Frx with Windows2008 x64

I am using GP 10 sp3 and FRx 6.7.10343  with Windows2008 x64 for SQL server
and Terminal server running GP.   After installing FRx, only administrator
can work with FRX.  Other users can’t access FRx application.

First thing I noticed was the 64-bit part. FRx isn't supported on 64-bit. The
SysData folder needs to live on a 32-bit machine. Check out KB 927690. Also
take a look at KB 918983 for more information on GP 10 and 64-bit.

Kind regards,

Leslie

"Syam" wrote:

> I am using GP 10 sp3 and FRx 6.7.10343  with Windows2008 x64 for SQL server
> and Terminal server running GP.   After installing FRx, only administrator
> can work with FRX.  Other users can’t access FRx application.
Are you sure SysData needs to be on a 32bit machine? I'd imagine most people
have it on a network share and the OS shouldn't matter.  The KB you cite
seems to say FRx itself (and Forecaster) cannot run on 64bit.  I read
elsewhere this was because they were dependant on an early VB library (5?)
that didn't work in WoW.

I was curious, is FRx was officially supported on SQL 2008 with FRx service
pack 11?

"Leslie Vail" wrote:

> First thing I noticed was the 64-bit part. FRx isn't supported on 64-bit. The
> SysData folder needs to live on a 32-bit machine. Check out KB 927690. Also
> take a look at KB 918983 for more information on GP 10 and 64-bit.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Leslie
>
> "Syam" wrote:
>
> > I am using GP 10 sp3 and FRx 6.7.10343  with Windows2008 x64 for SQL server
> > and Terminal server running GP.   After installing FRx, only administrator
> > can work with FRX.  Other users can’t access FRx application.
Thanks for your kind information.
"Leslie Vail" wrote:

> First thing I noticed was the 64-bit part. FRx isn't supported on 64-bit. The
> SysData folder needs to live on a 32-bit machine. Check out KB 927690. Also
> take a look at KB 918983 for more information on GP 10 and 64-bit.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Leslie
>
> "Syam" wrote:
>
> > I am using GP 10 sp3 and FRx 6.7.10343  with Windows2008 x64 for SQL server
> > and Terminal server running GP.   After installing FRx, only administrator
> > can work with FRX.  Other users can’t access FRx application.

FRx SP10
Is there a listing of the known problems cuased by applying SP 10 for FRx? I would like to install it to correct the excel export issue but I believe that this SP causes certain other problems. Sue Sue, Jan Harrigan has a pretty comprehensive write up on this: http://www.frxbuzz.com/frx-sp10-the-good-the-bad-and-the-ugly/ My 2 cents: the only real issue that I have seen (and only with 1 customer so far) is the C$ format on first row. And there is a workaround for this here: http://www.frxbuzz.com/frx-sp10-and-cs-currency-rounding-on-the-first-row/. And SP 10 absolutely correct...

Upgrade from 8 to 10 (and deal with x64)
We are currently running GP 8 w/ SP1a on a Windows 2000 Server running SQL 2000. We would like to upgrade to version 10. And in the process, move the installation to a Windows 2003 x64 server running SQL 2005 x64. I know the first step is up install SP5 for GP 8 (on the old server) and make sure everything is okay there. But what's next? I thought I would install GP 8 on the x64/SQL 2005 box, move the databases over, and then perform the upgrade to 10 on that new box. But can I even install GP 8 on the x64 server? I also thought of upgrading to GP 10 on the Windows 2000 server,...

Install on x64 Platform
When doing a new setup on the 64 bit Win2k3 paltform, I am now getting the following error: Microsoft CRM 3.0 Server Setup --------------------------- Internet Information Services (IIS) version 5 or later is not installed. I am able to view an html page, and asp page and an aspx page. I have enable asp and aspx pages but setup still returns the above error. Has anyone seen this before? Thanks, Jon ...

FRx 6.7 Registration Key Problem
I have an FRx 6.7 install running under Windows 2003 terminal services and when I installed everything, relocated the server, and tested, everything went smooth. I was able to access the system and pull up reports from the catalog. The problem now is that when the user logs in, they get an error that the Spec type isn't correct for this installation type etc, which I've traced back to the fact that the licensing is missing from the installation now. When I re-enter the license, it works fine until I close out of FRx at which point it apparently blows away all changes. This...

The future of FRx
Can somebody please clear this up for me. Currently we are using Dynamics GP 10 and FRx 6.7 for our financials. We are looking for a Business Intelligent tool that will let us create BI reports [we are an investment banking firm]. My research on Microsoft's site indicates that FRx is being phased out and it will be replaced by Management Reporter. I took a look at MR and it looks like a dupe of FRx. Also we are looking at Enterprise Reporter - can somebody confirm if ER can generate the same financials as FRx? I then hear that ER is being phased out. Which products should we be loo...

FRx #9
When I query up the report all is fine until I requests the print out. Then the CPU maxes out and drill32.exe takes over 50% of the CPU and the machine will lock out his session. Dear, first confirm this, Is FRx working properly and for this make a simple report like, make a Trial Balance Report and if it will work properly then please, check thoroughly all settings of your report as well as column and row conditions. Regards, SMA "Bruce" <Bruce@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E0E2486F-9579-45EF-B606-89B05C27B28F@microsoft.com... > When I query up ...

FRX
error 3050 when starting FRX any thoughts? Hmmmmm..... Doesn't appear to be a Pervasive error.... Could be a SQL error..... Could be an OS error..... With a lack of any other pertinent information, could it be a Windows error relating to not being able to lock the database..... Could occur if the user only has read access and therefore the database engine cannot write a lock.... How about the entire error message and more info about the version numbers for Greaat Plains, FRx, database, etc.... Just some thoughts..... Lyle On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 13:45:29 -0700, "Shannon" <sh...

Webpart for FRx
I've seen a couple of places refer to a webpart for FRx reports - does anyone know about it? Hello, FRx Webport is basically used for publishing FRx reports to intranet. This option enables you to view the reports in explorer. -- Thanks Janakiram M.P. MCP-GP http://janakirammp.blogspot.com "jland5" wrote: > I've seen a couple of places refer to a webpart for FRx reports - does anyone > know about it? ...

FRX help #2
I was wondering if there was any way to run a report in Frx by vendor name. So if I wanted to see what I paid ABC Company for the month by G/L code, it would show me. If so, how would you do it. Any help would be appreciated thanks Barb Can get everything except the GL code through a smart list : Payables Transactions Search Doc type = payment Doc Date between... Vendor ID = But getting to the GL account is beyond me (newbie) "BK" wrote: > I was wondering if there was any way to run a report in Frx by vendor name. > So if I wanted to see what I paid ABC Company for the...

Report Yields no data in FRx
We use GP 7.5 Standard MSDE and FRx 6.5.246. Upgrading is not an option right now. We created a historical company so that we could purge data from production in order to stay under that old 2 GB limit. When I set up the Historical company in FRx and try to print a balance sheet or P&L from the period that we purged in production, the reports yield no data. However I can print a trial balance in GP so I know the data is there. Also, FRx reports print OK for the current periods in the Historical company. I have: refreshed the SBI scripts deleted the .g32 files from sysdata reconciled GL ...

cloning a copy of FRx
We are using Microsoft Dynamics GP ver. 10.0 and FRx ver. 6.7. We are trying to discover how, when we make a clone of our production server on to a test server, to clone FRx also. When we have done this in the past, the cloned FRx spec set on test actually changes the spec set for the production or ‘live’ server. Of course, once we hear from the users about errors they’re receiving, we change the spec set back. But now the test server is pointing to the live spec set. It seems to allow only one way or the other. When we asked our VAR, their response was: if you want the clo...

FRX Security
Hi, I enabled FRX 6.7 security. Certain users are resticted to Row/Column/Catalogue Format. When these users edit row format, while saving it appears a message "error copying building block security". Thanks Jacob Jacob, What is your full FRx version? To find the full version, click the Help menu, and then click About FRx. The version should be 6.7.xxxx - the last four digits are what we need. I believe you're encountering an issue we fixed in SP3 for FRx 6.7 (the latest is SP4). If your version is earlier than 6.7.3073, you should be able to get past the problem b...

FRx 6.7: Accounts Not Displaying In Row File
I have successfully created Financial Statements for two of our three companies. However, I’m having a problem with the third one. In creating the row file, I specify a range from account 30000 through 99999. Most accounts show up in the list. Some don’t. The following account string will be my example of an existing account, with a balance, that does not show up in the row file: 00000-30035-00000 (30035 is the main account) If I manually insert a row into the row file, type in the description, and click the down arrow for the GL Link, the account does not display in the drop down. Ho...

logos in FRx
Has anyone come up with a way to place an image/logo in an FRx report? thx, Doug -- Doug Wilson Great Plains Consultant MCS Canada ...

FRx
Is anyone aware of a news forum or website that offers the sort of help found here for FRx? Thank you. DD What is FRx? Did you try searchin with Google? On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 10:16:38 -0800, "D. D. Scopes" <DDScopes@mrange.com> wrote: >Is anyone aware of a news forum or website that offers the sort of help >found here for FRx? > >Thank you. > >DD > Myrna Larson wrote: > What is FRx? It's a third-party reporting tool, like Crystal Reports. But not as modern AFAIK! Yes. No newsgroups or help forums. Thanks anyways sorry for being off-topi...

FRx
We have an FRx report containing 12 columns - one for each month. We are using the P<=B Print Control in the column layout to only print those months that are less than or equal to the Base Period. When we generate a report that contains six months or more and export it to an .XLS spreadhsheet it looks fine. However, if the report contains less than six months (fewer columns), we don't get our report heading. Is this due to a setup option somewhere in the catalog id? Have you checked the "Header Options" under your column layout? Look at the "spread from and ...

FRX reporting
How do you prepare an FRX report that includes some summarized rows (e.g. "regular pay" includes accounts for regular, vacation, sickleave, etc.) and some detail rows that show account detail? The Print Control "XD" in the row format suppresses the account detail in a detail report but also suppresses the summary line entirely. Do this in your row setup. For the Summary Account use ???? in you account string and for the detail use the full account number. "Tom H." wrote: > How do you prepare an FRX report that includes some > summarized rows (e.g. "...

Stumped with FRX
I am using GP 7.50 & trying to familiarize myself in FRX. I created a row format with my chart of accounts. However, what worries me is if I added a new natural code with this row format update automatically or do I need to recreate it each time. Can someone give me some direction?? Also, if there are two location p&L's that I want to combine-how do you do this??? I can see them individually but have no clue on combining...this manual is not helping me too much so any input would be appreciated. thanks again Barb You don't have to recreate it each time. You will ne...

frx & XML
Frx will produce XML files, but, how do I view them? Thanks Notepad. "noyb" <Anonymous@NOYB.com> wrote in message news:41012725.19D25166@NOYB.com... > Frx will produce XML files, but, how do I view them? > Thanks > Morgan wrote: > Notepad. > "noyb" <Anonymous@NOYB.com> wrote in message > news:41012725.19D25166@NOYB.com... > >>Frx will produce XML files, but, how do I view them? >>Thanks >> > > > Really??? well here is the first few lines of what notebook displays: <report rpt_id="0" include_t...

Moving FRx
Hello, we currently have GP 8.3 with 6.5 of FRx. We are getting a new box and will be moving to GP10 and want to go to FRx 6.7. Just wondering if there is a doc out there that explains how to move FRx the right way. I looked but could not find anything any help would be appreciated. Brian, You may want to follow the instructions given in KB article 861979. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com "Brian" wrote: > Hello, we currently have GP 8.3 with 6.5 of FRx. We are getting a new > box...

FRx Forecaster and Designer
Please can you advise the following. 1. Reports uses a tree with 730 units 2. Report is financial summary only 3. Report pull data from frx forecaster and Great Plains 4. Report run takes 4 hours 5. Gl index is setup in Great plains However Report run over 730 units pulling data from great plains takes less than 20 minutes Report run without a tree pulling only from great plains takes 1 minute Report run without tree pulling data from frx forecaster and great plains takes 5-10 minutes Have tried running reports directly on the citrix servers , no real speed difference from client...

FRX Multi Currency
Is there any work around when FRX DAX is not working as it is used to work with FRX Currency Translation Reporting? When using more than one data/record in DAX Table in one month/year - Historical eg. Retained Earnings Account. FRX is always returning an error message that the Balance in DAX Table is not equal to Great Plains computed Balance. This is causing discontentment from the client since the software can not deliver what it is intended to do. Instead of effeciency in Reporting, you have to manually compute the translated balances of Financial information. You can define onl...

Server 2008 x64 crashing
I have a 2008 server that has crashed 5 times this morning. The event logs show nothing right before the crash to point me in the right direction. All I have to go on is the Blue Screen. I am currently downloading the symbols needed to analyze a server 2008 crash file. Once I get that downloaded I might know more but I need some preliminary help on this. To start I want to make everyone aware, no hardware changes were made recently, no driver updates or installs were done recently, and no windows updates were done recently. Here is the BSOD info: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEP...

Analytical Accounting Budget info in FRx
Hi All, Has anyone had any issues adding AA budget info to FRx reports? I am trying to put the Budget figure into my Column Layout but when I go into the Zoom the only book codes are Actual and Unit account, no Budget? Any ideas VERY gratefully appreciated, I am a bit of a novice to AA and am finding it quite tough to understand. Thank you! Interesting question, I didn't try this out before but will try and get back to you, for the time being have you managed to get your AA codes "without budgets" in FRx correctly or you are facing issues? -- Regards, ...

PO numbers in FRx?
Hello: Can FRx transaction detail reports in drill-down viewer for income statements display PO numbers from GP Purchase Order Processing, or does FRx not get that detailed? childofthe1980s FRx can bring in the originating master number of a transaction, however, I cannot think of a case where the PO number will be the originating master number, since the PO itself is not an accounting transaction. So I think you'll be able to see the receipt and/or vendor invoice numbers there, but not the PO number. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions - home of GP Reports htt...