttribute(Namespace="urn:schemas.sequel.com/ genericImport", IsNullable=false)] public partial class Schema { private Import importField; /// <remarks/> public Import Import { get { return this.importField; } set { this.importField = value; ...

Migrating data from GP to GP

HQ Client Schedule
I've got to come up with a schedule for four stores. My initial plan was to have each store connect hourly, each at a different quarter hour. Today we had a customer stop at store 3 and buy some stuff then promptly drive to store 2 and buy more stuff. When the folks at store 2 searched for an existing customer account, of course they didn't find one. I'd like to have the stores connect three times per hour - every twenty minutes, with 5 minutes for each store. :00, :20, :40 - :05, :25, :45 and so on. Tom This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_00...

OWA
Hi, I am running exchange 5.5 + SP2 on NT 4.0 + SP6a. I have been running this set up for about 3+ yrs. recently my OWA has started giving troubles. All of sudden it doesn't allow users to connect to Server. Sometimes it just hangs on showing IE is trying connect or sometimes throws LogonFrm.asp errors. When I check in Event Viewer on Exchange Server I find following errors "Error File: /exchange/USA/root.asp Unexpected error" "Error File: /exchange/USA/LogonFrm.asp Unexpected error" The only alternate is to reboot the Exchange server, which is very painful...

Uploading Reports
Hi When i upload a report in CRM 4.0 I get an error saying "An error has occurred while trying to add the report to Dynamics CRM". Turning the dev errors on does not change the error message either. I have checked the reporting services website and the security role that I am using has admin access. Besides I can upload the report from the reporting services website and see and run it. However when I upload the report there I dont see it in CRM which in theory I should. Also on the reporting services website I have 3 folders- CRM_SDK_MSCRM CRMDSK_MSCRM MicrosoftCRM_MSCRM Ea...

Secure email to/from outside client
Not sure this is the right place for this apologies in advance if it is not. Is it possible to digitally sign/encrypt a message destined for the user of a POP mail service such as Hotmail? How does that person recieve the message if it is encrypted and they do not have the senders digital certificate? "Mark" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Not sure this is the right place for this apologies in advance if it is not. Is it possible to digitally sign/encrypt a message destined for the user of a POP mail service such as Hotmail? sure. >How does that pers...

sales transaction window error
when i open Sale transaction table the following error occurs. '' your previous transaction level post session has not finished processing.pls allow time for it to finish.if u believe it has failed log out microsoft dynamics GP and log back in to recover transaction'' after this i have logged of and re entered the problem is still there. Then i went to batch recovery window here no batches pertaining to sales transactions are displayed. then i went to masterposting here the Batch is showing Busy.then i changed the status to normal. even though the problem is existing. ...

GP concurrent user and SQL 2005 CAL

Is exchange worthwhile for my client?
Hi there I have a client who would like to have all the team folder capabilities (i.e. calendar sharing etc etc) of exchange. However they do no tneed an email server as there is only ten people and it will be cheaper to simply use a POP based ISP for email/webmail etc. Do you have to setup email when installing exchange or is it possible to just use the team folder capabilities with having to setup email Best Regard Richard I wouldn't choose Exchange based on your requirements. -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchange.co.uk "...

Forwarding error
Hi, I have a client who has several email addresses on the exchange server. He needs to keep them separate for work reasons but has had forwarding setup to deliver all the mail to one email box. So, DomainA is his primary one, then he has DomainB, DomainC and DomainD. Domains B, C and D all forward mail to DomainA and keep a copy in the original Domain. This works fine. However, when we attempt to add a forwarding on DomainA to deliver mail to his blackberry.net address any mail sent to the sub domains get an NDR of: "A configuration error in the e-mail system caused the message to ...

stop error message
downloaded new microsoft updates today including several drivers. system will not boot. get stop error message ...

Error: "Unable to open your default e-mail folders. The microsoft exchange server is unavailable"
Hi: I have a user on our exchange 2003 sp1 system who is receiving the above error when trying to connect to his mailbox. He is able to connect in OWA. I gave myself rights on his mailbox and set up a new profile on my machine (xp, office 2003) and connected fine. I then logged in as his account on my machine, set up a profile and tried to open outlook and received the error above. Any ideas. Not seeing this exact error on the microsoft site or google groups. ...

Fabrication and GP

Sales Order lot extended quantity error #2
Good day. Kindly confirm if this is a system bug. I am using standard GP9.0 build 301. When I create an order/invoice transaction in SOP that requires a change in the default side ID. The lot's extended quantity is incorrect. I have below the procedures I did that gave me the incorrect computation. Below is the revised procedure to better explain where I can see the error: Procedure: 1. Setup option for SOP should NOT be [Auto-Assign Lot Number] 2. Complete header information - Create a Sales Transaction Entry with Type=Order. Use the default site ID. 3. Click [Show Details] button...

Problems with windows rights management client
I've installed Windows Rights Management Server on a windows 2003 server and it appears to be working fine because I can go to the administration page. But I'm having problem with the client portion. I've installed the "windows rights management client 1.0" (msdrmclient.exe) and the "windows right management add- on for IE" (rmusetup.exe) on my Windows Xp (sp2). I use Outlook 2003 with an exchange client to an Exchange 2003 server. I then create a new message in outlook and click on the 'permissions (restricted)' icon and I get this message: ...

Access DLL Error/VBA Error
I am having a hudge issue with Access 2007 that is preventing me from programing in VBA and am REALLY hoping someone can help. There are at least two issues. If I add a control and the control wizard is selected, I get the "Error in Loading DLL" error and cannot use the wizard. Also, if I open VBA, and type "me." into the module, as soon as I type the period, Access and VBA crashes. I have deselected the references to Microsoft Office 12.0 Access dataase engine Object and OLE Automation (the only two I could de-select) but still get the same error. I uninsta...

How To Invalidate Non Client Area
Hey Friends I am trying to change the caption of a dialog bar at run time,but changes do not reflect in the bar,May be due to not invalidating and then updating the non client area.I have tried with toolbar as well but the same problem with toolbar as well. Plz Help. Did you follow my post and call ::SetWindowText on the parent frame instead. The problem you mentioned occurs when you call it on the CCOntrolBar itself. Following should work for you: ::SetWindowText(m_wndToolBar.GetParentFrame()->m_hWnd, "Changed Title"); -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Vi...

Winodws XP HOME as an Exchange 2k3 client???
Simple question (I think). Can I use Windows XP Home edition as an Exchange 2003 client. I have read that Home edition does not support joining domains and GPOs. I don't know if this makes a difference or not. TIA Peter You can run Outlook on it, so yes. Note that you'll need to make sure that the Exchange Server service properties specify "None" for the "Logon Network Security" so that the user will be prompted for credentials. You're correct that XP home cannot join a domain (and hence cannot use GPOs) but that isn't really relevent for mere access to t...

GP 9 Upgrade and SQL Server 2000 sp4