GP 9.0 on SQL 2008 #2

Is GP9.0 supported on SQL Server 2008?  Does GP9.0 appear to perform
correctly on SQL Server 2008?  Thank you.
0
Marv (6)

GP 9.0 is not officially supported on SQL Server 2008, however, if your
databases are on SQL Server 2005, you can transfer them to a SQL Server 2008
box under database compatibility 9.0 (SQL Server 2005).

Best regards,
--
MG.-
Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP

"Marv" wrote:

> Is GP9.0 supported on SQL Server 2008?  Does GP9.0 appear to perform
> correctly on SQL Server 2008?  Thank you.
0
MarianoGomez (3440)

Drop Down Menus #2
I recently saw a worksheet that used a "drop down menu" in one cell. This drop down menu is a list of months of the year to choose from. I noticed that the only way to see that the cell had a drop down was when I highlighted the cell. How does one create such a drop down menu by using this one cell? I am using MS Excel 200 and Windows 98SE. Signed: lsmft -- lsmft ------------------------------------------------------------------------ lsmft's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30678 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.p...

Going Live with GP

Assign Activity to Queue in Workflow
Hi, In the regular user interface we can assign an activity to a user or queue, however in a workflow we can only assign an activity to a user. Why is that? Is there any workaround other than an assembly? Thanks! You can assign an activity in CRM 3.0 to a queue via workflow. If the primary entity of the workflow is an activity, add an "Assign entity" step to the workflow. In the Assign Entity dialog, you will see a three radio button and the bottom one for Queue should be enabled. Click that and then click the "Assign to" button Thanks Noor "Dynamics" wro...

Lookup cell above next value >0
I have a table with two rows, 33 columns long. Top row has Years (2004 to 2036) in it and the row below is intended for the inputing of values in percentage form. Some of the cells in bottom row may be left blank or with 0 value. Elsewhere on my spreadsheet I want to create formulas that will return the top row value (year) for each year where the value in bottom row is greater than 0. For example, if A1 = 2004 A2 = 2005 A3 = 2006 A4 = 2007 B1 = 0 % B2 = 5 % B3 = blank B4 = 20% What formula in cell C1 will return value "2005" and in cell C2 the next year ...

Migrating data from GP to GP

OAB issue #2
Hello, Can you help me in fixing the 2 errors related to Offline address book. OALGen will skip user entry 'user1,test' in address list '\Global Address List' because the legacyExchangeDN 'ADCSuppressReplication' is invalid. - ABC Offline Address List Entry 'user2,test' has invalid or expired e-mail certificates. These certificates will not be included in the offline address list for '\Global Address List'. - ABC Offline Address List -- Vinod Kumar Expired certs are fine and you dont need to worry about them. For the users that are being...

GP concurrent user and SQL 2005 CAL

CRM 3.0 Currency symbol
No matter what i do i cant get the currency symbol to stay changed from $ to £ As soon as i exit the organisation settings form it changes back. Please help I have full admin rights on the network/crm/world etc Hi I am facing same problem. Do let me know if the case gets resolved. -- Thanks in advance. Ankit "Brian McFarland" wrote: > No matter what i do i cant get the currency symbol to stay changed from $ to £ > > As soon as i exit the organisation settings form it changes back. > > Please help > > I have full admin rights on the netwo...

Re: Problems sending e-mail from CRM 4.0
sorry, replied to the wrong post. Dave "Dave Ireland" <direland@salentica.com> wrote in message news:... > There's one for 500 concurrent here: > > http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=3bf7ecda-7eaf-4f1c-bbfe-cae19bc8bb78&displaylang=en > > Dave Ireland > > "Esteban GN" <egnra@hotmail.com> wrote in message > news:%23DGaT4PPJHA.1164@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... >> Hi, group, I have problems to send e-mail from CRM 4.0 >> I have the e-mail router and the test is OK. >> I see the folowing error in ...

Pivot tables #2
Does anyone know a good place to find information about pivot tables and how to use them? http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html where one link leads here http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/Pivots/pivotstart.htm -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "alex" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C6226A31-9CC4-4441-A293-6FB1EF22DF13@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know a good place to find information about pivot tables and how to use them? alex http://edferrero.m6.net/Pivot.html Also see PivotTable I, II, and III at MS site. http://office.microsoft...

MRP Regeneration (Items) #2
Hi, When running a Regeneration (Items) I receive the error: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Violation of PRIMARY KEY constraint 'PKMP010330'. Cannont insert duplicate key in object 'MP010330'. When I launch a full regeneration after this error, it run fine. Hi Louis, The error you are receiving is from the program trying to insert a record in the MPR_Months table when the record being inserted already exists. A little more information would be helpful in trying to figure out why you are getting this error. You say you receive the error when trying to ...

MRMS 2.0
Hi Mates, I am using MRMS 2.0 and my log files size is multiplying very fast. Tried doing the database shrinking and making the recovery mode to simple. Still the log files size is mulitplying. Is there any fix for this from microsoft. Thanks in Advance RK 1) With both the original .MDF and .LDF files located where they supposed to be, run RMS Admin and select the database you want to shrink. 2) Issue this query to find the log device name: SELECT FILE_NAME(2). This will return the name of your log device (in our case, we called the database SS1 and the log device name is Store1...

Fabrication and GP

Payroll GP 10.0

subtotal function #2
I have a list of item numbers, descriptions, quantity sold and few other fields. Data looks like this Item Description unit Cost Quantity 123 Rubberband LB 1.00 2 123 Rubberband LB 1.00 4 123 Rubberband LB 1.00 2 124 Note pad Ea 1.50 1 124 Note pad EA 1.50 3 When I sort by Item number and subtotal I get 123 Rubber band LB 1.00 2 123 Rubberband LB 1.00 4 123 Rubberband LB 1.00 2 123 Total 8 124 Note pad Ea 1.50 1 124 Note pad EA 1.50 3 124 Total 4 When I collapse it to subtotals only I get 123 Total 8 124 Total 4 Is there any way to include the description on the subto...

Text size #2
Hello friends, is there a way to change the default text size and the font for the incoming emails in OutlookXP, the email format is set to HTML with Word as the email editor. Appreciate your help. Thanks. ...

Vlookup returns "0"

Can't install Server 2008 Service pack 2 (x64)
i keep getting error code 800F0826 with no other info. trying to install on my sbs 2008 premium box. any suggestions?? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0048_01CA8ED5.5AF75FA0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Are you using the Microsoft tool to make this installation possible? http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=3Den&FamilyID= =3Dffd2fe61-9278-489e-9b96-3816394c9cb6 "BadBoy House" <mrchrishouse@googlemail.com> wrote in mess...

Upgrading from GP 9 to GP 10

GP 9 Upgrade and SQL Server 2000 sp4

How do I catch orchestration exception using eConnect 8.0
Hello, the exception I am getting in Biztalk Health & Activity Tracking: Quote: Microsoft.GreatPlain.eConnect.eConnectException: Sql procedure error codes returned: Error Number = 7149 Stored Procedure taRMTransaction Error Description = The Salesperson entered(SLPRSNID) does not exist in the Salesperson Master Table. UnQuote How do I catch "Microsoft.GreatPlain.eConnect.eConnectException" in my orchestration? Thanks in advance for your help. -- mj ------=_NextPart_0001_013BBFE8 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi RNJ, We do not suggest, nor supp...

MS CRM integration to GP
Hello Can any one update me wheather the mutiple company databases can be integrated to MSCRM. The senario is this. a company has mutiple entities using GP 7.5 and unique sql databases,require to integrate mscrm with gp. The integration that is supplied by MS only allows you to integrate with 1 company DB. You could probably use some of the components that are provided, but you will need to develop some of the integration logic yourself to address this. Matt On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 05:34:31 -0800, "ramki@loayoman.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello &g...

Outlook 2003 Smart Tag Integration with MSN Messenger 7.0 vs Windows Messenger
Is there a way to use MSN Messenger 7.0 with the Outlook 2003 Smart Tag integration instead of useing Windows Messenger? Seems really silly that Outlook 2003 would use Windows Messenger a older product with less features then use MSN Messenger which is a newer product with more features. I've search all over the net for this answer and all I find is others asking the same questions but never and answer. -- Regards, Chris ...

error in GP
When I try to generate a Historical Aged Trial Balance my computer freezes then gives me this error message. "The stored procedure pmHistoricalAgedTrialBalance returned the following results DBMS:208, GP:0 This is path I use to get to the report: Reports/Purchasing/Trial Balance/Historical Aged Trial Balance. We have been having problems with other reports because of the change from 2005 to 2006. I appreciate the assistance. ------=_NextPart_0001_AF5FCF35 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Jason, This is Lisa. Thank you for your inquiry on the Historica...