FRx report #2

Hi,

I have an Income Statement in FRx which is restricted in the row format
to pull a specific department and also uses account filters with the
same restriction in the column format. I now have to modify that report
to include a new department that just got created. In the column
format, I included a separate column in the Month-to-date and YTD
sections with the account filters restricted to that department. The
problem with the report is that it doesn't tie with the GL trial
balance. I'm not sure what the problem is but I'm guessing is with the
row format. I would appreciate any help.

Thanks.
0
Donna (199)

If the Row format restricts to only 1 dept. the column will only report
on 1 dept., no matter how many dept's. you specify.

Donna wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have an Income Statement in FRx which is restricted in the row format
> to pull a specific department and also uses account filters with the
> same restriction in the column format. I now have to modify that report
> to include a new department that just got created. In the column
> format, I included a separate column in the Month-to-date and YTD
> sections with the account filters restricted to that department. The
> problem with the report is that it doesn't tie with the GL trial
> balance. I'm not sure what the problem is but I'm guessing is with the
> row format. I would appreciate any help.
>
> Thanks.
0
noyb4649 (154)

Options to Money software..? #2
I have found that money and quicken are being long and hard to learn. Does anyone know of simplier software options of simple download and organizing bank statements ? ...

Group Membership Report
Hi all! I have a big dynamic distribution Group and would like to see a report that show list of the membership. I want to have it in the csv format. If there is appropriate cmdlet or script for doing that? Thank you in advance. This from a Microsoft article gets you the membership. $MarketingDepartment = Get-DynamicDistributionGroup -Identity "Marketing Department" Get-Recipient -RecipientPreviewFilter $MarketingDepartment.RecipientFilter You're welcome to do the PowerShell research to figure out how to format it. Bruce Payette's book is good for t...

Can the MSDN version of CRM 1.2 be converted to a production system without losing any data?
I have the MSDN version of CRM. If I install it and configure a pilot system, can I later convert it to a full licensed system without losing any data? Does it require a new installation or just change the Company Name and License Key? Bill Walter Bill, You would need to migrate the data to the new install. The AD objects & DB Names are tied to the Org Name so you can't change them once they're installed. You're best bet would probably be to use the DMF to load the data to the new install. BTW, I believe, technically, that using the MSDN license for a Pilot is not allow...

No answer so I'm reposting (2 of 2): Export to .gif... suppress anti-aliasing?

FRx SP10
Is there a listing of the known problems cuased by applying SP 10 for FRx? I would like to install it to correct the excel export issue but I believe that this SP causes certain other problems. Sue Sue, Jan Harrigan has a pretty comprehensive write up on this: http://www.frxbuzz.com/frx-sp10-the-good-the-bad-and-the-ugly/ My 2 cents: the only real issue that I have seen (and only with 1 customer so far) is the C$ format on first row. And there is a workaround for this here: http://www.frxbuzz.com/frx-sp10-and-cs-currency-rounding-on-the-first-row/. And SP 10 absolutely correct...

"Reports" shows CC payment as expense?
Hi I'm using Money 2007, and I'm trying to view the "Reports". I have a checking account and credit card account. Even though I classify my credit card payments as "Credit Card Transfers/Payments" the Reports still shows those payments as Expenses. I purchase everything on my credit card, so it doubles the amount of expenses I have, instead of showing it as a transfer. For example if I charge $100 to my credit card, then pay off that credit card with my checking account, Money shows that I spent $200. $100 on the c/c and $100 paying the c/c. How can I correct...

Outlook 2002 error message #2
I am receiving the following error message when trying to sent an email in Outlook 2002: "Interface not Registered" and I am not able to sent emails. I can receive fine Hello I spent a multitude of hours today trying to solve the following problems with Office 1) Could not print from Outlook - always got a script error on line 134 2) Could not use Send To from Word or Excel and send the documents in Emai 3) Could not use Word as the default Email edito The usual error was "Interface not Registered" I performed the Repair installation (no help), and also removed Offi...

Report Header when printing muliple reports at once.
Hello. I have a button set up, that when clicked, asks for the start date and the number of months in which you'd like to print out reports for. Each report is two pages. I'd like the first page of each new report to be "Work Order" and then the second page of each report to say "Manhole Investigation". At the moment when you tell it to print all work orders that were done in the last month - it prints the very first page with "Work Order" and each page thereafter with "Manhole Investigation." I have it set up, in the report itself, w...

FRx 6.7 Registration Key Problem
I have an FRx 6.7 install running under Windows 2003 terminal services and when I installed everything, relocated the server, and tested, everything went smooth. I was able to access the system and pull up reports from the catalog. The problem now is that when the user logs in, they get an error that the Spec type isn't correct for this installation type etc, which I've traced back to the fact that the licensing is missing from the installation now. When I re-enter the license, it works fine until I close out of FRx at which point it apparently blows away all changes. This...

Exporting Contacts #2
When I try to Export Outlook 2002 Contacts folder as a .pst file, I get an error message--"cannot add Outlook- specific information to the store" . What is going on? ...

The future of FRx
Can somebody please clear this up for me. Currently we are using Dynamics GP 10 and FRx 6.7 for our financials. We are looking for a Business Intelligent tool that will let us create BI reports [we are an investment banking firm]. My research on Microsoft's site indicates that FRx is being phased out and it will be replaced by Management Reporter. I took a look at MR and it looks like a dupe of FRx. Also we are looking at Enterprise Reporter - can somebody confirm if ER can generate the same financials as FRx? I then hear that ER is being phased out. Which products should we be loo...

Exchange forwarding #2
When asking another network admin to forward a user's email to another address I received this reply, "We can not forward Jon Doe’s email. By default forwarders are disabled in exchange as part of Microsoft’s Best Practices for Security docs." Can someone tell me what kb article this comes from? The request was to forward the user's email to an outside address. We do this occassionally by creating a contact in exchange with the outside address and then forward the user's mail there. Thanks Here is some more info: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb...

How to make staff sales report and stock report
Dear All First table with names. second table with store items. I read the northwind for preparing invoices which does not fit my requirement. Pls give me links for me to read up on how to prepare report on persons who have made purchases by linking these two tables. Pls give any links where I can read on how to go about to prepare a report on persons who made purchases; report of stores opening stock, quantity sold and stock balance etc. Edit/Delete Message On Wed, 19 May 2010 10:09:01 -0700, CAPTGNVR <CAPTGNVR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Dear All >...

Expected shipments report for drop ships only
I'm trying to run an expected PO shipments report for drop- ships. Report writer is able to accept the restriction for showing only Standard POs by entering the restiction PO Type = 1. But the report does return any records if you use PO Type = 2 or <> 1. The report shows Drop Ships only if you are in Report Writer, but not if you access the report in Great Plains. And yes, I've checked security. How do I print the expected shipments PO report from GP (not report writer) for Drop Shipment POs only? ...

Update a Report from a Form
I have a button on a form that opens a report based upon that form. I want to be able to change the data in the record, then simply click the button to update the report. The button needs to update the record (without moving to the next record), close the last report if it is still opened, then open the new report (or simply update it) ...

metrologic scanpal 2
Hi all, is there anyone who is using/tried to use MEtrologic Scanpal 2 with RMS? how is it working with RMS, good, fair? do you have to download a txt file and import them to RMS? thanks, Kursat You will have to import a text file to RMS. I do not have experience with the ScanPal 2 and RMS, but with another software package. I did not care for the ScanPal, my experience was that in a retail environment with bright florescent llighting, I found it difficult to get a good read (successful scan) with it. "ProNY" wrote: > Hi all, > is there anyone who is using/tried to ...

Crystal Reports 9 timeout 10-14-04
Good afternoon! When creating a report using Crystal Reports Wizard in Crystal Reports 9, Crystal seems to just hang indefinitely. Any ideas? What version for Crystal reports you are using ?. You should be using Crystal Reports 9.0.22. Please follow the link regarding Crystal. http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/Community/CRMCrystalReportsFAQ.aspx We are using 9.2.2 - the correct version. "Dignity" wrote: > What version for Crystal reports you are using ?. You should be using > Crystal Reports 9.0.22. Please follow the link regarding Crystal. > > >...

Routing With 2 NICs
Hi, I have a problem with a slightly old set up, but I want to find a solution....have an XP Pro box, SP3, with two network cards. Card 1: this is my internet bound connection and has a public address on a 255.255.255.248 subnect. The gateway is a Cisco router and this connected to the internet without issues. Card 2: this is an internal private address and is connect to another internal network - just configured with IP address and subnet - no gateway. I have installed nating on the NICs, card 1 being public (full) and 2 being private. My network connecting on card 2 can...

CRM Reports Timing Out
I have got CRM 1.2 installed with SQL Server 2000 database. Installation includes only the default reports from Crystal. Have been running system for about 3 months and the Sales and Services CRM components are working fine. I am getting a timeout error when running several of the crystal reports. For example the Case Report "Case Activity & Notes" reports returns the following error: Timeout waiting for Crystal PageServer to respond Has anyone seen this error and know how to set the / reset the timeout value? Thank you, -- Doug M - DBA ...

Prebilling report in Great Plains
How do I generate the data through SQL which will mirror the prebilling T&M report in Project Accouting. What are the conditions that I will use on the tables ...

Report #3
Has anyone put together a simple report that lists all items that are overstocked - on hand is above the Restock Level? It would be great to have the ILC, Descpription, Qty Above Restock Level, and Qty On Hand. That way if a vendor wanted to know what you're overstocked in, you could quickly generate a report with the exact information. Right now I generate a report that shows On Hand, Restock Level and export to Excel, then do a column subtracting the On Hand from the Restock Level and that gives me my overage. -- Kris Kris, just open the report u r currently using in notepad,...

Report option has been deleted
We recently moved a company database to a new server. Now when we try to run any report options in GP, we get this message: "This report option has been deleted since you opened this window." Any ideas? We have many, many report options. Are your reports in a shared dictionary on the server? Does the Dex.Ini still point to the proper location or did you leave the Reports.dic on the old server and shut it down? -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008 Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books at http:...

EARN #2
work4click.blogspot.com Earn $5 to $75 per survey! Get paid to take online surveys - $5 to $75 per survey! Get paid to participate in online focus groups $50 to $150 per hour! Get paid to try new products - keep the products and get paid too! Get paid topreview movie trailers $4 to $25 per hour! Click here work4click.blogspot.com Surveyors Wanted! Flexible. Home Based. Earn $5 to $75 per survey! Get paid to take online surveys - $5 to $75 per survey! Get paid to participate in online focus groups $50 to $150 per hour! Get paid to try new products - keep the products and get paid too! Get p...

create report based on data from other form?
2x forms one form contains addresses, each record shows a different address, each record has a unique project_id the other form contains invoices, each record shows a different invoice number, date and project_id i want a button on the address form that opens a report, the report only shows those invoice records that have the same project_id as the record that is currently viewed on the address form how do i do this? hi, On 15.04.2010 12:58, Seddon Acaster wrote: > i want a button on the address form that opens a report, the report only > shows those invoice re...

Help with Array Formula #2
Hi there, I have a spreadsheet with 7 columns (named Bird, Cow, Horse, Rabbit, Pig, Cat, Dog) and 23 rows that have either yes or no in each cell - mainly no's. If there is a 'yes' in Bird then there should be 'no' in each of the other 6 columns (Cow, Horse, Rabbit, Pig, Cat, Dog). Basically, if there is a 'yes' in Bird then they have identified themselves as 'Bird' rather than any other animal. I then have 10 more columns (named ans1, ans2, ans3, etc) that each have responses such as "A", "B", "C", "D", &quo...