GP 6.0 to GP 10.0 and Advanced Financial Reports

In one of our smaller companies, we were on GP 6.0.  Using Integration
Manager and a fair amount of effort, I migrated the GL data to GP 10.0 (with
account number changes and account combining).  In GP 6.0, the user had a
group of Advanced Financial Statements that she ran at month end.  In GP
10.0, The reports were rebuilt (from scratch) and a similar group was
created.  When this group is run the GP Client freezes (i.e. all 4Gb of
physical RAM gets used) and 50% of the time completely crashes.

I have scoured the KB's and followed every bit of advice that I could find.
I have checked SQL tables.  All of the reports can run well separately.
Accelerator is off.  ...blah...blah...blah!  So before I log a case - I
thought I would ask if anyone out there has seen anything like this and
perhaps possesses the secret knowledge to fix it.

My user seriously questions the benefit of having "upgraded".

Also,  please do not waste your air (or keystrokes) about the virtues of
FRx.  I understand all of them very well.  This user needs to run a simple
Balance Sheet, Income Statement and Departmental Expense Statement (for 5
departments).  That is all she will ever run.  That is all she ever ran in GP
6.0.

Thanks in advance.

--
Tim Foster
0

OK.  So this isn't a "popular" problem.  I had another go in SQL at the
tables for Advanced Financial Reporting.   I discovered that in AF40102
(Financial Header and Footer Setup) there were records that located fields
outside of the renderable area of the report (the negative numbers were the
clue).  I used SQL to reposition the fields back into "renderable space".
Then I deleted the fields using Advanced Financial Layout.  It appears that
there is a bug in the Layout editor that introduces these "phantom" fields.
I guess there's no problem until you run the reports as a group.

The Financial Group now runs perfectly!  Problem solved...

--
Tim Foster

"Tim Foster" wrote:

> In one of our smaller companies, we were on GP 6.0.  Using Integration
> Manager and a fair amount of effort, I migrated the GL data to GP 10.0 (with
> account number changes and account combining).  In GP 6.0, the user had a
> group of Advanced Financial Statements that she ran at month end.  In GP
> 10.0, The reports were rebuilt (from scratch) and a similar group was
> created.  When this group is run the GP Client freezes (i.e. all 4Gb of
> physical RAM gets used) and 50% of the time completely crashes.
>
> I have scoured the KB's and followed every bit of advice that I could find.
> I have checked SQL tables.  All of the reports can run well separately.
> Accelerator is off.  ...blah...blah...blah!  So before I log a case - I
> thought I would ask if anyone out there has seen anything like this and
> perhaps possesses the secret knowledge to fix it.
>
> My user seriously questions the benefit of having "upgraded".
>
> Also,  please do not waste your air (or keystrokes) about the virtues of
> FRx.  I understand all of them very well.  This user needs to run a simple
> Balance Sheet, Income Statement and Departmental Expense Statement (for 5
> departments).  That is all she will ever run.  That is all she ever ran in GP
> 6.0.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> --
> Tim Foster
0
tfoster (136)

Going Live with GP

Migrating data from GP to GP

percentages #6
Confused... i can not seem to get the sum of $33.00 - 7% (it equals $30.69) ho do i do that on an excel worksheet? please help... -- johnsmit ----------------------------------------------------------------------- johnsmith's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2635 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39620 I dont get it... its probibly the most simple function... but I cant figure it out. Please Help -- johnsmith ------------------------------------------------------------------------ johnsmith's Profile: ...

GP concurrent user and SQL 2005 CAL

CRM 3.0 Currency symbol
No matter what i do i cant get the currency symbol to stay changed from $ to £ As soon as i exit the organisation settings form it changes back. Please help I have full admin rights on the network/crm/world etc Hi I am facing same problem. Do let me know if the case gets resolved. -- Thanks in advance. Ankit "Brian McFarland" wrote: > No matter what i do i cant get the currency symbol to stay changed from $ to £ > > As soon as i exit the organisation settings form it changes back. > > Please help > > I have full admin rights on the netwo...

If statement #10
Could someone help me write an if statement saying that if the current cell has no data in it to place a o in the cell but if there is a number do nothing. Thank you "Jeremy" <Jeremy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7137C258-4568-49D2-B699-3C0D35D4E0DE@microsoft.com... > Could someone help me write an if statement saying that if the current cell > has no data in it to place a o in the cell but if there is a number do > nothing. > > Thank you =if(a1="",o,a1) is [basically] what you want but will most likely produce a looping error. I...

MRMS 2.0
Hi Mates, I am using MRMS 2.0 and my log files size is multiplying very fast. Tried doing the database shrinking and making the recovery mode to simple. Still the log files size is mulitplying. Is there any fix for this from microsoft. Thanks in Advance RK 1) With both the original .MDF and .LDF files located where they supposed to be, run RMS Admin and select the database you want to shrink. 2) Issue this query to find the log device name: SELECT FILE_NAME(2). This will return the name of your log device (in our case, we called the database SS1 and the log device name is Store1...

Re: Problems sending e-mail from CRM 4.0
sorry, replied to the wrong post. Dave "Dave Ireland" <direland@salentica.com> wrote in message news:... > There's one for 500 concurrent here: > > http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=3bf7ecda-7eaf-4f1c-bbfe-cae19bc8bb78&displaylang=en > > Dave Ireland > > "Esteban GN" <egnra@hotmail.com> wrote in message > news:%23DGaT4PPJHA.1164@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... >> Hi, group, I have problems to send e-mail from CRM 4.0 >> I have the e-mail router and the test is OK. >> I see the folowing error in ...

Unable to install 11.3.6 update...
This is really odd. When I try to install the 11.3.6 update for Office Mac (either from auto update or from download on Microsoft website), I get the standard error that I don't have the correct version installed. I have verified from the Read Me file as the error message says that I do have version 11.3.5 installed. I've verified my specs. Here are my specs: PowerBook G4 1.25 Mhz Mac OS 10.4.10 Office 2004 11.3.5 The only thing the Read Me recommends to do is to trash Office and reinstall from the disk and reapply updates. I REALLY don't want to have to do that. Any ideas o...

Fabrication and GP

Payroll GP 10.0

Vlookup returns "0"

Upgrading from GP 9 to GP 10

merge existing report into an excel spreadsheet
Hi! We receive monthly reports from other companies and other resources, is there a simple way to merge these reports into an excel spreadsheet or access database? Thanks in advance! Chelle Almost certainly, but you'll have to give us more to work with. Cheers Gromi -- Gromi ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Gromit's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=92 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=31995 ...

Advanced Charts Question
I'm moving and application from Excel to Access. In Excel there are stacked bar charts that show prior years End of Year Summary information along with Monthly summarized data for current year. There's also a target line that runs the width of the chart connecting last year's EOY bar with current year's final target value. To complicate everything, the charted values are in Parts Per Million. In Excel I just added columns for the Historical Annual data to the left of the monthly columns, and a column to the right for the final target value. I also added a row for the target va...

GP 9 Upgrade and SQL Server 2000 sp4

Importing OE 6 folders from ME to XP?
Hello, My question is in regards to importing Outlook Express folders from a machine with Windows ME to a machine with Windows XP. The XP machine already has folders set up with many ancestry mails that cannot be lost. If I export from the ME to the XP machine will the current XP folders and mail be deleted from the XP machine or just added to the current XP OE folders? Sorry if this is confusing but I have been unable to find any answer on this. I just am not sure if the old OE folder contents will be added to the new OE folder contents without deleting the new OE folder mail. Thanks Ka...

MS CRM integration to GP
Hello Can any one update me wheather the mutiple company databases can be integrated to MSCRM. The senario is this. a company has mutiple entities using GP 7.5 and unique sql databases,require to integrate mscrm with gp. The integration that is supplied by MS only allows you to integrate with 1 company DB. You could probably use some of the components that are provided, but you will need to develop some of the integration logic yourself to address this. Matt On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 05:34:31 -0800, "ramki@loayoman.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello &g...

How do I catch orchestration exception using eConnect 8.0
Hello, the exception I am getting in Biztalk Health & Activity Tracking: Quote: Microsoft.GreatPlain.eConnect.eConnectException: Sql procedure error codes returned: Error Number = 7149 Stored Procedure taRMTransaction Error Description = The Salesperson entered(SLPRSNID) does not exist in the Salesperson Master Table. UnQuote How do I catch "Microsoft.GreatPlain.eConnect.eConnectException" in my orchestration? Thanks in advance for your help. -- mj ------=_NextPart_0001_013BBFE8 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi RNJ, We do not suggest, nor supp...

error in GP
When I try to generate a Historical Aged Trial Balance my computer freezes then gives me this error message. "The stored procedure pmHistoricalAgedTrialBalance returned the following results DBMS:208, GP:0 This is path I use to get to the report: Reports/Purchasing/Trial Balance/Historical Aged Trial Balance. We have been having problems with other reports because of the change from 2005 to 2006. I appreciate the assistance. ------=_NextPart_0001_AF5FCF35 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Jason, This is Lisa. Thank you for your inquiry on the Historica...

Outlook 2003 Smart Tag Integration with MSN Messenger 7.0 vs Windows Messenger
Is there a way to use MSN Messenger 7.0 with the Outlook 2003 Smart Tag integration instead of useing Windows Messenger? Seems really silly that Outlook 2003 would use Windows Messenger a older product with less features then use MSN Messenger which is a newer product with more features. I've search all over the net for this answer and all I find is others asking the same questions but never and answer. -- Regards, Chris ...

MFC Application and Crystal Reports
I need to get Crystal reports running on an MFC application, Does anyone have an example, or know where i can find one?. I looked into http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/crystlmn/html/crsamreportbindingoptionsforwindowsformsviewers.asp But couldnt get it working, i think im missing something, I cannot find the "Windows Forms Viewer" and after adding the namespaces and setting "ReportDocument *oRpt = null;" i get a : error C3624: 'System::ComponentModel::Component': the compiler cannot find this type; it is defined in the assembly ...

GP General Ledger Distribution Reference Field Length
Is there a way of expanding the field length of the Distribution Reference field beyond 30 characters? No, I'm afraid it is not possible. "Pam" <Pam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6D76FF64-76BE-4FCE-812F-2AC8519BAB4D@microsoft.com... : Is there a way of expanding the field length of the Distribution Reference : field beyond 30 characters? Just curious, why do you need a longer field length - for drill down purposes or for report printing purposes? "Pam" wrote: > Is there a way of expanding the field length of the Distribution Refer...

Merging workbooks #6
I share information through excel and both parties update the same worksheet. Is there an easy way to merge or synchronize the two workbooks? ...