GP 10 new install (trial) - bcp/utilities error

Hello,

I installed a trial version of GP 10 on a standalone PC to evaluate it.
Install seems to complete without problem (includes SQL 2005 install) but
when I first want to run Utilities I get an error message " an error occurred
while using the bcp utility - data was not correctly copied to the server..."
It says it's either a BCP install or ODBC issue. Re-installed everything,
same result. Would anybody have a clue?
0
HAL1 (16)

This problem occurs if the User Account Control (UAC) feature is enabled in
Windows Vista. However, you must disable the UAC feature if you want to run
Microsoft Dynamics GP on a computer that is running Windows Vista.

To resolve this problem, disable the UAC feature. To do this, follow these
steps:
1. Click Start, click Control Panel, and then click User Accounts.
2. Click Turn User Account Control on or off.
3. Under Turn on User Account Control (UAC) to make your computer more
secure, clear the Use User Account Control (UAC) to help protect your
computer check box.
4. Click OK.
5. When you are prompted, restart the computer

Hope this helps, rc

"Hal" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I installed a trial version of GP 10 on a standalone PC to evaluate it.
> Install seems to complete without problem (includes SQL 2005 install) but
> when I first want to run Utilities I get an error message " an error occurred
> while using the bcp utility - data was not correctly copied to the server..."
> It says it's either a BCP install or ODBC issue. Re-installed everything,
> same result. Would anybody have a clue?
0
RC (240)

Going Live with GP

Bugs & Errors
Hi, I think I can say that I am a power user of WMP 11 after having organized 135.000+ songs. I have noticed some bugs and/or errors. for many of them I haveh work arounds as well. Any idea where I could post this in an attempt to get this better with a future release and to see if there is solutions that I do not know about? Joost Since WMP12 is out, I suspect the general development on WMP11 is "complete", minus things that sustained engineering deems necessary/critical. So: if it's really a WMP11 issue, actual support might be the best path. Depending...

Migrating data from GP to GP

GP concurrent user and SQL 2005 CAL

Force default view for new users
Hello, Exchange 2003 SP1, Outlook XP. Each time we create a new user we would like that by default all the folders get displayed when he logs in (at least at the first logon). Any idea ? Is it a registry key ? Or a group policy ? Thanks for your help ! Regards, Luuke It is possible to force Outlook to open with a particular navigation = pane displayed, by adding this registry entry and setting the = appropriate value: =20 Key: = HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Outlook\Options\WunderBa= r Value name: BootModule Value type: REG_DWORD Value: 0 to show the Mail folder...

stop error message
downloaded new microsoft updates today including several drivers. system will not boot. get stop error message ...

Re-Installing Excell 2000 on new computer
I purchased Excell 2000 and installed on Dell 8200 w/windows ME. Hard drive crashed. Aquired new Dell 8300 w/ windows XP. Trying to install but windows will not except product key. "Can't find previously installed program on system". Any help would be greatly appreciated. You are presumably using an Upgrade version which requires that you ca prove ownership of a prior version. You can use any setup disk (CD o floppy disk 1) containing a qualifying Microsoft product and refer th new setup to that. I think you get the option to browse with the "no found" message...

If statement #10
Could someone help me write an if statement saying that if the current cell has no data in it to place a o in the cell but if there is a number do nothing. Thank you "Jeremy" <Jeremy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7137C258-4568-49D2-B699-3C0D35D4E0DE@microsoft.com... > Could someone help me write an if statement saying that if the current cell > has no data in it to place a o in the cell but if there is a number do > nothing. > > Thank you =if(a1="",o,a1) is [basically] what you want but will most likely produce a looping error. I...

Recreate a new PST file
Hi folks, A friend of mine seems to have a corrupted Outlook setup. His 500Mb or so PST file appears twice on the left-hand pane, and when he tries to view properties on either of them he gets an error. I've verified for sure that only one PST file physically exists on the PC. This also causes problems with his address book, and he gets an error when he tries to access it. Although he can cancel this and then it works. I've tried moving the PST file, but when Outlook starts it cannot find it (of course) and exits. It doesn't give the option to create a new PST file. I was ...

Automaticaly reading in NEW emails
Hello All, I have searched high and low and I can not seem to find anything to do this. Is it possible to have CRM read in new emails automatically using a contract number as a pre-defined requirement. For example. John has a contract number 0123654 and wishes to send an email. I want CRM to pick out the standard field CONTRACT NUMBER: 0123654 and assign it directly to the Case queue. Thank you Richard There is no supported way to do this. The email router is a closed module and you have no control over it like this. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------...

Fabrication and GP

Installing MSCRMv3 SBE in a non-SBS scenario
Is it possible to install Microsoft CRM 3.0 Small Business Edition onto a setup where Small Business Server Premium does NOT exist, and where fully licensed products of Windows 2003, MSSQL and Exchange Server are present? If this is possible (technically), are there license restrictions on the CRM Licensing side? TIA CRM v3.0 SBS Edition is written specifically for SBS Server and will not install on any other version of Windows Server. It has hooks for things like faxing, etc... Don't know about the license restrictions, but I am sure they are in the fine print someplace. hth &...

Error: "Unable to open your default e-mail folders. The microsoft exchange server is unavailable"
Hi: I have a user on our exchange 2003 sp1 system who is receiving the above error when trying to connect to his mailbox. He is able to connect in OWA. I gave myself rights on his mailbox and set up a new profile on my machine (xp, office 2003) and connected fine. I then logged in as his account on my machine, set up a profile and tried to open outlook and received the error above. Any ideas. Not seeing this exact error on the microsoft site or google groups. ...

Unable to install 11.3.6 update...
This is really odd. When I try to install the 11.3.6 update for Office Mac (either from auto update or from download on Microsoft website), I get the standard error that I don't have the correct version installed. I have verified from the Read Me file as the error message says that I do have version 11.3.5 installed. I've verified my specs. Here are my specs: PowerBook G4 1.25 Mhz Mac OS 10.4.10 Office 2004 11.3.5 The only thing the Read Me recommends to do is to trash Office and reinstall from the disk and reapply updates. I REALLY don't want to have to do that. Any ideas o...

Notify new mails in OWA
outlook web access: I want to be alerted when new mail arrives. Must I configure internet explorer settings? thank you -- Dambo In news:202E8B5B-0D17-44F8-97FA-A69657035C44@microsoft.com, Damb0 <Damb0@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > outlook web access: I want to be alerted when new mail arrives. > > Must I configure internet explorer settings? > > thank you What version of Exchange? OWA for E2000 and 2003 should already have this working. E2003 with no sp1 -- Dambo "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" wrote: > In news:202E8B5B-0D17-44F8-97FA-A69657035...

Automation Error POS
On one of our registers we are experencing an automatin error as follows: Runtime Error -21474178(80010108)' Automation Error the Object invoked has disconnected from it's Client. We get this error in POS when we attempt to either reprint a receipt or display the Journal. all other commands work fine. I have removed RMS and reinstalled the RMS. but still get the error. I did not remove and reinstall the sql server This may be in the OPOS printer drivers - try reinstalling them. Also, check the register settings in SO Manager - do you have 2 POS printers assigned? If s...

GP 9 Upgrade and SQL Server 2000 sp4

Upgrading from GP 9 to GP 10

Payroll GP 10.0

Sample Data install
Got CRM up and running okay. Added a few records but then decided to take the tutorial and so load the sample data. Followed the instructions located @ http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/mscrm/mscrm1/maintain/20_samdb.mspx There were no errors whilst following these instructions. Now the system appears to have no data present, though the databse appears to still contain the records I had previously created. Any idea how I access the sample database? Thanks Thanks Lonny We did have five users available in AD and did not get the message that the system was overwriting...

MS Money 2006 from old computer to new with Vista
I currently have MS Money 2006 on an old computer. I have purchased a new PC with Vista. I have also purchased new MS Money 2007 on CD. What is the best way for me to proceed in loading MS Money 2007 onto the PC with Vista, and to get my old Money files. Do I load Money 2207 software and then transfer .mny file, or should I trnasfer .mny file and then load Money 2007? The order probably doesn't matter. Since it's a new machine and a new Money install, it will have no knowledge of "most recently used" files. Note that some of your settings will also not transfer in the...

MS CRM integration to GP
Hello Can any one update me wheather the mutiple company databases can be integrated to MSCRM. The senario is this. a company has mutiple entities using GP 7.5 and unique sql databases,require to integrate mscrm with gp. The integration that is supplied by MS only allows you to integrate with 1 company DB. You could probably use some of the components that are provided, but you will need to develop some of the integration logic yourself to address this. Matt On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 05:34:31 -0800, "ramki@loayoman.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello &g...

Security Update for Windows Server 2003 (KB956744) Cannot Install.
For Windows Server 2003. This is a standard Windows Update that I try to install but get a message that it failed to install. I can't find any source to tell me why it won't or what I can do about it. I am not getting an error code of any sort - it is just listed under "not installed" when I get my update installation screen at the end of the installs. Can anyone help please? I downloaded the update manually from: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=a37a2d8a-a5ce-4f06-bf07-8cafa16e7a59&displaylang=en Ran it, and then ran Check U...

error in Microsoft outlook
Hi, when i close outlook i get an error " the instruction at0x602813cb refered mempory at 0x602813cb, the memory could not beread,clickto terminate the program" Please suggess me What version of Outlook and what type of service are you running? Exchange, POP3, IMAP, HTTP, other... -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tips of the month: -Create your own fully customized Toolbar -Creating a Classic View in Outlook 2003 Subscribe to the newsletter to receive news and tips & t...