GP 8.0 new customer

Our company purchased GP 8.0 and we are having difficulty with the amount of
time it takes to reconcile the daily cash receipt.  Does anyone do
approximately 1500 to 2000 invoices in one month - varied $ amountf from as
little as 3.49 to more than 2500.  When we post a batch it gives us numerous
pages of "cash sales" that we have to deposit.  It just seems to be time
consuming and we would like to streamline this process.  Any suggestions?

0
kelk (1)

Hi Ann-

With a little more information I think I can help with your issue.  Please
feel free to call me at 407-660-0059 x 109 if you would like to discuss the
matter futher .

"Ann" wrote:

> Our company purchased GP 8.0 and we are having difficulty with the amount of
> time it takes to reconcile the daily cash receipt.  Does anyone do
> approximately 1500 to 2000 invoices in one month - varied $ amountf from as
> little as 3.49 to more than 2500.  When we post a batch it gives us numerous
> pages of "cash sales" that we have to deposit.  It just seems to be time
> consuming and we would like to streamline this process.  Any suggestions?

0
Rachel (30)

Going Live with GP

Assign Activity to Queue in Workflow
Hi, In the regular user interface we can assign an activity to a user or queue, however in a workflow we can only assign an activity to a user. Why is that? Is there any workaround other than an assembly? Thanks! You can assign an activity in CRM 3.0 to a queue via workflow. If the primary entity of the workflow is an activity, add an "Assign entity" step to the workflow. In the Assign Entity dialog, you will see a three radio button and the bottom one for Queue should be enabled. Click that and then click the "Assign to" button Thanks Noor "Dynamics" wro...

Receive new email notification for Inbox only
I have a number of rules operating in my Mailbox (Outlook 98), but I only want to receive the yellow envelope in the system tray when a new email arrives in my Inbox, not for the ones that are redirected to other folders. Anyone know how to do this? JGP <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a number of rules operating in my Mailbox (Outlook > 98), but I only want to receive the yellow envelope in the > system tray when a new email arrives in my Inbox, not for > the ones that are redirected to other folders. Since the messages come into your Inbox first,...

Lookup cell above next value >0
I have a table with two rows, 33 columns long. Top row has Years (2004 to 2036) in it and the row below is intended for the inputing of values in percentage form. Some of the cells in bottom row may be left blank or with 0 value. Elsewhere on my spreadsheet I want to create formulas that will return the top row value (year) for each year where the value in bottom row is greater than 0. For example, if A1 = 2004 A2 = 2005 A3 = 2006 A4 = 2007 B1 = 0 % B2 = 5 % B3 = blank B4 = 20% What formula in cell C1 will return value "2005" and in cell C2 the next year ...

new to windows mail
i am purely trying to use this program to respond to ads in craigslist. I am new to this program and have no idea how to set it up. When i click on the address of the ad i would like to respond to an error message pops up saying "the host 'yahoo' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly." Well how do I change the server name. Honestly, I just want to get this thing working so please help this not so computer savvy person. You may be asking the wrong question. Do you really want to get Windows Mail working, or do you just...

Migrating data from GP to GP

GP concurrent user and SQL 2005 CAL

Force default view for new users
Hello, Exchange 2003 SP1, Outlook XP. Each time we create a new user we would like that by default all the folders get displayed when he logs in (at least at the first logon). Any idea ? Is it a registry key ? Or a group policy ? Thanks for your help ! Regards, Luuke It is possible to force Outlook to open with a particular navigation = pane displayed, by adding this registry entry and setting the = appropriate value: =20 Key: = HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Outlook\Options\WunderBa= r Value name: BootModule Value type: REG_DWORD Value: 0 to show the Mail folder...

CRM 3.0 Currency symbol
No matter what i do i cant get the currency symbol to stay changed from $ to £ As soon as i exit the organisation settings form it changes back. Please help I have full admin rights on the network/crm/world etc Hi I am facing same problem. Do let me know if the case gets resolved. -- Thanks in advance. Ankit "Brian McFarland" wrote: > No matter what i do i cant get the currency symbol to stay changed from $ to £ > > As soon as i exit the organisation settings form it changes back. > > Please help > > I have full admin rights on the netwo...

Re-Installing Excell 2000 on new computer
I purchased Excell 2000 and installed on Dell 8200 w/windows ME. Hard drive crashed. Aquired new Dell 8300 w/ windows XP. Trying to install but windows will not except product key. "Can't find previously installed program on system". Any help would be greatly appreciated. You are presumably using an Upgrade version which requires that you ca prove ownership of a prior version. You can use any setup disk (CD o floppy disk 1) containing a qualifying Microsoft product and refer th new setup to that. I think you get the option to browse with the "no found" message...

excel
office excel 2003 I wish to be able to insert the contents of a particular cell on the worksheet in a custom footer eg using the Page Setup - Footer dialog box: "&[cell reference eg A1] - &[Tab] : page &[Page] of &[Pages]" I am amazed that this is currently not possible ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft We...

MRMS 2.0
Hi Mates, I am using MRMS 2.0 and my log files size is multiplying very fast. Tried doing the database shrinking and making the recovery mode to simple. Still the log files size is mulitplying. Is there any fix for this from microsoft. Thanks in Advance RK 1) With both the original .MDF and .LDF files located where they supposed to be, run RMS Admin and select the database you want to shrink. 2) Issue this query to find the log device name: SELECT FILE_NAME(2). This will return the name of your log device (in our case, we called the database SS1 and the log device name is Store1...

Re: Problems sending e-mail from CRM 4.0
sorry, replied to the wrong post. Dave "Dave Ireland" <direland@salentica.com> wrote in message news:... > There's one for 500 concurrent here: > > http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=3bf7ecda-7eaf-4f1c-bbfe-cae19bc8bb78&displaylang=en > > Dave Ireland > > "Esteban GN" <egnra@hotmail.com> wrote in message > news:%23DGaT4PPJHA.1164@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... >> Hi, group, I have problems to send e-mail from CRM 4.0 >> I have the e-mail router and the test is OK. >> I see the folowing error in ...

Recreate a new PST file
Hi folks, A friend of mine seems to have a corrupted Outlook setup. His 500Mb or so PST file appears twice on the left-hand pane, and when he tries to view properties on either of them he gets an error. I've verified for sure that only one PST file physically exists on the PC. This also causes problems with his address book, and he gets an error when he tries to access it. Although he can cancel this and then it works. I've tried moving the PST file, but when Outlook starts it cannot find it (of course) and exits. It doesn't give the option to create a new PST file. I was ...

Automaticaly reading in NEW emails
Hello All, I have searched high and low and I can not seem to find anything to do this. Is it possible to have CRM read in new emails automatically using a contract number as a pre-defined requirement. For example. John has a contract number 0123654 and wishes to send an email. I want CRM to pick out the standard field CONTRACT NUMBER: 0123654 and assign it directly to the Case queue. Thank you Richard There is no supported way to do this. The email router is a closed module and you have no control over it like this. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------...

Custom Page Headers
I want to show the contents of a cell in the page header when I print the document. Does anyone have a solution for this? Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) ActiveSheet.PageSetup.CenterHeader = ActiveSheet _ ..Range("A1").Value End Sub --- Place this macro in the "ThisWorkbook" module. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >I want to show the contents of a cell in the page header when I print the >document. Does anyone have a solution for this? >. > ...

Fabrication and GP

Payroll GP 10.0

Vlookup returns "0"

GP 9 Upgrade and SQL Server 2000 sp4

Notify new mails in OWA
outlook web access: I want to be alerted when new mail arrives. Must I configure internet explorer settings? thank you -- Dambo In news:202E8B5B-0D17-44F8-97FA-A69657035C44@microsoft.com, Damb0 <Damb0@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > outlook web access: I want to be alerted when new mail arrives. > > Must I configure internet explorer settings? > > thank you What version of Exchange? OWA for E2000 and 2003 should already have this working. E2003 with no sp1 -- Dambo "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" wrote: > In news:202E8B5B-0D17-44F8-97FA-A69657035...

Upgrading from GP 9 to GP 10

Deleting a Custom Shortcut Menu
I've created a few custom shortcut menu's in Access and I noticed a typo in the name of one of them. Maybe I'm missing something, but how do I rename a SHORTCUT MENU? (not a toolbar or menu bar...I realize there is a "Rename..." button for those) Also, for future reference, how do I delete custom shortcut menus that I've created? If I go to customize the toolbars and check "Shortcut Menus" (to show the shortcut menu bar) then go to the "Custom" button I can see the shortcut menus I've created and add/remove buttons to them. It even ...

Custom message on department
Hi, I was wondering if there is a way to get the POS to popup a message saying that customer details are required to be filled in when an item belonging to a particular department is rung up at the POS? Dan Store Ops Manager allows you to assign an item message to items in inventory. Go to database - items - properties - special You will see a field on the left side that allows you to assign an item message popup when the item is rung up at the POS First you need to create the item message - go to Database - Item Messages - New - enter "Customer Required" in Title and Me...