FRX help #2

I was wondering if there was any way to run a report in Frx by vendor name.
So if I wanted to see what I paid ABC Company for the month by G/L code, it
would show me.

If so, how would you do it.

Any help would be appreciated

thanks
Barb
0
BK (201)

Can get everything except the GL code through a smart list :
Payables Transactions
Search Doc type = payment
Doc Date between...
Vendor ID =
But getting to the GL account is beyond me (newbie)

"BK" wrote:

> I was wondering if there was any way to run a report in Frx by vendor name.
> So if I wanted to see what I paid ABC Company for the month by G/L code, it
> would show me.
>
> If so, how would you do it.
>
> Any help would be appreciated
>
> thanks
> Barb
0
gvm (27)
5/24/2006 7:26:02 PM
I know how to do it through Smartlist but was hoping it was easier through FRx.

thanks

"GVM" wrote:

> Can get everything except the GL code through a smart list :
> Payables Transactions
> Search Doc type = payment
> Doc Date between...
> Vendor ID =
> But getting to the GL account is beyond me (newbie)
>
> "BK" wrote:
>
> > I was wondering if there was any way to run a report in Frx by vendor name.
> > So if I wanted to see what I paid ABC Company for the month by G/L code, it
> > would show me.
> >
> > If so, how would you do it.
> >
> > Any help would be appreciated
> >
> > thanks
> > Barb
0
BK (201)
5/24/2006 7:32:02 PM
This is a job for Crystal Reports.  There, you can link the vendors,
payments, and distribution history tables.  Sort by vendor and then
distribution account and you have it.

The tables you need are listed in the Resource Descriptions.  More
information on the tables and their relationships is found in our book
Information Flow and Posting availble through our web site and many dealers.

Richard L. Whaley
Author / Publisher
http://www.AccoladePublications.com
Documentation for Software Users

"BK" wrote:

> I know how to do it through Smartlist but was hoping it was easier through FRx.
>
> thanks
>
> "GVM" wrote:
>
> > Can get everything except the GL code through a smart list :
> > Payables Transactions
> > Search Doc type = payment
> > Doc Date between...
> > Vendor ID =
> > But getting to the GL account is beyond me (newbie)
> >
> > "BK" wrote:
> >
> > > I was wondering if there was any way to run a report in Frx by vendor name.
> > > So if I wanted to see what I paid ABC Company for the month by G/L code, it
> > > would show me.
> > >
> > > If so, how would you do it.
> > >
> > > Any help would be appreciated
> > >
> > > thanks
> > > Barb
Barb,

FRx can only pull in what is stored in the GL tables - not any kind of
linking between subledger transactions such as vendor invoices and payments
nor any analysis on subledger data.  The vendor IS stored for each GL
transaction that originated in Payables, so you can show that on the FRx
report, but I can't see any way to filer by that....you'd only be able to
show that as additional information on transaction level detail reports.

--
Victoria Yudin
GP MVP

"BK" <BK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I know how to do it through Smartlist but was hoping it was easier through
>FRx.
>
> thanks
>
> "GVM" wrote:
>
>> Can get everything except the GL code through a smart list :
>> Payables Transactions
>> Search Doc type = payment
>> Doc Date between...
>> Vendor ID =
>> But getting to the GL account is beyond me (newbie)
>>
>> "BK" wrote:
>>
>> > I was wondering if there was any way to run a report in Frx by vendor
>> > name.
>> > So if I wanted to see what I paid ABC Company for the month by G/L
>> > code, it
>> > would show me.
>> >
>> > If so, how would you do it.
>> >
>> > Any help would be appreciated
>> >
>> > thanks
>> > Barb

0
victoria (3340)
5/25/2006 8:45:31 AM
Is there any example in Filmworks which shows how to display this additional
information on transaction level detail.
If you have a report which will work with Filmworks on the above, please
post it.
Jacktundra@hotmail.com
"Victoria [MVP]" <victoria@flex-solutions.com> wrote in message
> Barb,
>
> FRx can only pull in what is stored in the GL tables - not any kind of
> linking between subledger transactions such as vendor invoices and
> payments nor any analysis on subledger data.  The vendor IS stored for
> each GL transaction that originated in Payables, so you can show that on
> the FRx report, but I can't see any way to filer by that....you'd only be
> able to show that as additional information on transaction level detail
> reports.
>
> --
> Victoria Yudin
> GP MVP
>

> "BK" <BK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I know how to do it through Smartlist but was hoping it was easier through
>>FRx.
>>
>> thanks
>>
>> "GVM" wrote:
>>
>>> Can get everything except the GL code through a smart list :
>>> Payables Transactions
>>> Search Doc type = payment
>>> Doc Date between...
>>> Vendor ID =
>>> But getting to the GL account is beyond me (newbie)

0
jacktundra (359)

Can the MSDN version of CRM 1.2 be converted to a production system without losing any data?
I have the MSDN version of CRM. If I install it and configure a pilot system, can I later convert it to a full licensed system without losing any data? Does it require a new installation or just change the Company Name and License Key? Bill Walter Bill, You would need to migrate the data to the new install. The AD objects & DB Names are tied to the Org Name so you can't change them once they're installed. You're best bet would probably be to use the DMF to load the data to the new install. BTW, I believe, technically, that using the MSDN license for a Pilot is not allow...

Newbie needs macro help Excel 2000
Greetings, I need a little bit of assistance in creating a macro in Excel 2000, pc platform. I would like the macro to ask for a beginning number and an ending number. The macro would then populate the corresponding number of rows in column A (original number) and in column B a number starting with 1 and increasing by 1 until the ending number is met. For example, the macro asks for beginning number (I would enter 123) and ending number is 130: cell A1 would contain 123, cell A2 contains 124, cell A3 contains 125, cell A4 contains 126, cell A5 contains 127, cell A6 contains 128, cell A7 con...

No answer so I'm reposting (2 of 2): Export to .gif... suppress anti-aliasing?

FRx SP10
Is there a listing of the known problems cuased by applying SP 10 for FRx? I would like to install it to correct the excel export issue but I believe that this SP causes certain other problems. Sue Sue, Jan Harrigan has a pretty comprehensive write up on this: http://www.frxbuzz.com/frx-sp10-the-good-the-bad-and-the-ugly/ My 2 cents: the only real issue that I have seen (and only with 1 customer so far) is the C$ format on first row. And there is a workaround for this here: http://www.frxbuzz.com/frx-sp10-and-cs-currency-rounding-on-the-first-row/. And SP 10 absolutely correct...

Need help in Navigation
I want to have both top link bar( which shows hierarchy) and also tabs ( showing sub sites ) in global navigation ( horizontal navigation).. please tell me what changes I need to do for this to happen. EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Spyware-Adware-Internet Driver License Test Redux http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/487aa9ed-8dd8-4e05-8df9-f1efa2b6054a/spywareadwareinternet-d.aspx CorasWorks has this functionality, but don't think it exists OOB. "vishwanath v" wrote: > I want to have both top link bar( which shows hierarchy) and als...

cbo box sql help req'd
Hi All, I have the following sql in a cbo box. It gives me the male's name but I can't get the syntax right to give the females name. The male & female in tblPtsCouples is the PK in tblPtsCompetitors. SELECT tblPtsCouples.PtsCpl_Idx, tblPtsCouples.MaleCpl, tblPtsCouples.FemaleCpl, tblPtsCompetitors.First_Name+' '+ tblPtsCompetitors.Surname AS Male FROM tblPtsCouples INNER JOIN tblPtsCompetitors ON tblPtsCouples.MaleCpl = tblPtsCompetitors.PtsComp_Idx ORDER BY tblPtsCouples.MaleCpl; In this cbo I need to see the male & the female as the male may hav...

Help writing formula... multiple nested if/thens
Hi all, I am trying to create a spreadsheet that calculates allowable (pro-rated) car rental expenses that employees can claim for a conference that was held. The organization has agreed to pay employee car rental expenses that fall between the dates of the conference 7th Sept 2008 and 14th October 2008 (including both of those days). However, some car rental contracts fall partially in this range, (as some employees showed up early or stayed late for vacation), and employees are reimbursed accordingly. I am trying to create a spreadsheet that gives the number of allowable days (inside the ran...

XmlTextReader problem with &amp; in element text #2
I have an XSD defined as the following: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <xs:schema xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" elementFormDefault="qualified" attributeFormDefault="unqualified"> <xs:element name="Application"> <xs:complexType> <xs:sequence> <xs:element name="ReceivedDate" type="xs:string"/> </xs:sequence> </xs:complexType> </xs:element> </xs:schema> I have the following XML I am validating against the XSD: <Appl...

MAPI error during install Urgent help needed.
Hi I have reinstalled Exchange 2003 and received an error message about the mapi32.dll file There are now issues with moving public folders onto the server. It did have Outlook 2000 on it but this was removed. I have followed the instructions relating to the installation error as in Q294470 including downloading the entire platform SDK but the file that the article refers to (mergeini.exe) does not exist in this package !! 300MB later does anyone know where it can be got or if there is any other method to get around this problem. Michael "michael" <michael.mcnab@badjar.com.au&...

How to display a help menu?
I found the solution to what I want to know in a 2000 post on Google Groups, but that page is dead now. I've used a program called HelpMATIC Pro to create a compiled .hlp resource. Now what do I put in the message handler for the menu option "Help" to launch this help? Thanks a lot. (Should be a short, quick answer, no?) By the way, I'm using Microsoft Visual C++ .NET in an MFC MDI application. If you go back and create a blank project and select the "Advanced Options", then WinHelp format you will get the default help .hlp. Then you can filter through and fi...

Simple graph #2
I have a range of data corresponding to several years: Year Amount 1997 100 1998 150 1999 200 2000 250 etc How can I display a graph with this range that shows the amounts in a bar graph on the Y axis and the years along the bottom on the X axis. If I use the wizard it tries to compare 1997 to 100 which is obviously not what I want to do. Hi, The quickest way is to clear the cell that contains the word Year and then use the wizard. Excel is trying to help you, although not successfully, by using the column headers as a clue that you have two data series. Cheers Andy Ant...

accumulating tasks PLEASE HELP
My users have tasks accumulating and I cant stop them. Some I cant even remove without renaming them. These tasks have nothing in them, They start at #1 and go. I found a user to have over 100 of them. Please I need help on this one. Windows 2000 Pro/ and Xp Pro. Outlook 2002 Exchange Server 2000 BlackBerry (BES) for the hand held NEXTEL/Blackberry ...

Help with a simple problem
Hi Guys, Really hope someone can help me out with this problem as it's driving me crazy! On Sheet 1, I have a list of Company Names in column 'A' and their Postcodes in column 'B' I have a lot of other data in columns 'D' to 'H', however I want to use column 'C' in Sheet 1 to input a member of staffs name next to the company name and postcode. Sheet 2 contains a master list which has a list of all members of staff in column 'A', most of the company names (but not all of them) in column 'B' and their postcodes in column 'C...

Pivottables #2
My PivotTable has 8 fields in the data area. They are yearly totals and %'ages. If I deselect a field in the Data drop-down, it disappears from the list and cannot reselect it again. I need to re-add the field back to the data area. I would like my users to be able to select/deselect from the data list so they can look at one year's totals or all the years' totals. I noticed if I deselect one of the entries in my rows or columns sections, the field remains, but unchecked. Is there anyway to do it with the data field? If you uncheck an item in the data dropdown list, it...

Help with Formulae
Hi All, I know this going to be easy for you guys but I'm stuck on it. How do I write this formulae. If the total number of places available for each class is zero, then the result None should be returned, otherwise the actual total should be displayed. The cells are F20:G20. F20=69 G20=22. the answer needs to be replicated neither cell is absolute. Thanks, kfh. Firstly ensure the cell you write the formula into is set to type general. add formula =if(test formula,answer if test is true,answer if test is false). eg =IF(SUM(F20:G20)=0,"None",SUM(F20:G20)). If the cell ty...

The future of FRx
Can somebody please clear this up for me. Currently we are using Dynamics GP 10 and FRx 6.7 for our financials. We are looking for a Business Intelligent tool that will let us create BI reports [we are an investment banking firm]. My research on Microsoft's site indicates that FRx is being phased out and it will be replaced by Management Reporter. I took a look at MR and it looks like a dupe of FRx. Also we are looking at Enterprise Reporter - can somebody confirm if ER can generate the same financials as FRx? I then hear that ER is being phased out. Which products should we be loo...

Exchange forwarding #2
When asking another network admin to forward a user's email to another address I received this reply, "We can not forward Jon Doe’s email. By default forwarders are disabled in exchange as part of Microsoft’s Best Practices for Security docs." Can someone tell me what kb article this comes from? The request was to forward the user's email to an outside address. We do this occassionally by creating a contact in exchange with the outside address and then forward the user's mail there. Thanks Here is some more info: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb...

Need help with a money denomination count for a multiple breed sweepstake competition.
I am responsible for money awards for a multiple breed sweepstakes competion. There are four placements per class, six possible classes for each breed, and a total of 25 possible breeds. I have created a swift spreadsheet that breaks out the award amounts based on set presentages. for the number of dogs entered in each class. My problem now is coming up with a easy (and understandable way for me) to come up with a denomination count for each award, and summarize those totals so I can easily go to the bank. I would appricaite any help I can get. I would be willing to send out my workbook so yo...

Exporting Contacts #2
When I try to Export Outlook 2002 Contacts folder as a .pst file, I get an error message--"cannot add Outlook- specific information to the store" . What is going on? ...

FRx 6.7 Registration Key Problem
I have an FRx 6.7 install running under Windows 2003 terminal services and when I installed everything, relocated the server, and tested, everything went smooth. I was able to access the system and pull up reports from the catalog. The problem now is that when the user logs in, they get an error that the Spec type isn't correct for this installation type etc, which I've traced back to the fact that the licensing is missing from the installation now. When I re-enter the license, it works fine until I close out of FRx at which point it apparently blows away all changes. This...

Help with Absence sheet formula.
Hi, I manage a monthly absence sheet, we have 4 types of absences "sick; a/l; bev; dom" and "late or Early finish" All of these types of absence are entered in one row for a certain person on a certain date. (calendar type of row,31 cells ). At the end of that row I need to calculate and divide them monthly for each day of the week how many absences were there(Mon2; Tue-o; Wed-3 etc...) but excluding the "Late" or "early" inputs. I do have a formula and I thought if there is an simple one that I can use? Here is a copy of the formula I use for eac...

Convert Unix column to date and time in 2 columns
I used the following as a query expression to convert unix timestamp. DateAdd("s",UnixDate,#1/1/1970#) This got it done but I am now wanting to go one step further and be able to have the date in one column and the time in another for additional queries vs. having them in the same column. Any suggestion? The formula takes this value 1181836800 and returns this: 6/14/2007 4:00:00 PM I would like to somehow end up with 6/14/2007 in one columen and 4:00:00 PM in another. DateValue(date_time_value) and TimeValue( date_time_value) Vanderghast, Access MVP "LizB&quo...

Concatenation help
I have 3 cells I need to merge into one. One of the cells is a number anywhere from 1-16 or more. What I need is for the number in this cells to always be concatenated into a 2 digit number. Example: Cell A1 = USA123-4555678952 Cell A2 = CD Cell A3 = 4 I need the final output to be 234555678952CD04. So far I have the following formula: =RIGHT(LEFT(A1,5)&RIGHT(A1,10),12)&A2&A3 but this doesn't put "04" after the CD. It only puts "4" after it. Any ideas for Excel 2003? Thanks. A tiny trick: =RIGHT(LEFT(A1,5)&RIGHT(A1,10),12)&A2&a...

LDAP query help
What would be the correct syntax for an LDAP query that shows all members of a particular distribution/security group? This would be under users and computers --> View --> Filter Options --> Create Custom --> Advanced. Thanks in advance! Never mind, i just figured it out.. "jim" <jim@NOSPAM.com> wrote in message news:%232LsZf9jGHA.1204@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > What would be the correct syntax for an LDAP query that shows all members > of a particular distribution/security group? This would be under users > and computers --> View --> Filt...

--help
Hi... Using:Excel 2000 & IE 6. Problem: I use Excel for a list. I use borders in Excel. I can save the wooksheet as a HTML file. Both the Excel file & the HTML file look the same on the screen. The problem is when I print the HTML file...The borders don't print. Can this be fixed? The list kinda needs the borders. Thanks for reading -- Tony Wilson Email: tony@tonydisabled.com Web Site: http://www.tonydisabled.com Hi Tony, I believe you will have to turn borders on (which you have), gridlines will not get carried over. Each cell must have content and note t...