GL summary inquiry

We would like the scrolling arrow avaialbe on the GL Summary Inquiry window
like they are available on the history summary window.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=779e5bde-2132-4274-82b1-46534c4d8681&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
LCL (18)

Hi!

 I am a freelance recruitment consultant and I have an interesting job
opening for you.
This position is in a 2 billion dollar company, which has an employee
base of over 5000 employees. The position is in Oklahoma,USA.

I am including a little more information about my client and the nature
of the job.

Work Requirements: Employee(US work authorization required)
Position:

We need a Great Plains expert who has expertise in implementing
Microsoft Business Solutions Great Plains. He/She should have
experience in installing and implementing Great Plains modules such as
General Ledger, Receivables Management, Payables Management, Bank
Reconciliation, Sales Order Processing, Purchase Order Processing,
Inventory, Fixed Assets, Service Call Management, Contract
Administration, eBanking Suite, Business Portal, and others on multiple
occasions.

The company has to break up an existing Great Plains install to two
different business units.  Over the years business processes and needs
have grown and so it make sense to have two installs.
Primary reasons are better performance and reporting ability.  So we
would need a person who has some maturity in understanding accounting
process, practices, and ability to handle Great Plains migration with
minimum business disruption.

If this position interests you, please mail me the word format of your
resume and your contact number and the best time to call you up.

As this opening is to be filled urgently, I would appreciate a quick
response.

Thanks,
Tarana Rawat

What is the resolution you are using? I'm using 1024 x 768 and I see all 12
months plus the beginning balance. I do have a scroll bar on the right.
--
Charles Allen, MVP

"LCL" wrote:

> We would like the scrolling arrow avaialbe on the GL Summary Inquiry window
> like they are available on the history summary window.
>
> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=779e5bde-2132-4274-82b1-46534c4d8681&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
callen (2503)

Post to GL vs Post Through GL Files
Ok.....a stupid question here. What exactly is the difference is having the boxes checked to Post to GL and Post Through GL Files? Is there any problem with having one vs the other or both of them checked? I would assume that not having the Post Through GL will require you to post each batch to the GL. I am surprised that you can have both boxes checked. In that instance, I am uncertain what would happen. Normally, you would have only one of the boxes checked. (You could also have none of the boxes checked if you don't want to post to the GL. For example, you might unmark these s...

Exchange 2000 Inquiry
Does anyone know where I can documentation pointing out the advantages of Exchange 2000 or Exchange 2003 over Exchange 5.5? Thanks in advance, Michael http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/evaluation/features/ex_compare.asp -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "Michael Henderson" <mhenderson@amerlink.com> wrote in message news:%23qANY75gEHA.2684@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Does anyone know where I can documentation pointing out the advantages of > Exchange 2000 or Exchange 2003 over Exchange 5.5? > > ...

Post To GL flag on Inventory Bchs Yeilds Out of Balance GL!
The Post to GL checkbox on the Inventory Batch Entry screen MUST be defaulted to checked. I have several customers that have been instructed to check this box. In all cases, we have had situations where this box was overlooked. IN ALMOST EVERY CASE, inventory batches need to be posted to GL. In the few situations where this is not desired, a consultant can turn off posting in the setup and delete the financial batches. THIS SWITCH IS NOT NEEDED and is a pothole. Transactions entered and posted without checking this box show in Inventory Transaction Inquiry, affect inventory cou...

Missing Check Batch (Batch not hitting GL)
My client is on GP 8 and this happened 2 times already. Basically they post a batch of computer checks, they are set to post through to GL. They got an error about glpostcleanup and the batch became stuck in Batch Recovery. We 'freed' up the batch but afterwards it is nowhere to be found. The batch is not in Post Checks, not in GL Batches, not in SY00500. In both instances we had to post the checks in Bank Rec to GL. The checks did not hit BR either. This is starting to worry me. GP said to run the special upgrade procedure in GP Utilities and I ran this before my client ...

Transactions Lost Posting to GL
We've been using Great Plains (Dynamics V9) since 9/01/06, and are having some serious problems when posting to GL. In one case, one payment of two vouchers was lost going from A/P to GL. We only print about 30 checks a week, so at the end of the month when we posted to GL and noticed the discrepancy, it was relatively easy to track down the payment that was lost. The Accounting firm that helped with the installation was of no help. Their solution was to create a journal entry, which of course brough GL up to date, but didn't solve the problem. Now this month, we're about $8,000 of...

GL Account Setup
While I've gotten my GL setup to post batches correctly to Quickbooks 2003, I'm having trouble with batches that contain any over or short amount in the various tender types. Currently I have one batch in which closing amounts were entered incorrectly for cash and visa/mastercard. While I can create a GL entry in quickbooks basically re-creating the way it "should" post, I can't get RMS to actually post the batch correctly. I have been using the "tender over/short" field and posting to a Cash on Hand account in quickbooks. Any ideas why this wouldn't wor...

How to post payroll to the GL in summary & AP to the GL in detail?
We currently have opted to have our Accounts Payable post to the GL in detail (individual transactions with vendor names showing) and that meets our needs. We've recently gone live with payroll in GP 10.0 and we're noticing that the payroll is posting to the GL in detail as well (employee name, gross wages). For confidentiality purposes, we don't want the payroll detail appearing on our standard GL reports. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to allow the AP to post in detail and force the payroll to post in summary? Thanks, Mike L. ...

Checkbook Balance Inquiry Error
I have a client that needs to print out their checkbook balance. They have been printing it from the inquiry screen. For the month of June it looked fine on the screen, but when the inquiry was printed they got an error message as follows: Unhandled script exception Invalid year '8' in date. Function: script terminated Exception_class_script_out_of_range Parameter Type Incompatible in user defined function call. What could be causing this? They also receive the same error when they try to print the inquiry for the month of April. Thanks, Jocelyn Jocelyn, Is this a mod...

GL summary inquiry
We would like the scrolling arrow avaialbe on the GL Summary Inquiry window like they are available on the history summary window. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.ms...

Creating Multiple summary sheets

Vendor ID in Purchasing Item Detail Inquiry Zoom for commitments
From the Sales Trx Entry window, if an item has a PO generated and I zoom to see the "PO Commitment for Sales Documents" and then zoom over the PO number all I see are the item details - the vendor id is not listed. Seeing the Vendor ID, Name and Address information would be helpful and time-saving. (otherwise we have to do a separate inquiry on the po document) ...

Fixed Assets, Depreciation and the GL help please
Hello, I=92m trying to teach myself the Fixed Asset module of GP. I understand how to setup FA, i.e. creating the account groups, assigning the group to asset classes (to assign posting accounts), putting all the assets into a class that need share the same depreciation methods, creating books, adding assets to books and have the book class match the asset class so the asset picks up the depreciation details of the book class, etc. After that I=92m kind of lost. :) So, at each month end I need run depreciation correct? But running depreciation does not integrate into the GL so I ...

Delete a GL Posted
I want to delete a GL posted in the system. HOW TO DO THAT?????????? Consulta, Actually you cannot, but you can rollout the journal to disaffect the one you need to delete. There is always the database modifications workaround, which for sure is not recommended, you can find the Posted GL transactions in GL20000. Regards, -- Mohammad R. Daoud MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS Mob: +962 - 79 -999 65 85 Great Package For Business Solutions daoudm@greatpbs.com http://www.greatpbs.com http://mohdaoud.blogspot.com/ "Consulta" wrote: > > I want to delete a GL posted in the syste...

GL Accounts
Does anyone have a working GL List to QB Premier? I keep getting an error that the transactions are not in balance. That won't help you. No two sets of accounts are exactly the same... There are documents on the KB that will help in mapping accounts, but the best advice they offer is to have your accountant or bookeeper available to do this. Get your RMS partner and your Accountant there at the same time and they should be able to get your postings to balance. -- -- Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com ------------------------------...

Adding summaries, rows and pre-population
I have a worksheet where the user can click a button marked 'Create Activity'. This spawns an Activity worksheet with the naming convention 'Activity (n)'. The user can click this as many times as they like, but must click it at least once. Problem #1: For each Activity sheet that they have created I would like to be able to copy a specific range e.g. A15:J28 on a 'Summary' worksheet and paste it at A30 on the 'Summary' worksheet and so on. So the 'Summary' worksheet just gets longer and longer if the user has created more activities. Problem # ...

Posting Setup in GL
How do you setup posting so that a separate batch is created in the GL based on audit trail code for the sub ledgers when you are not posting through to general ledger files? Ex: I want to see multiple batches in financial > series post for CMTRX, PMTRX, etc... I'm on version 10 Thanks You need to go to the Posting Setup and change each individual type of transaction you want this for to Create New for If Existing Batch. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions, Inc. "6538" <beach_house1990@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:eDWC3bqEIHA.5980@TK2...

Help Correcting Sub-ledger Trx: Unposted, Posted TO GL, Posted Thru GL
Hello, I=92m trying to understand the proper way to correct transactions from sub-ledgers depending on the status of the transaction. If you discover a sub-ledger unposted transaction is incorrect within a batch (by printing the edit list), just correct the transaction right there in the sub-ledger prior to posting. No other action is required. Correct? If you post the transaction TO the GL, meaning it=92s in a suspended GL batch that needs to be posted again before it affects the GL, I=92ve read many times you need to go back to the sub-ledger where the trx originated and make the correcti...

XML, .NET 2.0 Interop DLL and classic ASP inquiry
Hi all in ng, If you send the string representation of the outerxml of an xmldocument from a .NET 2.0 COM Interop DLL to a calling classic ASP page, why is it you lose the formatting when you create the DOM version of this xml on the receiving page, in particular, the line breaks/feeds? Currently I am sending the string of xml back to calling page, but am losing the line feeds in certain elements (X509Certifcate element is one). I've tried using the preserverWhiteSpace prorperty both on the sending code end and on the receiving end...do I need an xslt for this, if so where would I ...

Reconcile to GL
We went live 4/1/08 however the consultant never told us about the Reconcile to GL feature. It's now the end of August and we are trying to reconcile however the excel file never finishes. I keep getting the error EXCEPTION_CLASS_OBJECT_EXCEPTION. MS IT said to install SP2. Has anyone else had this problem? ANyone know other ways to reconcile the unmatched? Natasha, you do have to install SP2, which includes the Feature Pack that enables the Reconcile to GL feature. The Reconcile to GL feature will HELP you reconcile to GL. It doesn't do the reconciliation for you, it matches t...

Posting at GL
I=B4ve posted a transaction in Sales. Then, I posted it in GL, but ... How can I notice which is the number of the journal entry that is associated with that transaction? Best regards, Ingrid Go to Inquiry > Financial > Detail and select your sales account to perform an inquiry on. This will show you the journal entries for that account. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com "Ingrid" wrote: > I´ve posted a transaction in Sales. Then, I posted it in GL, but ... > How can I notice whi...

FA Year End should move GL YTD Depreciation to GL Prior Year Depr
When creating a Fixed Asset you enter two GL accounts, one to store the YTD Depreciation and one for the Prior Year Deprecation. When the FA Year End is run it would be logical to move the values from the GL YTD account to the GL Prior Year account and clear YTD. This would relieve the user of having to journal the values from one GL account to another for each FA. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see...

Invoices not posted to GL
In the process of creating a P&L Report in Crystal, we discovered that there's a list of about 600 transactions in SOP and RCV modules which ARE NOT located in the GL. We've tracked down that they have the following common characteristics: Batch Source = *Sales Entry Document Status = Posted Also, they are not stuck in the Master Posting section since all our transactions post through the GL. Any ideas how we can trick the system into posting those transactions to the GL? If I changed them all to "Unposted" would they appear somewhere where we could post them...

Urgent Inquiry
In the event that a dbase restore to an older backup is required, how will this effect the Outlook users? The restored dbase does not contain all of the user accounts from the prior dbase so they will need to be added back into CRM. The concern is that the Outlook users already have the Outlook client installed. We need it to be as seamless as possible without having them reinstall the Outlook client. Thanks for the help! ...

I'm not sure if this is possible. Very recently, One of our clients posted the Sales Transactions of about 4,000 and posted to GL as well. After posting, he realized that all GL entries for these ba
I'm not sure if this is possible. Very recently, One of our clients posted the Sales Transactions of about 4,000 and posted to GL as well. After posting, he realized that all GL entries for these batches are updated to one single date. On research, We found that the Postings Settings are somehow changed to pick up the Posting Date from Batch for General Entry Transactions. Now, I'm just checking on a possibility if we could reset these transactions dates by way of a SQL statement to copy the dates from SOP30200 table to GL20000 for these transactions alone. Say, A Transaction for whic...

A/P balance in Reconcile to GL spreadsheet doesn't tie to PM HATB
I've started to dig into the Reconcile to GL function and in Fabrikam, the PM Ending Balance doesn't agree to the PM Historical Aged Trial Balance. I've got a brand new install of this. Has anyone else run into this? Matt, This really doesn't surprise me. When you think of how old that data is and the methods that were used to populate the tables, it's a wonder some of it works at all. Take a look at the budgets for just an example. Remember when the 'updated' the data to change dates? I honestly have never tried to track any differences down, if...