GP 9 and SQL 2008

Can the GP 9 database be moved form a SQL 2005 to SQL 2008 server?  I also am
using Business Portal and FRx.

We are moving from GP 9 to v2010 and figured I can move the database to the
new SQL 2008 server prior to doing the upgrade in a few months.

GP 9.0 is not supported on SQL Server 2008 and there have been some reported
issues running GP 9.0 on SQL 2008.  Unless there is absolutely no choice, I
would recommend waiting until your upgrade to GP 2010 to go to SQL 2008.

--
Victoria Yudin
Dynamics GP MVP (2005 - 2010)

"sverne" wrote:

> Can the GP 9 database be moved form a SQL 2005 to SQL 2008 server?  I also am
> using Business Portal and FRx.
>
> We are moving from GP 9 to v2010 and figured I can move the database to the
> new SQL 2008 server prior to doing the upgrade in a few months.

Going Live with GP

Move databases from WSS SQL Express to Full SQL?
Is there a procedure to move a WSS SQL Express database to another server running SQL Server? ------=_NextPart_0001_FE3063F0 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello Matt, Yes there is a process needs to be followed: Detach the content Database from SharePoint Web application through Central Administration Move LDF and MDF files to the new Server Attach the Content Database from new SQL Server (There is a option to mention Database Server and DB name when you attach) Make sure your Farm account has DBCreator and Security Admin roles in the new ...

Migrating data from GP to GP

DHCP on fresh 2008 install.
I have disabled the router DHCP. If I do ipconfig /all (after restarting it) on the server amongst the stuff is: DHCP Enabled = no. I have restarted a PC on the network (server has no PCs connected yet) and it seems to have a correct address 192.168 3 x. Is the DHCP server really off and is so how do I start it? Note I have only just loaded SBS2008 on the server so little config has been done. Slowly does it! -- happyhacker ------------------------------------------------------------------------ happyhacker's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/188993.htm View t...

GP concurrent user and SQL 2005 CAL

Fabrication and GP

Upgrading from GP 9 to GP 10

GP 9 Upgrade and SQL Server 2000 sp4

Can't install Server 2008 Service pack 2 (x64)
i keep getting error code 800F0826 with no other info. trying to install on my sbs 2008 premium box. any suggestions?? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0048_01CA8ED5.5AF75FA0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Are you using the Microsoft tool to make this installation possible? http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=3Den&FamilyID= =3Dffd2fe61-9278-489e-9b96-3816394c9cb6 "BadBoy House" <mrchrishouse@googlemail.com> wrote in mess...

Payroll GP 10.0

MS CRM integration to GP
Hello Can any one update me wheather the mutiple company databases can be integrated to MSCRM. The senario is this. a company has mutiple entities using GP 7.5 and unique sql databases,require to integrate mscrm with gp. The integration that is supplied by MS only allows you to integrate with 1 company DB. You could probably use some of the components that are provided, but you will need to develop some of the integration logic yourself to address this. Matt On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 05:34:31 -0800, "ramki@loayoman.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello &g...

error in GP
When I try to generate a Historical Aged Trial Balance my computer freezes then gives me this error message. "The stored procedure pmHistoricalAgedTrialBalance returned the following results DBMS:208, GP:0 This is path I use to get to the report: Reports/Purchasing/Trial Balance/Historical Aged Trial Balance. We have been having problems with other reports because of the change from 2005 to 2006. I appreciate the assistance. ------=_NextPart_0001_AF5FCF35 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Jason, This is Lisa. Thank you for your inquiry on the Historica...

GP General Ledger Distribution Reference Field Length
Is there a way of expanding the field length of the Distribution Reference field beyond 30 characters? No, I'm afraid it is not possible. "Pam" <Pam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6D76FF64-76BE-4FCE-812F-2AC8519BAB4D@microsoft.com... : Is there a way of expanding the field length of the Distribution Reference : field beyond 30 characters? Just curious, why do you need a longer field length - for drill down purposes or for report printing purposes? "Pam" wrote: > Is there a way of expanding the field length of the Distribution Refer...

Autonumber Workaround with SQL Server 2005 BE
I built a multi-user contacts application as a split Access database initially and then moved the back end to SQL Server 2005 using an ODBC connection. I implemented an AutoNumber workaround to avoid primary key collisions when users attempt to add records at the same time (probably borrowed from Allen Browne or Albert Kallal?) by setting the default value of the ContactID field = DMax("ContactID", "tblContacts") + 1 and trapping any duplicate key errors as follows: Private Sub Form_Error(DataErr As Integer, Response As Integer) On Error GoTo Err_Form_Error Resp...

[ANN] Updaters for Office 2008 and 2004
Updaters for Office 2008 and Office 2004 were released today. For info and links see the Entourage Help Blog: <http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/> The Office 2008 update is a combo updater. This update includes all the improvements that were released in all previous Office 2008 for Mac updates. Improvements for Entourage 2008 ---Updated time zone information. The Office 2004 updater requires the 11.5.2 Update to be installed. Improvements for Entourage 2004 ---Updated time zone information. ---------How to tell if you are updated--------- The Microsoft Component Plugin will always be u...

email Bounce "From: derived from envelope by postmaster@mail-9.uk.tiscali.com"
This is an odd one, and I just don't know where to look for answers... We have an SBS 2003 server, patched with all the usual POP3 connector patches, and it all seems to be working fine... Every once in a while, a client who sends in to us gets a bounce message... From: derived from envelope by postmaster@mail-9.uk.tiscali.com I've no idea where the message is coming from..., as he will send emails in quite happily for several weeks then he gets one of these..?, and it fails... He just resends it and it works fine... He is the only customer we have this problems...

Business Portal (BP) and Great Plains (GP)
We do not have all the fields in the Ledger Transaction Summary History Table (BP) available as we do in the Account Transaction table in GP i.e. can't find TRX Date in BP but have it GP. Is there any control when installing the BP software with respect to what fields for a table will be displayed and can be used in constructing queries in BP? How do we get access to additional fields in BP? Kimmer, Thanks for using the newsgroups. The Ledger Transaction Summary History entity maps to the Account Summary History table. The Account Transaction History table is not exposed th...

Office 2008 will not update or run in other than safe mode in OS 10.6
Version: 2008 Processor: Intel OS 10.6 Snow Leopard 2 GHz intel duo 2 GB 677 MHz Ram Office 2008 12.2.0 When I run any office module it does not load, when I run Word I just get "optimizing fonts" message and I have to force quit (application not responding). It runs in safe mode but when I try to do the update, even in safe mode, to 12.2.1 it says it says that "a version of the software required to install this update was not found on this volume". I did a reinstall from the CD in safe mode (quit all programs, select remove Office, restart after install) and then tried t...

Microsoft Works # 9 calendar
I have activated Microsoft works # 9 calender reminder from the start up menu, but have still not received a reminder of events on start up or when using the calender. I used to get a pop up window with the calender as a reminder. Are there any simple fixes to this issue. Thanks. dutch7@comcast.net ...

Feedback on GP Time and Attendance
I am looking for some feedback on GP 9 / BP 3 version of Time and Attendance. We are using non Payroll, Canadian version, of GP Time and Attendance and we are experiencing many limitations. What is your experience with this product? Any other similar product you'd recommend? Thanks in advance, Bruno ...

Wrong SQL?
I am trying to install CRM 3.0 in a SBS 2003 R2 box but in the "System Requirements" window I get the following error message" "The edition "Workgroup Edition" of the specified SQL Server is not supported by this SQL Server reporting Services Installation. Supported editions are Enterprise Edition and Standard Edition" "Workgroup Edition" is the one included with R2 and I don't have "Standard" one. Is there a work-around? TIA Stefano ...

I want to know GP Tables Definitions
I need to know the tables for the window general transaction entry in GL Carmencite: Go Tools>Resource Descriptions>Windows. Select Product/Series/View By. You'll be able to see all the tables associated with a specific window. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com blog: www.gp2themax.blogspot.com Carmencita, In addition you may want to check David Musgrave's article on resources at http://blogs.msdn.com/developingfordynamicsgp/archive/2008/10/05/finding-table-and-field-information-in-microsoft-dynamics-gp.aspx Best regards, -- M...

Deactivate MS GP
Hello everyone We are in the process of migrating our data from MS Great Plains to Dynamics AX. Once is all converted we still need to keep GP at least read only for about 7 years I was wondering if anyone has any idea what steps should I take to decommission GP. -- villica I would setup one user class called 'Inquiry Only', set security settings for this class so that only Inquiry and Reports can be accessed, then assign all users to the Inquiry class. Hope this helps, Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com ge...

Help for upgrade process from GP 7.5 to GP 10.0
Hi All, I have recently completed my certification in GP 10.0 Inventory. I've managed to get some hands-on experience with the product. There is a requirement from a client for upgrading his system from GP 7.5 to GP 10.0. The client happens to be from the hospitality industry. Could someone guide me on this? I would also greatly appreciate if anyone could point to blogs and articles on the subject. Many Thanks, Sadique Sadique, Mariano Gomez's blog is a good place to start: http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com/2008/10/dynamics-gp-upgrade-path.html. -- Victoria Yudin Dynam...