GL20000 and DTA10100

When linking the GL20000 (or GL30000) and DTA10100, I'm linking on the
Journal Entry and Account Index.  Do I also need to link on the Sequence
Number?  I'm getting mixed results.  I'm linking the DTA10200 to DTA10100 as
well.

0
jperlowin (33)

The answer is that you should link on the sequence number if the transaction
comes from GL, if not, use the original sequence number field.

"Jed Perlowin" <jperlowin@firstfleet.com> wrote in message
> When linking the GL20000 (or GL30000) and DTA10100, I'm linking on the
> Journal Entry and Account Index.  Do I also need to link on the Sequence
> Number?  I'm getting mixed results.  I'm linking the DTA10200 to DTA10100
as
> well.

0
jperlowin (33)

Reconcile GL20000 and RM30301?
I discovered that we have some records in the GL20000 table that don't have corresponding records in the RM30301 table. They relate to sales transactions that we think had issues when they were posted, so I'm guessing the process that would have updated the RM30301 table didn't complete properly. Is there any Reconcile routine that would fix this? -- Bud Cool, Accounting System Manager HDA, Inc. Hazelwood, MO GP 9.0, SP2 Have you run checklinks? Failing to post to the RM30301 wouldn't necessary impact GL. Do you see evidence of the transaction in the GL20000? I'v...

Recreate GL20000
I was trying to recreate GL20000 through SQL Maintenance but I encountered the ff. error: "The stored procedire GrantAccess() of form SQL Maintenance: 69 : Pass Through SQL returned the following results: DBMS: 10054, Great Plains: 0." After this, although GL20000 was recreated; it contained no primary keys. Please help 10054 is a SQL Server side error... "10054 Connection reset by peer" Looks like a connection problem. Try rerunning the procedure. -Mike -- Micheal LoPatriello Coordinator, Luna Development mlopat@lunadevelopment.com http://www.lunadevelopment.com...

DTA_GL_Status in GL20000
Hi. Can someone tell me what the DTA_GL_Status codes should be in the GL20000 (GL OPEN) table as I can not find any information on this in the SDK. Thanks P ...

GL20000.OPENYEAR
Hi there, I'm using eConnect to post GL transactions to GP. I have a problem when posting it to a closed year (2008 for instance), when everything that goes to GL30000 (history table) it's fine, but BBF records from GL20000 all have OPENYEAR=0 (instead of =2008). Is there a bug in eConnect or something I'm not passing in XML? TIA All transactions should have a Year. The field name is different between GL30000 and GL20000. But if 2008 is closed it will say 2009 for BBF entries in GL20000. Jim "O.C." wrote: > Hi there, > > I'm using eConnect ...

GL20000 and DTA10100
When linking the GL20000 (or GL30000) and DTA10100, I'm linking on the Journal Entry and Account Index. Do I also need to link on the Sequence Number? I'm getting mixed results. I'm linking the DTA10200 to DTA10100 as well. The answer is that you should link on the sequence number if the transaction comes from GL, if not, use the original sequence number field. "Jed Perlowin" <jperlowin@firstfleet.com> wrote in message news:%23VWGCkBIFHA.3484@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > When linking the GL20000 (or GL30000) and DTA10100, I'm linking on the > Journal E...

Rebuilding GL20000 table
I was trying to recreate GL20000 through SQL Maintenance but I encountered the ff. error: "The stored procedire GrantAccess() of form SQL Maintenance: 69 : Pass Through SQL returned the following results: DBMS: 10054, Great Plains: 0." After this, although GL20000 was recreated; it contained no primary keys. Please help 10054 is a SQL Server side error... "10054 Connection reset by peer" Looks like a connection problem. Try rerunning the procedure. -Mike -- Micheal LoPatriello Coordinator, Luna Development mlopat@lunadevelopment.com http://www.lunadevelopment.com ...

Posting to gl20000 table
I am running a Java application but using GP for accounting. Our current version of GP does not have eConnect installed. I would like to post entries into the gl20000 table from Java. I hesitate from using a direct sql INSERT statement into gl20000 from Java. What would be the best approach? Are there layers that I should be using (i.e. eConnect?). Or is it safe to do a direct sql INSERT into gl20000 (the proper triggers and procedures are called)? Any feedback or help links would be greatly appreciated. Entries in GL20000 also update other tables (account totals, etc) Your best opt...

GL20000 and Datestamp of Entry
Great Plains 10: I am writing a SQL Report that displays the GL entries(Modules and Manual) that were created on a given date. Is there a date field that in GL20000 that I can use to see what date it was inserted? Looks like DEX_ROW_TS is set to the date and time that it was actually inserted. Will DEX_ROW_TS be updated for any reason? Thanks. ...

GL20000
Greetings - I have a client that absolutely insists that She has ability from FRx Viewer to see not only document numbers but CustomerID's or VendorID's. In other words - telephone expenses are $10,000 - Viewer should show - VendorID - Document Number and Amount. Std FRx does not include Vendor or Customer Data. I was checking the GL20000 table. I noticed that the Reference Column and DSCRIPTN column could be updated with VendorID or CustomerID..(from the ORMSTRID column of same table) Question is......... Will updating this table effect anything else in GP? Y...

What is the 'SERIES' field in the GL20000 table?
We have an auditor that requested a dump of the GL20000 table. We noted a field called 'SERIES' that has either a 1, 2, 3, or 4 but we have know idea what this represents. Can someone please help? I think it may indicate the module but if that's the case, where do I find out which module is represented by a '1', '2', and so on. Tony Series indicates series generated the batch: 1=All 2=Financial 3=Sales 4=Purchasing 5=Inventory 6=Payroll-USA 7=Project "tbrule@gmail.com" wrote: > We have an auditor that requested a dump of the GL20000 table. We &...

Reset Transaction Date in GL20000 to match SOP30200 records
I'm not sure if this is possible. Very recently, One of our clients posted the Sales Transactions of about 4,000 and posted to GL as well. After posting, he realized that all GL entries for these batches are updated to one single date. On research, We found that the Postings Settings are somehow changed to pick up the Posting Date from Batch for General Entry Transactions. Now, I'm just checking on a possibility if we could reset these transactions dates by way of a SQL statement to copy the dates from SOP30200 table to GL20000 for these transactions alone. Say, A Transaction for whic...

DTA10100 and DTA10200 tables
Are the DTA10100 and DTA10200 supposed to get cleared after a successfull batch post? The Sys00500, GL10000 and GL100001 cleared but the DTA tables did not. Those are the tables that actually store the MDA transaction data, so they do not get cleared. -- Victoria Yudin GP MVP "GreatPlainsIntegrator" <derauxledoux@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1141833621.245829.210450@u72g2000cwu.googlegroups.com... > Are the DTA10100 and DTA10200 supposed to get cleared after a > successfull batch post? The Sys00500, GL10000 and GL100001 cleared but > the DTA tables did no...