FRx - invalid path for work drive

Hi,

I get an error "Invalid path for work drive" in FRx. This is only specific
to one user on one machine. Can anyone help me fix it.

Thanks,
Peter
0
PeterH (48)

In FRx, go to Admin | Processing Options. Make sure that an Optional Work
Drive is specified. For example C:\TEMP or compare this path to another
workstation that does work.

--
Elisabeth

"PeterH" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I get an error "Invalid path for work drive" in FRx. This is only specific
> to one user on one machine. Can anyone help me fix it.
>
> Thanks,
> Peter
0
Elisabeth (60)

FRx SP10
Is there a listing of the known problems cuased by applying SP 10 for FRx? I would like to install it to correct the excel export issue but I believe that this SP causes certain other problems. Sue Sue, Jan Harrigan has a pretty comprehensive write up on this: http://www.frxbuzz.com/frx-sp10-the-good-the-bad-and-the-ugly/ My 2 cents: the only real issue that I have seen (and only with 1 customer so far) is the C$ format on first row. And there is a workaround for this here: http://www.frxbuzz.com/frx-sp10-and-cs-currency-rounding-on-the-first-row/. And SP 10 absolutely correct...

CRM Reports does not work
I have setup the report service server but it almost a year it has not work. I have activated the report server followed the procedure and i can see the default report server page Such as Reportserver/reports but it is not integrated with crm. can any one help You can check if the following reg. key is set correctly: SQLRSServerURL with value: http://<srsservername>/reportserver Lan -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "FK" <femi_dada@smarthostdesign.com> wrote in message news:6B8C0A57-6090-4C21-88EF-E3D0423A74...

Query looks like wrong order but appears to work, why?
SQL Server 2005, maybe also 2000. SELECT * FROM tableA JOIN tableB JOIN tableC ON ( <conditionC> ) JOIN tableD ON ( <conditionD> ) ON ( <conditionB> ) Can you do that? We didn't know that you could do that. But something like this seems to have been working for a while in our own application. However, I'm not sure whether it does what I think we intended. I guess someone wanted to extend a statement that was originally written, SELECT * FROM tableA JOIN tableB ON ( <conditionB> ) - and they started typing in the wrong place in the quer...

Getting the path of Temporary Internet Files
Hi How can I get the path of the Temporary Internet Files folder in MFC? Regards, Mystique Take a look at the following APIs. SHGetFolderLocation() SHGetFolderPath() SHGetSpecialFolderLocation() SHGetSpecialFolderPath() -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] ----------------------------------- "Mystique" <misic@softhome.net> wrote in message news:eX2zzcVrFHA.240@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hi > > How can I get the path of the Temporary Internet Files folder in MFC? > > Regards, > Mystique > > thanks Abdoul here is what i came up with...

Reordering not working -
I am having a problem with reorder points. We just noticed that some products from a specific supplier were not getting reordered. I've gone in and checked the items records, and they are set-up with reorder points and reorder levels, and reorder qtys for the supplier. If I generate a PO for the vendor for all items, it shows up with on-hand qty below reorder level, and a suggested reorder qty, correctly. If I generate the PO based on reorder information, the same items do not show up - I am concerned that this might be happening for other suppliers as well, but cannot go throug...

VB Script Errors in Working Scripts
Hello All, I am a SAP Admin and I'm trying to implement some SAP GUI VBScript files so we can automate some adminsitrative tasks. I've been given some scripts that seem to work according to multiple people, but on two machienes I get an VBScript error when running them. I've looked endlessly for a mention of this error and get absolutly nothing other than IE8 errors. The purpose of this script it to simply login to an SAP installation. The code and error is as follows: **The Code** 1 Set SapGui = GetObject("SAPGUI") 2 Set application = SapGui.GetS...

FRx 6.7 Registration Key Problem
I have an FRx 6.7 install running under Windows 2003 terminal services and when I installed everything, relocated the server, and tested, everything went smooth. I was able to access the system and pull up reports from the catalog. The problem now is that when the user logs in, they get an error that the Spec type isn't correct for this installation type etc, which I've traced back to the fact that the licensing is missing from the installation now. When I re-enter the license, it works fine until I close out of FRx at which point it apparently blows away all changes. This...

The future of FRx
Can somebody please clear this up for me. Currently we are using Dynamics GP 10 and FRx 6.7 for our financials. We are looking for a Business Intelligent tool that will let us create BI reports [we are an investment banking firm]. My research on Microsoft's site indicates that FRx is being phased out and it will be replaced by Management Reporter. I took a look at MR and it looks like a dupe of FRx. Also we are looking at Enterprise Reporter - can somebody confirm if ER can generate the same financials as FRx? I then hear that ER is being phased out. Which products should we be loo...

A scenario to be worked out ---Any solution for this ?
Hi , We have 5 teams who's project plans are uploaded in project server .These teams project managers would be updating and changing project plans .It is required that everyone should be able to see others project plans on project web portal but should be able to edit only their project plan .As i am the program manager , i should be informed of all changes or updates done by these project managers . Can this be done on project web access 2007 ? Thanks Pratiksha Basically, you need two security groups: 1) Team members - configure so they can see all projects. 2) Pr...

FRx #9
When I query up the report all is fine until I requests the print out. Then the CPU maxes out and drill32.exe takes over 50% of the CPU and the machine will lock out his session. Dear, first confirm this, Is FRx working properly and for this make a simple report like, make a Trial Balance Report and if it will work properly then please, check thoroughly all settings of your report as well as column and row conditions. Regards, SMA "Bruce" <Bruce@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E0E2486F-9579-45EF-B606-89B05C27B28F@microsoft.com... > When I query up ...

Excel formula won't work (if, match, iserr, vlookup)
Hi I need help with the following formula: =if(=iserr(=match(a2,LIST,0))=0,=vlookup(a2,DATA,1),0) Excel says there is something wrong with my formula but won't say what. What is it doing? I have a list of data in columns B, C and D that are unique to the value in A. Basically on Sheet 2 cell B2 I want to lookup a value (in A2) from the selected range (LIST on Sheet1 ie: A2:A100) and if it is there, then I want the cell (B2) to return the corresponding value from column 1 in the range DATA (A2:D100). if it is not there then I want it to return a value of n/a or "#n/a&q...

Print Main Screen Money-Does not work
Why are the Print Buttons shaded out under the Accounts menu of Money 2002. Previously I was able to print, I can go into reports and print. But now I cannot print from the main screens? ...

Getting the name & path of a hidden WB
Hi, Is there any way to get the name of a hidden WB in which the code is written? Ofcourse using "Activeworkbook.Name" will give me the name of the active wb and since the wb I'm trying to get is hidden, it's not really active. I also tried "Windows(1).caption" but whenever I open another workbook the index of the hidden workbook might change.. I can't expect the order the user will open the workbooks.. I want the macro to give me the name of the workbook in which it's written. is there any way to do it? thanks. Try ThisWorkbook.Na...

Exchange Archive path
Hello, Is there global setting in Exchange Server 2003, where I can centrally control and specify Archive folder for all users? (rather then specifying manually in Outlook) I don't want to create a romaing profile for this. Thanks. MC On Fri, 9 Jun 2006 14:03:08 -0400, "MC" <webmaster@ozoptics.com> wrote: >Hello, > >Is there global setting in Exchange Server 2003, where I can centrally >control and specify Archive folder for all users? >(rather then specifying manually in Outlook) >I don't want to create a romaing profile for this. >Thanks. &...

Auto Complete
I have a user that has the auto complete flag set but when he restarts his machine he has to start all over. Nothing is retained from the day before. I've looked everywhere I know to look. Any ideas? Steve You have? Search this group then. This problem has been posted countless times. It usually means a corrupt Outlook profile. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "GSP@DCS" <info@dcs.com> wrote in message news:2d836$45184a6c$d1a8fa82$5760@EDELTACOM.COM... >I have a user that has the auto complete flag set but when he restarts his >machine he has to start all ove...

template task pane opens when work book opens
I have a check registery template and every time the workbook is opened the help task pane pops up on the right side. The vba code for the work book must be hidden nothing shows up in the VBA project. How can I get the help task pane from opening every time I open the workbook? ...

FRX
error 3050 when starting FRX any thoughts? Hmmmmm..... Doesn't appear to be a Pervasive error.... Could be a SQL error..... Could be an OS error..... With a lack of any other pertinent information, could it be a Windows error relating to not being able to lock the database..... Could occur if the user only has read access and therefore the database engine cannot write a lock.... How about the entire error message and more info about the version numbers for Greaat Plains, FRx, database, etc.... Just some thoughts..... Lyle On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 13:45:29 -0700, "Shannon" <sh...

LoadFrame works fine on NT but fails on W2000 and XP
Hi All. I have written program with MFC. It is SDI and doesn't use View/Doc. On NT everything is OK. On 2000 and XP, I have a problem with LoadFrame in InitInstance method (generated by wizard). I tried to figure out what is wrong, and I find that inside MFC source file wincore.cpp function ::CreateWindowEx() fails with code 0x00000578 (ERROR_INVALID_WINDOW_HANDLE) I have no idea what is wrong, I'm rather new in this field. I'll appreciate any suggestion. Thanks in advance. Tom ...

FRX help #2
I was wondering if there was any way to run a report in Frx by vendor name. So if I wanted to see what I paid ABC Company for the month by G/L code, it would show me. If so, how would you do it. Any help would be appreciated thanks Barb Can get everything except the GL code through a smart list : Payables Transactions Search Doc type = payment Doc Date between... Vendor ID = But getting to the GL account is beyond me (newbie) "BK" wrote: > I was wondering if there was any way to run a report in Frx by vendor name. > So if I wanted to see what I paid ABC Company for the...

Report Yields no data in FRx
We use GP 7.5 Standard MSDE and FRx 6.5.246. Upgrading is not an option right now. We created a historical company so that we could purge data from production in order to stay under that old 2 GB limit. When I set up the Historical company in FRx and try to print a balance sheet or P&L from the period that we purged in production, the reports yield no data. However I can print a trial balance in GP so I know the data is there. Also, FRx reports print OK for the current periods in the Historical company. I have: refreshed the SBI scripts deleted the .g32 files from sysdata reconciled GL ...

Access work exchange server from home...
My company has a setup on the exchange server to access our work email from outside the company through a web browser. I would rather be able to have outlook go and retrieve the messages from the server and not use the web browser. Unfortunately the company says that we CAN'T do that. I don't believe it. I figure that there may be certain ports to use or something, but any help would be greatly appreciated. The address for the email is something like this: https://csfowa.thisisamadeupname.com/exchange/root.asp This link, which is what I type in the browser to access the server...

RE: Understanding Project's Percent Complete vs. Percent Work Complete
Brian Kennemer wrote the subject-line article several years ago and was very informative/enlightening on how % Complete is computed, etc. However, in this article he showed a Microsoft Project view (Figure A) that had both "Work" and "Actual Work" rows in the detail lines for each resources on a specific task. Where can I find this view. I do need to enter actual hours worked per resource per day on their respective task thanks, David Hamil MaxVision 256-652-4322 David@MaxVision.com Perhaps what you seek is on the resource view or task usage view. Bot...

Webpart for FRx
I've seen a couple of places refer to a webpart for FRx reports - does anyone know about it? Hello, FRx Webport is basically used for publishing FRx reports to intranet. This option enables you to view the reports in explorer. -- Thanks Janakiram M.P. MCP-GP http://janakirammp.blogspot.com "jland5" wrote: > I've seen a couple of places refer to a webpart for FRx reports - does anyone > know about it? ...

Preview/Steup not working
Reposting this as the previous response didn't relate to this particular problem. The Print Preview/Setup button has stopped working on all my spreadsheets. I have Excel 2000 9.0.6926 SP-3, and have repaired/reinstalled and updated. No problem with the workbooks when transferred to a friend's machine with Excel 97. Any suggestions gratefully received. bag Shot in the dark here. What is the default Printer? Do you have any Printer listed in Start>Settings>Printers and Faxes? Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Sat, 21 Feb 2004 16:33:10 -0000, "bagwash" <bagwash@ntlwo...

Excel autofit row height not working
Question is on a problem I found posted in internet many times, with NO proper answer. Postings dates range at least from 2001 up to 2010. Text is not short, but I have seen many long threads just to get all (or part of) this information together. I work with Excel 2007 (occurs with previous versions as well) and Windows XP (both fully updated on Feb.08, 2010), scanned for malware (besides continuous use of Microsoft Firewall and Microsoft Security Essentials as anti-malware protection, continuously updated). The spreadsheet has two columns, 100 rows, all in text format, words o...