GL Change Products

I have to change my GL (reduce number of segments).  I have seen the
Corporate Renaissance 'Changer' tool.  Are there any other similar tools out
there?  I have heard of 'PST' and 'Modifier', but dont know where to find any
information on these.
0
adam1685 (340)

Modifier won't do it; it's not designed for that purpose. I think you meant
PSTL (professional services tools library). It has an account
modifier/combiner that enables you to combine the activity from two accounts
(combiner) or move the activity from one account to another (modifier).

CRG's application works very well and I have had a couple of clients use it.

"Adam" <Adam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have to change my GL (reduce number of segments).  I have seen the
> Corporate Renaissance 'Changer' tool.  Are there any other similar tools
> out
> there?  I have heard of 'PST' and 'Modifier', but dont know where to find
> any
> information on these.

0
callen1071 (408)

changing from 2 dongles (2 databases) to 1 dongle (2lanes)
We recently bought MS RMS 1.3a, even bought support on it. But, our needs have changed we went from thinking we would have 2 seperate databases to just 1 database and needing 2 lanes. Now, our reseller who thought Microsoft would accept a return and exchange us or allow us to buy the 2 lane dongle informs us Microsoft has denied our return request. Has anyone else had similiar problems? I want to know before i call MS myself to discuss their reason for denying us. I had not know MBS to be unreasonable to customers but this is flat out rude to not allow us to do what we need and wast...

Track Active Directory Connector Changes
Does anyone know how to monitor or track changes in an Exchange 5.5 site made by the Active Directory Connector? In a nutshell, we want to monitor any ADC changes in our Exchange 5.5 environment. Thanks. ...

change position of data
Hi My data set, has located on column x, for example: (x2:x570),i want to move this column to desired row number (x7644). I need to a macro or function, when run it, then at first, open the Box, and take me new row number, and finally, move data on column x to new row number (x7644:x8214). I have many file and little time. Thank's for any help. best regards open the Box??? Insert rows??? -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett@gmail.com "climate" <climate@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8BE7545C-F280-...

Post to GL vs Post Through GL Files
Ok.....a stupid question here. What exactly is the difference is having the boxes checked to Post to GL and Post Through GL Files? Is there any problem with having one vs the other or both of them checked? I would assume that not having the Post Through GL will require you to post each batch to the GL. I am surprised that you can have both boxes checked. In that instance, I am uncertain what would happen. Normally, you would have only one of the boxes checked. (You could also have none of the boxes checked if you don't want to post to the GL. For example, you might unmark these s...

Changing font size for label template
Most resellers here with knowledge must have hated me by now (in a world where customers' hands are tied by their $$$$ :=) Hopefully, this is a bit of a good news for some frustrated customers: The Zebra printer LP2844 prints better with the Eltron template that came with the RMS. This works well with tag size 2.25x1.37. However, the font seems a little large. When barcode/description is long, it wraps around and double prints the beginning of the same line. I am coming very close to a solution...... Zebra tech support provided a translation for the 4X3 Zebra tag which works ...

monitoring a changing range of cells
Hi, I am trying to find/create a function which allows me to monitor a changing range of cells. I have a column in which the user types yes or no, and then in another cell I am checking to see if all of the cells say "yes". My problem is that I want the user to be able to add more rows of yes or no to the column and to be able to check these new cells for the "yes or no" condition. I am currently using function code that looks like this. =IF(((AND(EXACT("YES",UPPER(range)))))=TRUE,"YES","NO") As you can see I have to give the function a...

"do you want to save changes" when I close outlook
I have recently upgraded to office 2007, including outlook 2007. Now when I add senders to the blocked sender list and then close outlook I am prompted “do you want to save changes”. If I click “yes” I then get a message window “the item cannot be saved because it was changed by another user or in another window”. Also asks “Do you want to make a copy in the default folder for the item”. This only happens when senders are added to blocked sender list. I would like to eliminate the prompt as the senders still seem to be added to the list. Previous verion of outlook was 2003. Usin...

change multiple links at once
Hello, I have a master spreadsheet that has multiple links in it from 150 other spreadsheets. Needless to say it was very time consuming to link certain rows from each spreadsheet. If there is a way to automate this for the future, I would very much appreciate the info. I have no exp in VB by the way. :) A co-worker was helping me do the links and accidently linked to the wrong file name. Is there a way to change each link to the correct one without it being such a manual process? For example, I have a spreadsheet named County.xls. In that spreadsheet I have multiple ro...

Post To GL flag on Inventory Bchs Yeilds Out of Balance GL!
The Post to GL checkbox on the Inventory Batch Entry screen MUST be defaulted to checked. I have several customers that have been instructed to check this box. In all cases, we have had situations where this box was overlooked. IN ALMOST EVERY CASE, inventory batches need to be posted to GL. In the few situations where this is not desired, a consultant can turn off posting in the setup and delete the financial batches. THIS SWITCH IS NOT NEEDED and is a pothole. Transactions entered and posted without checking this box show in Inventory Transaction Inquiry, affect inventory cou...

How do you change the orientation of a booklet?
I need to change the orientation of a booklet (8 pages)----open upward instead of left. I need the pages to remain in order. Help This would be a printer setting. What version Publisher? If you have 2007, File, Print setup, Printer Details tab, Advanced Printer setup button, Printer Setup Wizard tab. There are various options on this screen. If you have a duplex unit look at the printer options, there should be a booklet setting. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Kae" <Kae@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Change Multiple Worksheets at once
Hello: 1) I have 5 Identical Excell 2000 Workbooks one for each person 2) Each Workbook has 50 Worksheets ,one for each city 3) The only difference between the 5 Workbooks is that each person has their favorite Worksheets towards the front of their Workbook 4) The worksheets for each city are Identical in all 5 Workbooks 5) If required ,All five Workbooks can be opened at the same time on the same computer Question : How can I make changes in one work book in any Worksheet and cause those exact changes to be made to the same worksheet in the other 4 remaining Workbooks ------------------...

Size of Report Changes
I created several reports and under Page Setup selected Landscape with a Size of Legal (8.5 x 14 in.). When I moved the database to another computer, the size changed to Letter(8.5 x 11 in.). Is there a way to prevent this from happening ? or is there a way to set the Size programatically, after issuing the DoCmd.OpenReport command ? When the report definition spontaneously changes, two possibilities come to mind. First, if the Track Name Autocorrect info checkbox (General tab on Tools | Options) is checked in earlier versions of Access, strange and (not so) wonderful things would ...

Missing Check Batch (Batch not hitting GL)
My client is on GP 8 and this happened 2 times already. Basically they post a batch of computer checks, they are set to post through to GL. They got an error about glpostcleanup and the batch became stuck in Batch Recovery. We 'freed' up the batch but afterwards it is nowhere to be found. The batch is not in Post Checks, not in GL Batches, not in SY00500. In both instances we had to post the checks in Bank Rec to GL. The checks did not hit BR either. This is starting to worry me. GP said to run the special upgrade procedure in GP Utilities and I ran this before my client ...

Change Employee ID in Canadian Payroll
I know that you can't change an Employee ID with the Canadian Payroll module once an employee has been set up, but obviously you can change it in the database, if you change it in all the right places. Has anyone ever tried this before, and if so, do you have a list of the tables that the employee ID must be changed in? Or better yet, does anyone have a SQL script that will change a Canadian Payroll employee ID in all the right places? iStevo, I guess you can handle this task by yourself, use DexLog or SQL Server profiler to trace all the commands GP perform when adding the employ...

Help please regarding microsoft windows 98 product key
I have an old laptop - Compaq Presario 1245 - and i have restored it fully back to manufacturers settings without realising i don't have the product key for windows to verify it on the laptop, i don't know how to find the key as i do not have a cd or manual or certificate with it on, the laptop was bought in 1998!!! Is there any way of finding the key? ps i am not a computer technician in any way so would need simple instructions please thanks ja davies ...

How can I change the numbers in words. ( Ex.100.00 = One Hundred)
How can I change the numbers in words. ( Ex.100.00 = One Hundred) From MS; http://www.ozgrid.com/VBA/ValueToWords.htm -- Regards Dave Hawley www.ozgrid.com "Sampath" <Sampath@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0DA232E9-2C52-4193-A44B-B440FA543031@microsoft.com... > How can I change the numbers in words. ( Ex.100.00 = One Hundred) ...

Changing input locale?
Is there any way to change input locale programmably? This is required because an unknown routine forcely changes current input method locale to English only. Please reply. Thanks in advance. Regards, Hyun-jik Bae ...

How do I change data that has been entered in a column to a row?
I have text data (name, address, city, state, zip) that has been entered on a spreadsheet in columns down the spread sheet (each criteria in it's own cell vertically/in columns) and I need each of the above mentioned criteria to be in it's own cell horizontally so that it can be imported into a database. so in other words the name, address etc woul read from left to right across the spreadsheet. I have Mircosfot Excel 2003. I have over 300 names and addresses to convert. Any idea on how to make this fast and easy would be very appreciated. ryoung I presume your data is in sep...

Transactions Lost Posting to GL
We've been using Great Plains (Dynamics V9) since 9/01/06, and are having some serious problems when posting to GL. In one case, one payment of two vouchers was lost going from A/P to GL. We only print about 30 checks a week, so at the end of the month when we posted to GL and noticed the discrepancy, it was relatively easy to track down the payment that was lost. The Accounting firm that helped with the installation was of no help. Their solution was to create a journal entry, which of course brough GL up to date, but didn't solve the problem. Now this month, we're about $8,000 of...

Word 2007 changes format in a Word 2003 file
I am working in Word 2007. When I load a document from another computer created in Word 2003, the formatting changes. How can I keep the original formatting? -- dyager Hi dyager, Word uses the active printer driver, plus the installed fonts to work out the page layout. If the font versions or printer driver on the Word 2007 PC are different from those on the Word 2003 PC, that can account for the layout differences. -- Cheers macropod [Microsoft MVP - Word] "dyager" <dyager@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3086685F-C9AC-4A1F-9FB9-ED9B8C...

Changing Worksheetname
I use D1 to track the worksheetname. D1 =MID(CELL(""filename"",Sheetname!A1),FIND(""]"",CELL(""filename"",Sheetname!A1))+1,255) Is it possible to have it in reverse? i.e. to change the name of the worksheet to what is in cell (D1) Thanks daniel, without any error checking just use this, ActiveSheet.Name = [D1] -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "...

VBA Macro change column contents
I have a column in a worksheet which has a list of 3 digit numbers. I want to change the 3 digits to become 4 digits, the new fourth digit has to be a leading zero, i.e 355 to become 0355. I prefer the format of the digits to be a number but a text format would not be a problem. The length of the digits in the column are not static. i.e one month there may be 200 rows of data the next might be 300 and I would want the macro to cater for this variation. Thanks -- James James, A macro simply isn't necessary, select the column and apply a custom format of 0000 that...

Changing field size in report
I want to print a report with a memofield. The field contains different amounts of text. How can I change the field size according to the data amount? thanks in advance for any helpful hint jokobe Set the Can Shrink and Can Grow properties to yes. -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "jokobe" wrote: > I want to print a report with a memofield. The field contains different > amounts of text. How can I change the field size according to the data amount? > > thanks in advance for any helpful hint > > jokobe thanks for your fast answer, but that is not worki...

Shape changed.
/*It don't work as my desire.Unexpected shape of blue rectangel changed. Who can tell me why.Thanks! */ void CSDIView::OnDraw(CDC* pDC) { CSDIDoc* pDoc = GetDocument(); ASSERT_VALID(pDoc); CBrush brush; brush.CreateSolidBrush(0x00ff0000); m_rect.left = movrect_left; m_rect.top = movrect_top; m_rect.right = movrect_left+100; m_rect.bottom = movrect_top+100; pDC->FillRect(&m_rect,&brush); } void CSDIView::OnKeyDown(UINT nChar, UINT nRepCnt, UINT nFlags) { if(nChar == VK_DOWN) { InvalidateRect(m_rect); movrect_top += 10; //Invalidate(); //InvalidateRect(m_r...

SIZE OF FILE CHANGED
Ive got an excel file that was 1mb in size. I then made a couple of small alterations and now the file size has shot up to 8.5mb. The file is going to be uploaded to a website and may take a while to load. Any ideas why the file size had increased so dramatically. Cheers Duncan Here are 4 things that often reduce the size: 1) Blanks. Edit>Go To...>Special...>Tick Blanks. This will give you a Idea of how much space your Worksheet takes up. Try to reduce th Blanks 2) Fileformat. File>Save As...>Select Save as type: Microsoft Exce Workbook (*.xls). If you use Microsoft Exc...