GP 9 Packager

Has anyone used the GP 9.0 Packager to roll out the application to
workstations?  I tried using the packager on the cd, but it looks to me that
ot will only roll out the basic install.  I would like to roll out the
install with a third party product (Wennsoft) and the current service pack as
well as some vba customizations.  Is this possible with CD packager?

I have some luck using WinInstall LE to create the msi package, but have not
perfected it yet and is taking a lot of time.  Just thought I would see if I
am missing something easy.  Thanks in advance for any replies.

Darren

Going Live with GP

Migrating data from GP to GP

GP concurrent user and SQL 2005 CAL

Watch these package
--zidmdbtfq Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="foxjfdpfc"; type="multipart/alternative" --foxjfdpfc Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="krlgchacegrmm" --krlgchacegrmm Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Partner this is the latest version of security update, the "November 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to help maintain the security of your computer. This update...

Fabrication and GP

GP 9 Upgrade and SQL Server 2000 sp4

Payroll GP 10.0

Upgrading from GP 9 to GP 10

MS CRM integration to GP
Hello Can any one update me wheather the mutiple company databases can be integrated to MSCRM. The senario is this. a company has mutiple entities using GP 7.5 and unique sql databases,require to integrate mscrm with gp. The integration that is supplied by MS only allows you to integrate with 1 company DB. You could probably use some of the components that are provided, but you will need to develop some of the integration logic yourself to address this. Matt On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 05:34:31 -0800, "ramki@loayoman.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello &g...

error in GP
When I try to generate a Historical Aged Trial Balance my computer freezes then gives me this error message. "The stored procedure pmHistoricalAgedTrialBalance returned the following results DBMS:208, GP:0 This is path I use to get to the report: Reports/Purchasing/Trial Balance/Historical Aged Trial Balance. We have been having problems with other reports because of the change from 2005 to 2006. I appreciate the assistance. ------=_NextPart_0001_AF5FCF35 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Jason, This is Lisa. Thank you for your inquiry on the Historica...

GP General Ledger Distribution Reference Field Length
Is there a way of expanding the field length of the Distribution Reference field beyond 30 characters? No, I'm afraid it is not possible. "Pam" <Pam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6D76FF64-76BE-4FCE-812F-2AC8519BAB4D@microsoft.com... : Is there a way of expanding the field length of the Distribution Reference : field beyond 30 characters? Just curious, why do you need a longer field length - for drill down purposes or for report printing purposes? "Pam" wrote: > Is there a way of expanding the field length of the Distribution Refer...

Business Portal (BP) and Great Plains (GP)
We do not have all the fields in the Ledger Transaction Summary History Table (BP) available as we do in the Account Transaction table in GP i.e. can't find TRX Date in BP but have it GP. Is there any control when installing the BP software with respect to what fields for a table will be displayed and can be used in constructing queries in BP? How do we get access to additional fields in BP? Kimmer, Thanks for using the newsgroups. The Ledger Transaction Summary History entity maps to the Account Summary History table. The Account Transaction History table is not exposed th...

email Bounce "From: derived from envelope by postmaster@mail-9.uk.tiscali.com"
This is an odd one, and I just don't know where to look for answers... We have an SBS 2003 server, patched with all the usual POP3 connector patches, and it all seems to be working fine... Every once in a while, a client who sends in to us gets a bounce message... From: derived from envelope by postmaster@mail-9.uk.tiscali.com I've no idea where the message is coming from..., as he will send emails in quite happily for several weeks then he gets one of these..?, and it fails... He just resends it and it works fine... He is the only customer we have this problems...

Microsoft Works # 9 calendar
I have activated Microsoft works # 9 calender reminder from the start up menu, but have still not received a reminder of events on start up or when using the calender. I used to get a pop up window with the calender as a reminder. Are there any simple fixes to this issue. Thanks. dutch7@comcast.net ...

Feedback on GP Time and Attendance
I am looking for some feedback on GP 9 / BP 3 version of Time and Attendance. We are using non Payroll, Canadian version, of GP Time and Attendance and we are experiencing many limitations. What is your experience with this product? Any other similar product you'd recommend? Thanks in advance, Bruno ...

I want to know GP Tables Definitions
I need to know the tables for the window general transaction entry in GL Carmencite: Go Tools>Resource Descriptions>Windows. Select Product/Series/View By. You'll be able to see all the tables associated with a specific window. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com blog: www.gp2themax.blogspot.com Carmencita, In addition you may want to check David Musgrave's article on resources at http://blogs.msdn.com/developingfordynamicsgp/archive/2008/10/05/finding-table-and-field-information-in-microsoft-dynamics-gp.aspx Best regards, -- M...

Deactivate MS GP
Hello everyone We are in the process of migrating our data from MS Great Plains to Dynamics AX. Once is all converted we still need to keep GP at least read only for about 7 years I was wondering if anyone has any idea what steps should I take to decommission GP. -- villica I would setup one user class called 'Inquiry Only', set security settings for this class so that only Inquiry and Reports can be accessed, then assign all users to the Inquiry class. Hope this helps, Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com ge...

Help for upgrade process from GP 7.5 to GP 10.0
Hi All, I have recently completed my certification in GP 10.0 Inventory. I've managed to get some hands-on experience with the product. There is a requirement from a client for upgrading his system from GP 7.5 to GP 10.0. The client happens to be from the hospitality industry. Could someone guide me on this? I would also greatly appreciate if anyone could point to blogs and articles on the subject. Many Thanks, Sadique Sadique, Mariano Gomez's blog is a good place to start: http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com/2008/10/dynamics-gp-upgrade-path.html. -- Victoria Yudin Dynam...

GP
Dynamic security console is corrupted or have invalid data. How to solve this issue It would help if you let us know how and when you get this error (as in doing exactly what). Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com "Riju" wrote: > Dynamic security console is corrupted or have invalid data. > > How to solve this issue ...

Filtering #9
I have a table of 100 rows and 4 columns as follows area name location observation remarks now the area name is common and there are many rows with one common "area name" for e.g. tank farm. similarly after many observations in one area the area changes to another Now as the lower cells below the area name( tank farm) are blank when I filter only the row with the tank farm is displayed How can I get all the observations related to that area displayed? My solution was I filled all the lower cells with the area name and then filtered and got the required result howeve...

GP 10.0 download
MS announced that GP 10.0 will be available for download in May. Does this mean a download of the full 10.0 CDs? Or a download of the VPC demo image? Hi Mike, It will be a demo of the VPC image. Full version is expected by end of June. -Mike -- Micheal LoPatriello Coordinator, Luna Development mlopat@lunadevelopment.com http://www.lunadevelopment.com "Mike Muscarella" wrote: > MS announced that GP 10.0 will be available for download in May. Does this > mean a download of the full 10.0 CDs? Or a download of the VPC demo image? ...

Need Help Copying Excel 2000 data into WordPerfect 9 table
Hi. What I'm trying to do is copy data that I have in Excel 2000 and past it into tables that I have already made in WordPerfect 9 (They ar WordPerfect 9 formatted tables). I've tried paste and paste special but what it does it pastes all of the data that I selected in Exce into only one cell of the table I've created in WordPerfect. Is ther any way to paste it into WordPerfect so that each cell from Excel i correctly pasted into each corresponding cell in WordPerfect -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Renaming a GP 9 server
Hi, My question is that if I rename a GP 9 server - does great plains and MSDE 200 0 work fine ... in terms of data access etc? Thanks Hi Melu You will need to recreate all of the ODBC connections to the server (including the one on the server if you are using the server name to connect). Fliehigh "melu" wrote: > Hi, > > My question is that if I rename a GP 9 server - does great plains and MSDE > 200 0 work fine ... in terms of data access etc? > > Thanks Not quite correct. You'll find that no user besides sa can log in. The reason is the name of...

Prove this important package that came from the MS
--gfrwqzvr Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="jysmofobf"; type="multipart/alternative" --jysmofobf Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="octmskbciyaixi" --octmskbciyaixi Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft User this is the latest version of security update, the "November 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three new vulnerabilities. Install now to continue keeping your comp...