GP 10 payroll direct deposit

In processing this first payroll in 2010, I am getting an exception on the
print checks screen when I process the direct deposit.  Everything went ok
through the build and calculate but when I process the direct deposit it
gives me an exception report on  3 employees.  Exception #2 - amount deducted
but not deposited.  These 3 are all on total direct deposit so it not a
linked deduction.  Everything I find in techknowledge suggests it is a link
or sequence problem which would have to be a deduction deposit. All the other
employees are processing correctly so it is just 3 out of approx 300 records.
  Has anyone had this occur and found a way to correct it.  I have sent in a
support request but would appreciate any ideas if you have experienced this.

We had a problem with some direct deposit entries that had been made
inactive, but not deleted.  I seemed like GP was still trying to use them.
We deleted the direct deposit entry and then the errors went away.

"Eleanor@fac" wrote:

> In processing this first payroll in 2010, I am getting an exception on the
> print checks screen when I process the direct deposit.  Everything went ok
> through the build and calculate but when I process the direct deposit it
> gives me an exception report on  3 employees.  Exception #2 - amount deducted
> but not deposited.  These 3 are all on total direct deposit so it not a
> linked deduction.  Everything I find in techknowledge suggests it is a link
> or sequence problem which would have to be a deduction deposit. All the other
> employees are processing correctly so it is just 3 out of approx 300 records.
>   Has anyone had this occur and found a way to correct it.  I have sent in a
> support request but would appreciate any ideas if you have experienced this.

Going Live with GP

Migrating data from GP to GP

Payroll Trigger
I have written a SQL trigger to alert me on updates to UPR00400. Everything works fine and updates through Great Plains or through SQL trigger an email. I have one annoyance that may not have a solution but it's worth asking. In testing, when updating a paycode in GP, the new amount also rolls down to OT, Leave, etc. for that userID (which it should do, of course). I get multiple trigger emails (12 total). I suspect that this is because of the way GP updates the table with stored procedures, one record at a time. In this case, I just need the last one. I am using an "After UPD...

GP concurrent user and SQL 2005 CAL

If statement #10
Could someone help me write an if statement saying that if the current cell has no data in it to place a o in the cell but if there is a number do nothing. Thank you "Jeremy" <Jeremy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7137C258-4568-49D2-B699-3C0D35D4E0DE@microsoft.com... > Could someone help me write an if statement saying that if the current cell > has no data in it to place a o in the cell but if there is a number do > nothing. > > Thank you =if(a1="",o,a1) is [basically] what you want but will most likely produce a looping error. I...

Fabrication and GP

Upgrading from GP 9 to GP 10

GP 9 Upgrade and SQL Server 2000 sp4

Payroll GP 10.0

MS CRM integration to GP
Hello Can any one update me wheather the mutiple company databases can be integrated to MSCRM. The senario is this. a company has mutiple entities using GP 7.5 and unique sql databases,require to integrate mscrm with gp. The integration that is supplied by MS only allows you to integrate with 1 company DB. You could probably use some of the components that are provided, but you will need to develop some of the integration logic yourself to address this. Matt On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 05:34:31 -0800, "ramki@loayoman.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello &g...

error in GP
When I try to generate a Historical Aged Trial Balance my computer freezes then gives me this error message. "The stored procedure pmHistoricalAgedTrialBalance returned the following results DBMS:208, GP:0 This is path I use to get to the report: Reports/Purchasing/Trial Balance/Historical Aged Trial Balance. We have been having problems with other reports because of the change from 2005 to 2006. I appreciate the assistance. ------=_NextPart_0001_AF5FCF35 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Jason, This is Lisa. Thank you for your inquiry on the Historica...

GP General Ledger Distribution Reference Field Length
Is there a way of expanding the field length of the Distribution Reference field beyond 30 characters? No, I'm afraid it is not possible. "Pam" <Pam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6D76FF64-76BE-4FCE-812F-2AC8519BAB4D@microsoft.com... : Is there a way of expanding the field length of the Distribution Reference : field beyond 30 characters? Just curious, why do you need a longer field length - for drill down purposes or for report printing purposes? "Pam" wrote: > Is there a way of expanding the field length of the Distribution Refer...

Is it really an "Direct Push" or does it still use SMS to start ActiveSync?
I recently had the chance to demo the new T-Mobile MDA. This was my first testing with Exchange 2003 SP2 and the email push capability. When I was setting up the device, it went smoothly, then after the first sync with the server, it said that I was able to sync as new items arrived. I was prompted to enter the carrier info for text messages (basically they wanted the number to the phone). This makes me think that I'm not really getting a per message "push" as we see with RIM devices, but it still just looks like I'm getting a "hidden" SMS message telling my devi...

Business Portal (BP) and Great Plains (GP)
We do not have all the fields in the Ledger Transaction Summary History Table (BP) available as we do in the Account Transaction table in GP i.e. can't find TRX Date in BP but have it GP. Is there any control when installing the BP software with respect to what fields for a table will be displayed and can be used in constructing queries in BP? How do we get access to additional fields in BP? Kimmer, Thanks for using the newsgroups. The Ledger Transaction Summary History entity maps to the Account Summary History table. The Account Transaction History table is not exposed th...

Feedback on GP Time and Attendance
I am looking for some feedback on GP 9 / BP 3 version of Time and Attendance. We are using non Payroll, Canadian version, of GP Time and Attendance and we are experiencing many limitations. What is your experience with this product? Any other similar product you'd recommend? Thanks in advance, Bruno ...

I want to know GP Tables Definitions
I need to know the tables for the window general transaction entry in GL Carmencite: Go Tools>Resource Descriptions>Windows. Select Product/Series/View By. You'll be able to see all the tables associated with a specific window. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com blog: www.gp2themax.blogspot.com Carmencita, In addition you may want to check David Musgrave's article on resources at http://blogs.msdn.com/developingfordynamicsgp/archive/2008/10/05/finding-table-and-field-information-in-microsoft-dynamics-gp.aspx Best regards, -- M...

Input Mask 02-12-10
Hi what format do you think a form input mask should be to accomodate the following record formats: 1234-11 (4 digits, dash, 2 digits) 12345-11(5 digits, dash, 2 digits) A1234 (1 Letter, 4 digits) Thanks M. ...

ROYAL STYLE #10 BELTS (2)PK
List Price:$3.95 Image: http://bestdeallocator.info/image.php?id=B0015OMZLM Best price found: http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B0015OMZLM ROYAL STYLE #10 BELTS (2)PK ...

Deactivate MS GP
Hello everyone We are in the process of migrating our data from MS Great Plains to Dynamics AX. Once is all converted we still need to keep GP at least read only for about 7 years I was wondering if anyone has any idea what steps should I take to decommission GP. -- villica I would setup one user class called 'Inquiry Only', set security settings for this class so that only Inquiry and Reports can be accessed, then assign all users to the Inquiry class. Hope this helps, Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com ge...

Help for upgrade process from GP 7.5 to GP 10.0
Hi All, I have recently completed my certification in GP 10.0 Inventory. I've managed to get some hands-on experience with the product. There is a requirement from a client for upgrading his system from GP 7.5 to GP 10.0. The client happens to be from the hospitality industry. Could someone guide me on this? I would also greatly appreciate if anyone could point to blogs and articles on the subject. Many Thanks, Sadique Sadique, Mariano Gomez's blog is a good place to start: http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com/2008/10/dynamics-gp-upgrade-path.html. -- Victoria Yudin Dynam...

GP
Dynamic security console is corrupted or have invalid data. How to solve this issue It would help if you let us know how and when you get this error (as in doing exactly what). Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com "Riju" wrote: > Dynamic security console is corrupted or have invalid data. > > How to solve this issue ...

Windows Media Player 12 01-07-10
I can't copy a CD to the library. I receive a message saying: It is not possible to access the file. Maybe the file is in use, maybe you don't have access to the computer where the file is in or your proxy configurations are not correct. How can I solve this problem? On Thu, 7 Jan 2010 07:26:01 -0800, Ricardo Silveira <Ricardo Silveira@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I can't copy a CD to the library. > >I receive a message saying: > >It is not possible to access the file. Maybe the file is in use, maybe you >don't have acces...

How do you accept deposits on Back Orders?
If I want to sell an item that will go on Back Order, how can I take a full deposit on the sale? When I try to make a sale where a few of the items where placed on Back Order, the Tender window only allows me to accept the exact amount of the items that where available in the store inventory at that moment the sale was taking place. How can I accept the full or partial amount of the entire sale including the Back Order Items? -- Microsoft Partner Never mind, I found it. Its in the Configuration and Options under POS options "Yaniv Zahavi" wrote: > If I want to sell a...

Stationery 06-15-10
I have just changed over to Windows Live Mail from O/E, everything is fine except I am unable to use the stationery provided. I can get the stationery into the e-mail with no problem but as soon as I save it to Drafts or send it, there is no stationery on the e-mail, just a white page with my text. Hmmm, what am I doing wrong please? -- OK, I have solved this problem, take the tick out of block HTML content under the security tab. In doing this it takes the tick out of all my e-mail accounts. Is there any way to have each account with it's own individual settings? -- ...