GP 2010 - Editing fields on posted invoice

Hi,

I need help with editing "Comments" field which is under blue arrow on invoice line.
After posting invoice this field (as others) becomes grey - non editable.
Any ideas how to change its value ???

Lookup field for Current User
Hello, I am needing to write some javascript (for onload) that will lookup the current logged on user, then pull a couple fields from that users entity to populate part of a http string used for an IFrame. I already have the javascript setup for the IFrame and it is working, I just need to make it dynamic depending on who is logging in. Thanks in advance for the help. Respectfully, Chris Where is your code running? As part of the CRM web (below the /isv folder)? If yes and if it is an ASP.NET application, you can use the SDK assemblies to impersonate and get to all information you ...

Going Live with GP

2010 charts will not move or resize
tried out the office 2010 and in excel: cannot move charts that are created on the worksheet cannot resize charts that are created on the worksheet using handles is this a bug or a feature? sorry if this is the wrong newsgroup, i have not found one specifically for excel 2010 or office 2010. regards to the group, banjo banjo, Where, how did you get a copy of Office 2010 ? -- Jim Cone Portland, Oregon USA "rud" <rdewberry@gmail.com> wrote in message tried out the office 2010 and in excel: cannot move charts that are created on the worksheet cannot resize charts that...

Activiate a report for invoices?
Good day, I duplicated the "SOP Long History Invoice" form, and made a number of modications to the duplicated version.. Now I wish to use this form... How do I go about telling Great Plains to use my version and not the standard version? Using Great Plains 7.5. You must give yourself (and other users) permission to use the modified report. Click on Setup > System > Advanced Security HS "brother52" <brother52@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:645A1303-B33E-4564-A6BD-6BA9F73F08B4@microsoft.com... > Good day, > > I duplicated the &q...

Migrating data from GP to GP

GP concurrent user and SQL 2005 CAL

adding yes/no field
How do I add a check box field to my query field name to be "Active" I Tried Active:=yes/no,checkbox DIDN't WORK can you fix for me or is it not able to do this THANKS MARSMAN You would add the check box (binary) field to the table the query is based on then it will show in the field list of your query. Name it "active" in the table. -- Milton Purdy ACCESS State of Arkansas "MaRSMAN" wrote: > How do I add a check box field to my query field name to be "Active" > I Tried Active:=yes/no,checkbox DIDN't WORK ...

What is the Cost Center field?
Hi, In PWA 2007 SP2 and in Project Pro 2007, in resources views we can insert the Cost Center field. There is no Help about this field. How does it work? Thanks for your help Robert -- Cost Center is a free entry alphanumeric field that is one of the default fields in the Microsoft Project 2007 desktop application. Oddly enough, as you already know, this is one of the fields that has absolutely NO Help information about it. If your organization tracks Cost Center information about each resource in your Enterprise Resource Pool, I suppose you could use this default ...

Fabrication and GP

Upgrading from GP 9 to GP 10

GP 9 Upgrade and SQL Server 2000 sp4

How do I add up prices on an Invoice?
I am trying to add up all my prices for an invoice without having to figure them out by hand. Is there some sort of sum command on microsoft publisher? I also would like to have it calculate the GST automatically. If you could help me out that would be great. John Not in Publisher... Windows comes with a calculator. Have you installed it? You can do adding in Word, Excel and Access; copy and paste into Publisher. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Johnny S" <Johnny S@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote...

Payroll GP 10.0

Moving Pivot Chart Fields on a chart sheet
Does anyone know how I would move a field after my pivot chart is created? The value button is right in the way of my pie chart and the program is not allowing me to move it out of the way of the % w/leader lines. Thanks You can hide the field buttons: On the pivot toolbar, choose PivotChart>Hide Pivot Chart Field buttons sherobot wrote: > Does anyone know how I would move a field after my pivot chart is created? > The value button is right in the way of my pie chart and the program is not > allowing me to move it out of the way of the % w/leader lines. > > Thanks &...

MS CRM integration to GP
Hello Can any one update me wheather the mutiple company databases can be integrated to MSCRM. The senario is this. a company has mutiple entities using GP 7.5 and unique sql databases,require to integrate mscrm with gp. The integration that is supplied by MS only allows you to integrate with 1 company DB. You could probably use some of the components that are provided, but you will need to develop some of the integration logic yourself to address this. Matt On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 05:34:31 -0800, "ramki@loayoman.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello &g...

Publisher 2010 Web Tools
Generating simple web sites was a great feature in Publisher. Why did they remove it? I can't even find any installed templates for a Web page now. -- Joy Starks I heard a rumor that you weren't going to be able to create websites with Publisher. HOWEVER I have only just installed it and haven't had the time to check that out. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Joy Starks" <JoyStarks@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:861D11D9-D0FD-4F40-B574-9A8C59F144...

SOP Blank Invoice form
Hi, I'm hoping someone out there can help w/ this. I'm having problems aligning this report to the left. It seems easy enough as dragging every field to the left, but I'm hoping there's an easier way...also, I don't want to comprimise the layout. Thanks. If it's a graphical report, you should be able to drag a circle around all the fields in a section or use <Ctrl-Click> to select a bunch of fields and move them together. -- Charles Allen, MVP "lpena007" wrote: > Hi, > > I'm hoping someone out there can help w/ this. I'm ...

error in GP
When I try to generate a Historical Aged Trial Balance my computer freezes then gives me this error message. "The stored procedure pmHistoricalAgedTrialBalance returned the following results DBMS:208, GP:0 This is path I use to get to the report: Reports/Purchasing/Trial Balance/Historical Aged Trial Balance. We have been having problems with other reports because of the change from 2005 to 2006. I appreciate the assistance. ------=_NextPart_0001_AF5FCF35 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Jason, This is Lisa. Thank you for your inquiry on the Historica...

GP General Ledger Distribution Reference Field Length
Is there a way of expanding the field length of the Distribution Reference field beyond 30 characters? No, I'm afraid it is not possible. "Pam" <Pam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6D76FF64-76BE-4FCE-812F-2AC8519BAB4D@microsoft.com... : Is there a way of expanding the field length of the Distribution Reference : field beyond 30 characters? Just curious, why do you need a longer field length - for drill down purposes or for report printing purposes? "Pam" wrote: > Is there a way of expanding the field length of the Distribution Refer...

Business Portal (BP) and Great Plains (GP)
We do not have all the fields in the Ledger Transaction Summary History Table (BP) available as we do in the Account Transaction table in GP i.e. can't find TRX Date in BP but have it GP. Is there any control when installing the BP software with respect to what fields for a table will be displayed and can be used in constructing queries in BP? How do we get access to additional fields in BP? Kimmer, Thanks for using the newsgroups. The Ledger Transaction Summary History entity maps to the Account Summary History table. The Account Transaction History table is not exposed th...

What is the purpose of the Link Master and Child Fields?
I have a form which contains tabbed subForms, each subForm pulling data from their respective tables. However, none of these forms talk to each other and I don't really know the purpose of the Link Master Fields and Link Child Fields sections. But i'm pretty sure this has something to do with it. Can anyone shed any light or post me a link to where this is explained? "SparkyMark" <SparkyMark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E9A9AD44-07A3-4491-9691-A9D243B9BE6D@microsoft.com... >I have a form which contains tabbed subForms, each subForm pulling d...

Custom fields in Email Templates
I have created a custom field on the case form, which I have also included in an email template that is triggered by a manual rule. When I save my Case with the custom field filled in and then run the manual rule, the email that is delivered does not include the value from my custom field. Should this work? Thanks, Matt This should work. Please provide more info. What type of field is it? Did you add the field to the template manually or using the template editor's Insert/Update Dynamic Data button? Another Matt W, Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "MattW" ...

int field type
In the CRM, the only integer number field is int. I wanted to know what is the maximum length (highest number) this field can be. I use MS Access and there Microsoft has an integer field and a long integer field (the long integer field is used for keys (autonumbers). I don't remember what the field types are in SQL Server. Thanks, Stanley CRM use the standard SQL integer to store number values. This is a 32-bit value which can store values from -2147483647 to 2147483647 -- Patrick Verbeeten (MCPD) CRM/.NET Consultant Aviva IT Tools for CRM Developers and Administrators http://...

Feedback on GP Time and Attendance
I am looking for some feedback on GP 9 / BP 3 version of Time and Attendance. We are using non Payroll, Canadian version, of GP Time and Attendance and we are experiencing many limitations. What is your experience with this product? Any other similar product you'd recommend? Thanks in advance, Bruno ...