GP 8.0 and SQL 2005

i try to install GP 8.0 ON SQK 2005 i have message that is not support PLS
help me to install it?
regards
Fouad Farhan

Fouad,

GP 8.0 is not yet supported on SQL 2005.  You can either install GP 8.0 on
SQL 2000 or GP 9.0 on SQL 2005.

--
Victoria Yudin
GP MVP

"Fouad" <fo_fo_2000@yahoo.com.FOR_SPAM> wrote in message
>i try to install GP 8.0 ON SQK 2005 i have message that is not support PLS
> help me to install it?
> regards
> Fouad Farhan

0
victoria (3340)
12/20/2005 12:39:21 PM
It's not advisable to start upgrading to SQL 2005 on a production server. As
far as I know, SQL 2005 works with GP9.0.
--
http://ddelprado.blogspot.com

"Victoria [MVP]" wrote:

> Fouad,
>
> GP 8.0 is not yet supported on SQL 2005.  You can either install GP 8.0 on
> SQL 2000 or GP 9.0 on SQL 2005.
>
> --
> Victoria Yudin
> GP MVP
>

> "Fouad" <fo_fo_2000@yahoo.com.FOR_SPAM> wrote in message
> >i try to install GP 8.0 ON SQK 2005 i have message that is not support PLS
> > help me to install it?
> > regards
> > Fouad Farhan

0
Dukester (155)
12/20/2005 10:40:03 PM
Per the installation instructions from Microsoft, GP 8.0 is not supported on
SQL 2005.  To upgrade to SQL 2005, you must first upgrade GP 8.0 to GP 9.0,
then upgrade yours SQL 2000 to SQL 2005.

"Fouad" wrote:

> i try to install GP 8.0 ON SQK 2005 i have message that is not support PLS
> help me to install it?
> regards
> Fouad Farhan
0
Chris6982 (632)

2005 Deluxe
Upgraded from 2003. Seems like I've lost functionality. Can't find how to separate catagory entry between category and subcategory (all one entry now). Also can't find the MoneySide FollowUP Notes that I used to have on the home page. Am I not looking in the right place? Thanks. MoneySide has been gone since M04. You are, IIRC, the second person to post here having noticed. As to dual cat lists: see http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=161. BTW, you are supposed to prefer single list. "Elliot" <Elliot@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E9082426-5...

Going Live with GP

Assign Activity to Queue in Workflow
Hi, In the regular user interface we can assign an activity to a user or queue, however in a workflow we can only assign an activity to a user. Why is that? Is there any workaround other than an assembly? Thanks! You can assign an activity in CRM 3.0 to a queue via workflow. If the primary entity of the workflow is an activity, add an "Assign entity" step to the workflow. In the Assign Entity dialog, you will see a three radio button and the bottom one for Queue should be enabled. Click that and then click the "Assign to" button Thanks Noor "Dynamics" wro...

Lookup cell above next value >0
I have a table with two rows, 33 columns long. Top row has Years (2004 to 2036) in it and the row below is intended for the inputing of values in percentage form. Some of the cells in bottom row may be left blank or with 0 value. Elsewhere on my spreadsheet I want to create formulas that will return the top row value (year) for each year where the value in bottom row is greater than 0. For example, if A1 = 2004 A2 = 2005 A3 = 2006 A4 = 2007 B1 = 0 % B2 = 5 % B3 = blank B4 = 20% What formula in cell C1 will return value "2005" and in cell C2 the next year ...

Migrating data from GP to GP

GP concurrent user and SQL 2005 CAL

CRM 3.0 Currency symbol
No matter what i do i cant get the currency symbol to stay changed from $ to £ As soon as i exit the organisation settings form it changes back. Please help I have full admin rights on the network/crm/world etc Hi I am facing same problem. Do let me know if the case gets resolved. -- Thanks in advance. Ankit "Brian McFarland" wrote: > No matter what i do i cant get the currency symbol to stay changed from $ to £ > > As soon as i exit the organisation settings form it changes back. > > Please help > > I have full admin rights on the netwo...

MRMS 2.0
Hi Mates, I am using MRMS 2.0 and my log files size is multiplying very fast. Tried doing the database shrinking and making the recovery mode to simple. Still the log files size is mulitplying. Is there any fix for this from microsoft. Thanks in Advance RK 1) With both the original .MDF and .LDF files located where they supposed to be, run RMS Admin and select the database you want to shrink. 2) Issue this query to find the log device name: SELECT FILE_NAME(2). This will return the name of your log device (in our case, we called the database SS1 and the log device name is Store1...

Re: Problems sending e-mail from CRM 4.0
sorry, replied to the wrong post. Dave "Dave Ireland" <direland@salentica.com> wrote in message news:... > There's one for 500 concurrent here: > > http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=3bf7ecda-7eaf-4f1c-bbfe-cae19bc8bb78&displaylang=en > > Dave Ireland > > "Esteban GN" <egnra@hotmail.com> wrote in message > news:%23DGaT4PPJHA.1164@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... >> Hi, group, I have problems to send e-mail from CRM 4.0 >> I have the e-mail router and the test is OK. >> I see the folowing error in ...

Fabrication and GP

Payroll GP 10.0

Vlookup returns "0"

Upgrading from GP 9 to GP 10

GP 9 Upgrade and SQL Server 2000 sp4

How do I catch orchestration exception using eConnect 8.0
Hello, the exception I am getting in Biztalk Health & Activity Tracking: Quote: Microsoft.GreatPlain.eConnect.eConnectException: Sql procedure error codes returned: Error Number = 7149 Stored Procedure taRMTransaction Error Description = The Salesperson entered(SLPRSNID) does not exist in the Salesperson Master Table. UnQuote How do I catch "Microsoft.GreatPlain.eConnect.eConnectException" in my orchestration? Thanks in advance for your help. -- mj ------=_NextPart_0001_013BBFE8 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi RNJ, We do not suggest, nor supp...

MS CRM integration to GP
Hello Can any one update me wheather the mutiple company databases can be integrated to MSCRM. The senario is this. a company has mutiple entities using GP 7.5 and unique sql databases,require to integrate mscrm with gp. The integration that is supplied by MS only allows you to integrate with 1 company DB. You could probably use some of the components that are provided, but you will need to develop some of the integration logic yourself to address this. Matt On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 05:34:31 -0800, "ramki@loayoman.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello &g...

error in GP
When I try to generate a Historical Aged Trial Balance my computer freezes then gives me this error message. "The stored procedure pmHistoricalAgedTrialBalance returned the following results DBMS:208, GP:0 This is path I use to get to the report: Reports/Purchasing/Trial Balance/Historical Aged Trial Balance. We have been having problems with other reports because of the change from 2005 to 2006. I appreciate the assistance. ------=_NextPart_0001_AF5FCF35 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Jason, This is Lisa. Thank you for your inquiry on the Historica...

Outlook 2003 Smart Tag Integration with MSN Messenger 7.0 vs Windows Messenger
Is there a way to use MSN Messenger 7.0 with the Outlook 2003 Smart Tag integration instead of useing Windows Messenger? Seems really silly that Outlook 2003 would use Windows Messenger a older product with less features then use MSN Messenger which is a newer product with more features. I've search all over the net for this answer and all I find is others asking the same questions but never and answer. -- Regards, Chris ...

GP General Ledger Distribution Reference Field Length
Is there a way of expanding the field length of the Distribution Reference field beyond 30 characters? No, I'm afraid it is not possible. "Pam" <Pam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6D76FF64-76BE-4FCE-812F-2AC8519BAB4D@microsoft.com... : Is there a way of expanding the field length of the Distribution Reference : field beyond 30 characters? Just curious, why do you need a longer field length - for drill down purposes or for report printing purposes? "Pam" wrote: > Is there a way of expanding the field length of the Distribution Refer...

Autonumber Workaround with SQL Server 2005 BE
I built a multi-user contacts application as a split Access database initially and then moved the back end to SQL Server 2005 using an ODBC connection. I implemented an AutoNumber workaround to avoid primary key collisions when users attempt to add records at the same time (probably borrowed from Allen Browne or Albert Kallal?) by setting the default value of the ContactID field = DMax("ContactID", "tblContacts") + 1 and trapping any duplicate key errors as follows: Private Sub Form_Error(DataErr As Integer, Response As Integer) On Error GoTo Err_Form_Error Resp...

Business Portal (BP) and Great Plains (GP)
We do not have all the fields in the Ledger Transaction Summary History Table (BP) available as we do in the Account Transaction table in GP i.e. can't find TRX Date in BP but have it GP. Is there any control when installing the BP software with respect to what fields for a table will be displayed and can be used in constructing queries in BP? How do we get access to additional fields in BP? Kimmer, Thanks for using the newsgroups. The Ledger Transaction Summary History entity maps to the Account Summary History table. The Account Transaction History table is not exposed th...

msdn universal subscription + great plains 8.0
As a universal subscriber, I'd like to evaluate GP8.0. I've burned the cd and I'm about to install. As a part of the installation, I create a test company 'Two, Inc'. May I also create additional companies or am I precluded to experimentation with Two only? Pl. advise. Tx. I believe that you can also create your own company, since the MSDN subscription is supposed to allow you to use the product "for real." >-----Original Message----- >As a universal subscriber, I'd like to evaluate GP8.0. I've burned the >cd and I'm about to install. A...

Wrong SQL?
I am trying to install CRM 3.0 in a SBS 2003 R2 box but in the "System Requirements" window I get the following error message" "The edition "Workgroup Edition" of the specified SQL Server is not supported by this SQL Server reporting Services Installation. Supported editions are Enterprise Edition and Standard Edition" "Workgroup Edition" is the one included with R2 and I don't have "Standard" one. Is there a work-around? TIA Stefano ...

Feedback on GP Time and Attendance
I am looking for some feedback on GP 9 / BP 3 version of Time and Attendance. We are using non Payroll, Canadian version, of GP Time and Attendance and we are experiencing many limitations. What is your experience with this product? Any other similar product you'd recommend? Thanks in advance, Bruno ...