GP 7.5 Key Recovery

Does anyone know a way of extracting a product key from an existing GP installation? We are upgrading hardware to a new server and have lost our hard copy of this key.

0
bvalenti (1)

WinXP Pro to Student version Win 7 Ultimate
My son's computer currently runs Windows XP Pro SP3 and he's looking to go to the student version of Windows 7 Ultimate. We've run the advisor and the machine is more than capable of handling the change but we're a bit baffled by some conflicting information on the http://www.software4students.co.uk/ website. The Microsoft Upgrade Path Chart shows that a move from Windows XP to Windows 7 Ultimate can be done, NOT as an in-place upgrade, but ONLY as a "custom install". A custom install is also known as a clean install and can be used to completely repl...

Exchange recovery
Hi, We recently lost our exchange server functionality thanks to AD falling over. So we've just upgraded from Exchange 2000 to 2003. As the system uses mirrored disks, we still have a copy (somewhere) of the old exchange store, which includes people's emails, contacts, calendars, etc. What I would like to do is to be able to recover all this information for users, but without over writing email that has been received since the system was reinstalled. I assume that exmerge is the tool I am looking for, but given the recent problems we've had, I want to ensure that this *is*...

Going Live with GP

outlook pst #5
Does anyone know if there is a limit as to how many pst files you can have in outloook 2003? I take it you mean how many open? Are you perchance wishing to create a seperate pst for each Contact? "rob" <taylorrob@battelle.org> wrote in message news:207801c4ac7e$331dbc20$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone know if there is a limit as to how many pst > files you can have in outloook 2003? ...

Migrating data from GP to GP

[ANN] Entourage Help Blog: Quick Time 7.5 update causes moment of panic
After applying the Quick Time 7.5 update to Entourage 2008, contacts seemed to disappear. Continue reading for details: The Entourage Help Blog <http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/> -- Diane Ross, Microsoft Mac MVP Entourage Help Page <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/> Entourage Help Blog <http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/> ...

GP concurrent user and SQL 2005 CAL

EXC5.5: IMC crashing on mail with unknown addresses
Hi, We have a severe problem on two sites in our exchange organization. (Exchange 5.5 SP4 + postSP4 Hotfixes, Trend Micro SMEX 3.82_1160) When sending emails to addresses, which were moved in the organisation, the IMC seems to crash (bridge head server in a site of 5 exc servers, holding @3000 mailboxes, bridgehead itself has @5- max.50 mailboxes). On the address field properties of the sent email you only see the X.400 address of the old location of the user, no display name, etc. is set (old entry may be grabbed from a user out of the GAL due to replication delays). Checking IMC queue...

How do I create an A3 size document using Windows 7
A3 is not listed in the pre-set schedule of document sizes in Windows 7 (unlike previous versions of Windows). How do I create such a document using Windows 7? Does your printer support A3? Word/Windows will display the paper sizes supported by the default (or currently active) printer. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "A3 documents in Windows 7" <A3 documents in Windows 7@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F2647F06-5560-41A6-9C2F-462E6198C989@microsoft.com... > A3 is ...

Excel If Statements
I am trying to create a conditional statement with 17 IFs. I started needing to do 11 Ifs. I got over the Excel limit of 7 by identifying a cell in the last element of the first string of 4 IFs in which there was a further string with 7 IFs. However I now need to expand this to 17 IFs. I tried the same technique of creating a third string with 6 more IFs and identifying this in the last condition of the second string. It didn't work. Any ideas. Look here: http://www.j-walk.com/ss/excel/usertips/tip080.htm -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Peter" <P...

Fabrication and GP

#5.7.1 smtp;550 5.7.1 message does not comply with required standa
One of my users is having his replies to an outside address returned to him as undeliverable. The NDR displays this message: #5.7.1 smtp;550 5.7.1 This message does not comply with required standards. Interestingly, I (in the same domain, using the same Exchange Server) am able to e-mail the address successfully, and the user has e-mailed the address successfully in the past. I found one mention of this issue on a non-MS discussion forum, and the workaround is apparently to remove RE: from the subject line before sending. I haven't tested this exactly yet, but it would explai...

Upgrading from GP 9 to GP 10

GP 9 Upgrade and SQL Server 2000 sp4

Payroll GP 10.0

MS CRM integration to GP
Hello Can any one update me wheather the mutiple company databases can be integrated to MSCRM. The senario is this. a company has mutiple entities using GP 7.5 and unique sql databases,require to integrate mscrm with gp. The integration that is supplied by MS only allows you to integrate with 1 company DB. You could probably use some of the components that are provided, but you will need to develop some of the integration logic yourself to address this. Matt On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 05:34:31 -0800, "ramki@loayoman.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello &g...

Reading Pane #5
Does using the reading pane really open you up for viruses and worms more than not using it? bfarr <bfarr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Does using the reading pane really open you up for viruses and worms > more than not using it? See the answers to your first post of this question. -- Brian Tillman ...

Exchange 5.5 Enterprise version flips back to Standard version
We recently hit the 16GB limit on the IS, so upgraded to the Enterprise version. The upgrade was confirmed by seeing event 1217 when Exchange was started. All was OK until I tried to delete a large folder from a particularly large mailbox. The process stopped partway through, and I found that the IS service had stopped with the "Database full" event. Stopping and restarting all Exchange services cuased the IS to stay up for just 2 minutes. Event log shows that the systen seems to have flipped back to Standard mode, as event 1216 is now being generated on startup. I am convinc...

error in GP
When I try to generate a Historical Aged Trial Balance my computer freezes then gives me this error message. "The stored procedure pmHistoricalAgedTrialBalance returned the following results DBMS:208, GP:0 This is path I use to get to the report: Reports/Purchasing/Trial Balance/Historical Aged Trial Balance. We have been having problems with other reports because of the change from 2005 to 2006. I appreciate the assistance. ------=_NextPart_0001_AF5FCF35 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Jason, This is Lisa. Thank you for your inquiry on the Historica...

Outlook 2003 Smart Tag Integration with MSN Messenger 7.0 vs Windows Messenger
Is there a way to use MSN Messenger 7.0 with the Outlook 2003 Smart Tag integration instead of useing Windows Messenger? Seems really silly that Outlook 2003 would use Windows Messenger a older product with less features then use MSN Messenger which is a newer product with more features. I've search all over the net for this answer and all I find is others asking the same questions but never and answer. -- Regards, Chris ...

GP General Ledger Distribution Reference Field Length
Is there a way of expanding the field length of the Distribution Reference field beyond 30 characters? No, I'm afraid it is not possible. "Pam" <Pam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6D76FF64-76BE-4FCE-812F-2AC8519BAB4D@microsoft.com... : Is there a way of expanding the field length of the Distribution Reference : field beyond 30 characters? Just curious, why do you need a longer field length - for drill down purposes or for report printing purposes? "Pam" wrote: > Is there a way of expanding the field length of the Distribution Refer...

Windows 7 checked HAL source file
I went through the following page about installing just checked build OS and HAL for Windows 7, as it stated for Vista and later http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc835892.aspx I cant find HAL SourceFileName from "%SystemRoot%\Inf\setuppapi.dev.log" file as hal.dll is not available I had halacpi.dll and halmacpi.dll file available in WDK i386 debug directory, these file names are not present on the log file(!) I just went on and used halmacpi.dll file as the HAL source file (as my target system is multiprocessor) and updated the boot entry as well, as less e...

Business Portal (BP) and Great Plains (GP)
We do not have all the fields in the Ledger Transaction Summary History Table (BP) available as we do in the Account Transaction table in GP i.e. can't find TRX Date in BP but have it GP. Is there any control when installing the BP software with respect to what fields for a table will be displayed and can be used in constructing queries in BP? How do we get access to additional fields in BP? Kimmer, Thanks for using the newsgroups. The Ledger Transaction Summary History entity maps to the Account Summary History table. The Account Transaction History table is not exposed th...

Disabling NDR in Exchange 5.5
Hello, Does anyone know how to disable Internet NDR for Exchange 5.5? We are getting flooded with spam and our exchange server is clogging up the IMS with NDRs. Thanks in advance I don't think this is possible in 5.5 - but since mail servers are supposed to send NDRs, and you'd be preventing valid senders from receiving notice that they'd mistyped an address, it wouldn't be the best way to go anyway. Might be time to look into content filtering software such as that at www.gfi.com (altho there are plenty) or a third party antispam service such as Postini that will clean t...