FRX Reporting to Excel

We are using version 8.0 of Great Plains and FRX Release
6.7.141.

If we try and send FRX report to Formatted Excel output
we get Frx Reporting Engine error "Table failed to open"

We do not get this error when sending to Excel output
(non formatted).

Anyone know what might cause this ?
0
anonymous (74722)

First, download FRx sp2. It fixes a lot of problems. I was, in fact,
able to use the formatted Excel as output.

I was working on this very issue earlier this year. FRx said the problem
would be fixed in sp3. Try sp2, though, and see if it fixes your problem.

Clyde Hall wrote:
> We are using version 8.0 of Great Plains and FRX Release
> 6.7.141.
>
> If we try and send FRX report to Formatted Excel output
> we get Frx Reporting Engine error "Table failed to open"
>
> We do not get this error when sending to Excel output
> (non formatted).
>
> Anyone know what might cause this ?

Excel 2002, Menu and Tool bars are gone.
Hi, Just had a call from a user that her Menu bar (File, Edit, View, Tools, etc...) is gone from all spreadsheets. I cannot restore them due to the menu bar being gone. How can I replace this without using safe mode? Any help is appreciated. View>toggle the Full Screen icon on/off. Does that help? -- Greeting from the Gulf Coast! http://myweb.cableone.net/twodays "Steven" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:03da01c3cf1a$e5339c50$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > > Just had a call from a user that her Menu bar (File, Edit, > View, Tools, ...

Excel macro 04-10-10
I have a macro which contains a formula which creates a number in a cell. I want to use that result in a formula in another cell. How do I save the result from the first cell so that I can use it in a second cell. The relative locations of the two cells may vary from spreadsheet to spreadsheet but I know how to activate each cell. =A1 -- Regards Dave Hawley www.ozgrid.com "msdrolf" <msdrolf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:33395E38-13FB-430A-8F6C-3BA3FB76FBAB@microsoft.com... >I have a macro which contains a formula which creates a n...

Excel template wizard #2
Dear All Am I right in thinking that although the Excel template wizard works with Excel 2002, it does not work on a Windows XP machine - or am I doing something wrong?Thanks Belinda. It work fine on Windows XP Home/Pro but was not part of Excel after 2000. Here is some information that may help: The other response was good - the installer does not seem to work since I downloaded and tried it several times. However, getting another copy does the trick - I had a copy of Office 2000 running on another machine so there is a good probablility that any copy of the wizard will work. Got ...

Excel Builder
Hello I am trying to use Great Plains Excel builder to connect to a SQL Server Table. But when I change the security to include it in the list, it does not display any tables. I am assuming it is a security issue, but even with the SA account I don't see them. When I just select the database and choose save it gives the following error. GPS Error: 58 SQL Error: 102 Microsoft ssql native client sql server incorrect syntax near 'from'. ODBC Error: 37000 I'm guessing this is because I didn't specify a table, so the query doesn't know what to query. Can someone h...

Access Excel Data Export
Hi, I have following problem: I need to export data from Access into Excel worksheet using VBA in Access. How to do it? Regards Witek On Aug 8, 8:06 am, Witek <witold.szczepan...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > I have following problem: I need to export data from Access into Excel > worksheet using VBA in Access. How to do it? > > Regards > Witek Will DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet work? ...

Problem with Excel 2003 Template
I downloaded a "Membership List" from Microsoft. It's fine except that the task pane opens when I open the program. I have unchecked the task pane option in tools/options, and tools/customize, and in view. Nothing works. How can I stop the task pane from opening? Thanks, W. G. Davis I don't have 2003, but you might try to copy and paste the data from your downloaded list, over to another Excel workbook. Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "William G. Davis" wrote: > I downloaded a "Membership List" from Microsoft. It's fine except that t...

"Displaying Excel Logo on Site"
Hi, I am creating a website that would like to display the "Excel" logo and I'm not sure as to the specs, rules, blah blah blah... I have visited MS.com feedback areas but none of these seem to direct me to a "YES" or "NO" answer. Does anyone know where I can get verification for this? Odd question huh! You folks are so used to the usual volley of formulas and linking this to that I figured I throw a curve ball at ya'. I seem to recall from my old "FrontPage" users manual (which I can't find!) that it was perfectly acceptable to ...

Excel 2000 under Terminal Services 2003
I am unable to drag and move page breaks in Excel page break preview under Windows 2003 Terminal Services. Any help please ...

controling excel from vba access and using sub procedures
Hi All, I'm having trouble getting my code to work using sub procedures in my vba code, this only happens when i am interacting with excel. I've tried to copy all the dims and defs from the calling procedure but to no avail at this time. sample code below. Dim strPath As String Dim rst As DAO.Recordset Dim Excel_Application As Excel.Application Dim Excel_Workbook As Excel.Workbook Dim Current_Worksheet As Excel.Worksheet Dim Data_Range Dim Worksheet_Name Dim db As Database Dim rs As Recordset D_now = Format(Date, "dd-mm-yy") ' Formated to use as part of fi...

Printing Excel Worksheet
I have made a summary that runs to 10 columns and a number of lines. The area I want to print out - and have switched my printer to landscape already - is A1 to K35. I'm struggling in setting the area for that printing and don't seem to be able to get beyond a single cell - or so it keeps telling me. Some help would be appreciated. Amos Hi Amos select cells A1:H35>File>Print Area>Set Print Area -- Regards Roger Govier "Amos Keeto" <AmosKeeto@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:45A769DC-D4DA-422D-8C0E-CB52FD37801C@microsoft.com... > ...

excel 2003
I've got a problem with excel 2003. When I select some sheets to print them in 1 print job, it splits the printjob to 2 seperate printjobs. This normaly is not a problem, but since I want to print to pdf, pdf-printer will regerate 2 files. Does anyone know how to solve this problem? I searched the internet allready, but I only found 1 solution. This is to set quality all to the same option, eg. all to 600 dpi. This solution only work for excel 97, but I tryed it anyway. Did not work :-( Some ideas? Maybe you can provide more details. I created a workbook with 4 worksheets. I select...

Excel Query #2
I got a stored procedure with 1 parameter and I want to call this stored procedure inside an Excel Query , I tried ..dbo.MySP ? It return with error message "Parameters are not allowed in queries that can't be displayed graphically" The purpose for this approach - This would allow me to anchor my parameter to certain cells on the spreadsheet. My report users could then change the values in those cells and click a button to refresh the query data. Thanks Mike ...

Is there an add-in or a utility for Excel Packaging?
Hi, I heard that there is an Office package that includes "developer tools" to create executable win applications from standard office packs (Access, Word, Excel, Powerpoint). I wonder if there is an add-in or a utility for Excel only... TIA --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. (Giden posta vir�ss�z olarak belgelendi.) Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.709 / Virus Database: 465 - Release Date: 22.06.2004 No, that is not true. You can not make an executable from/with Office applications. To make compiled exe files you need a programm...

Export Query to Excel in VB
Below is a code that works and what I like to do is every time I run the command the data will be created in a new worksheet? If yes, what will the code look like? This code is executed from a form. This query will run every month and will only collect data from the current month. Private Sub Command88_Click() On Error GoTo Err_Command88_Click Dim SavePath As String Dim strExport As String SavePath = "C:\MyFolder\MyFilename.xls" strExport = "MasterQry" DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet acExport, acSpreadsheetTypeExcel9, strExport, SavePa...

make an excel worksheet (sheet 2) open w/ the cursor located in t.
I have an excel worksheet with three sheets. Sheets 2 and 3 are locked so that entries can be made in only certain cells. Sheet 3 is linked to sheet 2 so that when an entry is made on sheet 2, the entry appears on sheet 3 in the corresponding cell. I would like sheet 3 to open in the cell the last entry was made (which is the corresponding cell on sheet 2 because sheet 3 is completly locked except for the link to sheet 2) Is there a simple way to perform this task? ...

Displaying multivalue field data in report
I have an Access 2007 database that was built upon the Access Contacts template. A multivalue field called Tags was added to the Contacts table that may have any or all values available in a table called Attributes. I have some sample data of contacts where the tag field for a record may contain a single tag like smart, or several values like smart, tall, agressive. When I try to display the tag values for each record in a report the displayed value is numeric like 2, 4, 7. How can I get the report to show the actual values instead of what appears to be an index value for eac...

Excel cahrt do not want plotting of empty cells
Hi, I have a chart I am trying to create, however, i not want to plot the empty ranges. I have used the NA() option in my formulas so that it does not get plotetd on my graphs but it is not working. How can I fix this error? Hi, What exactly does 'not working' mean? What type of chart? The use of NA() in a line chart will only suppress the displaying of a data marker. The line will be interpolated between real data points. http://www.andypope.info/charts/brokenlines.htm Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info <roniaelm@hotmail.com> wrote...

how do I export an excel graph in the 2000 version?
Depends what "export" means. You can copy and paste a chart from Excel to most programs. Generally a Paste Special works best when you just want a picture of the chart in say a Word or PPT document. If you want the chart in its own file, paste to a graphics program and do a Save As And then there are macro solutions. Hope this helps; come back will more details if not -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Paul" <Paul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1BE3E55A-1A62-4437-809E-99744CB6A96A@microsoft.com... > ...

Report Writer (Modify Stock PO Form)
I need to add a comment to all PO's forms. (ie. "All corespondents must reference the above PO number.") Can someone walk me through the process from start to finish or show me where to find this info. thanks, GP9.0 SP3 -- Christian S South Carolina Christian, If this is a comment that will be used very often, then you can create a comment ID in the Comment Setup window (Tools > Setup > Company > Comments) by entering the Comment ID, i.e., POREFRNCE. and setting the series to Purchasing. When you create your PO, you can select this comment ID from the lookup. ...

Student Log in network, Preview Report, then exit and log out
I set up single report 'rptStudent', a custom toolbar with print button. When student logs in network computer with student ID (like 881234567), I want: 1. my access start (I can put shortcut in startup) 2. automatically print preview rptStudent with student ID as criteria 3. when student close the print preview, it exits Access and logs off network automatically Can I use Dev Ashish's get user name: http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0008.htm ? How to put verything together? Thanks. found solution in http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0016.htm "Song Su" <csi...

Missing Menu Bar
I have a situation where the menu bar has disappeared. I closed and re-opened Excel, checked to see if the menu bar has been hidden but with no luck. Is there some kind of refresh process that can be tried to re-activate the menu bar? I could not find anything in Excel help. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks, Ian Hi Ian! With a workbook open, use ALT+F11 [Gets you to the Visual Basic Editor (VBE)] View > Immediate window Copy/paste or type the code line below into the Immediate window and then press ENTER Application.CommandBars("Worksheet Menu Bar").Enable...

Excel graph problems
Hello My excel skills aren't exaclty up to par, so I'm having some difficulties. I need to insert data into an excel worksheet. That data would then be inserted into an excel graph. But because I'll be inserting new data into the worksheet every day, I'll need to find a way to automatically update the graph with the new data inserted. This way I don't have to do it manually every time I add something. Could someone help me out? Thanks in advance, -Pieter Doutreligne Pieter, If you'll be adding data, like additional rows, and need the chart to accomodate them, y...

How do I get a percent in excel. ex 24 out of 32
How can I get a percentage of 24 out of 32 if a1=32 and a2=24? =A2/A1 formatted as a percentage or =B2/A2% depending on what you want to see and do with the answer Regards Trevor "snowynoe" <snowynoe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9AD1777F-0B8B-4DFF-A5DB-F2578D268CAD@microsoft.com... > How can I get a percentage of 24 out of 32 if a1=32 and a2=24? The key is to know that percentage is merely a fraction multiplied by 100. A1*100/A2 (with 24 in A1 and 32 in A2) will work but the magic of Excel to give 75 but you need to recall it is a percent. A...

Rotating Stock Charts in Excel
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I have read the threads on rotating Excel charts and realise that Stock charts cannot be rotated there. But I must rotate and put side by side 4 such charts (High-Low-Close). I cannot rotate them in Word or Powerpoint - the rotate function is disabled. I can rotate them and appose them very well in Appleworks but then I lose a lot of definition in the chart and the text. Any solution either in Microsoft or Appleworks <br> Thanks, <br> Kev Kev_Astan@officeformac.com wrote: > Version: 2008 Operating...

AND, OR in Reports
in any report in RMS, there's no way to put brackets when using operator to set the priority of the "AND" and "OR", this result in wrong report results, for example, if I'm trying to get the sales for specific item in a specific period specifying that the "date sold is between X and Y " and itemlookupcode = 'A' or itemlookupcode = 'B' or itemlookupcode = 'C', this will give us wrong results coz the sales will be true for the first item only but for the other two items, I'll be having all their sales, not in the spe...