GP 8 - "Item exists on a document and cannot be deleted" #2

We have several old items that currently need to be deleted. We created a
script to delete all but about 200 of the 1600 inventory items that need to
be deleted. Most of them deleted fine (some required adjustment of
quantities), but I'm stuck with the last 200 items.

When I try to delete the problem items, I get the following error message:

"The item exists on a document and cannot be deleted."

The items haven't been used for quite a long time (several years). I've
deleted all of the old orders and quotes from 12-31-04 and before, but this
hasn't fixed the problem. I've also tried running Trace on SQL to try and
figure out where the "documents" are located, but haven't had much luck.

Is there a way to figure this out? Getting rid of these old items was the
last step before starting our upgrade to 9.0.
0
i64X (3)

Going Live with GP

Drop Down Menus #2
I recently saw a worksheet that used a "drop down menu" in one cell. This drop down menu is a list of months of the year to choose from. I noticed that the only way to see that the cell had a drop down was when I highlighted the cell. How does one create such a drop down menu by using this one cell? I am using MS Excel 200 and Windows 98SE. Signed: lsmft -- lsmft ------------------------------------------------------------------------ lsmft's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30678 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.p...

Migrating data from GP to GP

CRM_FilterText #2
Hi I am in the process of creating a custom report for CRM using Visual Studio. I am not entirely familiar with the process and I have posted quite a few questions in the last few weeks with regards to custom report creation. I do not find the Reports Writers Guide to be very useful and I am really looking for practical examples. My report has been created and I am now trying to use CRM_FIlterText correctly. I have created a hidden parameter and inserted the expression =Parameters!CRM_FilterText.Value. The problem I am now having is my report displays Case: Customer: Equals ABC Shoes ...

GP concurrent user and SQL 2005 CAL

OAB issue #2
Hello, Can you help me in fixing the 2 errors related to Offline address book. OALGen will skip user entry 'user1,test' in address list '\Global Address List' because the legacyExchangeDN 'ADCSuppressReplication' is invalid. - ABC Offline Address List Entry 'user2,test' has invalid or expired e-mail certificates. These certificates will not be included in the offline address list for '\Global Address List'. - ABC Offline Address List -- Vinod Kumar Expired certs are fine and you dont need to worry about them. For the users that are being...

Mail stuck in Queue #2
I have been having issue with my Exchange serve for the last few days. So installed SP2 and Hotifx that corrects the " E-mail client computers stop responding, and the Store.exe process uses up to 100 percent of the CPU resources on a server that is running Exchange Server 2003". But, there is still mail stuck in the queue. And it only gets flushed out when I reboot. I can't understand what is going on. Hi MDavis, It is most likely not a bug that you are hitting but a configuration problem. Let us know what Queue the mail is getting stuck in when this issue occurs. Tha...

Write XML #2
Hi. I'm new to XML and have a big problem. I should write a program that can show any XML-File in a TreeView. Thats no problem. Furthermore I should be able to change any entry in the Treeview and write the changes back into the XML-File. And thats the problem. It would be easy if I would know the structure of the XML-File but as i said the program should be able to edit any XML-File. I found out that the XmlTextReader has ..Depth, .LinePosition and .LineNumber. I tried to add these values to the entries in the TreeView because I thougt I could use the XmlTextWriter to write the c...

Fabrication and GP

Upgrading from GP 9 to GP 10

GP 9 Upgrade and SQL Server 2000 sp4

Payroll GP 10.0

subtotal function #2
I have a list of item numbers, descriptions, quantity sold and few other fields. Data looks like this Item Description unit Cost Quantity 123 Rubberband LB 1.00 2 123 Rubberband LB 1.00 4 123 Rubberband LB 1.00 2 124 Note pad Ea 1.50 1 124 Note pad EA 1.50 3 When I sort by Item number and subtotal I get 123 Rubber band LB 1.00 2 123 Rubberband LB 1.00 4 123 Rubberband LB 1.00 2 123 Total 8 124 Note pad Ea 1.50 1 124 Note pad EA 1.50 3 124 Total 4 When I collapse it to subtotals only I get 123 Total 8 124 Total 4 Is there any way to include the description on the subto...

Can't install Server 2008 Service pack 2 (x64)
i keep getting error code 800F0826 with no other info. trying to install on my sbs 2008 premium box. any suggestions?? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0048_01CA8ED5.5AF75FA0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Are you using the Microsoft tool to make this installation possible? http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=3Den&FamilyID= =3Dffd2fe61-9278-489e-9b96-3816394c9cb6 "BadBoy House" <mrchrishouse@googlemail.com> wrote in mess...

Text size #2
Hello friends, is there a way to change the default text size and the font for the incoming emails in OutlookXP, the email format is set to HTML with Word as the email editor. Appreciate your help. Thanks. ...

How do I catch orchestration exception using eConnect 8.0
Hello, the exception I am getting in Biztalk Health & Activity Tracking: Quote: Microsoft.GreatPlain.eConnect.eConnectException: Sql procedure error codes returned: Error Number = 7149 Stored Procedure taRMTransaction Error Description = The Salesperson entered(SLPRSNID) does not exist in the Salesperson Master Table. UnQuote How do I catch "Microsoft.GreatPlain.eConnect.eConnectException" in my orchestration? Thanks in advance for your help. -- mj ------=_NextPart_0001_013BBFE8 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi RNJ, We do not suggest, nor supp...

MS CRM integration to GP
Hello Can any one update me wheather the mutiple company databases can be integrated to MSCRM. The senario is this. a company has mutiple entities using GP 7.5 and unique sql databases,require to integrate mscrm with gp. The integration that is supplied by MS only allows you to integrate with 1 company DB. You could probably use some of the components that are provided, but you will need to develop some of the integration logic yourself to address this. Matt On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 05:34:31 -0800, "ramki@loayoman.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello &g...

error in GP
When I try to generate a Historical Aged Trial Balance my computer freezes then gives me this error message. "The stored procedure pmHistoricalAgedTrialBalance returned the following results DBMS:208, GP:0 This is path I use to get to the report: Reports/Purchasing/Trial Balance/Historical Aged Trial Balance. We have been having problems with other reports because of the change from 2005 to 2006. I appreciate the assistance. ------=_NextPart_0001_AF5FCF35 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Jason, This is Lisa. Thank you for your inquiry on the Historica...

GP General Ledger Distribution Reference Field Length
Is there a way of expanding the field length of the Distribution Reference field beyond 30 characters? No, I'm afraid it is not possible. "Pam" <Pam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6D76FF64-76BE-4FCE-812F-2AC8519BAB4D@microsoft.com... : Is there a way of expanding the field length of the Distribution Reference : field beyond 30 characters? Just curious, why do you need a longer field length - for drill down purposes or for report printing purposes? "Pam" wrote: > Is there a way of expanding the field length of the Distribution Refer...

I need to add text from 2 columns in 1
Hi, This is my first message here. Could you guys help me? I need to add text from 2 different columns together. For instance: one colums has value=part1 other colum has value=part2 Is there a way I can add or merge both values and make it look no like=part1part2 ?????? When I try merging the cells I know it doesn't work. Is there anothe way? Thanks a lot for helping -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com skuba, If "part1" is in Cell A1 and "part2" is inCell B1 the formula in Cel C1 shoudl be "=A1&B1" Regards Seamu -- Message posted fr...

Business Portal (BP) and Great Plains (GP)
We do not have all the fields in the Ledger Transaction Summary History Table (BP) available as we do in the Account Transaction table in GP i.e. can't find TRX Date in BP but have it GP. Is there any control when installing the BP software with respect to what fields for a table will be displayed and can be used in constructing queries in BP? How do we get access to additional fields in BP? Kimmer, Thanks for using the newsgroups. The Ledger Transaction Summary History entity maps to the Account Summary History table. The Account Transaction History table is not exposed th...

Outlook 2000 question #2
My wife works for a company in Minnesota (Electromed) but works from our house in Florida. We have a Bellsouth DSL connection with Windows and Office 2000. Her Electromed.com email is forwarded to her Bellsouth.net account but when she sends or replies, it is sent from her Bellsouth.net account. Is there any way that she can "send as" from her Electromed.com account from home for business and Bellsouth.net from home for personal stuff? We do not use Exchange or anything, just Outlook. Thanks, Buckyno2 Is this "the Company" that doesn't use Exchange or you at home, to...

Problem connecting to Outlook 2007 Number 2
I couldn't reply for some reason, as stated yesterday, my boss can't access his outlook 2007 when he comes in to the office with his laptop. He can only connect if he has his wireless or the vpn on. He gets this error message ox80042108 when he tries to open outlook without wireless or vpn. He is set up for POP 3, incoming pop.biz.rr.com, out SMTP.biz.rr.com. I tried setting him another profile, as soon as he turned off the wireless, and/or vpn, he couldn't connect even though the laptop said it had a lan connection. Any help much appreciated. Tried enabling aut...

Word #2
When i type a document, it only prints every other line. I have succesfull y printed in the fast. Do you mean every other line appears on the screen? Do you mean the printer prints every other line? Do you mean it creates a double spaced document? Let's have another go at it chap. -- Don Vancouver, USA "flonge" <flonge@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E987A317-0D2A-454A-9576-50E0C2E8AAA6@microsoft.com... > When i type a document, it only prints every other line. I have succesfull y > printed in the fast. flonge wrote: > When i type a docu...