GP 10.00 User Secury for Project Accounting

Hi All,
How can I grant user access to view Project Accounting Batch ID lookup
during PA Billing Transaction?
0
kat (49)

Project and Outlook Communication
For the longest time we were using Lotus notes, but have now switched to MS Outlook. Does anyone know of advantages by having MS Project and MS Outook? are there any special ways these communicate or can be used that we could not do with Lotus? We are on MS Project Professional (including PWA) 2007 SP1 Thanks Steve SteveP -- When you move to Outlook from Lotus Notes, you will find there is an Project Server 2007 add-in for Outlook that allows a team member to import and report on PWA tasks from within Outlook. Before they can use the add-in, they must download and inst...

User selects existing sheet to paste to
Very grateful for any help: I am a novice at this. I have a spreadsheet with multiple sheets, already named (lets say Mon, Tues, Wed). A macro visits other Excel files, retrieves data by copying. I want to allow the user to select the paste destination (sheet name only, cells A1 to end). The cells are all in the same format etc, all I need is to let the user specify - either by typing, or by selecting from a list, which sheet (Mon,Tue,Wed) to paste to, and then let the macro continue to paste and do other things. I have tried : Range("A1:L6").Select Selection....

Going Live with GP

Lookup field for Current User
Hello, I am needing to write some javascript (for onload) that will lookup the current logged on user, then pull a couple fields from that users entity to populate part of a http string used for an IFrame. I already have the javascript setup for the IFrame and it is working, I just need to make it dynamic depending on who is logging in. Thanks in advance for the help. Respectfully, Chris Where is your code running? As part of the CRM web (below the /isv folder)? If yes and if it is an ASP.NET application, you can use the SDK assemblies to impersonate and get to all information you ...

Opening other user's folder in Entourage X
Does anyone know how to open other user's folders, such as Calendar, in Entourage X (Mac version of Outlook)? Thanks for your assistance, John Try posting in a Mac Entourage group - the applications are very different. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, john smith asked: | Does anyone know how to open other user's folders, such as Calendar, | in Entourage X (Mac version o...

Migrating data from GP to GP

Account list headings
Of the headings in the account list: Account; Last Updated; To Review; Bank Balance; and Adj. Balance. I only have details in the Account name column and the adjusted balance column. Could someone tell me how/when the other fields are used? I would like to show balance at the bank at the last point I reconciled my transactions (last updated?) against the adjusted balance, all in the one screen. Just to note that the adjusted balance includes items that I have yet to reconcile, ie items after my last bank statement I hope above is clear, and appreciate help Musty ...

GP concurrent user and SQL 2005 CAL

Force default view for new users
Hello, Exchange 2003 SP1, Outlook XP. Each time we create a new user we would like that by default all the folders get displayed when he logs in (at least at the first logon). Any idea ? Is it a registry key ? Or a group policy ? Thanks for your help ! Regards, Luuke It is possible to force Outlook to open with a particular navigation = pane displayed, by adding this registry entry and setting the = appropriate value: =20 Key: = HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Outlook\Options\WunderBa= r Value name: BootModule Value type: REG_DWORD Value: 0 to show the Mail folder...

Changing Display Name of Account Entity
I have changed the name of the account entity to Groups and this has displayed correctly. However, when looking at Views the headings still have Account Name which I assume it is picking up from the Display Name on the entity. I can't seem to change this as it is greyed out - is there a way to change the headings on Views? Thanks Sue Ignore this - I was looking in the wrong place! "Sue Westlake" wrote: > I have changed the name of the account entity to Groups and this has > displayed correctly. However, when looking at Views the headings still have > Account ...

user-defined customer address
Would like to see the ability to set the User-defined fields in RM Customer Address Summary in the program. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=523b48af-435a-4f...

If statement #10
Could someone help me write an if statement saying that if the current cell has no data in it to place a o in the cell but if there is a number do nothing. Thank you "Jeremy" <Jeremy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7137C258-4568-49D2-B699-3C0D35D4E0DE@microsoft.com... > Could someone help me write an if statement saying that if the current cell > has no data in it to place a o in the cell but if there is a number do > nothing. > > Thank you =if(a1="",o,a1) is [basically] what you want but will most likely produce a looping error. I...

Fabrication and GP

GP 9 Upgrade and SQL Server 2000 sp4

Manager grayed out on user setup

Upgrading from GP 9 to GP 10

Payroll GP 10.0

Random Users Calendars not viewable

MS CRM integration to GP
Hello Can any one update me wheather the mutiple company databases can be integrated to MSCRM. The senario is this. a company has mutiple entities using GP 7.5 and unique sql databases,require to integrate mscrm with gp. The integration that is supplied by MS only allows you to integrate with 1 company DB. You could probably use some of the components that are provided, but you will need to develop some of the integration logic yourself to address this. Matt On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 05:34:31 -0800, "ramki@loayoman.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello &g...

Importing from Outlook, Contacts AND Accounts
I've read various postings on this here, but am still a bit confused. When I import from Outlook into CRM, I don't have any options about field mappings within the Import tool, just which folder to import from. It seems to make sense that since Outlook has distinct company and contact fields, one could import them as accounts and contacts, but I don't see how. I realize code can be written to do this, but shouldn't this be a pretty basic function that most everyone with Outlook would want to use? Or am I just missing something here? Thanks, Chuck Brown ...

error in GP
When I try to generate a Historical Aged Trial Balance my computer freezes then gives me this error message. "The stored procedure pmHistoricalAgedTrialBalance returned the following results DBMS:208, GP:0 This is path I use to get to the report: Reports/Purchasing/Trial Balance/Historical Aged Trial Balance. We have been having problems with other reports because of the change from 2005 to 2006. I appreciate the assistance. ------=_NextPart_0001_AF5FCF35 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Jason, This is Lisa. Thank you for your inquiry on the Historica...

Account Setup Temporarily Unavailable
OK I decide to wipe the slate clean on my 2005 trial and deleted my problematic account that was not showing current transactions. When I went to set it up it started buy has hit a glitch. The bank name is now appearing in my account list but is asking me to provide sign in information so I click that link and it takes me to the list of banking institutions and highlights mine. I click next and it gives me the error message, "Account Setup is temporarily unavailiable. Please try again later". This is gone on all day. I have another account listed in my list from a different i...

GP General Ledger Distribution Reference Field Length
Is there a way of expanding the field length of the Distribution Reference field beyond 30 characters? No, I'm afraid it is not possible. "Pam" <Pam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6D76FF64-76BE-4FCE-812F-2AC8519BAB4D@microsoft.com... : Is there a way of expanding the field length of the Distribution Reference : field beyond 30 characters? Just curious, why do you need a longer field length - for drill down purposes or for report printing purposes? "Pam" wrote: > Is there a way of expanding the field length of the Distribution Refer...

marketing list with leads, contacts, and users
There should be a way to have leads and contacts (and users) in a single marketing list. Currently, when you create a new marketing list, you need to specify a single type, which is typically a lead or a contact. This is not a good design. For example, lets say that we go to a tradeshow and import all of our leads and associate them to a marketing list set up for that tradeshow. Now, after the tradeshow, we convert some of these leads to contacts (they turn into customers). When we convert them, we lose the association with the existing marketing list they are in. For next year, ...