GP 9 Project Accounting

One of our new book keepers was entering purchase invoices into GP and did
not assign the invoices to a project. Is there a way to go back and correct
this or do I need to void the invoice and reenter it?

No there's no way to go back and add the project after they're posted

"Neil Haffey" wrote:

> One of our new book keepers was entering purchase invoices into GP and did
> not assign the invoices to a project. Is there a way to go back and correct
> this or do I need to void the invoice and reenter it?

Going Live with GP

Project and Outlook Communication
For the longest time we were using Lotus notes, but have now switched to MS Outlook. Does anyone know of advantages by having MS Project and MS Outook? are there any special ways these communicate or can be used that we could not do with Lotus? We are on MS Project Professional (including PWA) 2007 SP1 Thanks Steve SteveP -- When you move to Outlook from Lotus Notes, you will find there is an Project Server 2007 add-in for Outlook that allows a team member to import and report on PWA tasks from within Outlook. Before they can use the add-in, they must download and inst...

Migrating data from GP to GP

Changing Display Name of Account Entity
I have changed the name of the account entity to Groups and this has displayed correctly. However, when looking at Views the headings still have Account Name which I assume it is picking up from the Display Name on the entity. I can't seem to change this as it is greyed out - is there a way to change the headings on Views? Thanks Sue Ignore this - I was looking in the wrong place! "Sue Westlake" wrote: > I have changed the name of the account entity to Groups and this has > displayed correctly. However, when looking at Views the headings still have > Account ...

GP concurrent user and SQL 2005 CAL

Account list headings
Of the headings in the account list: Account; Last Updated; To Review; Bank Balance; and Adj. Balance. I only have details in the Account name column and the adjusted balance column. Could someone tell me how/when the other fields are used? I would like to show balance at the bank at the last point I reconciled my transactions (last updated?) against the adjusted balance, all in the one screen. Just to note that the adjusted balance includes items that I have yet to reconcile, ie items after my last bank statement I hope above is clear, and appreciate help Musty ...

Unable to stop outlook to sync with IMAP account
Hi All my outlook profile handles two accounts one is of exchange and another one is of IMAP. Out of these two accounts I want to sync with IMAP account in certain cases only(like when system is idle or when exchange is offline) For achieving this I have created an Outlook Add in that handles Syncstart event, when sync start is fired I am just stopping that by Stop() method of Sync object. I have tried below code but was not able to stop the sync. Can anybady help me on this. private NameSpace ns; ns = ThisAplication.Session; private Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook.SyncObjec...

Disabled Account [WIDLPACKET]
Exchange 2003. A user was disabled 6 months ago and I noticed todate it is still able to receive e-mail. Is it because some active users have Full Access to the mailbox? Some say it is normal behavior of Exchange to receive e-mails for disabled Accounts?? Advise please. Thanks in advace. That would be because someone has either set the SELF ACL as having Full Mailbox Access, or another account has been set as the Associated External Account. Running a tool called NoMAS can also fix this. By default, as soon as you disable an account, it will generate NDR's for any messages se...

Fabrication and GP

Upgrading from GP 9 to GP 10

GP 9 Upgrade and SQL Server 2000 sp4

Payroll GP 10.0

Project Accounting -- AP Invoices
There is an AP Invoice that has been paid. We need to change the Project Number that this invoice was charged to. I think the easiest way is to enter a return to vendor to remove the invoice from the first project. Reenter the invoice against the correct project. Then in Purchasing apply the credit created by the return to vendor against the newly entered invoice. "Allyson" wrote: > There is an AP Invoice that has been paid. We need to change the Project > Number that this invoice was charged to. ...

MS CRM integration to GP
Hello Can any one update me wheather the mutiple company databases can be integrated to MSCRM. The senario is this. a company has mutiple entities using GP 7.5 and unique sql databases,require to integrate mscrm with gp. The integration that is supplied by MS only allows you to integrate with 1 company DB. You could probably use some of the components that are provided, but you will need to develop some of the integration logic yourself to address this. Matt On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 05:34:31 -0800, "ramki@loayoman.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello &g...

Importing from Outlook, Contacts AND Accounts
I've read various postings on this here, but am still a bit confused. When I import from Outlook into CRM, I don't have any options about field mappings within the Import tool, just which folder to import from. It seems to make sense that since Outlook has distinct company and contact fields, one could import them as accounts and contacts, but I don't see how. I realize code can be written to do this, but shouldn't this be a pretty basic function that most everyone with Outlook would want to use? Or am I just missing something here? Thanks, Chuck Brown ...

error in GP
When I try to generate a Historical Aged Trial Balance my computer freezes then gives me this error message. "The stored procedure pmHistoricalAgedTrialBalance returned the following results DBMS:208, GP:0 This is path I use to get to the report: Reports/Purchasing/Trial Balance/Historical Aged Trial Balance. We have been having problems with other reports because of the change from 2005 to 2006. I appreciate the assistance. ------=_NextPart_0001_AF5FCF35 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Jason, This is Lisa. Thank you for your inquiry on the Historica...

Account Setup Temporarily Unavailable
OK I decide to wipe the slate clean on my 2005 trial and deleted my problematic account that was not showing current transactions. When I went to set it up it started buy has hit a glitch. The bank name is now appearing in my account list but is asking me to provide sign in information so I click that link and it takes me to the list of banking institutions and highlights mine. I click next and it gives me the error message, "Account Setup is temporarily unavailiable. Please try again later". This is gone on all day. I have another account listed in my list from a different i...

GP General Ledger Distribution Reference Field Length
Is there a way of expanding the field length of the Distribution Reference field beyond 30 characters? No, I'm afraid it is not possible. "Pam" <Pam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6D76FF64-76BE-4FCE-812F-2AC8519BAB4D@microsoft.com... : Is there a way of expanding the field length of the Distribution Reference : field beyond 30 characters? Just curious, why do you need a longer field length - for drill down purposes or for report printing purposes? "Pam" wrote: > Is there a way of expanding the field length of the Distribution Refer...

email Bounce "From: derived from envelope by postmaster@mail-9.uk.tiscali.com"
This is an odd one, and I just don't know where to look for answers... We have an SBS 2003 server, patched with all the usual POP3 connector patches, and it all seems to be working fine... Every once in a while, a client who sends in to us gets a bounce message... From: derived from envelope by postmaster@mail-9.uk.tiscali.com I've no idea where the message is coming from..., as he will send emails in quite happily for several weeks then he gets one of these..?, and it fails... He just resends it and it works fine... He is the only customer we have this problems...

Business Portal (BP) and Great Plains (GP)
We do not have all the fields in the Ledger Transaction Summary History Table (BP) available as we do in the Account Transaction table in GP i.e. can't find TRX Date in BP but have it GP. Is there any control when installing the BP software with respect to what fields for a table will be displayed and can be used in constructing queries in BP? How do we get access to additional fields in BP? Kimmer, Thanks for using the newsgroups. The Ledger Transaction Summary History entity maps to the Account Summary History table. The Account Transaction History table is not exposed th...

Activities assigned to contacts or accounts???
I created some activities associated with a contact and completed/closed them. They now show up in the history associated with that contact. But if I go to the account associated with the contact I don't see any history at all. I can create and close some activities associated with the account and these will show up in the account history. But I'd expect the contact history to rollup to the parent account. Anyone found a way to make this happen. I want the detail of which contact the activity was really done, but NEED to be able to view ALL activities for an account regard...

Microsoft Works # 9 calendar
I have activated Microsoft works # 9 calender reminder from the start up menu, but have still not received a reminder of events on start up or when using the calender. I used to get a pop up window with the calender as a reminder. Are there any simple fixes to this issue. Thanks. dutch7@comcast.net ...

sample data in project accounting better by small program like HR
Is better to add the sample date in Project accounting by small program like HR or Manufacturing. because the macro some times stop if you didn't make the payroll tax update or didn't make the path of the picture for payroll. so I suggest it is better and easy for all please best Awad Elshafia Ibrahim ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion...

Duplicate Accounts when Online Update
I have MS Money 2008 Home & Business. Windows XP-32 bit. When I first set up MS Money, the Online Updates worked fine. I bank with Wells Fargo and when I clicked update now, it would go out and update my Checking and Savings account ok. I have changed a few things, trying to config MS Money for 1st time use, and now when I update this bank account, it creates new accounts with a #2 after each one. I changed my user name and password, at Wells Fargo request. I went into MS Money, and Changed the account settings. Ever since then, the account just failed to connect. Tonight, I went t...