GP 10 sometimes becomes slow to the point of virtually freezing

Hi,

Sometimes a GP client will start running painfully slow to the point where
everything keeps turning white and nothing comes up and even closing it will
prompt windows saying its "not responding" and will close finally after about
a minute of waiting. This particular client has 4gb of RAM as does the
Server. Waiting and restarting the computer makes it work okay again? Any
guesses as to why?

Raf
UPC
0
Raf (21)

I would start by checking to make sure you are not running a DEXSQL.LOG. Exit
GP and locate your DEX.INI file and search for the entries:

SQLLogSQLStmt=TRUE
SQLLogODBCMessages=TRUE
SQLLogAllODBCMessages=TRUE

If these happen to be set to TRUE as indicated above, it means you are
running a DEXSQL.LOG. You will then need to change these values to false, as
follow:

SQLLogSQLStmt=FALSE
SQLLogODBCMessages=FALSE
SQLLogAllODBCMessages=FALSE

You will then have to locate the DEXSQL.LOG file and delete to free up disk
space.

Best regards,
--
MG.-
Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP

"Raf" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Sometimes a GP client will start running painfully slow to the point where
> everything keeps turning white and nothing comes up and even closing it will
> prompt windows saying its "not responding" and will close finally after about
> a minute of waiting. This particular client has 4gb of RAM as does the
> Server. Waiting and restarting the computer makes it work okay again? Any
> guesses as to why?
>
> Raf
> UPC
0
MarianoGomez (3440)
4/17/2009 11:25:01 PM
Dear Raf

Besides what Mariano suggested, I'd also delete the Autocomplete
entries, if any on the system. Possible reasons might also the slow
performance of your network which connects the clients to GP Server.
It might also include some customizations which you have done and
placed on network drive.

Please check if this issue is with respect to all clients or happening
to one specific client.

It might also be a reason that the user on the client is trying to do
multiple processes in GP at the same time in which case, please allow
GP to do the process. If you have multiple process and the transaction
load is heavy, You could look to enable DPS.

Thanks

Janakiram M.P.

On Apr 18, 2:25=A0am, Mariano Gomez
<MarianoGo...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> I would start by checking to make sure you are not running a DEXSQL.LOG. =
Exit
> GP and locate your DEX.INI file and search for the entries:
>
> SQLLogSQLStmt=3DTRUE
> SQLLogODBCMessages=3DTRUE
> SQLLogAllODBCMessages=3DTRUE
>
> If these happen to be set to TRUE as indicated above, it means you are
> running a DEXSQL.LOG. You will then need to change these values to false,=
 as
> follow:
>
> SQLLogSQLStmt=3DFALSE
> SQLLogODBCMessages=3DFALSE
> SQLLogAllODBCMessages=3DFALSE
>
> You will then have to locate the DEXSQL.LOG file and delete to free up di=
sk
> space.
>
> Best regards,
> --
> MG.-
> Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> Maximum Global Business, LLChttp://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
> The Dynamics GP Blogster athttp://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com
>

> "Raf" wrote:
> > Hi,
>
> > Sometimes a GP client will start running painfully slow to the point wh=
ere
> > everything keeps turning white and nothing comes up and even closing it=
 will
> > prompt windows saying its "not responding" and will close finally after=
 about
> > a minute of waiting. This particular client has 4gb of RAM as does the
> > Server. Waiting and restarting the computer makes it work okay again? A=
ny
> > guesses as to why?
>
> > Raf
> > UPC- Hide quoted text -

janakirammp (688)
4/18/2009 7:50:20 AM
Do you have any shared Dic files?

Jim

On Apr 17, 3:21=A0pm, Raf <R...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Sometimes a GP client will start running painfully slow to the point wher=
> everything keeps turning white and nothing comes up and even closing it w=
ill
> prompt windows saying its "not responding" and will close finally after a=
bout
> a minute of waiting. This particular client has 4gb of RAM as does the
> Server. Waiting and restarting the computer makes it work okay again? Any
> guesses as to why?
>
> Raf
> UPC

0
jhummer26 (50)
4/18/2009 5:59:53 PM
There are so many things to check....

In addition to the other suggestions.......

Disk drive space?  you should have at least 20%

How long has it been since the WS was rebooted when GP slows?  What is the
free or available memory in the WS when GP hangs?

Are other tasks running on the WS prior to the reboot that are taking CPU
time?

--
Richard L. Whaley
Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008

http://www.AccoladePublications.com

"Raf" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Sometimes a GP client will start running painfully slow to the point where
> everything keeps turning white and nothing comes up and even closing it will
> prompt windows saying its "not responding" and will close finally after about
> a minute of waiting. This particular client has 4gb of RAM as does the
> Server. Waiting and restarting the computer makes it work okay again? Any
> guesses as to why?
>
> Raf
> UPC
0
info4071 (3004)

Going Live with GP

Decimal point vs comma
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) when entering normal numbers in cells using decimal point it will not autosum. by using a comma in place of decimal point no problem. i must have a setting wrong The "wrong setting" most likely is in your OS X System Preferences. Go to the 'Language & Text' Preferences & adjust your 'Region' and/or 'Numbers' formats. Excel will pick up on the changes when you next launch it. HTH |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 4/3/10 2:03 PM, in article 59bb66c1.-1@webcrossing.JaKI...

Migrating data from GP to GP

GP concurrent user and SQL 2005 CAL

If statement #10
Could someone help me write an if statement saying that if the current cell has no data in it to place a o in the cell but if there is a number do nothing. Thank you "Jeremy" <Jeremy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7137C258-4568-49D2-B699-3C0D35D4E0DE@microsoft.com... > Could someone help me write an if statement saying that if the current cell > has no data in it to place a o in the cell but if there is a number do > nothing. > > Thank you =if(a1="",o,a1) is [basically] what you want but will most likely produce a looping error. I...

PowerPoint 2007 freezes/superslow
Hi, We just installed Windows Office 2007. Some of our PowerPoint Presentation was created in 2003. In one of the 2003 presentation it hangs on the 19th slide when it is run on PowerPoint 2007. The 19th slide just have a simple slide animation which relatively takes a very long time to run in PowerPoint 2007. Slow to a point it freezes for minutes. SP2 and enough memory is installed. ...

Fabrication and GP

Upgrading from GP 9 to GP 10

GP 9 Upgrade and SQL Server 2000 sp4

Payroll GP 10.0

MS CRM integration to GP
Hello Can any one update me wheather the mutiple company databases can be integrated to MSCRM. The senario is this. a company has mutiple entities using GP 7.5 and unique sql databases,require to integrate mscrm with gp. The integration that is supplied by MS only allows you to integrate with 1 company DB. You could probably use some of the components that are provided, but you will need to develop some of the integration logic yourself to address this. Matt On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 05:34:31 -0800, "ramki@loayoman.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello &g...

error in GP
When I try to generate a Historical Aged Trial Balance my computer freezes then gives me this error message. "The stored procedure pmHistoricalAgedTrialBalance returned the following results DBMS:208, GP:0 This is path I use to get to the report: Reports/Purchasing/Trial Balance/Historical Aged Trial Balance. We have been having problems with other reports because of the change from 2005 to 2006. I appreciate the assistance. ------=_NextPart_0001_AF5FCF35 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Jason, This is Lisa. Thank you for your inquiry on the Historica...

program freezes after saving
I have publisher 2003 and every time I publish my website it freezes when its saving. Also my pictures won't show up on the website when it doesn't freeze. What should I do? Try posting your question in the following newsgroup: "publisher.webdesign" http://tinyurl.com/2rhz7 -- John Inzer "Nicole" <Nicole@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:657169E5-E275-46CA-8021-142FACB9E77C@microsoft.com... >I have publisher 2003 and every time I publish my website it freezes when >its > saving. Also my pictures won't show up on the we...

GP General Ledger Distribution Reference Field Length
Is there a way of expanding the field length of the Distribution Reference field beyond 30 characters? No, I'm afraid it is not possible. "Pam" <Pam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6D76FF64-76BE-4FCE-812F-2AC8519BAB4D@microsoft.com... : Is there a way of expanding the field length of the Distribution Reference : field beyond 30 characters? Just curious, why do you need a longer field length - for drill down purposes or for report printing purposes? "Pam" wrote: > Is there a way of expanding the field length of the Distribution Refer...

Business Portal (BP) and Great Plains (GP)
We do not have all the fields in the Ledger Transaction Summary History Table (BP) available as we do in the Account Transaction table in GP i.e. can't find TRX Date in BP but have it GP. Is there any control when installing the BP software with respect to what fields for a table will be displayed and can be used in constructing queries in BP? How do we get access to additional fields in BP? Kimmer, Thanks for using the newsgroups. The Ledger Transaction Summary History entity maps to the Account Summary History table. The Account Transaction History table is not exposed th...

Slow to retrieve messages
Windows mail is very slow to retrieve messages and sometimes I am unable to get mail because it times out. I do not have a memory or space problem. Message could not be displayed Windows Mail encountered an unexpected problem while displaying this message. Check your computer for low memory or low disk space and try again. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Windows Mail -- Patty Dallaire pattydallaire@gmail.com Your antivirus software could be interfering. See point 3 here: = www.oehelp.com/OETips.aspx#3 ...

Feedback on GP Time and Attendance
I am looking for some feedback on GP 9 / BP 3 version of Time and Attendance. We are using non Payroll, Canadian version, of GP Time and Attendance and we are experiencing many limitations. What is your experience with this product? Any other similar product you'd recommend? Thanks in advance, Bruno ...

I want to know GP Tables Definitions
I need to know the tables for the window general transaction entry in GL Carmencite: Go Tools>Resource Descriptions>Windows. Select Product/Series/View By. You'll be able to see all the tables associated with a specific window. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com blog: www.gp2themax.blogspot.com Carmencita, In addition you may want to check David Musgrave's article on resources at http://blogs.msdn.com/developingfordynamicsgp/archive/2008/10/05/finding-table-and-field-information-in-microsoft-dynamics-gp.aspx Best regards, -- M...

every cell is freezing up with touch of the mouse HELP!!??
Not always but more often than not whenever I open up a spreadsheet if I just click one cell every cell that pass over will turn black. I am then frozen on that page. I can move the mouse up or down left and right highlighting rows and colums as I go. I cannot get to the tool bar, I cannot close out the program normaly. The only way I can close out is by Ctrl Alt Delete. This happens whether it is an existing file or a new page. ANY THOUGHTS ? This may sound odd Jim, but perhaps when you click on the mouse the button is sticking down, hence things are still highlighting when you move...

Input Mask 02-12-10
Hi what format do you think a form input mask should be to accomodate the following record formats: 1234-11 (4 digits, dash, 2 digits) 12345-11(5 digits, dash, 2 digits) A1234 (1 Letter, 4 digits) Thanks M. ...

ROYAL STYLE #10 BELTS (2)PK
List Price:$3.95 Image: http://bestdeallocator.info/image.php?id=B0015OMZLM Best price found: http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B0015OMZLM ROYAL STYLE #10 BELTS (2)PK ...

Deactivate MS GP
Hello everyone We are in the process of migrating our data from MS Great Plains to Dynamics AX. Once is all converted we still need to keep GP at least read only for about 7 years I was wondering if anyone has any idea what steps should I take to decommission GP. -- villica I would setup one user class called 'Inquiry Only', set security settings for this class so that only Inquiry and Reports can be accessed, then assign all users to the Inquiry class. Hope this helps, Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com ge...

power point to flash format
I am looking for power point to flash solution I have found this one http://ppt2flashsdk.com/ Did anybody used it? ...

Help for upgrade process from GP 7.5 to GP 10.0
Hi All, I have recently completed my certification in GP 10.0 Inventory. I've managed to get some hands-on experience with the product. There is a requirement from a client for upgrading his system from GP 7.5 to GP 10.0. The client happens to be from the hospitality industry. Could someone guide me on this? I would also greatly appreciate if anyone could point to blogs and articles on the subject. Many Thanks, Sadique Sadique, Mariano Gomez's blog is a good place to start: http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com/2008/10/dynamics-gp-upgrade-path.html. -- Victoria Yudin Dynam...