GL Posting date is missing or invalid error message

Hello,
When trying to post a Sales order through Sales transactions entry window,
we get an error message 'General ledger posting date is invalid or missing'
The dates seem correct. The fiscal periods are all set up correctly. This
happens whether we try to post an individual transcation or a batch. The
batch looks like it is posting, but all the posting reports have zero
mamounts in them & the batch still sits there even after posting as if it has
never been posted.
We are running GP 8.00g34
What is causing this & how do we fix it?
Thanks
0
VP (39)

Did you recently change your posting settings (under Tools > Setup > Posting
 > Posting)?  I have seen this cause the error you're seeing a few times.
The only way I know of to fix this is to create a new batch and save the
transaction to it.

--
Victoria Yudin
Microsoft MVP - Great Plains

"VP" <VP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
> When trying to post a Sales order through Sales transactions entry window,
> we get an error message 'General ledger posting date is invalid or
> missing'
> The dates seem correct. The fiscal periods are all set up correctly. This
> happens whether we try to post an individual transcation or a batch. The
> batch looks like it is posting, but all the posting reports have zero
> mamounts in them & the batch still sits there even after posting as if it
> has
> never been posted.
> We are running GP 8.00g34
> What is causing this & how do we fix it?
> Thanks

0
victoria (3340)
10/4/2005 2:11:21 PM
Are you posting by batch or transaction date? Click on the date expansion
button and make sure there is a valid GL Posting Date on the transaction.
Check the batch window, too.

"VP" wrote:

> Hello,
> When trying to post a Sales order through Sales transactions entry window,
> we get an error message 'General ledger posting date is invalid or missing'
> The dates seem correct. The fiscal periods are all set up correctly. This
> happens whether we try to post an individual transcation or a batch. The
> batch looks like it is posting, but all the posting reports have zero
> mamounts in them & the batch still sits there even after posting as if it has
> never been posted.
> We are running GP 8.00g34
> What is causing this & how do we fix it?
> Thanks
0
CharlesAllen (483)
10/4/2005 2:45:58 PM
Thanks for your response.
I am posting by batch date. But I tried changing it to Transaction date but
still get the same error. In the sales order, when I expand on the date
field, the Posting date says: 00/00/0000 & it is greyed out & I cannot change
it.
This is happening only on the SOP side, I tried posting a sales invoice
through trnsactions entry, & it posts just fine.
Thanks

"Charles Allen" wrote:

> Are you posting by batch or transaction date? Click on the date expansion
> button and make sure there is a valid GL Posting Date on the transaction.
> Check the batch window, too.
>
> "VP" wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> > When trying to post a Sales order through Sales transactions entry window,
> > we get an error message 'General ledger posting date is invalid or missing'
> > The dates seem correct. The fiscal periods are all set up correctly. This
> > happens whether we try to post an individual transcation or a batch. The
> > batch looks like it is posting, but all the posting reports have zero
> > mamounts in them & the batch still sits there even after posting as if it has
> > never been posted.
> > We are running GP 8.00g34
> > What is causing this & how do we fix it?
> > Thanks
0
VP (39)
10/4/2005 3:13:17 PM
I tried creating a new batch & saving the transcation to it but still get the
same error when trying to post
Thanks

"Victoria [MVP]" wrote:

> Did you recently change your posting settings (under Tools > Setup > Posting
>  > Posting)?  I have seen this cause the error you're seeing a few times.
> The only way I know of to fix this is to create a new batch and save the
> transaction to it.
>
> --
> Victoria Yudin
> Microsoft MVP - Great Plains
>

> "VP" <VP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello,
> > When trying to post a Sales order through Sales transactions entry window,
> > we get an error message 'General ledger posting date is invalid or
> > missing'
> > The dates seem correct. The fiscal periods are all set up correctly. This
> > happens whether we try to post an individual transcation or a batch. The
> > batch looks like it is posting, but all the posting reports have zero
> > mamounts in them & the batch still sits there even after posting as if it
> > has
> > never been posted.
> > We are running GP 8.00g34
> > What is causing this & how do we fix it?
> > Thanks

0
VP (39)
10/4/2005 3:13:23 PM
Try changing your posting settings to use Transaction Posting then update the
SOP transaction's GL posting date. Do you want to use batch or transaction
posting dates? If you want to use batch dates, then change the posting
settings back after you update the transaction and then make sure the batch
has a GL posting date.

"VP" wrote:

> I tried creating a new batch & saving the transcation to it but still get the
> same error when trying to post
> Thanks
>
> "Victoria [MVP]" wrote:
>
> > Did you recently change your posting settings (under Tools > Setup > Posting
> >  > Posting)?  I have seen this cause the error you're seeing a few times.
> > The only way I know of to fix this is to create a new batch and save the
> > transaction to it.
> >
> > --
> > Victoria Yudin
> > Microsoft MVP - Great Plains
> >

> > "VP" <VP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Hello,
> > > When trying to post a Sales order through Sales transactions entry window,
> > > we get an error message 'General ledger posting date is invalid or
> > > missing'
> > > The dates seem correct. The fiscal periods are all set up correctly. This
> > > happens whether we try to post an individual transcation or a batch. The
> > > batch looks like it is posting, but all the posting reports have zero
> > > mamounts in them & the batch still sits there even after posting as if it
> > > has
> > > never been posted.
> > > We are running GP 8.00g34
> > > What is causing this & how do we fix it?
> > > Thanks

0
CharlesAllen (483)
10/4/2005 3:46:08 PM
I changed the Posting settings to get the Posting Date from Transaction
Posting.
I created a new transaction but when I expand on the date field, the
PPosting Date still says 0/0/00 & it is greyed out. I have not assigned it
to a batch. When I try to post the Order, it still gives the same error
message.
How do I cahnge the posting date field?
Thanks

"Charles Allen" wrote:

> Try changing your posting settings to use Transaction Posting then update the
> SOP transaction's GL posting date. Do you want to use batch or transaction
> posting dates? If you want to use batch dates, then change the posting
> settings back after you update the transaction and then make sure the batch
> has a GL posting date.
>
> "VP" wrote:
>
> > I tried creating a new batch & saving the transcation to it but still get the
> > same error when trying to post
> > Thanks
> >
> > "Victoria [MVP]" wrote:
> >
> > > Did you recently change your posting settings (under Tools > Setup > Posting
> > >  > Posting)?  I have seen this cause the error you're seeing a few times.
> > > The only way I know of to fix this is to create a new batch and save the
> > > transaction to it.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Victoria Yudin
> > > Microsoft MVP - Great Plains
> > >

> > > "VP" <VP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
VP (39)
10/4/2005 3:59:07 PM
The transaction has to be an invoice to have access to the GL posting date on
the transaction entry window. Only invoices and returns can be posted.

When you transfer the order to an invoice, you should be able to update the
GL posting date. The order date is the default invoice date.

"VP" wrote:

> I changed the Posting settings to get the Posting Date from Transaction
> Posting.
> I created a new transaction but when I expand on the date field, the
> PPosting Date still says 0/0/00 & it is greyed out. I have not assigned it
> to a batch. When I try to post the Order, it still gives the same error
> message.
> How do I cahnge the posting date field?
> Thanks
>
> "Charles Allen" wrote:
>
> > Try changing your posting settings to use Transaction Posting then update the
> > SOP transaction's GL posting date. Do you want to use batch or transaction
> > posting dates? If you want to use batch dates, then change the posting
> > settings back after you update the transaction and then make sure the batch
> > has a GL posting date.
> >
> > "VP" wrote:
> >
> > > I tried creating a new batch & saving the transcation to it but still get the
> > > same error when trying to post
> > > Thanks

0
CharlesAllen (483)
10/4/2005 4:55:02 PM
Orders will not have posting date availability. You must transfer the order
to an invoice or return to be able to access the posting date. When you
transfer the order, the date of the invoice is today's date and the posting
date will be the same as the invoice date. If you change the date on the
transaction entry window, the posting date will change to that date.

0
CharlesAllen (483)