GP 10.0 Certifications

Hi:
I have two Microsoft Certified Professional; One in Microsoft Dynamics GP
9.0 Installation & Configuration and other in Microsoft Dynamics GP 9.0
Financials.

That was one the requisite to become a reseller for GP 9.0. I want to know
if I need these two certifications for GP 10.0 to become a reseller for GP
10.00.

Thank you
Valentin

0
ValentinPR (38)

Its been my experience that they grandfather in some of the older versions -
you should be ok with your GP 9.0 certs to cell GP 10.0

"Valentin PR" wrote:

> Hi:
> I have two Microsoft Certified Professional; One in Microsoft Dynamics GP
> 9.0 Installation & Configuration and other in Microsoft Dynamics GP 9.0
> Financials.
>
> That was one the requisite to become a reseller for GP 9.0. I want to know
> if I need these two certifications for GP 10.0 to become a reseller for GP
> 10.00.
>
> Thank you
> Valentin

0
AndreaSmiley (210)
6/26/2007 4:09:00 PM
That's been my experience as well.  In addition, I would guess the 10.0
exams won't be out for a while yet.

--
Victoria Yudin
Dynamics GP MVP

"Andrea Smiley" <AndreaSmiley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Its been my experience that they grandfather in some of the older
> versions -
> you should be ok with your GP 9.0 certs to cell GP 10.0
>
> "Valentin PR" wrote:
>
>> Hi:
>> I have two Microsoft Certified Professional; One in Microsoft Dynamics GP
>> 9.0 Installation & Configuration and other in Microsoft Dynamics GP 9.0
>> Financials.
>>
>> That was one the requisite to become a reseller for GP 9.0. I want to
>> know
>> if I need these two certifications for GP 10.0 to become a reseller for
>> GP
>> 10.00.
>>
>> Thank you
>> Valentin

0
victoria (3340)
6/27/2007 11:51:44 AM
Victoria and Andrea are correct.  I have certifications which are much older
and they still qualify.

"Victoria [MVP]" wrote:

> That's been my experience as well.  In addition, I would guess the 10.0
> exams won't be out for a while yet.
>
> --
> Victoria Yudin
> Dynamics GP MVP
> Flexible Solutions, Inc.
>

> "Andrea Smiley" <AndreaSmiley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Its been my experience that they grandfather in some of the older
> > versions -
> > you should be ok with your GP 9.0 certs to cell GP 10.0
> >
> > "Valentin PR" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi:
> >> I have two Microsoft Certified Professional; One in Microsoft Dynamics GP
> >> 9.0 Installation & Configuration and other in Microsoft Dynamics GP 9.0
> >> Financials.
> >>
> >> That was one the requisite to become a reseller for GP 9.0. I want to
> >> know
> >> if I need these two certifications for GP 10.0 to become a reseller for
> >> GP
> >> 10.00.
> >>
> >> Thank you
> >> Valentin

0
AXONE (1)
7/5/2007 3:58:00 AM
So then my 7.x certs are still valid?
Great news.
Thanks.

"AX_ONE" wrote:

> Victoria and Andrea are correct.  I have certifications which are much older
> and they still qualify.
>
> "Victoria [MVP]" wrote:
>
> > That's been my experience as well.  In addition, I would guess the 10.0
> > exams won't be out for a while yet.
> >
> > --
> > Victoria Yudin
> > Dynamics GP MVP
> > Flexible Solutions, Inc.
> >

> > "Andrea Smiley" <AndreaSmiley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Its been my experience that they grandfather in some of the older
> > > versions -
> > > you should be ok with your GP 9.0 certs to cell GP 10.0

Going Live with GP

Migrating data from GP to GP

GP concurrent user and SQL 2005 CAL

If statement #10
Could someone help me write an if statement saying that if the current cell has no data in it to place a o in the cell but if there is a number do nothing. Thank you "Jeremy" <Jeremy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7137C258-4568-49D2-B699-3C0D35D4E0DE@microsoft.com... > Could someone help me write an if statement saying that if the current cell > has no data in it to place a o in the cell but if there is a number do > nothing. > > Thank you =if(a1="",o,a1) is [basically] what you want but will most likely produce a looping error. I...

Fabrication and GP

Upgrading from GP 9 to GP 10

GP 9 Upgrade and SQL Server 2000 sp4

Vlookup returns "0"

Payroll GP 10.0

How do I catch orchestration exception using eConnect 8.0
Hello, the exception I am getting in Biztalk Health & Activity Tracking: Quote: Microsoft.GreatPlain.eConnect.eConnectException: Sql procedure error codes returned: Error Number = 7149 Stored Procedure taRMTransaction Error Description = The Salesperson entered(SLPRSNID) does not exist in the Salesperson Master Table. UnQuote How do I catch "Microsoft.GreatPlain.eConnect.eConnectException" in my orchestration? Thanks in advance for your help. -- mj ------=_NextPart_0001_013BBFE8 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi RNJ, We do not suggest, nor supp...

MS CRM integration to GP
Hello Can any one update me wheather the mutiple company databases can be integrated to MSCRM. The senario is this. a company has mutiple entities using GP 7.5 and unique sql databases,require to integrate mscrm with gp. The integration that is supplied by MS only allows you to integrate with 1 company DB. You could probably use some of the components that are provided, but you will need to develop some of the integration logic yourself to address this. Matt On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 05:34:31 -0800, "ramki@loayoman.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello &g...

Outlook 2003 Smart Tag Integration with MSN Messenger 7.0 vs Windows Messenger
Is there a way to use MSN Messenger 7.0 with the Outlook 2003 Smart Tag integration instead of useing Windows Messenger? Seems really silly that Outlook 2003 would use Windows Messenger a older product with less features then use MSN Messenger which is a newer product with more features. I've search all over the net for this answer and all I find is others asking the same questions but never and answer. -- Regards, Chris ...

error in GP
When I try to generate a Historical Aged Trial Balance my computer freezes then gives me this error message. "The stored procedure pmHistoricalAgedTrialBalance returned the following results DBMS:208, GP:0 This is path I use to get to the report: Reports/Purchasing/Trial Balance/Historical Aged Trial Balance. We have been having problems with other reports because of the change from 2005 to 2006. I appreciate the assistance. ------=_NextPart_0001_AF5FCF35 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Jason, This is Lisa. Thank you for your inquiry on the Historica...

GP General Ledger Distribution Reference Field Length
Is there a way of expanding the field length of the Distribution Reference field beyond 30 characters? No, I'm afraid it is not possible. "Pam" <Pam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6D76FF64-76BE-4FCE-812F-2AC8519BAB4D@microsoft.com... : Is there a way of expanding the field length of the Distribution Reference : field beyond 30 characters? Just curious, why do you need a longer field length - for drill down purposes or for report printing purposes? "Pam" wrote: > Is there a way of expanding the field length of the Distribution Refer...

Business Portal (BP) and Great Plains (GP)
We do not have all the fields in the Ledger Transaction Summary History Table (BP) available as we do in the Account Transaction table in GP i.e. can't find TRX Date in BP but have it GP. Is there any control when installing the BP software with respect to what fields for a table will be displayed and can be used in constructing queries in BP? How do we get access to additional fields in BP? Kimmer, Thanks for using the newsgroups. The Ledger Transaction Summary History entity maps to the Account Summary History table. The Account Transaction History table is not exposed th...

Feedback on GP Time and Attendance
I am looking for some feedback on GP 9 / BP 3 version of Time and Attendance. We are using non Payroll, Canadian version, of GP Time and Attendance and we are experiencing many limitations. What is your experience with this product? Any other similar product you'd recommend? Thanks in advance, Bruno ...

CRM 3.0 Email Router
After installing crm 3.0, I have noticed that e-mails to a crm user are being removed from the inbox as soon as they arrive. After shutting down the email routing service, things went back to normal. Where were the old e-mails placed? Thanks in advance ...

I want to know GP Tables Definitions
I need to know the tables for the window general transaction entry in GL Carmencite: Go Tools>Resource Descriptions>Windows. Select Product/Series/View By. You'll be able to see all the tables associated with a specific window. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com blog: www.gp2themax.blogspot.com Carmencita, In addition you may want to check David Musgrave's article on resources at http://blogs.msdn.com/developingfordynamicsgp/archive/2008/10/05/finding-table-and-field-information-in-microsoft-dynamics-gp.aspx Best regards, -- M...

Input Mask 02-12-10
Hi what format do you think a form input mask should be to accomodate the following record formats: 1234-11 (4 digits, dash, 2 digits) 12345-11(5 digits, dash, 2 digits) A1234 (1 Letter, 4 digits) Thanks M. ...

ROYAL STYLE #10 BELTS (2)PK
List Price:$3.95 Image: http://bestdeallocator.info/image.php?id=B0015OMZLM Best price found: http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B0015OMZLM ROYAL STYLE #10 BELTS (2)PK ...

Getting Started with 3.0 CRM
Hi All, I have installed 3.0 CRM VPC and started playing around with the Adventure works sample database. There are so many features and functions that I find it hard to find a starting point. I also have very limited experience with CRM software. Are there are guides are walkthrough available to getting started? Thanks. JN If you are a partner with access to Hands On Labs, there are some sales courses for 1.2 that would give you a good idea of how CRM can be used. -- Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "JN" wrote: > Hi All, > > I have installed 3.0 ...

Deactivate MS GP
Hello everyone We are in the process of migrating our data from MS Great Plains to Dynamics AX. Once is all converted we still need to keep GP at least read only for about 7 years I was wondering if anyone has any idea what steps should I take to decommission GP. -- villica I would setup one user class called 'Inquiry Only', set security settings for this class so that only Inquiry and Reports can be accessed, then assign all users to the Inquiry class. Hope this helps, Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com ge...

Create a SQL Server 2005 store on MS POS 2.0
I don't see how to create a SQL Server 2005 store on a remote computer using MS POS 2.0? Can you do this? Let us assume that I am installing POS on Machine1 and want to create a DB on Machine2 then certainly it is not possible. On the contrary you can create a DB on Machine2 and can connect to that database from Machine1. During the Getting Started Wizard on Machine1 specify "I already have a database" and then specify the machine name, port and the DB name. This way you'll be able to use a DB on a remote machine. --------------- Manoj Kumar ...

Help for upgrade process from GP 7.5 to GP 10.0
Hi All, I have recently completed my certification in GP 10.0 Inventory. I've managed to get some hands-on experience with the product. There is a requirement from a client for upgrading his system from GP 7.5 to GP 10.0. The client happens to be from the hospitality industry. Could someone guide me on this? I would also greatly appreciate if anyone could point to blogs and articles on the subject. Many Thanks, Sadique Sadique, Mariano Gomez's blog is a good place to start: http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com/2008/10/dynamics-gp-upgrade-path.html. -- Victoria Yudin Dynam...