GP 10 fails to store menu toolbar locations

GP version 10.00.1237 Standard

The menu/toolbar fails to keep the menu options and buttons in the location
I put them in and then lock the toolbars. Sometimes they work, but other
times if I work on other programs while GP is starting up after selecting my
company to work in when I return to GP the menu is all rearranged, but is
still locked.

I searched and there was one question directly relating to this and another
that references locking the "toolbar", but neither really address the issue
or offer a solution.

Does anybody from Microsoft have a solution to this problem or is it a user
interface problem that we just have to accept and overcome?

It should be a simple "fix" and not a table setting or other programming
setting. There should be a "hot fix" that turns the toolbar into a true life
menu bar and keeps the menu options where users put them.

Hopefully somebody has a "simple" solution for this. It's beyond annoying
for me and several of my heavy users. Up to this point I have just listened
to their complaints, but now it's time to resolve the issues and move on.

0
GBT2112 (10)

Do you have a Debug menu option in your menu bar? If so, you may need to
disable the Script Debugger by editing your DEX.INI file. Take a look at my
article at
http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com/2008/08/dexterity-bug-scriptdebugger-dexini.html for more information.

Best regards,
--
MG.-
Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP

"GBT2112" wrote:

> GP version 10.00.1237 Standard
>
> The menu/toolbar fails to keep the menu options and buttons in the location
> I put them in and then lock the toolbars. Sometimes they work, but other
> times if I work on other programs while GP is starting up after selecting my
> company to work in when I return to GP the menu is all rearranged, but is
> still locked.
>
> I searched and there was one question directly relating to this and another
> that references locking the "toolbar", but neither really address the issue
> or offer a solution.
>
> Does anybody from Microsoft have a solution to this problem or is it a user
> interface problem that we just have to accept and overcome?
>
> It should be a simple "fix" and not a table setting or other programming
> setting. There should be a "hot fix" that turns the toolbar into a true life
> menu bar and keeps the menu options where users put them.
>
> Hopefully somebody has a "simple" solution for this. It's beyond annoying
> for me and several of my heavy users. Up to this point I have just listened
> to their complaints, but now it's time to resolve the issues and move on.

0
MarianoGomez (3440)
1/30/2009 12:31:01 AM
No, we do not have a debug menu option, nor do we have any debug enabled.

My standard menu is: (Left to Right)
GP Button, Transactions, Inquiry, Reports, Cards, Smartlist Icon, Financial
Icons

More often than not when the toolbar jumbles up the GP Button appears to be
the last thing to load and is 2-3 lines down and to the right of anything
else loaded on that level. Even though the GP button is loaded first it ends
up being the last thing in sequence.

This is only noticed when closing and reopening and can happen same day or
during the overnight so I can't tell if there is a "process" running to
change the database settings since it seems to happen at any random time if
closed during the day for some reason.

This is noticed on Vista machines AND XP machines so it is NOT OS dependent.

Interesting line in your post though, and I’m not sure if only applies to
the debugger, but…

“This has been identified as a bug in the Dexterity runtime engine, but has
certainly not made it into Microsoft list of fix priorities.”

Thanks for your reply.
0
GBT2112 (10)
1/30/2009 1:49:01 PM
Are you operating in a multi-server configuration?  Is one of them a Terminal
Server?
--
Richard L. Whaley
Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008

http://www.AccoladePublications.com

"GBT2112" wrote:

> No, we do not have a debug menu option, nor do we have any debug enabled.
>
> My standard menu is: (Left to Right)
> GP Button, Transactions, Inquiry, Reports, Cards, Smartlist Icon, Financial
> Icons
>
> More often than not when the toolbar jumbles up the GP Button appears to be
> the last thing to load and is 2-3 lines down and to the right of anything
> else loaded on that level. Even though the GP button is loaded first it ends
> up being the last thing in sequence.
>
> This is only noticed when closing and reopening and can happen same day or
> during the overnight so I can't tell if there is a "process" running to
> change the database settings since it seems to happen at any random time if
> closed during the day for some reason.
>
> This is noticed on Vista machines AND XP machines so it is NOT OS dependent.
>
> Interesting line in your post though, and I’m not sure if only applies to
> the debugger, but…
>
> “This has been identified as a bug in the Dexterity runtime engine, but has
> certainly not made it into Microsoft list of fix priorities.”
>
> Thanks for your reply.
0
info4071 (3004)
1/31/2009 10:02:01 PM
Richard,

No, we run single server. SBS2003 - SQL 2000 (8.00.2050)

Thanks for the reply.

"Richard Whaley -- MVP 2006-2008" wrote:

> Are you operating in a multi-server configuration?  Is one of them a Terminal
> Server?
> --
> Richard L. Whaley
> Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008
> Documentation for Software Users

> http://www.AccoladePublications.com

0
GBT2112 (10)

Going Live with GP

Auto Accept Agent scripts failing
I'm attempting to get resource booking running on our Exch2003 server and am having problems getting the registermailbox.vbs to run. I have created the resource mailboxes, tested the mailboxes by logging in to them and sending mail from them and opened each calendar, and installed the auto accept agent on our only Exchange server. Out of frustration, I've installed and uninstalled this a few times. I've tried using the local svc option and an account that I made a member of the exchange admins group. To cut to the chase, when ever I try to run the first script: registerm...

Migrating data from GP to GP

TELNET FAILS BUT MAIL ARRIVE
I've just installed exchange 2003 on Windows 2003. When I telnet port 25 it tells me it failed. Yet I can send and receive mail without any problem. Please help. I would check if you changed the IP on the SMTP Virtual Server. If so it will only answer on that. Its best to leave it at all unassigned. Either way make sure its All Unassigned and try: telnet localhost 25 -- Hope that helps, Dan Townsend This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send email to this address, post a reply to this newsgroup. Use of included script...

GP concurrent user and SQL 2005 CAL

If statement #10
Could someone help me write an if statement saying that if the current cell has no data in it to place a o in the cell but if there is a number do nothing. Thank you "Jeremy" <Jeremy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7137C258-4568-49D2-B699-3C0D35D4E0DE@microsoft.com... > Could someone help me write an if statement saying that if the current cell > has no data in it to place a o in the cell but if there is a number do > nothing. > > Thank you =if(a1="",o,a1) is [basically] what you want but will most likely produce a looping error. I...

InvokeHelper fails in other machine
Hi.. I am new in this group and will be thakfull u can give me a hand...well i have a ATL Service Windows..inside i have 5 threads...interacting with a fox dll... I use just 3 functions of this dll, and the interesting deal is that when i am in compile/debug mode in any PC, the functions work very well..but when i build the debug , release, or releasemindependency EXE and install it in any PC, second function throws an exception.. here i send the critical piece of code : COleDispatchDriver m_objVFP; COleException *e =3D new COleException; static BYTE parms1[] =3D VTS_BSTR; static BYTE par...

Fabrication and GP

Upgrading from GP 9 to GP 10

Money fails to load correctly....
I have seen a similar post before, but no solutions. This problem started about a week and a half ago (I think.) I had to install some Windows XP updates and afterwards, I noticed my Money was not working properly. I don't know for sure the updates are the cause, but I suspect they are. Anyone have a solution? Here is the problem: When I start Money,it just freezes up halfway through the loading process. The login screen is loaded a little bit (the title bar etc.) That's it. It freezes and nothing can be done. I have to hit CTRL+ALT+DEL to quit Money. Nothing works once ...

GP 9 Upgrade and SQL Server 2000 sp4

Payroll GP 10.0

Headers on Inbox toolbar
I recently converted to outlook 2003 from outlook that was uncluded with office xp. When I view my inbox the header and cloumn that shows who the E mail is from is now gone. How do I get this column to show up again? Thanks in advance for the help. Nelson Are you saying that the "From" column is missing and you only have the others such as, Subject, Received, Size, etc.......? If this is the case then you should be able to Right click on one of the column headers I listed and select "Field Chooser". Then find the From field in the Field Chooser and Left click and ...

MS CRM integration to GP
Hello Can any one update me wheather the mutiple company databases can be integrated to MSCRM. The senario is this. a company has mutiple entities using GP 7.5 and unique sql databases,require to integrate mscrm with gp. The integration that is supplied by MS only allows you to integrate with 1 company DB. You could probably use some of the components that are provided, but you will need to develop some of the integration logic yourself to address this. Matt On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 05:34:31 -0800, "ramki@loayoman.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello &g...

Deleting a Custom Shortcut Menu
I've created a few custom shortcut menu's in Access and I noticed a typo in the name of one of them. Maybe I'm missing something, but how do I rename a SHORTCUT MENU? (not a toolbar or menu bar...I realize there is a "Rename..." button for those) Also, for future reference, how do I delete custom shortcut menus that I've created? If I go to customize the toolbars and check "Shortcut Menus" (to show the shortcut menu bar) then go to the "Custom" button I can see the shortcut menus I've created and add/remove buttons to them. It even ...

error in GP
When I try to generate a Historical Aged Trial Balance my computer freezes then gives me this error message. "The stored procedure pmHistoricalAgedTrialBalance returned the following results DBMS:208, GP:0 This is path I use to get to the report: Reports/Purchasing/Trial Balance/Historical Aged Trial Balance. We have been having problems with other reports because of the change from 2005 to 2006. I appreciate the assistance. ------=_NextPart_0001_AF5FCF35 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Jason, This is Lisa. Thank you for your inquiry on the Historica...

GP General Ledger Distribution Reference Field Length
Is there a way of expanding the field length of the Distribution Reference field beyond 30 characters? No, I'm afraid it is not possible. "Pam" <Pam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6D76FF64-76BE-4FCE-812F-2AC8519BAB4D@microsoft.com... : Is there a way of expanding the field length of the Distribution Reference : field beyond 30 characters? Just curious, why do you need a longer field length - for drill down purposes or for report printing purposes? "Pam" wrote: > Is there a way of expanding the field length of the Distribution Refer...

Business Portal (BP) and Great Plains (GP)
We do not have all the fields in the Ledger Transaction Summary History Table (BP) available as we do in the Account Transaction table in GP i.e. can't find TRX Date in BP but have it GP. Is there any control when installing the BP software with respect to what fields for a table will be displayed and can be used in constructing queries in BP? How do we get access to additional fields in BP? Kimmer, Thanks for using the newsgroups. The Ledger Transaction Summary History entity maps to the Account Summary History table. The Account Transaction History table is not exposed th...

Feedback on GP Time and Attendance
I am looking for some feedback on GP 9 / BP 3 version of Time and Attendance. We are using non Payroll, Canadian version, of GP Time and Attendance and we are experiencing many limitations. What is your experience with this product? Any other similar product you'd recommend? Thanks in advance, Bruno ...

I want to know GP Tables Definitions
I need to know the tables for the window general transaction entry in GL Carmencite: Go Tools>Resource Descriptions>Windows. Select Product/Series/View By. You'll be able to see all the tables associated with a specific window. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com blog: www.gp2themax.blogspot.com Carmencita, In addition you may want to check David Musgrave's article on resources at http://blogs.msdn.com/developingfordynamicsgp/archive/2008/10/05/finding-table-and-field-information-in-microsoft-dynamics-gp.aspx Best regards, -- M...

ROYAL STYLE #10 BELTS (2)PK
List Price:$3.95 Image: http://bestdeallocator.info/image.php?id=B0015OMZLM Best price found: http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B0015OMZLM ROYAL STYLE #10 BELTS (2)PK ...

Input Mask 02-12-10
Hi what format do you think a form input mask should be to accomodate the following record formats: 1234-11 (4 digits, dash, 2 digits) 12345-11(5 digits, dash, 2 digits) A1234 (1 Letter, 4 digits) Thanks M. ...

Deactivate MS GP
Hello everyone We are in the process of migrating our data from MS Great Plains to Dynamics AX. Once is all converted we still need to keep GP at least read only for about 7 years I was wondering if anyone has any idea what steps should I take to decommission GP. -- villica I would setup one user class called 'Inquiry Only', set security settings for this class so that only Inquiry and Reports can be accessed, then assign all users to the Inquiry class. Hope this helps, Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com ge...

Help for upgrade process from GP 7.5 to GP 10.0
Hi All, I have recently completed my certification in GP 10.0 Inventory. I've managed to get some hands-on experience with the product. There is a requirement from a client for upgrading his system from GP 7.5 to GP 10.0. The client happens to be from the hospitality industry. Could someone guide me on this? I would also greatly appreciate if anyone could point to blogs and articles on the subject. Many Thanks, Sadique Sadique, Mariano Gomez's blog is a good place to start: http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com/2008/10/dynamics-gp-upgrade-path.html. -- Victoria Yudin Dynam...