GP and RMS integration #2

Hi

We have RMS installed across 40 stores and are bsuy implementing GP at HQ,
but are finding the standard integration to be woefully inadequate. What are
our options here for a cost effective integration solution between GP and MS
RMS. Note we control all stock from RMS and use GP primarily for financial
control

Shaun (103)

Shaun,

We have just  suggested a custom integration( RMS-GP) solution to our client
, if you are interested in learning please drop a email.

Regards,
nj.tech@hotmail.com

"Shaun" wrote:

> Hi
>
> We have RMS installed across 40 stores and are bsuy implementing GP at HQ,
> but are finding the standard integration to be woefully inadequate. What are
> our options here for a cost effective integration solution between GP and MS
> RMS. Note we control all stock from RMS and use GP primarily for financial
> control

manick (194)
8/27/2008 4:52:01 AM
Have you looked at ConnectPro from Professional Advantage? www.profad.com
--
Leslie Vail, CPA, MCT, MVP
MCBSP-Application for Microsoft Dynamics GP

"Shaun" wrote:

> Hi
>
> We have RMS installed across 40 stores and are bsuy implementing GP at HQ,
> but are finding the standard integration to be woefully inadequate. What are
> our options here for a cost effective integration solution between GP and MS
> RMS. Note we control all stock from RMS and use GP primarily for financial
> control

Hi Leslie, We are looking at a Scribe custom integration, but i would prefer
a integration package if available at the right price. We have looked at
Connect Pro, but it works out too expensive for us as its licensed on a store
basis and our stores are all fairly small record bar style stores.

Thanks

Shaun

"Leslie Vail [MVP]" wrote:

> Have you looked at ConnectPro from Professional Advantage? www.profad.com
> --
> Leslie Vail, CPA, MCT, MVP
> MCBSP-Application for Microsoft Dynamics GP
> MCBSP-Installation and Configuration for Microsoft Dynamics GP
>   cell: 972-814-8550
>   fax: 972-692-7472
>

> "Shaun" wrote:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > We have RMS installed across 40 stores and are bsuy implementing GP at HQ,
> > but are finding the standard integration to be woefully inadequate. What are
> > our options here for a cost effective integration solution between GP and MS
> > RMS. Note we control all stock from RMS and use GP primarily for financial
> > control
> >
> > Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
0
Shaun (103)

I am fed up with Office 2007 Beta 2
I am so fed up with Office 2007 Beta 2 I could Puke. For a week now I have been unable to even open it because I tried to create a new .pst file like was suggested. The original problem was a "folder's full" error that would not allow me to archive. Now I am trying to uninstall and it is telling me that I cannot because there are changes made to the original and I need to undo those first. Can anyone help me before I chuck the whole thing out the window?? LV Calm down, have a nice cup of tea, and then start over. Tell us exactly what error messages you are getting when try...

Payable transaction integration with more 2 or more line distribut
Is it possible to set up the integration manager to upload payable transactions with more than 1 distribution accounts? I need to upload the vendor bills that usually distribute to more than one expenses accounts. Thanks!! Take a look at the "PM Transaction 8.0" in the Integration Manager samples - it looks like it distributes to more than one account. You end up with two data files - the invoice info and the distribution info. "kka" wrote: > Is it possible to set up the integration manager to upload payable > transactions with more than 1 distribution accou...

Going Live with GP

After Midnight--Rms won't open
We are running RMS 2.0.0123 on XP ser pk 2 with a server and 1 POS. If we close the RMS manager, leave the back office server running all night and attempt to start up the RMS manager the next morning, we get error messages and it will not connect. We then restart the machine and everything is fine. We have noticed this change in the last 6 months. Could this be a windows update change? You should check your antivirus log on server. I think your antivirus or router is blocking back office. other thing static ip on server and back office may resolve your problem ...

Drop Down Menus #2
I recently saw a worksheet that used a "drop down menu" in one cell. This drop down menu is a list of months of the year to choose from. I noticed that the only way to see that the cell had a drop down was when I highlighted the cell. How does one create such a drop down menu by using this one cell? I am using MS Excel 200 and Windows 98SE. Signed: lsmft -- lsmft ------------------------------------------------------------------------ lsmft's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30678 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.p...

Error on page #2
I'm getting the following error when opening a report. Using CRM 4.0 on a Windows XP desktop and have tried both IE6 and IE7. Microsoft Dynamics CRM Error Report Contents <CrmScriptErrorReport> <ReportVersion>1.0</ReportVersion> <ScriptErrorDetails> <Message>Automation server can't create object</Message> <Line>18</Line> <URL>/Corporation/crmreports/viewer/viewer.aspx?id={52B2C34D-A7DD-DD11-9EE1-001C23CEBA7D}&helpID=User%20Summary.rdl&action=filter</URL> <PageURL>/Corporation/crmreports/viewer/viewe...

Importing portfolio to Netscape 7.2
Having trouble viewing portfolio with IE6.0 Updates every minute regardless of update freq settings. Cannot do any work. Therefore...... Is there a way to import my stock portfolio from Microsoft Money online server into Netscape 7.2 "Money & Business" portfolio ? If I have to rebuild it from scratch in Netscape, it would take a month to re-enter all the historical buy and sell activity. If I do not, all Gains & Losses YTD and over-all will be false. Thanks for any help. Jim. ...

Project module integrated in Journals and cashbook
We are using the project module intensively and find it extremely uncomfortable not to be able to link project cost paid via a payment requisition or journal. Currently we need to process all project cost via the payables module which increases processing time ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click ...

RMS on origami platform
does anyone know if RMS will run on the new Origami platform that the samsung q1 is running on. ...

CRM_FilterText #2
Hi I am in the process of creating a custom report for CRM using Visual Studio. I am not entirely familiar with the process and I have posted quite a few questions in the last few weeks with regards to custom report creation. I do not find the Reports Writers Guide to be very useful and I am really looking for practical examples. My report has been created and I am now trying to use CRM_FIlterText correctly. I have created a hidden parameter and inserted the expression =Parameters!CRM_FilterText.Value. The problem I am now having is my report displays Case: Customer: Equals ABC Shoes ...

Migrating data from GP to GP

GP concurrent user and SQL 2005 CAL

OAB issue #2
Hello, Can you help me in fixing the 2 errors related to Offline address book. OALGen will skip user entry 'user1,test' in address list '\Global Address List' because the legacyExchangeDN 'ADCSuppressReplication' is invalid. - ABC Offline Address List Entry 'user2,test' has invalid or expired e-mail certificates. These certificates will not be included in the offline address list for '\Global Address List'. - ABC Offline Address List -- Vinod Kumar Expired certs are fine and you dont need to worry about them. For the users that are being...

Mail stuck in Queue #2
I have been having issue with my Exchange serve for the last few days. So installed SP2 and Hotifx that corrects the " E-mail client computers stop responding, and the Store.exe process uses up to 100 percent of the CPU resources on a server that is running Exchange Server 2003". But, there is still mail stuck in the queue. And it only gets flushed out when I reboot. I can't understand what is going on. Hi MDavis, It is most likely not a bug that you are hitting but a configuration problem. Let us know what Queue the mail is getting stuck in when this issue occurs. Tha...

Write XML #2
Hi. I'm new to XML and have a big problem. I should write a program that can show any XML-File in a TreeView. Thats no problem. Furthermore I should be able to change any entry in the Treeview and write the changes back into the XML-File. And thats the problem. It would be easy if I would know the structure of the XML-File but as i said the program should be able to edit any XML-File. I found out that the XmlTextReader has ..Depth, .LinePosition and .LineNumber. I tried to add these values to the entries in the TreeView because I thougt I could use the XmlTextWriter to write the c...

Fabrication and GP

Upgrading from GP 9 to GP 10

GP 9 Upgrade and SQL Server 2000 sp4

Payroll GP 10.0

subtotal function #2
I have a list of item numbers, descriptions, quantity sold and few other fields. Data looks like this Item Description unit Cost Quantity 123 Rubberband LB 1.00 2 123 Rubberband LB 1.00 4 123 Rubberband LB 1.00 2 124 Note pad Ea 1.50 1 124 Note pad EA 1.50 3 When I sort by Item number and subtotal I get 123 Rubber band LB 1.00 2 123 Rubberband LB 1.00 4 123 Rubberband LB 1.00 2 123 Total 8 124 Note pad Ea 1.50 1 124 Note pad EA 1.50 3 124 Total 4 When I collapse it to subtotals only I get 123 Total 8 124 Total 4 Is there any way to include the description on the subto...

Can't install Server 2008 Service pack 2 (x64)
i keep getting error code 800F0826 with no other info. trying to install on my sbs 2008 premium box. any suggestions?? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0048_01CA8ED5.5AF75FA0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Are you using the Microsoft tool to make this installation possible? http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=3Den&FamilyID= =3Dffd2fe61-9278-489e-9b96-3816394c9cb6 "BadBoy House" <mrchrishouse@googlemail.com> wrote in mess...

Text size #2
Hello friends, is there a way to change the default text size and the font for the incoming emails in OutlookXP, the email format is set to HTML with Word as the email editor. Appreciate your help. Thanks. ...

MS CRM integration to GP
Hello Can any one update me wheather the mutiple company databases can be integrated to MSCRM. The senario is this. a company has mutiple entities using GP 7.5 and unique sql databases,require to integrate mscrm with gp. The integration that is supplied by MS only allows you to integrate with 1 company DB. You could probably use some of the components that are provided, but you will need to develop some of the integration logic yourself to address this. Matt On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 05:34:31 -0800, "ramki@loayoman.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello &g...

why doesnt excel open files when i click on them #2
when i open an excel file from my documents, the excel program comes up but the file doesnt open. there's no error message or anything ...