FRx question #2

Hi, I am trying to design a report in FRx that displays data based on
department but I need it to report one row for all departments with
one GL code and then a seperate line for one specific department, same
GL code.  For example, GL code XXXX has departments 1-10, and I need a
report that shows all activity except department 3, then a seperate
line that shows department 3 by itself.  Is this possible?

Build a tree like so:
Total Summary
    Group one
      dept 1 (can be non-printing)
      dept 2 ("")
      dept 4 ("")
      etc.
    Dept 3

Jenhickey68 wrote:
> Hi, I am trying to design a report in FRx that displays data based on
> department but I need it to report one row for all departments with
> one GL code and then a seperate line for one specific department, same
> GL code.  For example, GL code XXXX has departments 1-10, and I need a
> report that shows all activity except department 3, then a seperate
> line that shows department 3 by itself.  Is this possible?

0
noyb4649 (154)
3/15/2007 8:16:26 PM
Ok I got a little more clarification about the report and I think I
was initially wrong.  What I need to be able to do is run a report for
a range of GL codes, say 7300, 7301, 7302, and 7303 and have one line
that shows all activity for dept 30, 40, and 50 but excludes activity
for dept 30, GL code 7301.  The excluded amount then would be on the
next line down it the report.

Kind of hard to say anything specific. You will have to play around with
combinations of trees and row reports to include/exclude certain dept's
and account numbers.

Jenhickey68 wrote:
> Ok I got a little more clarification about the report and I think I
> was initially wrong.  What I need to be able to do is run a report for
> a range of GL codes, say 7300, 7301, 7302, and 7303 and have one line
> that shows all activity for dept 30, 40, and 50 but excludes activity
> for dept 30, GL code 7301.  The excluded amount then would be on the
> next line down it the report.

0
noyb4649 (154)
3/16/2007 6:12:20 PM
Have a non-printing row with the amount for all those accounts for all those
divisions.

Have the next row be Account 7301 and select division 30 from the tree
(select the tree's unit in the row format column D-related rows/unit).

Then insert a row between those two and perform a calculation subtracting
the second row from the first.

barb

"Jenhickey68" wrote:

> Ok I got a little more clarification about the report and I think I
> was initially wrong.  What I need to be able to do is run a report for
> a range of GL codes, say 7300, 7301, 7302, and 7303 and have one line
> that shows all activity for dept 30, 40, and 50 but excludes activity
> for dept 30, GL code 7301.  The excluded amount then would be on the
> next line down it the report.

0
barbola (98)

Can the MSDN version of CRM 1.2 be converted to a production system without losing any data?
I have the MSDN version of CRM. If I install it and configure a pilot system, can I later convert it to a full licensed system without losing any data? Does it require a new installation or just change the Company Name and License Key? Bill Walter Bill, You would need to migrate the data to the new install. The AD objects & DB Names are tied to the Org Name so you can't change them once they're installed. You're best bet would probably be to use the DMF to load the data to the new install. BTW, I believe, technically, that using the MSDN license for a Pilot is not allow...

No answer so I'm reposting (2 of 2): Export to .gif... suppress anti-aliasing?

Simple? Reference Question
Can I reference a value in a spreadsheet that is not open? I have 2 spreadsheets, 1 for the totals- and 1 for the values. I want the total spreadsheet to update when the value spreadsheet is updated. Do I need a macro to open the spreadsheet, grab the values and pull them into the total spreadsheet, and close the values? Thanks, Jesse No need for a macro- just open both files at once. Let's call them Source.xls and Target.xls: Target is the file your working on, and Source is the one that holds the data to be referenced. With both files open, start the formula in Target.xls, an...

FRx SP10
Is there a listing of the known problems cuased by applying SP 10 for FRx? I would like to install it to correct the excel export issue but I believe that this SP causes certain other problems. Sue Sue, Jan Harrigan has a pretty comprehensive write up on this: http://www.frxbuzz.com/frx-sp10-the-good-the-bad-and-the-ugly/ My 2 cents: the only real issue that I have seen (and only with 1 customer so far) is the C$ format on first row. And there is a workaround for this here: http://www.frxbuzz.com/frx-sp10-and-cs-currency-rounding-on-the-first-row/. And SP 10 absolutely correct...

Question with regard to Average formula
Hi all, I have a work sheet called 'HSO Front Sheet' and another one called 'HSO Data sheet'. On the front sheet it averages 5 cells from the data sheet using the following forumla: ='HSO Data sheet'!D4+'HSO Data sheet'!F4+'HSO Data sheet'!H4+'HSO Data sheet'!J4+'HSO Data sheet'!L4 If no data is contained within the data sheet the cell on the front sheet returns: #DIV/0! This then messes up an average of the averages sum i've got elsewhere :P I've tried ='HSO Data sheet'!D4+'HSO Data sheet'!F4+'HSO Data sh...

Is there a newsgroup for Blackberry questions?
Hello! Anyone know of a group for Blackberry support? Gregg Hill Gregg Hill <bogus@nowhere.com> wrote: > Anyone know of a group for Blackberry support? comp.dcom.telecom seems to have discussions on that. -- Brian Tillman Thank you, Brian! "Brian Tillman" <tillman1952@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:uxoIuvkqEHA.2732@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Gregg Hill <bogus@nowhere.com> wrote: > >> Anyone know of a group for Blackberry support? > > comp.dcom.telecom seems to have discussions on that. > -- > Brian Tillman ...

Pivottables #2
My PivotTable has 8 fields in the data area. They are yearly totals and %'ages. If I deselect a field in the Data drop-down, it disappears from the list and cannot reselect it again. I need to re-add the field back to the data area. I would like my users to be able to select/deselect from the data list so they can look at one year's totals or all the years' totals. I noticed if I deselect one of the entries in my rows or columns sections, the field remains, but unchecked. Is there anyway to do it with the data field? If you uncheck an item in the data dropdown list, it...

Public Folder Propagate Settings question
In reading through the Exchange documentation on public folder replication and public folder moving to other servers in the site, there is a reference to going to the public folder top level, and clicking on "propagate settings". What it doesn't clarify is, if you have already established MAPI permissions on some sub-folders, and have already established NTFS security settings on some other sub-folders, will these permissions be overwritten with the propagated top level values? I want to replicate all my public folders to another server in the site without having to enable rep...

Query Ascending Question
In a Ascending order on a query how can I get the blanks to come last, now its ordering blanks first then a,b,c,...Thanks for your help...Bob SELECT SomeTable.* FROM SomeTable ORDER BY [SomeColumn] Is Null, SomeColumn; Where 'SomeTable is the name of your table and 'SomeColumn' is the name of the column on which you want to sort. -- Brendan Reynolds Access MVP "Bob" <xxx@xx.xx> wrote in message news:evnf6a$1me$1@lust.ihug.co.nz... > > > In a Ascending order on a query how can I get the blanks to come last, now > its ordering blanks first th...

Picture Properties Question
I can find no way to get picture info once I pull a jpg or bmp into my Pub document so I assume that the original picture doesn't retain its name or extension. Is there any way to change this so that any pics I bring in will retain the info automatically? Does the new version of Publisher retain info? TIA, Catt Hi Catt (Catt@discussions.microsoft.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || I can find no way to get picture info once I pull a jpg or bmp into || my Pub document so I assume that the original picture doesn't retain || its name or extension. Is there any way to change thi...

FRx 6.7 Registration Key Problem
I have an FRx 6.7 install running under Windows 2003 terminal services and when I installed everything, relocated the server, and tested, everything went smooth. I was able to access the system and pull up reports from the catalog. The problem now is that when the user logs in, they get an error that the Spec type isn't correct for this installation type etc, which I've traced back to the fact that the licensing is missing from the installation now. When I re-enter the license, it works fine until I close out of FRx at which point it apparently blows away all changes. This...

Exporting Contacts #2
When I try to Export Outlook 2002 Contacts folder as a .pst file, I get an error message--"cannot add Outlook- specific information to the store" . What is going on? ...

The future of FRx
Can somebody please clear this up for me. Currently we are using Dynamics GP 10 and FRx 6.7 for our financials. We are looking for a Business Intelligent tool that will let us create BI reports [we are an investment banking firm]. My research on Microsoft's site indicates that FRx is being phased out and it will be replaced by Management Reporter. I took a look at MR and it looks like a dupe of FRx. Also we are looking at Enterprise Reporter - can somebody confirm if ER can generate the same financials as FRx? I then hear that ER is being phased out. Which products should we be loo...

Exchange forwarding #2
When asking another network admin to forward a user's email to another address I received this reply, "We can not forward Jon Doe’s email. By default forwarders are disabled in exchange as part of Microsoft’s Best Practices for Security docs." Can someone tell me what kb article this comes from? The request was to forward the user's email to an outside address. We do this occassionally by creating a contact in exchange with the outside address and then forward the user's mail there. Thanks Here is some more info: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb...

Merging in Publisher 2002 #2
When working on mail merges in Word, you have a source document and a master or main document that combined, produced a seperate MERGED DOCUMENT that you can edit and then print. I can't figure out how to produce a MERGED DOCUMENT within Publisher. I have a source document that I import into a master or main document, but if I edit that document, I change every page in that document. For example, I have an insert field called Publication Name. After I hit VIEW MERGE I can skip through the document and view names that have been imported to replace the Publiscation Name insert ...

Embedded Objects #2
I have an end user who is using Windows XP SP1. He is using Office 2002 SP-2. He currently has an existing word document with 2 embedded word documents in the body of the letter. When he sends out emails he will open the word doc and do a "copy-all" and a "paste-all" into the Outlook 2002 SP-2 email. The contents of the original word document are then pasted into the new email, but the problem is that the embedded documents are pasted as "gif" objects and not the actual word documents. Any suggestions on how to get around this? The user also clai...

automate charting #2
To continue the analogy: The four columns of numbers represent the different activities of the fruit eg. in stock, on order, sitting on the shelf, sitting by the counter. The first two columns of numbers are in thousands, and so get plotted against the left y-axis. The last two columns of numbers are in tens, and so get plotted the right y-axis. The month column is plotted along the x-axis. Is the answer still a PivotTable with an associated PivotChart? Rgds, Ooi Ooi - Use a Pivot Table, with a Pivot Chart or a Regular Chart. Put headers on your data (which is already ideally set up f...

questions
Can you help me?I can't understand.PLEASE TELL ME !HOW IS OUTLOOK EXPRESS? Slick - but you are asking in the wrong news group. Try one for Outlook Express, this one deals with Outlook. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer user27 <user27@mail.edu> asked: | Can you help me?I can't understand.PLEASE TELL ME !HOW IS OUTLOOK | EXPRESS? ...

Lost mail #2
I had a computer crash (power supply and motherboard). I installed my harddrive as a slave on my new computer and have been able to retrieve my private directory files by taking ownership. Could someone tell me where and how I could access my old outlook (same version as new computer) contacts and emails. I should have made hard copies of important emails, but I didn't and now I desperately need to find my old correspondances. When I open outlook it defaults to the master harddrive. Dan Dan <dorlowski1@cogeco.ca> wrote: > I had a computer crash (power supply and m...

FRx #9
When I query up the report all is fine until I requests the print out. Then the CPU maxes out and drill32.exe takes over 50% of the CPU and the machine will lock out his session. Dear, first confirm this, Is FRx working properly and for this make a simple report like, make a Trial Balance Report and if it will work properly then please, check thoroughly all settings of your report as well as column and row conditions. Regards, SMA "Bruce" <Bruce@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E0E2486F-9579-45EF-B606-89B05C27B28F@microsoft.com... > When I query up ...

Another IMF V2 question
I just reinstall SP2 on my Exchange 2003, and I still don't see the IMF option under my default SMTP virtual server. And YES I have checked the box (Apply IMF filter) in the Advanced propreties on the Default SMTP virtual server. Anyone has an idea? REgards JP The only thing on the advanced properties of the SMTP virtual server is to turn on/off the different filtering options. IMF settings are found under ESM > Global Settings > Right Click on Message Delivery > Intelligent Message Filtering tab. "JP Breton" <jpbreton@videotron.ca> wrote in message ...

EARN #2
work4click.blogspot.com Earn $5 to $75 per survey! Get paid to take online surveys - $5 to $75 per survey! Get paid to participate in online focus groups $50 to $150 per hour! Get paid to try new products - keep the products and get paid too! Get paid topreview movie trailers $4 to $25 per hour! Click here work4click.blogspot.com Surveyors Wanted! Flexible. Home Based. Earn $5 to $75 per survey! Get paid to take online surveys - $5 to $75 per survey! Get paid to participate in online focus groups $50 to $150 per hour! Get paid to try new products - keep the products and get paid too! Get p...

Public Folder Questions #3
This may be a stupid question and I have tried what I thought was correct and still no luck. What I have is a public folder for our tech support people to go to for tech support email. Is there a way when one of the reads the message in the folder, that it marks it as being read and when it marks it that way, that when other tech support people go into the folder it shows that is has been read to them to? If that is possible, I need help in getting that setup and implemented. This would make life simplier as being able to go to one centralized place to get messages made it easy, but...

Help with Array Formula #2
Hi there, I have a spreadsheet with 7 columns (named Bird, Cow, Horse, Rabbit, Pig, Cat, Dog) and 23 rows that have either yes or no in each cell - mainly no's. If there is a 'yes' in Bird then there should be 'no' in each of the other 6 columns (Cow, Horse, Rabbit, Pig, Cat, Dog). Basically, if there is a 'yes' in Bird then they have identified themselves as 'Bird' rather than any other animal. I then have 10 more columns (named ans1, ans2, ans3, etc) that each have responses such as "A", "B", "C", "D", &quo...

Replying with attachments #2
Hi, In Outlook 2000, when you reply to a message it does not include the attachment. Is there a settings or some other way to include the attachment in the reply? An example of why you would want to do this, is if you are replying to a message, but want to include others on the email, they would then have the original attachment. Thanks for any help you can provide. Scott You should use forward then as it is implied that the sender already has the attachment and basically you are now forwarding it to other people as well. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com T...