GP 8.0 help, corrupted datbase?

Hello techies.. I am very new to Great Plains so I need some assistance and
hopefully someone can help.  We are using GP 8.0, and for some reason this
week we have started have problems with our Dynamics database, on SQL 2000.
When a user logs in to GP, then they select their company it the window then
says "initializing Great Plains" then quickly changes to "applying personal
settings".  On occasion, before it begins the "applying.." we get errors
associated with some custom modules that were created months ago.  This
problem only started happening this week.  We have confirmed the problem is
in the Dynamics database becuase we are able to produce the error using a
backup copy of the production database on our test server.  We do backups
every hour to disk so we can easily restore the dynamics database.   Does
anyone know if i can open a .TRN file, so i can investigate what changed in
that file to see if that is the cause?

Or does anyone have any other suggestions?
0
Rod7490 (89)

We need to know the text of the error message.......
--
Richard L. Whaley
Author / Consultant / MVP

For help learning and better using Dynamics GP,... check out our books at
http://www.AccoladePublications.com

"Rod" wrote:

> Hello techies.. I am very new to Great Plains so I need some assistance and
> hopefully someone can help.  We are using GP 8.0, and for some reason this
> week we have started have problems with our Dynamics database, on SQL 2000.
> When a user logs in to GP, then they select their company it the window then
> says "initializing Great Plains" then quickly changes to "applying personal
> settings".  On occasion, before it begins the "applying.." we get errors
> associated with some custom modules that were created months ago.  This
> problem only started happening this week.  We have confirmed the problem is
> in the Dynamics database becuase we are able to produce the error using a
> backup copy of the production database on our test server.  We do backups
> every hour to disk so we can easily restore the dynamics database.   Does
> anyone know if i can open a .TRN file, so i can investigate what changed in
> that file to see if that is the cause?
>
> Or does anyone have any other suggestions?
0
info4071 (3004)
9/29/2006 4:26:01 AM
Just before applying the personalized settings the first message says "Could
not add seperator item." then there are about four other messages referring
to custom forms saying "Could not add comment...".

"Richard L. Whaley MVP" wrote:

> We need to know the text of the error message.......
> --
> Richard L. Whaley
> Author / Consultant / MVP
> Documentation for Software Users
>
> For help learning and better using Dynamics GP,... check out our books at
> http://www.AccoladePublications.com
>

> "Rod" wrote:
>
> > Hello techies.. I am very new to Great Plains so I need some assistance and
> > hopefully someone can help.  We are using GP 8.0, and for some reason this
> > week we have started have problems with our Dynamics database, on SQL 2000.
> > When a user logs in to GP, then they select their company it the window then
> > says "initializing Great Plains" then quickly changes to "applying personal
> > settings".  On occasion, before it begins the "applying.." we get errors
> > associated with some custom modules that were created months ago.  This
> > problem only started happening this week.  We have confirmed the problem is
> > in the Dynamics database becuase we are able to produce the error using a
> > backup copy of the production database on our test server.  We do backups
> > every hour to disk so we can easily restore the dynamics database.   Does
> > anyone know if i can open a .TRN file, so i can investigate what changed in
> > that file to see if that is the cause?
> >
> > Or does anyone have any other suggestions?
0
Rod7490 (89)

Outlook 98 out of memory, pls help.
out of memory when save message as messages format. ...

Going Live with GP

Assign Activity to Queue in Workflow
Hi, In the regular user interface we can assign an activity to a user or queue, however in a workflow we can only assign an activity to a user. Why is that? Is there any workaround other than an assembly? Thanks! You can assign an activity in CRM 3.0 to a queue via workflow. If the primary entity of the workflow is an activity, add an "Assign entity" step to the workflow. In the Assign Entity dialog, you will see a three radio button and the bottom one for Queue should be enabled. Click that and then click the "Assign to" button Thanks Noor "Dynamics" wro...

Need help with putting text in a shape
Greetings, I am making an a4 flyer, i have used a background photo over which i have placed a shape which i plan to type in. The problem is i need to rotate the shape 90 degrees for what i want it to look like. Having rotated the shape i type in it and the writing goes top to bottom (it too has been rotated) and i want it to go left to right. Imagine a piece of A4 paper, you write along the top and then twist the paper right 90 degrees, thats how my text looks, and i want it left to right with the shape staying where i put it. Any ideas how i can change the text direction, i have look...

Lookup cell above next value >0
I have a table with two rows, 33 columns long. Top row has Years (2004 to 2036) in it and the row below is intended for the inputing of values in percentage form. Some of the cells in bottom row may be left blank or with 0 value. Elsewhere on my spreadsheet I want to create formulas that will return the top row value (year) for each year where the value in bottom row is greater than 0. For example, if A1 = 2004 A2 = 2005 A3 = 2006 A4 = 2007 B1 = 0 % B2 = 5 % B3 = blank B4 = 20% What formula in cell C1 will return value "2005" and in cell C2 the next year ...

newbie seeks excel help
hi hope someone can help, i have a spreadsheet that has daily sales, monthly sales and yearly sales which (forgive my explanation i am a complete newbie lol) when i enter a new value in the daily sales, i want the monthly sales to increases but also add the previous value, and the same with the yearly cell, if you know what i mean. A1 A2 A3 daily sales monthlysales yearly sales 1 2 3 at the moment im trying =A1+A2 for cell A2, and =A2+A3 for cell A3, but i keep getting a circular reference message, ...

Migrating data from GP to GP

Easy Question, Please Help ASAP :/
Hi- I juSt learned Access and I'm having trouble with operators. I need to run a query using specific date ranges. EX: 7/1/2005 - 8/20/2007. For my next column I need: I also need to run a query using containing all the data that has the words "Pass" and "In Progress". Can someone please assist me with the correct formula? I need this within the next 15 mins. Thanks soo much. 15 mins? try a chat room or phone support which this isnt Try Query wizard "tt_Gyrl" <ttGyrl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F83F81BE-EEEB-4C27-82C9-898...

GP concurrent user and SQL 2005 CAL

CRM 3.0 Currency symbol
No matter what i do i cant get the currency symbol to stay changed from $ to £ As soon as i exit the organisation settings form it changes back. Please help I have full admin rights on the network/crm/world etc Hi I am facing same problem. Do let me know if the case gets resolved. -- Thanks in advance. Ankit "Brian McFarland" wrote: > No matter what i do i cant get the currency symbol to stay changed from $ to £ > > As soon as i exit the organisation settings form it changes back. > > Please help > > I have full admin rights on the netwo...

MRMS 2.0
Hi Mates, I am using MRMS 2.0 and my log files size is multiplying very fast. Tried doing the database shrinking and making the recovery mode to simple. Still the log files size is mulitplying. Is there any fix for this from microsoft. Thanks in Advance RK 1) With both the original .MDF and .LDF files located where they supposed to be, run RMS Admin and select the database you want to shrink. 2) Issue this query to find the log device name: SELECT FILE_NAME(2). This will return the name of your log device (in our case, we called the database SS1 and the log device name is Store1...

Re: Problems sending e-mail from CRM 4.0
sorry, replied to the wrong post. Dave "Dave Ireland" <direland@salentica.com> wrote in message news:... > There's one for 500 concurrent here: > > http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=3bf7ecda-7eaf-4f1c-bbfe-cae19bc8bb78&displaylang=en > > Dave Ireland > > "Esteban GN" <egnra@hotmail.com> wrote in message > news:%23DGaT4PPJHA.1164@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... >> Hi, group, I have problems to send e-mail from CRM 4.0 >> I have the e-mail router and the test is OK. >> I see the folowing error in ...

Fabrication and GP

Help
Hello, I have Money 2006 Deluxe. I keep getting this message: Account setup is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later. I have tried all week. Thanks Frank ...

Payroll GP 10.0

Vlookup returns "0"

Upgrading from GP 9 to GP 10

GP 9 Upgrade and SQL Server 2000 sp4

pls help me
Hi every body, I am a new member of this group. I prepare programms in excel with the help of various functions. Can any body tell me any way that any person not able to run the excel sheet if he/she stolen program by any person or staff member for this private use from my hard disk. If i give password for opening the workbook. it is not possible because staff members are working on that program in office. My staff member copy the programs and misuse it. Pls help me Nitin K Goyal I'll loan you my gun for use on the staff member. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austi...

How do I catch orchestration exception using eConnect 8.0
Hello, the exception I am getting in Biztalk Health & Activity Tracking: Quote: Microsoft.GreatPlain.eConnect.eConnectException: Sql procedure error codes returned: Error Number = 7149 Stored Procedure taRMTransaction Error Description = The Salesperson entered(SLPRSNID) does not exist in the Salesperson Master Table. UnQuote How do I catch "Microsoft.GreatPlain.eConnect.eConnectException" in my orchestration? Thanks in advance for your help. -- mj ------=_NextPart_0001_013BBFE8 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi RNJ, We do not suggest, nor supp...

MS CRM integration to GP
Hello Can any one update me wheather the mutiple company databases can be integrated to MSCRM. The senario is this. a company has mutiple entities using GP 7.5 and unique sql databases,require to integrate mscrm with gp. The integration that is supplied by MS only allows you to integrate with 1 company DB. You could probably use some of the components that are provided, but you will need to develop some of the integration logic yourself to address this. Matt On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 05:34:31 -0800, "ramki@loayoman.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello &g...

error in GP
When I try to generate a Historical Aged Trial Balance my computer freezes then gives me this error message. "The stored procedure pmHistoricalAgedTrialBalance returned the following results DBMS:208, GP:0 This is path I use to get to the report: Reports/Purchasing/Trial Balance/Historical Aged Trial Balance. We have been having problems with other reports because of the change from 2005 to 2006. I appreciate the assistance. ------=_NextPart_0001_AF5FCF35 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Jason, This is Lisa. Thank you for your inquiry on the Historica...

Outlook 2003 Smart Tag Integration with MSN Messenger 7.0 vs Windows Messenger
Is there a way to use MSN Messenger 7.0 with the Outlook 2003 Smart Tag integration instead of useing Windows Messenger? Seems really silly that Outlook 2003 would use Windows Messenger a older product with less features then use MSN Messenger which is a newer product with more features. I've search all over the net for this answer and all I find is others asking the same questions but never and answer. -- Regards, Chris ...

GP General Ledger Distribution Reference Field Length
Is there a way of expanding the field length of the Distribution Reference field beyond 30 characters? No, I'm afraid it is not possible. "Pam" <Pam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6D76FF64-76BE-4FCE-812F-2AC8519BAB4D@microsoft.com... : Is there a way of expanding the field length of the Distribution Reference : field beyond 30 characters? Just curious, why do you need a longer field length - for drill down purposes or for report printing purposes? "Pam" wrote: > Is there a way of expanding the field length of the Distribution Refer...