FRX Printing Error

I am running FRX in a Citrix environment and can access FRX as an application
or through Great Plains.  When trying to print a report in FRX when it has
been opened as a single application I get the error "Couldn't get printer
information.  Make sure you have a default printer."  When I try to change
the printer, I get the error, "Error: ).  Occurred in: PrintCommonDialog()".
I can only print and change the printer if I open FRX within Great Plains.
Any suggestions on how to be able to print in both places.  None of the other
5 users using FRX in Citrix have this problem.

Thanks in advance for your response!
0
sgreer (16)

Make sure the default printer on your workstation is a real printer.
That is, not Adode PDF (or imitator), or the Microsoft Office Document Image
Writer.
Have this set before establishing your Citrix session.
Check that your citrix session / published app is set to wait for the client
created printers before continuing.

------
Robert

"sgreer" <sgreer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am running FRX in a Citrix environment and can access FRX as an
>application
> or through Great Plains.  When trying to print a report in FRX when it has
> been opened as a single application I get the error "Couldn't get printer
> information.  Make sure you have a default printer."  When I try to change
> the printer, I get the error, "Error: ).  Occurred in:
> PrintCommonDialog()".
> I can only print and change the printer if I open FRX within Great Plains.
> Any suggestions on how to be able to print in both places.  None of the
> other
> 5 users using FRX in Citrix have this problem.
>
> Thanks in advance for your response!

0
Robert
7/21/2006 3:56:14 AM
Thank you for your response, I will give that a try.

"Robert Cavill" wrote:

> Make sure the default printer on your workstation is a real printer.
> That is, not Adode PDF (or imitator), or the Microsoft Office Document Image
> Writer.
> Have this set before establishing your Citrix session.
> Check that your citrix session / published app is set to wait for the client
> created printers before continuing.
>
> ------
> Robert
>
> "sgreer" <sgreer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am running FRX in a Citrix environment and can access FRX as an
> >application
> > or through Great Plains.  When trying to print a report in FRX when it has
> > been opened as a single application I get the error "Couldn't get printer
> > information.  Make sure you have a default printer."  When I try to change
> > the printer, I get the error, "Error: ).  Occurred in:
> > PrintCommonDialog()".
> > I can only print and change the printer if I open FRX within Great Plains.
> > Any suggestions on how to be able to print in both places.  None of the
> > other
> > 5 users using FRX in Citrix have this problem.
> >
> > Thanks in advance for your response!

0
sgreer (16)

double sided printing
At our office we have a printer that does double sided printing. We are trying to set up our reports to print out double sided. The problem that we seem to be having is that Excel treats each worksheet as a new print job and therefore we can not seem to find a way to get Excel to print one worksheet on one side of the page and the next worksheet on the other side. If you have two pages in one worksheet then you can get those to print double sided but the problem there is that Excel then assigns these two pages the same page number. So my question is this... Is there any way to get ...

print selected text OL2003
hey folks been beating my head on wall for a few days now any one knows a way to set printing options/styles to print selected text in a message ? this is for MS Outlook 2003. thanks no, it's an all or nothing deal. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Subscribe to Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter: ...

Purchasing Error: You can't change the status of this line item; it has unposted receipts assigned to it.
User is trying to close a PO. Goes into Edit PO Status window and searched on PO, and returns two line items (two different receipts). First item has status of Released. Tries to change to Closed, and gets error: You can't change the stauts of the line item; it has unposted receipts assigned to it. Have searched through interface and SQL, and cannot locate any unposted receipts for this PO/item. Noticed that the qty on the original PO for this line item is 32 and qty on receipt is 31 (not sure if relevant or not). Have also Check Links on Purchasing module, but did not resolve. Any su...

Printing Color-Coded Worksheet in Black & White Mode in Excel 2003
I work with farily complex Excel worksheets which require print outs as both hard copy and PDF. I normally keep the formatting as they are and select [Black and White] in [Page Setup] [Sheet], as this preserves the integrity of the financial model while printing out a clean copy for the enduser. However, this function basically converts everyting color-coded to black & white, including cell shading patterns; I normally accentuate certain important cells by shading them in black and using a white font color. While I want the output to be black & white, I do want to preserve this p...

Print random invoices from multiple batches in one step
Hi, I am looking for a way to print random invoices (invoice #s separted by commas) in one step. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks If you are on v10, you can use the Sales Transactions List from the Navigation Bar (Click on Sales, then select All Sales Transactions) to pick specific invoice numbers. You may then click on the Print Documents option under the Actions toolbar on the ribbon to print those specific documents. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at...

Cannot Find File error message
We have several users that have been getting a "Cannot find file xyz.xl (or one of its components)..." when they try to launch an xls Excel fil from Windows explorer or an icon. Sometimes the users are using th files ok and then the next time they go in and try to launch the files this message appears. We use a tool called Installshield to updat their files and install any new xls files. Is there a reason why w may be getting this message? This file actually does exist -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Sometimes one of these works: Tools|Options|General|Ignore ...

Outlok -CRM Mail Merge Error
Hi All, When I send mail merge on campaign using outlook - CRM i always got error message: A SQL Server error. Check Microsoft Dynamic CRM Community for Solutions any response would be appreciate. Thanks KS I had this error too. When I changed the user's security role to "read" Leads - the error dissappeared! I have no idea why this should have fixed the problem. Adrian. "KS" wrote: > Hi All, > > When I send mail merge on campaign using outlook - CRM i always got error > message: > A SQL Server error. Check Microsoft Dynamic CRM Community...

Printing #4
Hi all, I have a problem printing landscape and portrait ranges in the same worksheet.Does anyone know how to do it? PeterD -- peterD ------------------------------------------------------------------------ peterD's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=23912 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=375524 Do two different File|Print's. One for Landscape and the other for Portrait. peterD wrote: > > Hi all, > I have a problem printing landscape and portrait ranges in the same > worksheet.Does anyone kno...

ADODB find error "Rowset does not support scolling backward"
good day. i am trying to find the amount paid on a transaction previous to a certain transaction i wanted to find on certain table opened using ADODB recordset.... ------------- Dim rst As ADODB.Recordset Set rst = New ADODB.Recordset rst.Open "Select TransactionID,MonthlyBillID,AmountPaid from [Customer Monthly Bills] where TransactionID=" & TransactionID & " ORDER BY MonthlyBillID", CurrentProject.Connection If rst.EOF Then MsgBox "No past transactions found from this customer", vbCritical, "Customer Monthly Bills Entry Form" ...

FRX help #2
I was wondering if there was any way to run a report in Frx by vendor name. So if I wanted to see what I paid ABC Company for the month by G/L code, it would show me. If so, how would you do it. Any help would be appreciated thanks Barb Can get everything except the GL code through a smart list : Payables Transactions Search Doc type = payment Doc Date between... Vendor ID = But getting to the GL account is beyond me (newbie) "BK" wrote: > I was wondering if there was any way to run a report in Frx by vendor name. > So if I wanted to see what I paid ABC Company for the...

Client Area for printing
How can I set up my client area so that it matches the size of a printing page? -- Just Al "Al" <Al@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:39901C39-732C-4BA2-A11A-A46577BED912@microsoft.com... > How can I set up my client area so that it matches the size of a printing > page? I am not entirely sure what bit of information you're lacking here. The client area is the area of a window which you are responsible for drawing. Document windows are usually resizable. The document itself may know about the printer page for which it is formatted. When y...

An error has occurred message
I have recently moved my CRM from one server to another within the same domain. The system is up and working better than ever, however, I have one major problem. When I go into any of the main settings, such as "Business Units" and double click the unit, I get; "An error has occurred. For more information contact your system administrator". I have restarted the services. I have tried this as every user but have the same problem. Any help would be appreciated. I have also found the following; I have recently moved the CRM server onto a new server within the same ...

Data Migration Error
Hi All, Im having trouble importing email activites into MS CRM. When running the migration tool , Im getting the following error in the logs for every email I've set up as an activity. I've checked the guids for the owninguser and the objectid (contact), and they all exist. Im not creating any associated records in the cdf_ActivityParty table, as I only want to store the link for the "regarding" item so to speak. Thoughts anyone? - Its my last issue to resolve before I can put this out to production. Regards, Cameron 21/10/2004 - 8:43:18 AM -- [ERROR] Failed to...

Label Printing #3
I have brother 7820 printer and When I print label using avery 5160 paper by label wizard The problem I have on 3rd row If price is $15.99 the last nine print only half. It look like $15.9 . How should I fix this problem Gil, If you are speaking about the 3rd column or label, check the printer's print margins or you will have to modify the label template. -- * Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader to see and download the file attachment. If you are not using a reader, follow the link below to setup Outl...

Publishing customisation error 04-26-05
I have recently added some additional attributes to the Product entity in Schema Manager as well as adding these to the Edit form. I try to deploy these changes to CRM using Deployment Manager -> All tasks -> Publish customization. I get to Select web server and do Add..., then nothing happens, it appears hung. I'd be grateful for any ideas as I've tried everything I can think off. CRM is on SBS 2003 (within Virtual PC if that makes any difference) Regards, Kyaw ...

Crystal Report Error
We have moved our CRM server to a new box (not the data) and restored the crystal reports database - but now we get the following error: Please verify that you have enough Crystal licenses Fix? ...

How: Link Word merge document to Quote from 'print quote for custo
In CRM 4.0 we want to do this as sometimes the sales person does minor amendments to word merge document, and if customer looses quote and wants another sent, any member of staff can send them a copy again. Currently the workaround is to save to Word document and then add Note to Quote and then attach Word file manually. Is there a better way than this? ...

microsoft framework library error
I recently installed Office 2004 on my macpro laptop and have two problems: when I launch powerpoint, excel , or word I get an error box which states, "unexpected error occurred while trying to load microsoft framework library" also, I cannot open any word, excel, powerpoint documents from my desktop directly. I have to open the generic excel, word, or powerpoint from my applications menu first. Please advise. thanks, On 29/1/07 17:38, in article 1170092300.298736.30150@a34g2000cwb.googlegroups.com, "zuniga71@gmail.com" <zuniga71@gmail.com> wrote: > I rece...

Recovery storage group error
Running Exchange 2003, SP1, native mode on Windows 2003 I have created a recovery storage group, and when I right click on it to add the database to recover, I get the following error: The search filter cannot be recognized. Facility: Win32 ID no: 8007203e Exchange System Manager I have verified that AD has synced. Any ideas? ...

How can I number my tickets that are to be printed 4 to a page
I have to print 200 tickets that need to be numbered individually in sequence there are 4 tickets to a page. I have tried to work on the whole page of 4 but i cannot find out how to do it. When you do a merge, you can only have one ticket on your page. In page setup, type the dimensions of your ticket, click change copies per sheet, adjust the margins and the gaps. Setup your data base for consecutive numbers, open the Mail & Catalog merge wizard from the tools menu and follow the steps. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.micr...

FrontPage error message
I haven't touched 2003 for quite a while and I can't get past tril period has expired, this version no longer functions. Order or Quit -- Davidsgtc The trial period for FP2003 expired at least three years ago. If yours is a trial version, then you may as well uninstall it. FrontPage is no longer on sale or supported (though Amazon or Ebay may have copies). If it is a retail version - then try a repair or reinstall. FrontPage has been replaced by SharePoint Designer or Expression Web. There is a trial for Expression Web at http://www.microsoft.com/expression If you buy or ...

error report on closing down application
Every time I close outlook (version 2002) error report: CiceroUIWndFrame: OUTLOOK.exe - Application error The instruction at "0x74706b41" referenced memory at "0x74706b41". The memory could not be "read". Click on OK to terminate the program Any idea what this is about?? I have also tried to reinstall but error is still coming up Hi cs, have you installed any Add Ins or a Virus Programm? Please deactivate them and look if its work after that -- Ich habe nichts gemacht, gestern gings noch! Bitte in den Newsgroup antworten damit jeder etwas davon hat. Br...

Can't 'Save As' Workbook due to 'Protected Cell' error
When I try to 'Save As' a workbook that I e-mailed to our MIS guy t post on our server, everyone gets a 'The cell or chart you are tryin to change is protected and therefore read only' error. I then have t click the 'OK' 11 times before it allows the 'Save As'. My earlie versions of the workbook do not get this error. Thanks for your help ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ~~Now Available: Financial Statements.xls, a step by step...

Error with Transfer in PO with QB2004 Integration
LOG ERROR TEXT: ---------------------------------------------- The following purchase order(s) could not be posted to QuickBooks: Purchase order '00001' in batch 9 does not have a supplier. Add a supplier to this purchase order before posting this batch. Purchase order '0000002' in batch 9 does not have a supplier. Add a supplier to this purchase order before posting this batch. ---------------------------------------------- Problem A. Normal PO post fine to Quickbooks B. Since this is a single <Store Supplier> button cannot be selected on Transfer In C. Have tried jus...

macro error in Outlook client
Hello, if I make a mail merge in Outlook (CRM Laptop/Desktop Client) and the popup-window opens, I get a macro error. The script dont run. I´ve found nothing exceptionally in the configuration of outlook and internet explorer. Any Ideas? greetings, Stefan ...