GP 9 new user cannot change password

We're testing the upgrade from 7 to 9, and in our 9 database, I added a new
user but the user cannot change the password. I checked my ODBC settings and
everything is unchecked, &c. Can anyone tihnk of anything else?

I've read the other posts on this subject and tried everything suggested, to
no avail.

Does the new user have rights to any company?

Visit us at Convergence in San Diego -- booth 624.
--
Richard L. Whaley
Author / Consultant / MVP

For help learning and better using Dynamics GP,... check out our books at
http://www.AccoladePublications.com

"Programmer in So Cal" wrote:

> We're testing the upgrade from 7 to 9, and in our 9 database, I added a new
> user but the user cannot change the password. I checked my ODBC settings and
> everything is unchecked, &c. Can anyone tihnk of anything else?
>
> I've read the other posts on this subject and tried everything suggested, to
> no avail.
0
info4071 (3004)
2/6/2007 3:43:00 AM
We had a similar problem where users couldn't change their password when the
"Change Password Next Login" option was active.  The problem in our case is
that SQL 2K5 requires the use of the "SQL Native Client" driver instead of
the standard "SQL Server" driver.

"Programmer in So Cal" wrote:

> We're testing the upgrade from 7 to 9, and in our 9 database, I added a new
> user but the user cannot change the password. I checked my ODBC settings and
> everything is unchecked, &c. Can anyone tihnk of anything else?
>
> I've read the other posts on this subject and tried everything suggested, to
> no avail.
0
fgw (54)
2/6/2007 3:51:00 PM
Thanks!  That fixed the problem!

"-fgw" wrote:

> We had a similar problem where users couldn't change their password when the
> "Change Password Next Login" option was active.  The problem in our case is
> that SQL 2K5 requires the use of the "SQL Native Client" driver instead of
> the standard "SQL Server" driver.
>
> "Programmer in So Cal" wrote:
>
> > We're testing the upgrade from 7 to 9, and in our 9 database, I added a new
> > user but the user cannot change the password. I checked my ODBC settings and
> > everything is unchecked, &c. Can anyone tihnk of anything else?
> >
> > I've read the other posts on this subject and tried everything suggested, to
> > no avail.

Reports
I've finally finished testing and installing a new report for client.On my development machine, the report - with thanks to all who have helped with the footer issues and PDF conversion - works just fine. The header format fits, the detail section fits, the footers print in the correct place. In 99% of the cases, all data fits on one page. The conversion from report to PDF places all text in one page and saves the file in the correct location.On the client's machine, the report splits into two pages. Now, before you say the usual: "Have you checked the margins", "wh...

Customising Outlook defaults for new folders.
Is there a way to set the default settings for new Outlook folders? I am using Outlook 2003. I personally do not like the reading pane, I find emails sorted in group difficult to read and I also find the default ordering of the columns in the list of message quite unproductive for me. I appreciate the many may like the defalt order, however I would simply like to have the option of establishing the defaults I find most productive. Have I missed something in the Outlook set-up options? View->Current View->Customize. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the gro...

column chart changes my data
Hi I have attempted to make a column chart with error bars using 6.3 0.008199 6.8 0.0151625 7.5 0.006469 as my data, BUT when i highlight and insert chart my figures (6.3,6.8,7.5) change to 1,2, and 3. and my other figures change to 1-8 I am trying to show rate of reaction vs pH level can anyone tell me what i am doing wrong as I dont normally have any trouble with these charts.I am using office 2003 -- thanks to all You should be using an XY chart for numerical value, particularly for scientific analyses. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Pelt...

Lookup field for Current User
Hello, I am needing to write some javascript (for onload) that will lookup the current logged on user, then pull a couple fields from that users entity to populate part of a http string used for an IFrame. I already have the javascript setup for the IFrame and it is working, I just need to make it dynamic depending on who is logging in. Thanks in advance for the help. Respectfully, Chris Where is your code running? As part of the CRM web (below the /isv folder)? If yes and if it is an ASP.NET application, you can use the SDK assemblies to impersonate and get to all information you ...

Going Live with GP

new to windows mail
i am purely trying to use this program to respond to ads in craigslist. I am new to this program and have no idea how to set it up. When i click on the address of the ad i would like to respond to an error message pops up saying "the host 'yahoo' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly." Well how do I change the server name. Honestly, I just want to get this thing working so please help this not so computer savvy person. You may be asking the wrong question. Do you really want to get Windows Mail working, or do you just...

Modify code from paste values to change font color / multiple rang
Hi, I was wondering if you could help me out modify a code that currently paste values to change the font color to automatic or black and to add multiple ranges (new ranges are E8:E17, E24:E33,E40:E49 and E56:E81) The current code is below and works Great! Thanks to everyone that helped/will help me out!! Sub PVPrImpct() With Range("b48:b74").Offset(, Worksheets( _ "Summary by month MTD").Range("A4") - 1) .Value = .Value End With End Sub Thanks again! I'm not sure if those ranges are before the offset or after... ...

Receive new email notification for Inbox only
I have a number of rules operating in my Mailbox (Outlook 98), but I only want to receive the yellow envelope in the system tray when a new email arrives in my Inbox, not for the ones that are redirected to other folders. Anyone know how to do this? JGP <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a number of rules operating in my Mailbox (Outlook > 98), but I only want to receive the yellow envelope in the > system tray when a new email arrives in my Inbox, not for > the ones that are redirected to other folders. Since the messages come into your Inbox first,...

Migrating data from GP to GP

excel font changes in email
Hi, We have just had office 2003 installed on one of our machines while the rest are still running on a previous version. We opened a template from our server changed it and re-saved to the server. Now when the files are emailed and opened by one of our original machines in another office they come out with a very different appearance in terms of layout and font. Anybody any suggestions, it´s driving us crazy. Thanks What were the before and after font names? If the font used on the "sending" pc doesn't exist on the "receiving" pc, then windows will do a su...

Changing Display Name of Account Entity
I have changed the name of the account entity to Groups and this has displayed correctly. However, when looking at Views the headings still have Account Name which I assume it is picking up from the Display Name on the entity. I can't seem to change this as it is greyed out - is there a way to change the headings on Views? Thanks Sue Ignore this - I was looking in the wrong place! "Sue Westlake" wrote: > I have changed the name of the account entity to Groups and this has > displayed correctly. However, when looking at Views the headings still have > Account ...

user-defined customer address
Would like to see the ability to set the User-defined fields in RM Customer Address Summary in the program. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=523b48af-435a-4f...

Force default view for new users
Hello, Exchange 2003 SP1, Outlook XP. Each time we create a new user we would like that by default all the folders get displayed when he logs in (at least at the first logon). Any idea ? Is it a registry key ? Or a group policy ? Thanks for your help ! Regards, Luuke It is possible to force Outlook to open with a particular navigation = pane displayed, by adding this registry entry and setting the = appropriate value: =20 Key: = HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Outlook\Options\WunderBa= r Value name: BootModule Value type: REG_DWORD Value: 0 to show the Mail folder...

GP concurrent user and SQL 2005 CAL

Cannot apply new security patch
Our Exchange admin is no longer with our company and I need to install the new security patch but am getting a message saying that I don't have permissions to apply the Exchange patch. I have the Exchange Full Admin rights at the root level and am a domain admin. Server is Exchange 2003 SP2 running on Windows 2003 SP1 in a 2 node failover cluster. When I go to apply the patch (either through Microsoft Update or via download) I get a message saying "You do not have permission to update Security Update for Exchange Server (KB916803)" What else do I need to apply this patc...

Easy way to change names?
I have a spreadsheet that was converted from Lotus 123 to Excel format, and I'm having a little problem with the names. The original spreadsheet contains a lot of names that begin with digits (like 01DATA,02DATA,03DATA,...), and these names were converted directly to Excel without modification (I converted from 123 because Excel wouldn't even open the original file without crashing). The problem is, Excel doesn't allow names to begin with digits. So, I'm having to go through and add an underscore to each invalid name, and then locate each reference in the workbook and change i...

Re-Installing Excell 2000 on new computer
I purchased Excell 2000 and installed on Dell 8200 w/windows ME. Hard drive crashed. Aquired new Dell 8300 w/ windows XP. Trying to install but windows will not except product key. "Can't find previously installed program on system". Any help would be greatly appreciated. You are presumably using an Upgrade version which requires that you ca prove ownership of a prior version. You can use any setup disk (CD o floppy disk 1) containing a qualifying Microsoft product and refer th new setup to that. I think you get the option to browse with the "no found" message...

Fabrication and GP

Automaticaly reading in NEW emails
Hello All, I have searched high and low and I can not seem to find anything to do this. Is it possible to have CRM read in new emails automatically using a contract number as a pre-defined requirement. For example. John has a contract number 0123654 and wishes to send an email. I want CRM to pick out the standard field CONTRACT NUMBER: 0123654 and assign it directly to the Case queue. Thank you Richard There is no supported way to do this. The email router is a closed module and you have no control over it like this. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------...

Recreate a new PST file
Hi folks, A friend of mine seems to have a corrupted Outlook setup. His 500Mb or so PST file appears twice on the left-hand pane, and when he tries to view properties on either of them he gets an error. I've verified for sure that only one PST file physically exists on the PC. This also causes problems with his address book, and he gets an error when he tries to access it. Although he can cancel this and then it works. I've tried moving the PST file, but when Outlook starts it cannot find it (of course) and exits. It doesn't give the option to create a new PST file. I was ...

Manager grayed out on user setup

GP 9 Upgrade and SQL Server 2000 sp4

Form Colors on a form change on a laptop pc
When one of our users prints his Expense Report (an Excel form), it prints in blue ink and he would like it changed to black. Previously, the color of the lines was set to automatic. I changed the color to black and it still prints blue for him. Is there a setting on his pc that is doing this and could I override it by making a change to the Excel file? Thanks. -- akkrug Sounds to me like he's running out of blank ink. ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "akkrug" <kenneth.krug@uticanational.com> wrote in message news:B6C284E0-28A4-42E7-88C1-C069513FEF...

Notify new mails in OWA
outlook web access: I want to be alerted when new mail arrives. Must I configure internet explorer settings? thank you -- Dambo In news:202E8B5B-0D17-44F8-97FA-A69657035C44@microsoft.com, Damb0 <Damb0@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > outlook web access: I want to be alerted when new mail arrives. > > Must I configure internet explorer settings? > > thank you What version of Exchange? OWA for E2000 and 2003 should already have this working. E2003 with no sp1 -- Dambo "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" wrote: > In news:202E8B5B-0D17-44F8-97FA-A69657035...