GL posting date is invalid.

Good morning:

'When attempting a payables check run we keep erring out.  When we print out
the edit list all the checks in the list come up with the following error:

"GL posting date is invalid.  This transaction contains errors.  It won't be
posted.  "

When we look at the trx dates and details , posting date (server and
client), everthing checks out.

Anyone have this problem.
--
Jim Bourque
0

Hi Jim,

Yes, I have a client using Version 8.0 that this message appears on the
edit list, but when they post it posts through ok, yet the posting
journal has the message. However it does not occur on all batches.

Robert

Jim B wrote:
> Good morning:
>
> 'When attempting a payables check run we keep erring out.  When we print out
> the edit list all the checks in the list come up with the following error:
>
> "GL posting date is invalid.  This transaction contains errors.  It won't be
> posted.  "
>
> When we look at the trx dates and details , posting date (server and
> client), everthing checks out.
>
> Anyone have this problem.
0
rcavill1 (40)

Post migration issue
A couple of months after swinging SBS2003 server to 2008 when I run the Exchange BPA I noticed that it still tries to communicate with the old migration PC. How can this be fixed? The Computer object doesn't exist in the AD any more. Also there are no DNS records referencing it. The migration PC is long gone so I can't use it to remove the routing group which apparently it was a master of. yaro Yaro: Suggest you contact www.sbsmigration.com for the answer to this question, as it is impossible to tell from here what you did or did not do, or what you might have missed for...

Post to GL vs Post Through GL Files
Ok.....a stupid question here. What exactly is the difference is having the boxes checked to Post to GL and Post Through GL Files? Is there any problem with having one vs the other or both of them checked? I would assume that not having the Post Through GL will require you to post each batch to the GL. I am surprised that you can have both boxes checked. In that instance, I am uncertain what would happen. Normally, you would have only one of the boxes checked. (You could also have none of the boxes checked if you don't want to post to the GL. For example, you might unmark these s...

Export Date From Outlook 2003
How can I get the date to appear in the Export to Excell TIA Sam You can IMPORT data from Outlook into Access quite easily. GO To File>Get External Data>Import and select 'Files of Type-Outlook'. You should see a list of mail folders from the Microsoft Exchange server. Click the + next to each folder to select individual folders. It seems that you have to do each folder individually. As well, if you have a Personal Folder (.pst) on a shared drive, the import tool cannot access it. I found that by moving the .pst to my hard drive I was able to access it and import from ...

Not posting
On my 2nd Station When I precess the debit card transaction I having trouble to post the transaction. Some Time I have to kill the POS using control,alt,delet. and If I go back to look for same transation and I am not able to find the same transaction under Journal view But I can see the same on edc under debit card. Any idea ? -- Thank You Harjit SherGill /DBA Altaville Market 324 South Main st po box 370 Altaville CA 95221 Tel : 209-729-1403 vendaliajat@yahoo.com ...

Post To GL flag on Inventory Bchs Yeilds Out of Balance GL!
The Post to GL checkbox on the Inventory Batch Entry screen MUST be defaulted to checked. I have several customers that have been instructed to check this box. In all cases, we have had situations where this box was overlooked. IN ALMOST EVERY CASE, inventory batches need to be posted to GL. In the few situations where this is not desired, a consultant can turn off posting in the setup and delete the financial batches. THIS SWITCH IS NOT NEEDED and is a pothole. Transactions entered and posted without checking this box show in Inventory Transaction Inquiry, affect inventory cou...

Missing Check Batch (Batch not hitting GL)
My client is on GP 8 and this happened 2 times already. Basically they post a batch of computer checks, they are set to post through to GL. They got an error about glpostcleanup and the batch became stuck in Batch Recovery. We 'freed' up the batch but afterwards it is nowhere to be found. The batch is not in Post Checks, not in GL Batches, not in SY00500. In both instances we had to post the checks in Bank Rec to GL. The checks did not hit BR either. This is starting to worry me. GP said to run the special upgrade procedure in GP Utilities and I ran this before my client ...

Posting negative 401k transactions
I have a typical 401k account setup with a corresponding cash account. I am manually balancing my account at the end of the quarter. In other words, I'm not using the 401k manager or "balance an account" wizard. In my investment account, I want to buy x shares of a stock for the quarter, however the final market value decreased for the account. Normally, a stock that increased for the quarter would show as a payment in the cash account. I want to show this as a deposit. If you use the balance an account wizard, it will somehow place a negative price so that it shows up as ...

User tried posting checks to closed period.
I have a user who tried to post payables checks to a closed period. They didn't tell me about it until after they had clicked through the error. The batch is showing a status of remittance processing. It doesn't show up under post checks or print checks but it does show up under edit checks. Nothing shows up under batch recovery. Is there a way to force the transactions on through? They have already mailed the checks so we don't have the option of voiding them somehow and redoing them. Robert Fann Sorry. I luckily found the batch under process remittance and ...

How do I post a message to CDocument?
At the moment all ON_MESSAGE are handled in CMainFrame. I want to handle a message in CDocument but I can't get it to work. How is it done? Steve -- EasyNN-plus. The easy way to build neural networks. http://www.easynn.com Steve, > At the moment all ON_MESSAGE are handled in CMainFrame. > I want to handle a message in CDocument but I can't get it to work. > > How is it done? I don't know if this will help you, but you can recieve the message in CMainFrame then call a CDocument function to do whatever you want to do. You can access a CDocument object from wi...

Display Date on Chart
Hello all, Is there a way to link a chart to a cell on a spreadsheet that contains the date? What I want to do is generate weekly charts on production data, and pick up the date that's put in a cell and display it either in the chart title or near it. Can that be done? Thanks, Brian You can use a shape from the drawing toolbar>select it>in the formula box type in =$d$18 if cell d18 contains the date -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "diablo" <nomail@mail.not> wrote in message news:%23iyTeDyCHHA.3660@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > He...

Prior year posting 2 years
Client has 2009 open and all previous years closed. They want to post transactions to 2007. GP by default does not allow that. Is there a work around? Rich, There is no way to do this in GP out of the box. If they absolutely must post to 2007, the option I would recommend is to have the MBS Professional Services team open the 2008 year for your client, which will allow them to post to 2007, since that will now be the last closed year. Once done, the client would close 2008 again. Professional Services only does this as a consulting engagement and the cost will depend on a number of...

Transactions Lost Posting to GL
We've been using Great Plains (Dynamics V9) since 9/01/06, and are having some serious problems when posting to GL. In one case, one payment of two vouchers was lost going from A/P to GL. We only print about 30 checks a week, so at the end of the month when we posted to GL and noticed the discrepancy, it was relatively easy to track down the payment that was lost. The Accounting firm that helped with the installation was of no help. Their solution was to create a journal entry, which of course brough GL up to date, but didn't solve the problem. Now this month, we're about $8,000 of...

Date formulas #4
Hi all What is the formula (is there a formula) to display the Week number? Trying to set up a spreadsheet which runs from first to last day of each month but automatically fills in a 5 week rota. Sorchaainne Wrote: > Hi all > What is the formula (is there a formula) to display the Week number? > Trying to set up a spreadsheet which runs from first to last day o > each > month but automatically fills in a 5 week rota. Try WEEKNUM functio -- Paul Sheppar ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Paul Sheppard's Profile: http://www.excelfor...

GL Account Setup
While I've gotten my GL setup to post batches correctly to Quickbooks 2003, I'm having trouble with batches that contain any over or short amount in the various tender types. Currently I have one batch in which closing amounts were entered incorrectly for cash and visa/mastercard. While I can create a GL entry in quickbooks basically re-creating the way it "should" post, I can't get RMS to actually post the batch correctly. I have been using the "tender over/short" field and posting to a Cash on Hand account in quickbooks. Any ideas why this wouldn't wor...

Date shows as 01/01/00
We have a spreadsheet that we want to enter a date in a cell. I have changed the format to Date 03/01/01 format but no matter what I do, any date is converted to 01/01/00. I have tried inserting a column, copying to another spreadsheet, etc. I know this is probably simple, but it's driving me crazy. Help please. In an un-used cell enter: =TODAY() if this is not the correct date, then touch CNTRL-ALT-F9 on the keyboard post what happens. -- Gary''s Student "Kmagg" wrote: > We have a spreadsheet that we want to enter a date in a cell. I have changed > the...

Replying without top posting
When I reply to a message that is in RTF format I get a blue bar along the left edge of the original text (I think it's RTF messages that do this, maybe it's HTML). This is because I want to prefix the original text. However, when I try to reply to sections of the original text, the blue bar doesn't disappear next to my writing like it did with 2003. This causes my replies to look just like original text. I've tried all sorts of settings and can't stop this behavior. Does anyone know how I can reply, in a bottom-posting fashion, without having my comments prefixe...

error in dates
Hi! I keep having problems when I type the date 6/16/86 in Excel, even if i format it, it won't display as a date. Can anyone help me? Thanks. Hi check the format of your cell prior to entering the date. Probably the cell format is set to 'Text'. change this to 'General' or a date format and after this enter your date -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany cheng wrote: > Hi! I keep having problems when I type the date 6/16/86 > in Excel, even if i format it, it won't display as a > date. Can anyone help me? Thanks. If your regional setting is using d...

Test Post #7
Test ...

How to access Customer Due Date for current transaction
Hi Everyone ? I am looking to display payment due date on the invoice for my customer when the tender type is store account Currently I have 2 type of due date : 14 days and 30 days So for example if invoice date is today 1 Sept 2010. I need to print the due date as 15 Sept 2010 How can I access the customer account due date in receipt ? I tried Customer.AccountDueDateType and I got error "token not found" anyone has an idea ? Thank you, Regards, Joie ...

How do I see my own message posts ?
Hi On many forums (inc some Microsoft), once you have signed in with MS Live ID you can see your own posts very easily...can't see a way to do that on MS Office Online Forums. ?! Any way to do this (to save searching...I seem to keep 'losing' posts....unless MS are removing them ?) Thanks tomhass Generally not wise to use the MS Discussion Group web interface. Better to use an alternative method of accessing the newsgroups (then you might stand a better chance of seeing replies from the wider world, which the MSDG interface has been ignoring in recent wee...

How to post payroll to the GL in summary & AP to the GL in detail?
We currently have opted to have our Accounts Payable post to the GL in detail (individual transactions with vendor names showing) and that meets our needs. We've recently gone live with payroll in GP 10.0 and we're noticing that the payroll is posting to the GL in detail as well (employee name, gross wages). For confidentiality purposes, we don't want the payroll detail appearing on our standard GL reports. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to allow the AP to post in detail and force the payroll to post in summary? Thanks, Mike L. ...

GL summary inquiry
We would like the scrolling arrow avaialbe on the GL Summary Inquiry window like they are available on the history summary window. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.ms...

Fixed Assets, Depreciation and the GL help please
Hello, I=92m trying to teach myself the Fixed Asset module of GP. I understand how to setup FA, i.e. creating the account groups, assigning the group to asset classes (to assign posting accounts), putting all the assets into a class that need share the same depreciation methods, creating books, adding assets to books and have the book class match the asset class so the asset picks up the depreciation details of the book class, etc. After that I=92m kind of lost. :) So, at each month end I need run depreciation correct? But running depreciation does not integrate into the GL so I ...

Message Posts to Articles to Read Folder
When I receive emails from a particular client, they are automatically sent to my "Articles to Read" folder. I have not created a rule to do this, in fact I had to create a rule to have the messages sent to the inbox. This only happens with email from one client. Others in my office on the same server do not have this issue when receiving email from this client. Any suggestions? ...

Posting Setup in GL
How do you setup posting so that a separate batch is created in the GL based on audit trail code for the sub ledgers when you are not posting through to general ledger files? Ex: I want to see multiple batches in financial > series post for CMTRX, PMTRX, etc... I'm on version 10 Thanks You need to go to the Posting Setup and change each individual type of transaction you want this for to Create New for If Existing Batch. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions, Inc. "6538" <beach_house1990@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:eDWC3bqEIHA.5980@TK2...