FRX access to Databases other than Dynamics GP

I was wandering there is a way for FRX to access databases (which is running
on SQl2005) other than Dynamics GP? Please advice.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=6e5ef846-0260-437c-a4dd-2ab3cdaf1397&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
Emily (44)

No, the version of FRx installed is application-specific.

Frank Hamelly, MCP
NOVA Solutions LLC
Melbourne, FL

0
fhamelly (399)
4/21/2007 3:57:51 PM
There is a data mart version of FRx that can be used for ERP systems that do
not integrate with FRx. The data mart version has tables that you populate
using scripts from the other system. I would contact FRx about this version
if that's what you want. It would act kind of like Enterprise Reporting in
that there is a separate database.
--
Charles Allen, MVP

"Frank" wrote:

> No, the version of FRx installed is application-specific.
>
> Frank Hamelly, MCP
> NOVA Solutions LLC
> Melbourne, FL

0
callen (2505)

FRx SP10
Is there a listing of the known problems cuased by applying SP 10 for FRx? I would like to install it to correct the excel export issue but I believe that this SP causes certain other problems. Sue Sue, Jan Harrigan has a pretty comprehensive write up on this: http://www.frxbuzz.com/frx-sp10-the-good-the-bad-and-the-ugly/ My 2 cents: the only real issue that I have seen (and only with 1 customer so far) is the C$ format on first row. And there is a workaround for this here: http://www.frxbuzz.com/frx-sp10-and-cs-currency-rounding-on-the-first-row/. And SP 10 absolutely correct...

Dynamically disable accelerator keys
Hi, How to dynamically disable an accelerator key assigned to a menu item in the accelerator table? I learned from MSDN that UnregisterHotKey() does this job only when the accelerator key is registered using RegisterHotKey() function. But I assigned the key in the design time using the accelerator table. Is there any direct API available other than handling the keystrokes? I am using MFC framework. Thanks, Junaith >How to dynamically disable an accelerator key assigned to a menu item in the >accelerator table? Junaith, Why do you need to do this? It doesn't sound like s...

Cannot copy (file name). Access Denied
I am trying to copy folders and files from my users local computer to the file server and I am getting the following error message when I try to copy: Erroor copying file or folder --top bar of the box Cannot copy (file name): Access is Denied. Make sure the disk is not full or write-protect and that the file is not currently in use. 1) the server is not full there is over 500 GB available. 2) it is not write protect since we save files to that server all the time. 3) the file is not currently in use. the only things that are open are 2 Explorer windows, local computer expl...

Covariance in MS Access database
any idea how to calculate Covariance in MS Access database? thanks See whether Total Access Statistics, from FMS, can do what you need. http://www.fmsinc.com/products/statistics/index.html -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no private e-mails, please) "Alaa Noor" <Alaa Noor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:42F20996-21C2-4700-8AAA-29AEAEBC1498@microsoft.com... > any idea how to calculate Covariance in MS Access database? > > thanks > ...

FRx 6.7 Registration Key Problem
I have an FRx 6.7 install running under Windows 2003 terminal services and when I installed everything, relocated the server, and tested, everything went smooth. I was able to access the system and pull up reports from the catalog. The problem now is that when the user logs in, they get an error that the Spec type isn't correct for this installation type etc, which I've traced back to the fact that the licensing is missing from the installation now. When I re-enter the license, it works fine until I close out of FRx at which point it apparently blows away all changes. This...

Database on Excel
Hi All, Objective : To create an excel database which should allow updation by multiple users at the same time in a networked environment. Please let me know how this can be done. Thanks, Madhu Hi Madhu, > Objective : To create an excel database which should allow updation by > multiple users at the same time in a networked environment. > > Please let me know how this can be done. > I'd recommend to do this in Access, not Excel. The only reliable way to use Excel for this is when you use Excel as the front-end and in the back an Access database to store the data. ...

The future of FRx
Can somebody please clear this up for me. Currently we are using Dynamics GP 10 and FRx 6.7 for our financials. We are looking for a Business Intelligent tool that will let us create BI reports [we are an investment banking firm]. My research on Microsoft's site indicates that FRx is being phased out and it will be replaced by Management Reporter. I took a look at MR and it looks like a dupe of FRx. Also we are looking at Enterprise Reporter - can somebody confirm if ER can generate the same financials as FRx? I then hear that ER is being phased out. Which products should we be loo...

FRx #9
When I query up the report all is fine until I requests the print out. Then the CPU maxes out and drill32.exe takes over 50% of the CPU and the machine will lock out his session. Dear, first confirm this, Is FRx working properly and for this make a simple report like, make a Trial Balance Report and if it will work properly then please, check thoroughly all settings of your report as well as column and row conditions. Regards, SMA "Bruce" <Bruce@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E0E2486F-9579-45EF-B606-89B05C27B28F@microsoft.com... > When I query up ...

Create application object for specific version of Access
I have multiple versions of Access installed on my PC. For my automation project is there a way to create an application object for a specific version of Access? In other words, something like this: dim o as object set o= createobject("Access10.Application") I know the above code doesn't work but you get what I'm trying to do... Try: set o= createobject("Access.Application.10") -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "bdtmike" <mike.aes@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1180549210.267133.92860@n15...

Database text converted to numeric
I Imported data from a SQL Database, it is numeric and alpha numeric but mostly numeric numbers (Serial numbers). I need to compare this list to another Excel list containing the same information but with some numbers missing. I pull this into Access and when I try and compare them the error is that the format has to be the same. I changed the format of the list I imported to Numeric (most of the numbers is only numbers) but now I have to press F2 and enter on every single number (database is only 227500 lines) to convert it to a Number. I thought it was because it still saw itself as a Dat...

vbscript and ms access 2003
I have a script that gathers all computer information from the network. The script dumps the info into a database. The database has two tables and instead of both tables getting updated only one gets updated. here is the script On Error Resume Next Const HKEY_CURRENT_USER = &H80000001 Const HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE = &H80000002 Const ForReading = 1 'Create FSO Set objFSO = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject") 'Create an environment for the script to work Set wshshell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell") 'Connection to the database Se...

Non accessibility to attachments
I have a message on email "OE removed access to the following unsafe attachments in your mail:xxxxx.efx". I've only seen this on the eFax messages. My hard drive was replaced and all software was reloaded recently. I've had this problem since this occurance, but can not determine what if anything was improperly installed. Any suggestions to how this data can be accessed for current items in "In Box" and future receipts? Any help would be very much appreciated. Warren Heckendorn Please see the following article. 329570 Cannot Open E-Mail Attachments in...

Cannot access LDAP address book with Outlook 2002
Hi, I can successfully connect to our LDAP address book with Outlook 2003 client with the SPA (secure password authentication) check box checked. But there's no such option in the LDAP address book access config page in Outlook 2002. Would anyone know a workaround to this problem? I tried searching everywhere without success. Thanks in advance Isn't there at least one expert on this planet who could answer this? Thanks BadCop wrote: > Hi, > > I can successfully connect to our LDAP address book with Outlook 2003 > client with the SPA (secure password authentication)...

can't access databases publisher 2002
I, too, get the errors stating ...because of dialog or database engine failures. I cannot open works or Access files. I tried the fixes to the MDAC and Jet to no avail. I wonder if all us with the problem are running XP Media Center Edition? Any cure? Does 2003 publisher fix this? What is your error? Where is your data? If it is on a removable media source you cannot merge a read only file. Copy it over to your hard drive. Right-click the data source, and then click Properties. On the General tab, click to clear the Read-only check box for attributes. It would be helpful to know th...

Client Access Server for Exchange 2003
Hi, I setup a 2007 Client Access server (no mailbox). But it seem the owa cannot get the information of user in Exchange 2003. It always show error: "The mailbox may be stored on a Microsoft Exchange 2000 or Microsoft Exchange 2003 server," I'm protected by SpamBrave http://www.spambrave.com/ On Sun, 11 Feb 2007 19:50:03 +0800, <HB> wrote: >Hi, I setup a 2007 Client Access server (no mailbox). But it seem the owa >cannot get the information of user in Exchange 2003. It always show error: >"The mailbox may be stored on a Microsoft Exchange 2000 or Micros...

access 1 to access 2000
Is there any way to convert a file created in Access 1 to access 2000? "tngiants" <tngiants@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote > Is there any way to convert a file created in Access 1 to access 2000? I believe you will first have to convert the Access 1 database to Access 2 and then you can convert the Access 2 database to Access 2000. Note that, if you used any Application Programming Interface (API) calls in the Access 1 or 2 code, those will be 16-bit Windows technology and the calls will have to be changed (though all, or certainly most, of those API ca...

FRX
error 3050 when starting FRX any thoughts? Hmmmmm..... Doesn't appear to be a Pervasive error.... Could be a SQL error..... Could be an OS error..... With a lack of any other pertinent information, could it be a Windows error relating to not being able to lock the database..... Could occur if the user only has read access and therefore the database engine cannot write a lock.... How about the entire error message and more info about the version numbers for Greaat Plains, FRx, database, etc.... Just some thoughts..... Lyle On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 13:45:29 -0700, "Shannon" <sh...

Unable to link to split table in Access 2002
The following code works in Access 2000, but does not work in Access 2002. Error is ... Method 'Connection' of object '_Current Project' failed. Can you help me fix this? I'm using Windows XP on both computers. Thanks Private Sub Form_Open(Cancel As Integer) On Error GoTo err_form_open 10 'Print CurrentProject.Connection: Stop Dim rst As New ADODB.Recordset 20 rst.Open "qryPropertyProfile", CurrentProject.Connection, _ adOpenKeyset, adLockOptimistic 'Debug.Print rst!PropertyCode txtTempPropCode.DefaultValue = rst!Pro...

Accessing and opening reports remotely to RMS Store Operations
Hi, I am attempting to access my report functions remotely from my home to my office RMS. I have the connectivity via pcAnyware, but not sure if I need to have the RMS appliciations (HQ and/or SO) running on my remote pc at home to run my inventory and time keeping reports. I am also not sure of the licensing for this to happen. Any help will be greatly appriciated. Using PCanywhere won't require RMS to be installed on the local PC and doesn't violate the license agreement. PCanywhere sends screen updates to the remote PC and mouse clicks and keystrokes to the remote PC. All...

Database Password Issue With Oracle
I have a 2003 database that has a front end and a back end. The back end is on a shared drive. I had an IT person create a link to an Oracle view. We have a Peoplesoft system. This link required a password, which is static. We put it in once and that is all. When the database opens, it runs a procedure in a module that uses the links to the Oracle view to retrieve new information that was added since the last time the database was opened. This is usually within fifteen minutes. I have a series of queries that perform this procedure. I was asked to secure the back end with a pa...

cannot access crm from branch office
Hi all, Recently I moved my crm server to a new machine. It is located on the headquarter(HQ) office. All user in HQ office can access it both from IE and from crm outlook client without any problem. The problem is all user in branch office cannot access crm from crm outlook client! Everytime I set URL when doing configuration wizard, the error message below will appear: http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f381/organisme/Kerjoan/CRM%20-%20Jakarta%20error/error1.jpg I also tried to use computer full name and IP computer address. Then the error message will appear ...

FRX help #2
I was wondering if there was any way to run a report in Frx by vendor name. So if I wanted to see what I paid ABC Company for the month by G/L code, it would show me. If so, how would you do it. Any help would be appreciated thanks Barb Can get everything except the GL code through a smart list : Payables Transactions Search Doc type = payment Doc Date between... Vendor ID = But getting to the GL account is beyond me (newbie) "BK" wrote: > I was wondering if there was any way to run a report in Frx by vendor name. > So if I wanted to see what I paid ABC Company for the...

send a fax with access
can i send a fax with access. if i have a form , idont want to print but directly fax it! can i do it thanks Hello, Check out following kb article: HOW TO: Fax from Microsoft Access Using SendObject Command in Access 2000 WGID:147 ID: 231797.KB.EN-US http://support.microsoft.com/?id=231797 Regards, Ki Yi Microsoft Support This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties, and confers no rights. ...

2 Gig limit on an Access DB will fill up very quickly when using attachment data type
Hi, I have an Access database with attachment data type enabled, as users are uploading pdf's and other documents, I am afraid they will fill the database (2GB) very quikly. What are my options to resolve this? Is there a way to continue using Access? do I need to Migrate to SQL? (does SQL fix the problem? does it handle attachment data type?) I wish there was a way to archive those attachements! Regards Roger Roger wrote: >Hi, >I have an Access database with attachment data type enabled, as users are >uploading pdf's and other documents, I am afrai...

Insert Database doesn't "see" half my queries?
I am trying to insert a database” from Access 03 into Word 03 using the database toolbar in word. When I click “Insert Database” in word, and then browse for my query, the wizard doesn’t “see” any of the queries in which I changed a field name (ex. Dept: Department). Does anyone know a workaround for this? Right now, it’s only showing about half my queries which is a little odd. Is there a different way to insert my database? Thank you! If you check Word Tools->Options->General->"Confirm conversion at open" and go through the whole insertion process aga...