GP 8 or 9 doesn't allow the GL entry post to the historical year (year 2004) prior to the most recent historical year (for example year 2005).

Hi,

I am trying to verify whether GP 8 or 9 doesn't allow the GL entry post to
the historical year (for example year 2004) prior to the most recent
historical year (for example year 2005).

If the above is true, are there any alternatives for posting an adjustment
general journal entry as mentioned above?  I greatly appreciate your input.

0
lirenchan (4)

Check the GL Setup to see that it allows "posting to history":

Tools  >>  Setup  >>  Financial  >>  General Ledger

It should work for 8.0 & 9.0

"Renchan Li" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to verify whether GP 8 or 9 doesn't allow the GL entry post to
> the historical year (for example year 2004) prior to the most recent
> historical year (for example year 2005).
>
> If the above is true, are there any alternatives for posting an adjustment
> general journal entry as mentioned above?  I greatly appreciate your input.

0
SteveChapman (349)
8/1/2006 8:58:01 PM
You can only post to the most recent historical year.  That hasn't changed.

"Renchan Li" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to verify whether GP 8 or 9 doesn't allow the GL entry post to
> the historical year (for example year 2004) prior to the most recent
> historical year (for example year 2005).
>
> If the above is true, are there any alternatives for posting an adjustment
> general journal entry as mentioned above?  I greatly appreciate your input.

0
SteveChapman (349)
8/1/2006 9:00:01 PM
Thanks for the confirmation.

"Steve Chapman" <SteveChapman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> You can only post to the most recent historical year.  That hasn't
> changed.
>
> "Renchan Li" wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am trying to verify whether GP 8 or 9 doesn't allow the GL entry post
>> the historical year (for example year 2004) prior to the most recent
>> historical year (for example year 2005).
>>
>> If the above is true, are there any alternatives for posting an
>> adjustment
>> general journal entry as mentioned above?  I greatly appreciate your
>> input.

0
lirenchan (4)
8/1/2006 9:27:33 PM
------=_NextPart_0001_2723810A

Hello,

Thank you for using Newsgroups!

As Steve stated, posting can only be done to the most recent historical
year.

Microsoft Great Plains Dynamics/eEnterprise will not allow users to post to
a year prior to the last historical year. For example, the user has the
year 2001 as their open year. The year 2000 and 1999 are closed/historical.
The user will only be able to post to the historical year 2000. If they try
to post to 1999 they will receive an error message.

I hope this helps!

Thanks,
Dana Dunlop
Microsoft Online Support Engineer

PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided to assist with
break/fix
issues and simple how to questions.

We also love to hear your product feedback!
     Let us know what you think by posting
     from the web interface: Partner Feedback
     from your newsreader:  microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback.
We look forward to hearing from you!
that others
may learn and benefit from this issue.
--------------------
From: "Renchan Li" <lirenchan@gmail.com>
Subject: GP 8 or 9 doesn't allow the GL entry post to the historical year
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2006 12:42:45 -0700
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.greatplains

Hi,

I am trying to verify whether GP 8 or 9 doesn't allow the GL entry post to
the historical year (for example year 2004) prior to the most recent
historical year (for example year 2005).

If the above is true, are there any alternatives for posting an adjustment
general journal entry as mentioned above?  I greatly appreciate your input.

------=_NextPart_0001_2723810A

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Hello,
\par
\par Thank you for using Newsgroups!
\par
\par As Steve stated, posting can only be done to the most recent historical year.
\par
\par Microsoft Great Plains Dynamics/eEnterprise will not allow users to post to a year prior to the last historical year. For example, the user has the year 2001 as their open year. The year 2000 and 1999 are closed/historical. The user will only be able to post to the historical year 2000. If they try to post to 1999 they will receive an error message.
\par
\par I hope this helps!
\par
\par Thanks,
\par Dana Dunlop
\par Microsoft Online Support Engineer
\par
\par PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided to assist with break/fix
\par issues and simple how to questions.
\par
\par We also love to hear your product feedback!
\par      Let us know what you think by posting
\par      from the web interface: Partner Feedback
\par      from your newsreader:  microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback.
\par We look forward to hearing from you!
\par When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so that others
\par may learn and benefit from this issue.
\par \pard\li720 --------------------
\par From: "Renchan Li" <lirenchan@gmail.com>
\par Subject: GP 8 or 9 doesn't allow the GL entry post to the historical year (year 2004) prior to the most recent historical year (for example year 2005).
\par Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2006 12:42:45 -0700
\par Lines: 10
\par X-Priority: 3
\par X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
\par X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.2869
\par X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Original
\par X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.2869
\par Message-ID: <uD0cqKatGHA.2260@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl>
\par Newsgroups: microsoft.public.greatplains
\par NNTP-Posting-Host: 166-90-15-174.sd.nextlevelinternet.com 166.90.15.174
\par Path: TK2MSFTNGXA01.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTNGP01.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl
\par Xref: TK2MSFTNGXA01.phx.gbl microsoft.public.greatplains:32897
\par X-Tomcat-NG: microsoft.public.greatplains
\par
\par Hi,
\par
\par I am trying to verify whether GP 8 or 9 doesn't allow the GL entry post to
\par the historical year (for example year 2004) prior to the most recent
\par historical year (for example year 2005).
\par
\par If the above is true, are there any alternatives for posting an adjustment
\par general journal entry as mentioned above?  I greatly appreciate your input.
\par
\par
\par \pard
\par
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_2723810A--

0
ddunlop (7)
8/1/2006 9:35:41 PM
The only way to do this (in GP 8.0 or 9.0) is to have MBS Professional
Services reopen your last year for you.  (This is charged as consulting.)
They don't give out the tools to do this, they have to log in remotely and
do this themselves.  So in your example, they would open 2005 back up, which
would make 2004 the last closed year and you could post adjustments to it.
Then, when you're done with the 2004 adjustments you would need to re-close
2005.

We had this done for one of our customers - worked perfectly.

--
Victoria Yudin
Dynamics GP MVP

"Renchan Li" <lirenchan@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Thanks for the confirmation.
>
> "Steve Chapman" <SteveChapman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> You can only post to the most recent historical year.  That hasn't
>> changed.
>>
>> "Renchan Li" wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I am trying to verify whether GP 8 or 9 doesn't allow the GL entry post
>>> the historical year (for example year 2004) prior to the most recent
>>> historical year (for example year 2005).
>>>
>>> If the above is true, are there any alternatives for posting an
>>> adjustment
>>> general journal entry as mentioned above?  I greatly appreciate your
>>> input.

0
victoria (3340)
8/1/2006 9:58:12 PM
Many thanks, Victoria.  This information is a great share.

"Victoria [MVP]" <victoria@flex-solutions.com> wrote in message
> The only way to do this (in GP 8.0 or 9.0) is to have MBS Professional
> Services reopen your last year for you.  (This is charged as consulting.)
> They don't give out the tools to do this, they have to log in remotely and
> do this themselves.  So in your example, they would open 2005 back up,
> which
> would make 2004 the last closed year and you could post adjustments to it.
> Then, when you're done with the 2004 adjustments you would need to
> re-close
> 2005.
>
> We had this done for one of our customers - worked perfectly.
>
> --
> Victoria Yudin
> Dynamics GP MVP
>

> "Renchan Li" <lirenchan@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Thanks for the confirmation.
>>
>> "Steve Chapman" <SteveChapman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> You can only post to the most recent historical year.  That hasn't
>>> changed.

0
lirenchan (4)
8/1/2006 11:31:04 PM
------=_NextPart_0001_35BBAB99

Hello -

Checking in to see if there is anything else we can do for you on this
topic.
Please post again at your convenience and we will be here for you.

Have a great week!

Jan Smith

Microsoft Online Support Engineer

PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided

to assist with break/fix issues and simple how to questions.

We also love to hear your product feedback!

Let us know what you think by posting

    from the web interface: Partner Feedback

    from your newsreader:  microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback.

We look forward to hearing from you!

------=_NextPart_0001_35BBAB99

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Hello -
\par
\par Checking in to see if there is anything else we can do for you on this topic.
\par Please post again at your convenience and we will be here for you.
\par
\par Have a great week!
\par
\par
\par
\par Jan Smith
\par
\par Microsoft Online Support Engineer
\par
\par
\par
\par
\par ==============================================
\par
\par PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided
\par
\par to assist with break/fix issues and simple how to questions.
\par
\par
\par
\par We also love to hear your product feedback!
\par
\par Let us know what you think by posting
\par
\par     from the web interface: Partner Feedback
\par
\par     from your newsreader:  microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback.
\par
\par We look forward to hearing from you!
\par
\par
\par When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader
\par
\par so that others may learn and benefit from this issue.
\par
\par
\par
\par
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_35BBAB99--

0
jsmit (219)
8/4/2006 5:36:40 PM
------=_NextPart_0001_4B52F531

 Hi there

Anything else we can do for you here on this query?

Please post back at your convenience and we will be here for you.
Thanks again for using the partner newsgroups!

Have a great week!

Jan Smith

Microsoft Online Support Engineer

PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided

to assist with break/fix issues and simple how to questions.

We also love to hear your product feedback!

Let us know what you think by posting

    from the web interface: Partner Feedback

    from your newsreader:  microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback.

We look forward to hearing from you!

------=_NextPart_0001_4B52F531

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20
\par  Hi there
\par
\par Anything else we can do for you here on this query?
\par
\par Please post back at your convenience and we will be here for you.
\par Thanks again for using the partner newsgroups!
\par
\par Have a great week!
\par
\par
\par Jan Smith
\par
[...]
------=_NextPart_0001_4B52F531--

0
jsmit (219)
8/8/2006 10:13:51 PM
Hi All,

Victoria mentioned the MBS Professional Services.  I have this same problem
with my client right now, wanted to post to 2004.  I am checking right now
the Professional Services Tools Library (Installed from the GP CD).  One of
the tools here is the Fiscal Period Modifier costing 600 Euro.  You can open
a year that was previously closed using this tool, at least the way I
understand it from reading the accompanying help file.  Can anyone confirm if
this is the right tool, or the same MBS Prof Services Victoria is saying,
only now the user can do it himself.

Kind regards.
Josh

"Victoria [MVP]" wrote:

> The only way to do this (in GP 8.0 or 9.0) is to have MBS Professional
> Services reopen your last year for you.  (This is charged as consulting.)
> They don't give out the tools to do this, they have to log in remotely and
> do this themselves.  So in your example, they would open 2005 back up, which
> would make 2004 the last closed year and you could post adjustments to it.
> Then, when you're done with the 2004 adjustments you would need to re-close
> 2005.
>
> We had this done for one of our customers - worked perfectly.
>
> --
> Victoria Yudin
> Dynamics GP MVP
>

> "Renchan Li" <lirenchan@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks for the confirmation.
> >
> > "Steve Chapman" <SteveChapman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> You can only post to the most recent historical year.  That hasn't
> >> changed.

Hi Josh,

My understanding is that the fiscal period modifier tool will RENAME the
existing fiscal years for you, but it will not re-open any closed years.
The only way to re-open years is to have MBS Professional Services do it for
you - they do not sell the tool, you have to do have them do it.

--
Victoria Yudin
Dynamics GP MVP

"josh_cruiser1" <joshcruiser1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi All,
>
> Victoria mentioned the MBS Professional Services.  I have this same
> problem
> with my client right now, wanted to post to 2004.  I am checking right now
> the Professional Services Tools Library (Installed from the GP CD).  One
> of
> the tools here is the Fiscal Period Modifier costing 600 Euro.  You can
> open
> a year that was previously closed using this tool, at least the way I
> understand it from reading the accompanying help file.  Can anyone confirm
> if
> this is the right tool, or the same MBS Prof Services Victoria is saying,
> only now the user can do it himself.
>
> Kind regards.
> Josh
>

> "Victoria [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> The only way to do this (in GP 8.0 or 9.0) is to have MBS Professional
>> Services reopen your last year for you.  (This is charged as consulting.)
>> They don't give out the tools to do this, they have to log in remotely
>> and
>> do this themselves.  So in your example, they would open 2005 back up,
>> which
>> would make 2004 the last closed year and you could post adjustments to
>> it.
>> Then, when you're done with the 2004 adjustments you would need to
>> re-close
>> 2005.
>>
>> We had this done for one of our customers - worked perfectly.
>>
>> --
>> Victoria Yudin
>> Dynamics GP MVP
>>

>> "Renchan Li" <lirenchan@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> > Thanks for the confirmation.
>> >
>> > "Steve Chapman" <SteveChapman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> > message

0
victoria (3340)
8/23/2006 12:56:29 PM
Hi Victoria,

Thanks for your input.  You are right, I can't seem to re-open a
closed/historical year with this fiscal period modifier tool.
A colleague has tried and suggested to insert a record in GL30000 and then
reconcile the historical year.  May I have your thoughts on this, as Im
really not sure how would this impact the entire system?  And any idea how
much would it cost my client, say for an hour?

Kind regards.
Josh

"Victoria [MVP]" wrote:

> Hi Josh,
>
> My understanding is that the fiscal period modifier tool will RENAME the
> existing fiscal years for you, but it will not re-open any closed years.
> The only way to re-open years is to have MBS Professional Services do it for
> you - they do not sell the tool, you have to do have them do it.
>
> --
> Victoria Yudin
> Dynamics GP MVP
>

> "josh_cruiser1" <joshcruiser1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi All,
> >
> > Victoria mentioned the MBS Professional Services.  I have this same
> > problem
> > with my client right now, wanted to post to 2004.  I am checking right now
> > the Professional Services Tools Library (Installed from the GP CD).  One
> > of
> > the tools here is the Fiscal Period Modifier costing 600 Euro.  You can
> > open
> > a year that was previously closed using this tool, at least the way I
> > understand it from reading the accompanying help file.  Can anyone confirm
> > if
> > this is the right tool, or the same MBS Prof Services Victoria is saying,
> > only now the user can do it himself.
> >
> > Kind regards.
> > Josh
> >

> > "Victoria [MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> The only way to do this (in GP 8.0 or 9.0) is to have MBS Professional
> >> Services reopen your last year for you.  (This is charged as consulting.)
> >> They don't give out the tools to do this, they have to log in remotely
> >> and
> >> do this themselves.  So in your example, they would open 2005 back up,
> >> which
> >> would make 2004 the last closed year and you could post adjustments to
> >> it.
> >> Then, when you're done with the 2004 adjustments you would need to
> >> re-close
> >> 2005.
> >>
> >> We had this done for one of our customers - worked perfectly.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Victoria Yudin
> >> Dynamics GP MVP
> >>

> >> "Renchan Li" <lirenchan@gmail.com> wrote in message

Josh,

There is no way that I can think of that inserting something in the GL30000
table (which is the historical GL transaction table) would accomplish
anything that would help here.

I am not sure of the exact amount this cost when we did it for my customer,
but from what I recall it was somewhere around $600 (US).  I believe they
have a flat fee which covers up to 3 hours of work, then there is an hourly
charge after that.  It took no more than an hour to do this for my customer,
but their database was not very big (maybe 400MB).  You should be able to
contact professional services directly for a quote on this - they will be
able to give you a better estimate of cost depending on the client's db
size.

--

> Hi Victoria,
>
> Thanks for your input.  You are right, I can't seem to re-open a
> closed/historical year with this fiscal period modifier tool.
> A colleague has tried and suggested to insert a record in GL30000 and then
> reconcile the historical year.  May I have your thoughts on this, as Im
> really not sure how would this impact the entire system?  And any idea how
> much would it cost my client, say for an hour?
>
> Kind regards.
> Josh
>
> "Victoria [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Hi Josh,
>>
>> My understanding is that the fiscal period modifier tool will RENAME the
>> existing fiscal years for you, but it will not re-open any closed years.
>> The only way to re-open years is to have MBS Professional Services do it
>> for
>> you - they do not sell the tool, you have to do have them do it.
>>
>> --
>> Victoria Yudin
>> Dynamics GP MVP
>>

>> "josh_cruiser1" <joshcruiser1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi All,
>> >
>> > Victoria mentioned the MBS Professional Services.  I have this same
>> > problem
>> > with my client right now, wanted to post to 2004.  I am checking right
>> > now
>> > the Professional Services Tools Library (Installed from the GP CD).
>> > One
>> > of
>> > the tools here is the Fiscal Period Modifier costing 600 Euro.  You can
>> > open
>> > a year that was previously closed using this tool, at least the way I
>> > understand it from reading the accompanying help file.  Can anyone
>> > confirm
>> > if
>> > this is the right tool, or the same MBS Prof Services Victoria is
>> > saying,
>> > only now the user can do it himself.
>> >
>> > Kind regards.
>> > Josh

0
victoria (3340)
8/23/2006 4:18:52 PM
Thanks a million, V.  Will contact them, as there seems to be no alternative
present for this scenario.

Cheers.
Eugenes

"Victoria [MVP]" wrote:

> Josh,
>
> There is no way that I can think of that inserting something in the GL30000
> table (which is the historical GL transaction table) would accomplish
> anything that would help here.
>
> I am not sure of the exact amount this cost when we did it for my customer,
> but from what I recall it was somewhere around $600 (US).  I believe they
> have a flat fee which covers up to 3 hours of work, then there is an hourly
> charge after that.  It took no more than an hour to do this for my customer,
> but their database was not very big (maybe 400MB).  You should be able to
> contact professional services directly for a quote on this - they will be
> able to give you a better estimate of cost depending on the client's db
> size.
>
> --
> Victoria Yudin
> Dynamics GP MVP
>

> "josh_cruiser1" <joshcruiser1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi Victoria,
> >
> > Thanks for your input.  You are right, I can't seem to re-open a
> > closed/historical year with this fiscal period modifier tool.
> > A colleague has tried and suggested to insert a record in GL30000 and then
> > reconcile the historical year.  May I have your thoughts on this, as Im
> > really not sure how would this impact the entire system?  And any idea how
> > much would it cost my client, say for an hour?
> >
> > Kind regards.
> > Josh
> >
> > "Victoria [MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi Josh,
> >>
> >> My understanding is that the fiscal period modifier tool will RENAME the
> >> existing fiscal years for you, but it will not re-open any closed years.
> >> The only way to re-open years is to have MBS Professional Services do it
> >> for
> >> you - they do not sell the tool, you have to do have them do it.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Victoria Yudin
> >> Dynamics GP MVP
> >>

> >> "josh_cruiser1" <joshcruiser1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

2005 Deluxe
Upgraded from 2003. Seems like I've lost functionality. Can't find how to separate catagory entry between category and subcategory (all one entry now). Also can't find the MoneySide FollowUP Notes that I used to have on the home page. Am I not looking in the right place? Thanks. MoneySide has been gone since M04. You are, IIRC, the second person to post here having noticed. As to dual cat lists: see http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=161. BTW, you are supposed to prefer single list. "Elliot" <Elliot@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E9082426-5...

Going Live with GP

Migrating data from GP to GP

GP concurrent user and SQL 2005 CAL

Fabrication and GP

Outlook 2000
I am managing an Exchange 2003 Server that hosts several companies and email domains. I have one company/domain where only the Outlook 2000 users are missing OAB entries. All Outlook 2003 users are working correctly. From ESM I have updated and rebuilt RUS, and have also rebuilt the Offline Address List for that domain. None of which has made a difference. Can anyone point me in another direction? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks! Kurt Is it possible that you have an OAB version 3a which can be used by Outlook 2003 but not 2000, and not an OAB version 2 which can be used...

Payroll GP 10.0

Upgrading from GP 9 to GP 10

GP 9 Upgrade and SQL Server 2000 sp4

How do I catch orchestration exception using eConnect 8.0
Hello, the exception I am getting in Biztalk Health & Activity Tracking: Quote: Microsoft.GreatPlain.eConnect.eConnectException: Sql procedure error codes returned: Error Number = 7149 Stored Procedure taRMTransaction Error Description = The Salesperson entered(SLPRSNID) does not exist in the Salesperson Master Table. UnQuote How do I catch "Microsoft.GreatPlain.eConnect.eConnectException" in my orchestration? Thanks in advance for your help. -- mj ------=_NextPart_0001_013BBFE8 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi RNJ, We do not suggest, nor supp...

MS CRM integration to GP
Hello Can any one update me wheather the mutiple company databases can be integrated to MSCRM. The senario is this. a company has mutiple entities using GP 7.5 and unique sql databases,require to integrate mscrm with gp. The integration that is supplied by MS only allows you to integrate with 1 company DB. You could probably use some of the components that are provided, but you will need to develop some of the integration logic yourself to address this. Matt On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 05:34:31 -0800, "ramki@loayoman.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello &g...

Money 2004 #3
So when can I expect Money 2004 at my local Bestbuy/Compusa/Walmart store. Real Soon Now. "Frank Spina" <faspina@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:ew$tAo9SDHA.1552@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > So when can I expect Money 2004 at my local Bestbuy/Compusa/Walmart store. >-----Original Message----- >So when can I expect Money 2004 at my local Bestbuy/Compusa/Walmart store. >. >Tonight I saw Money 2004 Deluxe at CostCo - wholesale club similar to Sam's Club Thanks! What was the price?? Costco has great deals on this software - usually. I paid about $...

error in GP
When I try to generate a Historical Aged Trial Balance my computer freezes then gives me this error message. "The stored procedure pmHistoricalAgedTrialBalance returned the following results DBMS:208, GP:0 This is path I use to get to the report: Reports/Purchasing/Trial Balance/Historical Aged Trial Balance. We have been having problems with other reports because of the change from 2005 to 2006. I appreciate the assistance. ------=_NextPart_0001_AF5FCF35 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Jason, This is Lisa. Thank you for your inquiry on the Historica...

[ANN] Updaters for Office 2008 and 2004
Updaters for Office 2008 and Office 2004 were released today. For info and links see the Entourage Help Blog: <http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/> The Office 2008 update is a combo updater. This update includes all the improvements that were released in all previous Office 2008 for Mac updates. Improvements for Entourage 2008 ---Updated time zone information. The Office 2004 updater requires the 11.5.2 Update to be installed. Improvements for Entourage 2004 ---Updated time zone information. ---------How to tell if you are updated--------- The Microsoft Component Plugin will always be u...

email Bounce "From: derived from envelope by postmaster@mail-9.uk.tiscali.com"
This is an odd one, and I just don't know where to look for answers... We have an SBS 2003 server, patched with all the usual POP3 connector patches, and it all seems to be working fine... Every once in a while, a client who sends in to us gets a bounce message... From: derived from envelope by postmaster@mail-9.uk.tiscali.com I've no idea where the message is coming from..., as he will send emails in quite happily for several weeks then he gets one of these..?, and it fails... He just resends it and it works fine... He is the only customer we have this problems...

Business Portal (BP) and Great Plains (GP)
We do not have all the fields in the Ledger Transaction Summary History Table (BP) available as we do in the Account Transaction table in GP i.e. can't find TRX Date in BP but have it GP. Is there any control when installing the BP software with respect to what fields for a table will be displayed and can be used in constructing queries in BP? How do we get access to additional fields in BP? Kimmer, Thanks for using the newsgroups. The Ledger Transaction Summary History entity maps to the Account Summary History table. The Account Transaction History table is not exposed th...

Autonumber Workaround with SQL Server 2005 BE
I built a multi-user contacts application as a split Access database initially and then moved the back end to SQL Server 2005 using an ODBC connection. I implemented an AutoNumber workaround to avoid primary key collisions when users attempt to add records at the same time (probably borrowed from Allen Browne or Albert Kallal?) by setting the default value of the ContactID field = DMax("ContactID", "tblContacts") + 1 and trapping any duplicate key errors as follows: Private Sub Form_Error(DataErr As Integer, Response As Integer) On Error GoTo Err_Form_Error Resp...

GP General Ledger Distribution Reference Field Length
Is there a way of expanding the field length of the Distribution Reference field beyond 30 characters? No, I'm afraid it is not possible. "Pam" <Pam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6D76FF64-76BE-4FCE-812F-2AC8519BAB4D@microsoft.com... : Is there a way of expanding the field length of the Distribution Reference : field beyond 30 characters? Just curious, why do you need a longer field length - for drill down purposes or for report printing purposes? "Pam" wrote: > Is there a way of expanding the field length of the Distribution Refer...

msdn universal subscription + great plains 8.0
As a universal subscriber, I'd like to evaluate GP8.0. I've burned the cd and I'm about to install. As a part of the installation, I create a test company 'Two, Inc'. May I also create additional companies or am I precluded to experimentation with Two only? Pl. advise. Tx. I believe that you can also create your own company, since the MSDN subscription is supposed to allow you to use the product "for real." >-----Original Message----- >As a universal subscriber, I'd like to evaluate GP8.0. I've burned the >cd and I'm about to install. A...

Feedback on GP Time and Attendance
I am looking for some feedback on GP 9 / BP 3 version of Time and Attendance. We are using non Payroll, Canadian version, of GP Time and Attendance and we are experiencing many limitations. What is your experience with this product? Any other similar product you'd recommend? Thanks in advance, Bruno ...

Macro Entry
I am working on a spreadsheet and I know how to turn on and off the macro. However, I want to enter information (once the macro is turned on) and have the macro then move me to the next cell once information is entered. I have used keystokes, but the keystrokes are recorded. Thanks. Hi, one way to do it is to have two macros, one to do the things before you enter information, and the other to do the key strokes and cell moving. If you can be more specific, maybe I am able to help you. -- Rgds, Cosmic "Nicole" wrote: > I am working on a spreadsheet and I know ...

I want to know GP Tables Definitions
I need to know the tables for the window general transaction entry in GL Carmencite: Go Tools>Resource Descriptions>Windows. Select Product/Series/View By. You'll be able to see all the tables associated with a specific window. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com blog: www.gp2themax.blogspot.com Carmencita, In addition you may want to check David Musgrave's article on resources at http://blogs.msdn.com/developingfordynamicsgp/archive/2008/10/05/finding-table-and-field-information-in-microsoft-dynamics-gp.aspx Best regards, -- M...

Deactivate MS GP
Hello everyone We are in the process of migrating our data from MS Great Plains to Dynamics AX. Once is all converted we still need to keep GP at least read only for about 7 years I was wondering if anyone has any idea what steps should I take to decommission GP. -- villica I would setup one user class called 'Inquiry Only', set security settings for this class so that only Inquiry and Reports can be accessed, then assign all users to the Inquiry class. Hope this helps, Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com ge...