GP Activity Table

I got advice off this website to delete a record from the Activity table.
(Error msg was "Someone is changing the Account Format. You cannot log into
this company.")I went to SQL  Server, and looked through the views and the
tables, but could not find any table with the name Activity or anything
looking like it. Can you tell me the name of the table?

Thanks - I'm new to GP. We just installed 10.0.

I have not yet upgraded to GP10.0 and am still on 9.0 but I would expect the
setup to be similar. The activity table, at least for us with 9.0, is in the
DYNAMICS database as opposed to the company databases where most of the
tables are located.

I hope this helps.

"PatFromWilloughby" wrote:

> I got advice off this website to delete a record from the Activity table.
> (Error msg was "Someone is changing the Account Format. You cannot log into
> this company.")I went to SQL  Server, and looked through the views and the
> tables, but could not find any table with the name Activity or anything
> looking like it. Can you tell me the name of the table?
>
> Thanks - I'm new to GP. We just installed 10.0.
2
DonJohnson (125)
10/18/2007 4:52:03 PM
That did it, Don. Thanks so much. I was looking in the company database, not
Dynamics. How do you learn more about the databases and where what
information is stored?

"Don Johnson" wrote:

> I have not yet upgraded to GP10.0 and am still on 9.0 but I would expect the
> setup to be similar. The activity table, at least for us with 9.0, is in the
> DYNAMICS database as opposed to the company databases where most of the
> tables are located.
>
> I hope this helps.
>

> "PatFromWilloughby" wrote:
>
> > I got advice off this website to delete a record from the Activity table.
> > (Error msg was "Someone is changing the Account Format. You cannot log into
> > this company.")I went to SQL  Server, and looked through the views and the
> > tables, but could not find any table with the name Activity or anything
> > looking like it. Can you tell me the name of the table?
> >
> > Thanks - I'm new to GP. We just installed 10.0.
I'm glad that worked for you.

Since you new to GP, you might not have discovered the resource descriptions
that are in GP. You can see these by going to Tools - Resource Descriptions
and you can see the tables, windows and fields by module. I am assuming this
is still available in GP10.0.

Also, I would suggest going to CustomerSource and looking for SDK (software
developer kits). They don't exist for all of the modules and Microsoft has
made some of them difficult to locate but these can be usesful.

Lastly, we have found "Information Flow and Posting" published by Accolade
Publications very helpful. (www.AccoladePublications.com). Our copy is for
versions 8 and 9. I don't know if they have an updated version for 10. They
also have other books that you might find helpful as well. We have.

Good luck with GP.

"PatFromWilloughby" wrote:

> That did it, Don. Thanks so much. I was looking in the company database, not
> Dynamics. How do you learn more about the databases and where what
> information is stored?
>
> "Don Johnson" wrote:
>
> > I have not yet upgraded to GP10.0 and am still on 9.0 but I would expect the
> > setup to be similar. The activity table, at least for us with 9.0, is in the
> > DYNAMICS database as opposed to the company databases where most of the
> > tables are located.
> >
> > I hope this helps.
> >

> > "PatFromWilloughby" wrote:
> >
> > > I got advice off this website to delete a record from the Activity table.
> > > (Error msg was "Someone is changing the Account Format. You cannot log into
> > > this company.")I went to SQL  Server, and looked through the views and the
> > > tables, but could not find any table with the name Activity or anything
> > > looking like it. Can you tell me the name of the table?
> > >
> > > Thanks - I'm new to GP. We just installed 10.0.
0
DonJohnson (125)
10/18/2007 5:18:00 PM
Another handy way of finding out what tables are used for a particular window
is to click on Tools>Integrate>Table Import when you have the desired window
visible on the screen.

--
Bud Cool, Accounting System Manager
HDA, Inc.  Hazelwood, MO

"Don Johnson" wrote:

> I'm glad that worked for you.
>
> Since you new to GP, you might not have discovered the resource descriptions
> that are in GP. You can see these by going to Tools - Resource Descriptions
> and you can see the tables, windows and fields by module. I am assuming this
> is still available in GP10.0.
>
> Also, I would suggest going to CustomerSource and looking for SDK (software
> developer kits). They don't exist for all of the modules and Microsoft has
> made some of them difficult to locate but these can be usesful.
>
> Lastly, we have found "Information Flow and Posting" published by Accolade
> Publications very helpful. (www.AccoladePublications.com). Our copy is for
> versions 8 and 9. I don't know if they have an updated version for 10. They
> also have other books that you might find helpful as well. We have.
>
> Good luck with GP.
>
> "PatFromWilloughby" wrote:
>
> > That did it, Don. Thanks so much. I was looking in the company database, not
> > Dynamics. How do you learn more about the databases and where what
> > information is stored?
> >
> > "Don Johnson" wrote:
> >
> > > I have not yet upgraded to GP10.0 and am still on 9.0 but I would expect the
> > > setup to be similar. The activity table, at least for us with 9.0, is in the
> > > DYNAMICS database as opposed to the company databases where most of the
> > > tables are located.
> > >
> > > I hope this helps.

0
Bud (544)

Carry forward of Activities
Hi, I have a lead and there are activities entered for the lead. When I convert this lead into an Opportunity, Account or Contact, can I also move these activities along with converting the lead. Kindly help with your thoughts. Thanks, -Jaison Jaison, No, you can't. The reason is that CRM (unlike some other crm products) only links one entity to each activity. If I wanted to bring a copy of activities from Leads over to an Account, I guess that I could create a PostCallback function on the create of the Account to search for Activities from the related lead and then duplicate them...

Going Live with GP

Cannot copy/paste in tables
I have been using publisher for years, and have used this same version (Publisher 2000) for three years. I work with a lot of tables and I have been able to highlight an entire cell (or several cells) and copy and paste them somewhere else in the table. Suddenly (perhaps after one of the many "upgrades" from Microsoft), I am unable to do this. I have a monthly project where I have to copy/move information from one cell to another continually, so to suddenly not be able to do this is very frustrating. Anyone know of a reason, or better yet, a solution to this problem? ...

VCard and Activities Tab
I'd like to send co workers my vcard, but it shows all of my activities on the activity tab. I'd prefer that this couldn't be seen. It's Outlook 2003 btw. Thank you. Sam No, it doesn't. You can stop being paranoid about this. No one is = monitoring the activities in your Outlook folders. A vCard is a text = file that contains information about a contact. You can see this for = yourself by opening it in Notepad. It contains no information about = activities. REPEATING: It contains no information about activities.=20 The Activities page builds a list *on the fly* of item...

unable to set a record as private (activities)
Microsoft CRM v3 Customers and prospects are requesting the ability to mark a record (primarily notes and emails) as private such that only the owner and other internal party users on the record are able to open it. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http...

Assign Activity to Queue in Workflow
Hi, In the regular user interface we can assign an activity to a user or queue, however in a workflow we can only assign an activity to a user. Why is that? Is there any workaround other than an assembly? Thanks! You can assign an activity in CRM 3.0 to a queue via workflow. If the primary entity of the workflow is an activity, add an "Assign entity" step to the workflow. In the Assign Entity dialog, you will see a three radio button and the bottom one for Queue should be enabled. Click that and then click the "Assign to" button Thanks Noor "Dynamics" wro...

Migrating data from GP to GP

Activate and deactivate a order
Hello, it is possibile "activate" and "de-activate" a order? In the CRM the status possible are: active, annull and submitted. I would like change the status if a attibute of account are null or not null. It's possible? Thank you, Sergio ...

Schedule service activity duration problem
I'm trying to increase the "Duration" time in the Schedule Service Activity screen to 15 days. Anything above 10 days and a message appears "The duration of this appointment is invalid". Any assistance would be appreciated. ...

GP concurrent user and SQL 2005 CAL

update another table afterinsert
Hi, relative newbie question: I've got a datasheet form which I'm using for stock in/out recording which adds a record for each stock transaction in a stock table (number of stock in and out etc.) , I also have a total stock level field on the products table - I want to add\subtract from the stock total in the products table when I add a record to this stock transactions table in the datasheet - what is the best method to do this? I was thinking do a sql update in code on the Form_AfterInsert event - am I doing the right thing? -- Jyan ------------------------------...

ALTER TABLE and ANSI_WARNINGS
We are running SQL Server 2008 enterprise. I am attempting to change the data type on a column from int to bigint using the following command: ALTER TABLE dbo.jkAudit ALTER COLUMN jkAudit_UID bigint When the above command is executed I get the following error: Msg 1934, Level 16, State 1, Line 1 ALTER TABLE failed because the following SET options have incorrect settings: 'ANSI_WARNINGS'. Verify that SET options are correct for use with indexed views and/or indexes on computed columns and/or filtered indexes and/or query notifications and/or XML data type methods and/or ...

Pivot Table Count Issue
I'm using Excel 2003. I'm a high school guidance secretary. The administrators are constantly asking for data relating to course failures. From our school's student management program, I've exported a listing of all course grades for the year and used the data to create a pivot table. Right now, I'm only using row fields: StuName, GradeLVL, TermID, StoreCode, Course, Grade I've filtered the data to only show records with a TermID of '1901' & '1900'. (Semester 1 Final or Year Long). I've also filtered the StoreCode to only...

Pivot tables #2
Does anyone know a good place to find information about pivot tables and how to use them? http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html where one link leads here http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/Pivots/pivotstart.htm -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "alex" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C6226A31-9CC4-4441-A293-6FB1EF22DF13@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know a good place to find information about pivot tables and how to use them? alex http://edferrero.m6.net/Pivot.html Also see PivotTable I, II, and III at MS site. http://office.microsoft...

Stuck on Simple Query and Form from 2 Tables
I know I should know how to do this and have probably done it before, but can't seem to get it right: Tables: Households (Many) Committees (One) Fields: (Standard Contact Info Fields) (Chair & 12 # fields for Members) Many to One Join on Committees.ID to Households.Committees_ID I want to be able to build a Committes query and form that 1) in the form selects a name from a Households.Head dropdown list in each Member (1, 2, 3, etc) field; 2) after selection, displays Phone and Email info beside each Committe.Member's name; 3) stores relation...

Pivot Table xl2007 Q
I currently have a PT in xl2007 with dates in my Column Data (From 1/01/2010 to 5/31/2010); I've currently filtered to show only 2/05/2010 to 2/25/2010 (the only actual February dates). How can I extract the Lowest current date (2/05) and the Max Current date (2/25) out to cells D1 and D2 so when I print the report these dates are visible to the reader? TIA, Jim May ...

Fabrication and GP

Upgrading from GP 9 to GP 10

GP 9 Upgrade and SQL Server 2000 sp4

Payroll GP 10.0

activate
I have an MFC-application where I have opened several modeless dialogs with: Create(IDD_DIALOG1,GetDesktopWindow()); How do I make one of the dialogs the foremost window (bring it in front of every other application) i.e. make it the active application? SetForegroundWindow() should do the job. joe On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 17:13:38 +0200, "David" <nomail@nospam.com> wrote: >I have an MFC-application where I have opened several modeless dialogs with: >Create(IDD_DIALOG1,GetDesktopWindow()); > >How do I make one of the dialogs the foremost window (bring it in f...

error in GP
When I try to generate a Historical Aged Trial Balance my computer freezes then gives me this error message. "The stored procedure pmHistoricalAgedTrialBalance returned the following results DBMS:208, GP:0 This is path I use to get to the report: Reports/Purchasing/Trial Balance/Historical Aged Trial Balance. We have been having problems with other reports because of the change from 2005 to 2006. I appreciate the assistance. ------=_NextPart_0001_AF5FCF35 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Jason, This is Lisa. Thank you for your inquiry on the Historica...

Dragging in values from on table to another...
Hi guys can you help me? I am struggling with a slow spreadsheet I use aprox 250 Vlookup formula to drag through information from sheet to display in a formatted sheet, this makes re-calc a 'cup of te and cookies' task....as I am now getting fat off cookies, can yo explain if VBA would be a lot quicker and how I would go about it? This is the current state of play:- Sheet Range Called 'QuestionData' is as follows 45012 Apples Green Round 49018 Oranges Orange Round 85221 ...

MS CRM integration to GP
Hello Can any one update me wheather the mutiple company databases can be integrated to MSCRM. The senario is this. a company has mutiple entities using GP 7.5 and unique sql databases,require to integrate mscrm with gp. The integration that is supplied by MS only allows you to integrate with 1 company DB. You could probably use some of the components that are provided, but you will need to develop some of the integration logic yourself to address this. Matt On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 05:34:31 -0800, "ramki@loayoman.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello &g...