GL20000 - DSCRIPTN or Reference Columns

Greetings -

I have a client that absolutely insists that She has ability from FRx Viewer
to see not only document numbers but CustomerID's or VendorID's.

In other words - telephone expenses are $10,000 - Viewer should show -
VendorID - Document Number and Amount. Std FRx does not include Vendor or
Customer Data.

I was checking the GL20000 table. I noticed that the Reference Column and
DSCRIPTN column could be updated with VendorID or CustomerID..(from the
ORMSTRID column of same table)

Question is.........

Will updating this table effect anything else in GP? YE processing for
example?

As you've noted, Vendor/Customer Name and IDs and document numbers are
stored in the ORxxxxxxx fields in GL20000 although these fields are
not exposed to the GL.  Entering these values in the Reference and
DSCRIPTN columns won't hurt a thing - they contain just text
references.

Frank Hamelly
MCP-GP, MCT, MVP
East Coast Dynamics
www.eastcoast-dynamics.com

get your GPtip42today at www.gp2themax.blogspot.com

0
Frank
6/28/2010 8:48:53 PM
I don't have but one version of FRx installed but the Original Master
ID/Original Master Name columns should be available for transaction reports.
--
Charles Allen, MVP

"Frank Hamelly, MCP-GP, MCT, MVP" wrote:

> As you've noted, Vendor/Customer Name and IDs and document numbers are
> stored in the ORxxxxxxx fields in GL20000 although these fields are
> not exposed to the GL.  Entering these values in the Reference and
> DSCRIPTN columns won't hurt a thing - they contain just text
> references.
>
> Frank Hamelly
> MCP-GP, MCT, MVP
> East Coast Dynamics
> www.eastcoast-dynamics.com
>
> get your GPtip42today at www.gp2themax.blogspot.com
>

> .

Reconcile GL20000 and RM30301?
I discovered that we have some records in the GL20000 table that don't have corresponding records in the RM30301 table. They relate to sales transactions that we think had issues when they were posted, so I'm guessing the process that would have updated the RM30301 table didn't complete properly. Is there any Reconcile routine that would fix this? -- Bud Cool, Accounting System Manager HDA, Inc. Hazelwood, MO GP 9.0, SP2 Have you run checklinks? Failing to post to the RM30301 wouldn't necessary impact GL. Do you see evidence of the transaction in the GL20000? I'v...

How to move text from Row to Column
How can I move text that are in rows to columns -- soddydj ------------------------------------------------------------------------ soddydj's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25714 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=392163 Hightlight the cells in the row and copy. Select the destination cell and Paste>Special and choose Transpose. Click OK Does this work for you? Bruce -- swatsp0p ------------------------------------------------------------------------ swatsp0p's Profile: http://www.excelforum.c...

References to Other Workbooks Don't Stick
Excel 2007 on Vista: When I add a reference (Visual Basic; Tools/References) to a workbook with VBA code, the macros become available and executable. When I try to exit from this workbook with the just-added reference, it tells me the workbook has been modified and prompts me to save it. But when I open it back up, the reference is gone. The same process worked fine on my old system with Excel 2000. What am I doing wrong? Are you saving the workbook with the reference added to it? I hope so, just had to ask. Add the reference like you said in the VBE then click the Save ...

How do I just get a cell reference when referring to a pivot tabl.
When I currently refer to a cell in the pivot table I get the whole "=Getpivot...."string while I used to get only a cell reference. Do you know what I do wrong. Thanks There are instructions here for adding the Generate GetPivotData button to a toolbar, and toggling the feature on and off: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot06.html Aad wrote: > When I currently refer to a cell in the pivot table I get the whole > "=Getpivot...."string while I used to get only a cell reference. > > Do you know what I do wrong. > > Thanks -- Debra Dalgleish ...

references rename!
I have a summary sheet which collects data from identical copies of a main scenario sheet. main is copied to main1, main2, main3 I build the references in this summary sheet as: 'main2'!cell_name When the main sheet is updated, the old copies of it are deleted and replace with the new main. In the mean time, Excel is busy nuking all the references it can no longer find. How do I tell it to stop doing this? "cate" wrote: > I have a summary sheet which collects data from identical copies of a > main scenario sheet. > > main is c...

Need more columns in Excel!
I need to insert more columns in Excel than what Exel will allow - is there a trick to add more than the limit? No, what you get is what you get. The only options are to split the data over multiple worksheets, or use another product. -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "sam" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7D780655-558E-4A1B-837B-BF6E9D1BF5B0@microsoft.com... > I need to insert more columns in Excel than what Exel will allow - is there a tric...

autonumber column in excel
Can anyone help me out? One column should auto number starting from 1 as I enter data on the second coulmn of the spread sheet. If you're going to enter data in Column B, starting in B2, Enter this formula in A2: =IF(B2<>"",ROW(A1),"") And copy down as needed. -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ============================================== "Shan" <Shan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3FF5354B-340F-4BFD-959B-5A6BE302580C@microsoft.c...

Column chart
I have a column chart. the value of one colulmn is 800 and other is 1000 units. I want to show 2 columns between the space of column A (800) and column B (1000) showing the growth of 100 units + 100 units (constituting 200 units difference between 800 and 1000). How can I do this in excel? ...

refer to data on multiple worksheets using hlookup/look up data on many worksheets?
Hi I have data on many worksheets in the same workbook. Is it possible to look up data on multiple worksheets using Hlookup, which means can the second argument in the formula refer to multiple sources? If it is not possible, is there any other way I can do so? I would like to select and display data according to a fixed order, whereby the data is located in one of many worksheets in the same workbook. For eg, I have stock returns of many firms in many worksheets. Say I would like to display in a single worksheet the returns of Firm D, Firm Z, Firm R; whereby the data of these 3 fir...

Recreate GL20000
I was trying to recreate GL20000 through SQL Maintenance but I encountered the ff. error: "The stored procedire GrantAccess() of form SQL Maintenance: 69 : Pass Through SQL returned the following results: DBMS: 10054, Great Plains: 0." After this, although GL20000 was recreated; it contained no primary keys. Please help 10054 is a SQL Server side error... "10054 Connection reset by peer" Looks like a connection problem. Try rerunning the procedure. -Mike -- Micheal LoPatriello Coordinator, Luna Development mlopat@lunadevelopment.com http://www.lunadevelopment.com...

All exel sheets opens as csv file in one column
I need help with exel opening as a csv file in one column all xls e-mail files i receive opens in column A as csv file. please hel -- Raee ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Raees's Profile: http://www.officehelp.in/member.php?userid=43 View this thread: http://www.officehelp.in/showthread.php?t=73197 Visit - http://www.officehelp.in | http://www.officehelp.in/archive/index.php | http://www.officehelp.in/index/index.ph You have at least three choices. #1. After your data is in column A, select column A and do: Data|Text to columns (and...

Change Column Heading Names
Is there a way to chage the column heading names in Excel from A,B,C, etc. to another name such as LastName, FirstName, etc.? Carl, You can't do what you want, but you can fool it. Type the headings in row 1. Hide the rows and coilumn headers (Tools>Options View tab and uncheck the Rows and Cilium headers checkbox. You could also change the colour of row 1. -- HTH Bob Phillips "Carl Jackson" <cjackson@rewardsplus.com> wrote in message news:044801c352ef$f13a7f70$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a way to chage the column heading names in Excel > from A,B,C, ...

Pivot table
I have a straightforward pivot table like Sum of NETT CODE 98 -2029.94 110 -179986.51 120 -101994.54 Grand Total -5.42 I reference the subtotal from elsewhere in the workbook, therefore do not want the position of the Total to change when the pivot table is updated. Excel help discusses "Subtotals on top of columns" and describes indented format and non-indented format but as far as I can ascertain this does not apply to this case. My solution at this stage is to remove the Grand total (via Pivot Table options) and to put a Sum function above t...

Missing or broken reference
I have an application written in Microsoft Access for windows 95, version 7.0. I recently bought a new PC that uses Access 2003. When I try to run the application I get an error message of: your db contains a missing or broken reference to the file MSJETSQL.TLB version 3.0. How can I fix this? Thanks, Jim Hi, My name is Amy Vargo. Thank you for using the Microsoft Access Newsgroups. This is an old library that cannot be referenced in Access 2003. Check your references. If you create a new module, then go to Tools, References, in the Visual Basic Editor window, look at the c...

want to flip data in an excel column so last is first, first is l.
I have data in a list/column that I'd like to have listed in reverse order, i.e. the list appears with the last item from the initial list first and the first item from the initial list last. Does anyone know of a way to do this? Thanks. ~Insert a column: call it Column A ~Go to the last item in the list, and enter 1 in the new column next to the last entry: suppose that's cell A50 ~In the cell immediately above the 1, or A49, enter the formula =A50+1. Copy that formula up to the first entry. ~Sort Column A (ascending) over your range of rows ~Delete column A Vwala! Hi! If y...

Column Formulas
With a range in a columns how do you set up a formula for the range =F3*G3 In H =F4*G4 In H =F5*G5 In H Then take H3, and calculate a percntage from B3, in I3 Hi not sure I understood you correcly but put the following in I3: =H3/B3 format this cell as percentage and copy down -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany B N Mabey wrote: > With a range in a columns how do you set up a formula for the range? > =F3*G3 In H3 > =F4*G4 In H4 > =F5*G5 In H5 > > Then take H3, and calculate a percntage from B3, in I3? To calculate H3 as a percentage of B3 use =H3/B3% If you int...

How to Make CListCtrl Not Show Contents While Resizing Column
Hi, I have a CListCtrl with a subclassed CHeaderCtrl, and I want the CListCtrl to not show contents while resizing columns. From what I read, this is controlled by the HDS_FULLDRAG parameter in CHeaderCtrl, which I never set. So, I tried CHeaderCtrl::ModifyStyle to turn this off in both the original and subclassed versions, but to no avail. Here's my code from the OnCreate member of a subclassed CListCtrl: CHeaderCtrl* pHeaderCtrl = GetHeaderCtrl(); pHeaderCtrl->ModifyStyle(0, HDS_FULLDRAG); m_pNewHeaderCtrl = new CMyHeaderCtrl(); m_pNewHeaderCtrl->SubclassDlgItem(pH...

DTA_GL_Status in GL20000
Hi. Can someone tell me what the DTA_GL_Status codes should be in the GL20000 (GL OPEN) table as I can not find any information on this in the SDK. Thanks P ...

Repeating rows dont repeat fully when columns also repeat
I am repeating rows 1 through 4 and columns A through D. At least that is what I'm trying to do. On page two, the columns repeat but then the rows do not (beyond columns A through D). Is there a way to make it so that they both repeat? In re-reading the above, I'm not sure I'm making myself clear. Assume that XX's represent the repeating rows and ZZ's represent the repeating columns. This is what I'd like to see: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX ZZZZZZZZZZZ YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY ZZZZZ...

qry for Excel report with weekly data in a vertical column
tblArea AreaID area tblHeadEnd HeadEndID AreaID headend tblRouter RouterID HeadEndID router tblPorts PortID RouterID tblTransmitter TransmitterID PortID transmitter PortID RouterID tblNodes NodeID transmitterID tblNodeNamesID NodeID ParentNodeName date created tblUtilization utilID NodeID percentage Date The report shows weekly utilization data for an ISP. This structure is 1:M in the areas to the headend. The headend has 1:m routers, each router has 1:M ports. The transmitter can have either 1:1 to nodes or 1:M . The nodeNames table is for th...

reference cell from advanced filter
I'm sure this is slam dunk, but I can't figure it out :) On worksheet 1, I have executed an Advanced filter of 900 rows, to get down to one row. No problem. Now, on Worksheet 2, I want to reference an ID number from my filtered row. Obviously, simply doing a regular cell reference won't work (=Sheet1!G271), because the filtered row will NOT always be row 271. So, how the heck do I reference the filtered cell without going back and linking to it new each time? The below formula will return the 1st entry in Column G from the filtered data in Sheet1. =INDEX...

Obsolete references
I have a number of Word documents that have references to obsolete templates. In the Visual Basic window "Tools : References" I try to unselect the reference to the non-existent template but it won't let me saying it is in use. I'm not sure how it can be in use when it doesn't exist. Is there any way to remove these obsolete references. Thanks Fred ...

Remove Time from showing in date columns
How can we display only dates without time in date times fields? From m/dd/yyyy hh:mm: AM/PM to dd-MMM-yyyy In Project Pro Tools > Option > View (Change the date format) -- Please rate this post if it has helped Thanks Gaurav Wason gwason@gmail.com, PMP, MCITP roject Made Easy (Project Server Archive Tool) and (Project Owner Tool) http://projectmadeeasy.com "Michael Jansen" wrote: > How can we display only dates without time in date times fields? > > From > m/dd/yyyy hh:mm: AM/PM > > to > dd-MMM-yyyy What about PW...

Calculated Column Syntax Help?
I have a simple parent/child table setup, DDL is at the bottom of this message. I would like to add a DateTimeOffset column to the table, with the value being "now" plus (2 * number of child rows per parent row). So with my sample DDL, the value would be now+2 seconds for parent row "a", now+4 seconds for parent row "b" , and now+6 seconds for parent row "c". Can someone help me with the proper syntax for that as well as thoughts whether or not it should be persisted when it comes to general query peformance (query will be done dozens of ti...

How to assign unique number to column duplicates?
Hi All, I need to assign a unique number to a set of duplicates all in one column in Excel 2007. so columnA will has about 9000 numbers, some of them unique, and others are duplicates of 2-4 approx. I used to conditional formatting to show which are duplicates, but need to be able to assign a unique number to each set duplicates, that will be in sequential order... e.g. ColumnA ColumnB(unique ID) 01233 0001 01233 0001 01234 - 01255 0002 01255 0002 etc.... Any ideas please? I don't know how to do programming, just form...