GP calculates new depreciation on a fully depreciated asset

We performed a mass change on a class of assets to change the Class ID and GL
account number.  After the mass change completed, we ran depreciation for the
month, and some of the assets that were included in the mass change that were
fully depreciated now show an amount in the Current Depreciation field
(flagged as Y for Fully Depreciated and NBV shows as $0).  A depreciation
amount was also sent to the GL as part of the depreciation batch.  We tried
this in our TEST environment successfully.  Does anyone know how this could
have happened - that GP calculated and assigned a depreciation amount to a
fully depreciated asset?

Thanks for any assistance!

calculate land area
will excell calculate square footage of an odd shaped lot. (not a square) Yes. The simplest way to to divide the area into rectangle and triangles. -- Gary''s Student "Darrell" wrote: > will excell calculate square footage of an odd shaped lot. (not a square) ...

Going Live with GP

Receive new email notification for Inbox only
I have a number of rules operating in my Mailbox (Outlook 98), but I only want to receive the yellow envelope in the system tray when a new email arrives in my Inbox, not for the ones that are redirected to other folders. Anyone know how to do this? JGP <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a number of rules operating in my Mailbox (Outlook > 98), but I only want to receive the yellow envelope in the > system tray when a new email arrives in my Inbox, not for > the ones that are redirected to other folders. Since the messages come into your Inbox first,...

new to windows mail
i am purely trying to use this program to respond to ads in craigslist. I am new to this program and have no idea how to set it up. When i click on the address of the ad i would like to respond to an error message pops up saying "the host 'yahoo' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly." Well how do I change the server name. Honestly, I just want to get this thing working so please help this not so computer savvy person. You may be asking the wrong question. Do you really want to get Windows Mail working, or do you just...

Migrating data from GP to GP

GP concurrent user and SQL 2005 CAL

Force default view for new users
Hello, Exchange 2003 SP1, Outlook XP. Each time we create a new user we would like that by default all the folders get displayed when he logs in (at least at the first logon). Any idea ? Is it a registry key ? Or a group policy ? Thanks for your help ! Regards, Luuke It is possible to force Outlook to open with a particular navigation = pane displayed, by adding this registry entry and setting the = appropriate value: =20 Key: = HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Outlook\Options\WunderBa= r Value name: BootModule Value type: REG_DWORD Value: 0 to show the Mail folder...

Worksheet().Range.Calculate Problem
I am having a major problem with these two lines of code in my otherwise great reporting tool: Worksheets("Goals Tracker").Select Worksheets("Goals Tracker").Range("G3:GA712").Calculate These 2 lines freezes up my computer to the point that I can't use any other application on my computer. It takes forever (over an hour, the last time I let it run complete) to calculate one sheet in the workbook. I need to find out if there is another way to get this done faster. Any help will be appreaciated. There's no need to select the worksheet in o...

How do you calculate effective interest
Hi: Here in Canada we calculate interest on mortgages semi-annually. How can I do that in an excel workbook? Connie Hi Connie, I am guessing you want the monthly interest rate so that you can create a payment schedule? A1=5% annual interest B1 monthly interest B1=(1+A1/2)^(1/6)-1 B1=0.4124 % So if you have a 10 years, you now have 120 months. You can use your financial formulas with your monthly rate. Does that answer your question? If not, please provide more detail. Regards, Kevin "Connie Walsh" <walshclan@_no_spam_primus.ca> wrote in message news:2p49lf...

Re-Installing Excell 2000 on new computer
I purchased Excell 2000 and installed on Dell 8200 w/windows ME. Hard drive crashed. Aquired new Dell 8300 w/ windows XP. Trying to install but windows will not except product key. "Can't find previously installed program on system". Any help would be greatly appreciated. You are presumably using an Upgrade version which requires that you ca prove ownership of a prior version. You can use any setup disk (CD o floppy disk 1) containing a qualifying Microsoft product and refer th new setup to that. I think you get the option to browse with the "no found" message...

Cannot apply new security patch
Our Exchange admin is no longer with our company and I need to install the new security patch but am getting a message saying that I don't have permissions to apply the Exchange patch. I have the Exchange Full Admin rights at the root level and am a domain admin. Server is Exchange 2003 SP2 running on Windows 2003 SP1 in a 2 node failover cluster. When I go to apply the patch (either through Microsoft Update or via download) I get a message saying "You do not have permission to update Security Update for Exchange Server (KB916803)" What else do I need to apply this patc...

Automatic Calculation #3
Hi all In Excel 97, does anybody know why the setting for Calculation - Automatic or Manual changes on its own?? A colleague of mine has Excel 97 and every so often, he has to keep changing the setting back to Automatic because it reverts to Manual of its own accord. Can anybody help with this and advise me how to prevent it? Thank you. Louise Hi Louise, excel takes its initial calculation setting from the first workbook opened, so if you open a manual workbook and then open an automatic one, excel will still be in manual. regards Charles ______________________ Decision Models Fa...

Recreate a new PST file
Hi folks, A friend of mine seems to have a corrupted Outlook setup. His 500Mb or so PST file appears twice on the left-hand pane, and when he tries to view properties on either of them he gets an error. I've verified for sure that only one PST file physically exists on the PC. This also causes problems with his address book, and he gets an error when he tries to access it. Although he can cancel this and then it works. I've tried moving the PST file, but when Outlook starts it cannot find it (of course) and exits. It doesn't give the option to create a new PST file. I was ...

Automaticaly reading in NEW emails
Hello All, I have searched high and low and I can not seem to find anything to do this. Is it possible to have CRM read in new emails automatically using a contract number as a pre-defined requirement. For example. John has a contract number 0123654 and wishes to send an email. I want CRM to pick out the standard field CONTRACT NUMBER: 0123654 and assign it directly to the Case queue. Thank you Richard There is no supported way to do this. The email router is a closed module and you have no control over it like this. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------...

Fabrication and GP

calculate overtime & doubletime
Hi... I am having a hard time calculating over and double time. I am making a list and i have this columns: Start time Finish Time Reg time Overtime Double time Total hrs 8 AM 7.30 PM To calculate the regular time I have used this formula: =IF(((H9-G9)*24)>8,8,(H9-G9)*24) To Overtime =IF((H9-G9)*24>8,(H9-G9)*24-8,0) To total Hrs =IF((OR(H9="",G9="")),0,IF((H9<G9),((H9-G9)*24)+24,(H9-G9)*24)) And I am having trouble doing the Double time... And I think the 3 formulas I have used aren't correct, because Regular time cannot be more than 8h, and overtime can...

Calculation Speed #2
I am having a lot of trouble with increasing the speed of my workbook calculations. I have queries, outside links and many INDEX and MATCH formulas that I do not want to eliminate. After I run a query and have the main page of the workbook calculate, is there any way that I can continue to calculate the rest of the workbook without the main page recalculating? All of the worksheets rely on the main page and some of the worksheets rely on other pages as well. Therefore, calc sheet is not thorough enough. I need to calculate entire workbook except certain pages. I am wondering if ge...

GP 9 Upgrade and SQL Server 2000 sp4

Notify new mails in OWA
outlook web access: I want to be alerted when new mail arrives. Must I configure internet explorer settings? thank you -- Dambo In news:202E8B5B-0D17-44F8-97FA-A69657035C44@microsoft.com, Damb0 <Damb0@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > outlook web access: I want to be alerted when new mail arrives. > > Must I configure internet explorer settings? > > thank you What version of Exchange? OWA for E2000 and 2003 should already have this working. E2003 with no sp1 -- Dambo "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" wrote: > In news:202E8B5B-0D17-44F8-97FA-A69657035...

Upgrading from GP 9 to GP 10

Payroll GP 10.0

MS Money 2006 from old computer to new with Vista
I currently have MS Money 2006 on an old computer. I have purchased a new PC with Vista. I have also purchased new MS Money 2007 on CD. What is the best way for me to proceed in loading MS Money 2007 onto the PC with Vista, and to get my old Money files. Do I load Money 2207 software and then transfer .mny file, or should I trnasfer .mny file and then load Money 2007? The order probably doesn't matter. Since it's a new machine and a new Money install, it will have no knowledge of "most recently used" files. Note that some of your settings will also not transfer in the...

MS CRM integration to GP
Hello Can any one update me wheather the mutiple company databases can be integrated to MSCRM. The senario is this. a company has mutiple entities using GP 7.5 and unique sql databases,require to integrate mscrm with gp. The integration that is supplied by MS only allows you to integrate with 1 company DB. You could probably use some of the components that are provided, but you will need to develop some of the integration logic yourself to address this. Matt On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 05:34:31 -0800, "ramki@loayoman.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello &g...

error in GP
When I try to generate a Historical Aged Trial Balance my computer freezes then gives me this error message. "The stored procedure pmHistoricalAgedTrialBalance returned the following results DBMS:208, GP:0 This is path I use to get to the report: Reports/Purchasing/Trial Balance/Historical Aged Trial Balance. We have been having problems with other reports because of the change from 2005 to 2006. I appreciate the assistance. ------=_NextPart_0001_AF5FCF35 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Jason, This is Lisa. Thank you for your inquiry on the Historica...