FRx #9

When I query up the report all is fine until I requests the print out. Then
the CPU maxes out and drill32.exe takes over 50% of the CPU and the machine
will lock out his session.
0
Bruce1 (174)

Dear, first confirm this, Is FRx working properly and for this make a simple
report like, make a Trial Balance Report and if it will work properly then
please, check thoroughly all settings of your report as well as column and
row conditions.

Regards,
SMA

"Bruce" <Bruce@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I query up the report all is fine until I requests the print out.
> Then
> the CPU maxes out and drill32.exe takes over 50% of the CPU and the
> machine
> will lock out his session.

0
smasoft (9)
2/22/2008 5:14:03 AM
Bruce,

What version of FRx are you running?
Is FRx installed locally or on a Citrix/Terminal Server machine?

--
Victoria Yudin
Dynamics GP MVP

"Bruce" <Bruce@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I query up the report all is fine until I requests the print out.
> Then
> the CPU maxes out and drill32.exe takes over 50% of the CPU and the
> machine
> will lock out his session.

0
victoria (3339)
2/22/2008 11:54:41 AM
We noticed this issue yesterday at work. Restarting the print spooler service
on the FRx client did the trick.

"Bruce" wrote:

> When I query up the report all is fine until I requests the print out. Then
> the CPU maxes out and drill32.exe takes over 50% of the CPU and the machine
> will lock out his session.
0
26point2er (113)
2/22/2008 6:48:01 PM
Restarting the print spooler did the trick..Thanks

"26point2er" wrote:

> We noticed this issue yesterday at work. Restarting the print spooler service
> on the FRx client did the trick.
>
> "Bruce" wrote:
>
> > When I query up the report all is fine until I requests the print out. Then
> > the CPU maxes out and drill32.exe takes over 50% of the CPU and the machine
> > will lock out his session.
0
Bruce1 (174)

FRx SP10
Is there a listing of the known problems cuased by applying SP 10 for FRx? I would like to install it to correct the excel export issue but I believe that this SP causes certain other problems. Sue Sue, Jan Harrigan has a pretty comprehensive write up on this: http://www.frxbuzz.com/frx-sp10-the-good-the-bad-and-the-ugly/ My 2 cents: the only real issue that I have seen (and only with 1 customer so far) is the C$ format on first row. And there is a workaround for this here: http://www.frxbuzz.com/frx-sp10-and-cs-currency-rounding-on-the-first-row/. And SP 10 absolutely correct...

FRx 6.7 Registration Key Problem
I have an FRx 6.7 install running under Windows 2003 terminal services and when I installed everything, relocated the server, and tested, everything went smooth. I was able to access the system and pull up reports from the catalog. The problem now is that when the user logs in, they get an error that the Spec type isn't correct for this installation type etc, which I've traced back to the fact that the licensing is missing from the installation now. When I re-enter the license, it works fine until I close out of FRx at which point it apparently blows away all changes. This...

The future of FRx
Can somebody please clear this up for me. Currently we are using Dynamics GP 10 and FRx 6.7 for our financials. We are looking for a Business Intelligent tool that will let us create BI reports [we are an investment banking firm]. My research on Microsoft's site indicates that FRx is being phased out and it will be replaced by Management Reporter. I took a look at MR and it looks like a dupe of FRx. Also we are looking at Enterprise Reporter - can somebody confirm if ER can generate the same financials as FRx? I then hear that ER is being phased out. Which products should we be loo...

templates #9
if you download a template from excel 2003 is their any way to use this template in excel 2000, right now excel 2000 does not recognize that the file is there to open. thanks in advance for any replies It sounds like you didn't put it in the right spot. (You wanted it to show up when you did: File|new???) If yes, then start excel hit alt-F11 to see the VBE hit ctrl-G to see the immediate window type this and hit enter: ?application.TemplatesPath And you'll see what folder excel expects to be the toplevel folder for templates. If it's really a .xlt file, you should be able to ...

FRx #9
When I query up the report all is fine until I requests the print out. Then the CPU maxes out and drill32.exe takes over 50% of the CPU and the machine will lock out his session. Dear, first confirm this, Is FRx working properly and for this make a simple report like, make a Trial Balance Report and if it will work properly then please, check thoroughly all settings of your report as well as column and row conditions. Regards, SMA "Bruce" <Bruce@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E0E2486F-9579-45EF-B606-89B05C27B28F@microsoft.com... > When I query up ...

Recently used file list. It is set for 9, but the list seems to be cleared
I followed the Help instructions. Tools/Options/General to set the length of the displayed list. I found that it was already set to 9 entries. However, in the File pulldown, the list is not displayed. I created a dummy test XLS, and indeed it is in the list, but nothing previously created. What might be clearing this list? Don't know if applies to Office 2007 but here's one guess........ For Office 2002 and 2003............ Are you running TweakUI? If so, you may have disabled the MRU lists by unchecking "maintain document history list" under the TweakUI Expl...

FRX
error 3050 when starting FRX any thoughts? Hmmmmm..... Doesn't appear to be a Pervasive error.... Could be a SQL error..... Could be an OS error..... With a lack of any other pertinent information, could it be a Windows error relating to not being able to lock the database..... Could occur if the user only has read access and therefore the database engine cannot write a lock.... How about the entire error message and more info about the version numbers for Greaat Plains, FRx, database, etc.... Just some thoughts..... Lyle On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 13:45:29 -0700, "Shannon" <sh...

Outlook vs Outlook Express #9
Is it possible to import email messages from Outlook Express into Outlook. I accidentally opened up my email using POP and Outlook Express thereby loosing the messages in my Outlook inbox. How do I download or transfer back the lost messasges in Outlook from Outlook express. All my official emails are now on Express. Help please. Outlook can not import from Outlook Express, but Outlook Express can export the mails to Outlook. Thomas Quester www.outlookfolders.com "Paul Adex" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:baa701c48928$75ad8620$a601280a@...

FRX help #2
I was wondering if there was any way to run a report in Frx by vendor name. So if I wanted to see what I paid ABC Company for the month by G/L code, it would show me. If so, how would you do it. Any help would be appreciated thanks Barb Can get everything except the GL code through a smart list : Payables Transactions Search Doc type = payment Doc Date between... Vendor ID = But getting to the GL account is beyond me (newbie) "BK" wrote: > I was wondering if there was any way to run a report in Frx by vendor name. > So if I wanted to see what I paid ABC Company for the...

Report Yields no data in FRx
We use GP 7.5 Standard MSDE and FRx 6.5.246. Upgrading is not an option right now. We created a historical company so that we could purge data from production in order to stay under that old 2 GB limit. When I set up the Historical company in FRx and try to print a balance sheet or P&L from the period that we purged in production, the reports yield no data. However I can print a trial balance in GP so I know the data is there. Also, FRx reports print OK for the current periods in the Historical company. I have: refreshed the SBI scripts deleted the .g32 files from sysdata reconciled GL ...

Webpart for FRx
I've seen a couple of places refer to a webpart for FRx reports - does anyone know about it? Hello, FRx Webport is basically used for publishing FRx reports to intranet. This option enables you to view the reports in explorer. -- Thanks Janakiram M.P. MCP-GP http://janakirammp.blogspot.com "jland5" wrote: > I've seen a couple of places refer to a webpart for FRx reports - does anyone > know about it? ...

cloning a copy of FRx
We are using Microsoft Dynamics GP ver. 10.0 and FRx ver. 6.7. We are trying to discover how, when we make a clone of our production server on to a test server, to clone FRx also. When we have done this in the past, the cloned FRx spec set on test actually changes the spec set for the production or ‘live’ server. Of course, once we hear from the users about errors they’re receiving, we change the spec set back. But now the test server is pointing to the live spec set. It seems to allow only one way or the other. When we asked our VAR, their response was: if you want the clo...

FRX Security
Hi, I enabled FRX 6.7 security. Certain users are resticted to Row/Column/Catalogue Format. When these users edit row format, while saving it appears a message "error copying building block security". Thanks Jacob Jacob, What is your full FRx version? To find the full version, click the Help menu, and then click About FRx. The version should be 6.7.xxxx - the last four digits are what we need. I believe you're encountering an issue we fixed in SP3 for FRx 6.7 (the latest is SP4). If your version is earlier than 6.7.3073, you should be able to get past the problem b...

FRx 6.7: Accounts Not Displaying In Row File
I have successfully created Financial Statements for two of our three companies. However, I’m having a problem with the third one. In creating the row file, I specify a range from account 30000 through 99999. Most accounts show up in the list. Some don’t. The following account string will be my example of an existing account, with a balance, that does not show up in the row file: 00000-30035-00000 (30035 is the main account) If I manually insert a row into the row file, type in the description, and click the down arrow for the GL Link, the account does not display in the drop down. Ho...

Help with formula #9
Can some one help me get this right. Trying to get this formula to start in column b row 3 and continue down. Somethings not working as usual. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) Dim lngRow As Long Application.EnableEvents = False lngRow = Cells(65536, 1).End(xlUp).Row If lngRow >= 2 Then Worksheets("Sheet2").Range("B3").Formula = "=countif (Sheet1!A$3:A$2000,A3)" Worksheets("Sheet2").Range("B3:B" & lngRow).FillDown End If Application.EnableEvents = True End Sub Your code works fine. A few points: 1. The cell y...

logos in FRx
Has anyone come up with a way to place an image/logo in an FRx report? thx, Doug -- Doug Wilson Great Plains Consultant MCS Canada ...

FRx
Is anyone aware of a news forum or website that offers the sort of help found here for FRx? Thank you. DD What is FRx? Did you try searchin with Google? On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 10:16:38 -0800, "D. D. Scopes" <DDScopes@mrange.com> wrote: >Is anyone aware of a news forum or website that offers the sort of help >found here for FRx? > >Thank you. > >DD > Myrna Larson wrote: > What is FRx? It's a third-party reporting tool, like Crystal Reports. But not as modern AFAIK! Yes. No newsgroups or help forums. Thanks anyways sorry for being off-topi...

FRx
We have an FRx report containing 12 columns - one for each month. We are using the P<=B Print Control in the column layout to only print those months that are less than or equal to the Base Period. When we generate a report that contains six months or more and export it to an .XLS spreadhsheet it looks fine. However, if the report contains less than six months (fewer columns), we don't get our report heading. Is this due to a setup option somewhere in the catalog id? Have you checked the "Header Options" under your column layout? Look at the "spread from and ...

FRX reporting
How do you prepare an FRX report that includes some summarized rows (e.g. "regular pay" includes accounts for regular, vacation, sickleave, etc.) and some detail rows that show account detail? The Print Control "XD" in the row format suppresses the account detail in a detail report but also suppresses the summary line entirely. Do this in your row setup. For the Summary Account use ???? in you account string and for the detail use the full account number. "Tom H." wrote: > How do you prepare an FRX report that includes some > summarized rows (e.g. "...

Stumped with FRX
I am using GP 7.50 & trying to familiarize myself in FRX. I created a row format with my chart of accounts. However, what worries me is if I added a new natural code with this row format update automatically or do I need to recreate it each time. Can someone give me some direction?? Also, if there are two location p&L's that I want to combine-how do you do this??? I can see them individually but have no clue on combining...this manual is not helping me too much so any input would be appreciated. thanks again Barb You don't have to recreate it each time. You will ne...

Date Format #9
Hi I copy a SQL Query output and place it into Excel. The time column shows dates as 4/7/2006 4:02:10 AM, 2/28/2006 10:37:39 AM, 3/1/2006 1:56:40 PM. IS there a way to get rid of the hr, min and secs ? I used the format cells function on eg 4/7/2006 4:02:10 AM, 2/28/2006 10:37:39 AM, 3/1/2006 1:56:40 PM. and the columns show 4/7/2006, 2/28/2006, 3/1/2006. However, when you select the each cell, it still actually retains the values as 4/7/2006 4:02:10 AM, 2/28/2006 10:37:39 AM, 3/1/2006 1:56:40 PM I need the dates only because I am plotting a graph. With the hr, min and sec fun...

frx & XML
Frx will produce XML files, but, how do I view them? Thanks Notepad. "noyb" <Anonymous@NOYB.com> wrote in message news:41012725.19D25166@NOYB.com... > Frx will produce XML files, but, how do I view them? > Thanks > Morgan wrote: > Notepad. > "noyb" <Anonymous@NOYB.com> wrote in message > news:41012725.19D25166@NOYB.com... > >>Frx will produce XML files, but, how do I view them? >>Thanks >> > > > Really??? well here is the first few lines of what notebook displays: <report rpt_id="0" include_t...

duplicate emails #9
this might sound dumb but was hoping someone can help me here.. we starting to get duplicate emails, could this be virus related or something wrong with the exchange database ? In news:B35CE898-085E-4A14-9099-67F41B09699F@microsoft.com, drpepper <drpepper@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > this might sound dumb but was hoping someone can help me here.. > > we starting to get duplicate emails, could this be virus related or > something wrong with the exchange database ? It's hard to say with so little information. What version / SP of Exchange? What antivirus softwar...

Moving FRx
Hello, we currently have GP 8.3 with 6.5 of FRx. We are getting a new box and will be moving to GP10 and want to go to FRx 6.7. Just wondering if there is a doc out there that explains how to move FRx the right way. I looked but could not find anything any help would be appreciated. Brian, You may want to follow the instructions given in KB article 861979. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com "Brian" wrote: > Hello, we currently have GP 8.3 with 6.5 of FRx. We are getting a new > box...

FRx Forecaster and Designer
Please can you advise the following. 1. Reports uses a tree with 730 units 2. Report is financial summary only 3. Report pull data from frx forecaster and Great Plains 4. Report run takes 4 hours 5. Gl index is setup in Great plains However Report run over 730 units pulling data from great plains takes less than 20 minutes Report run without a tree pulling only from great plains takes 1 minute Report run without tree pulling data from frx forecaster and great plains takes 5-10 minutes Have tried running reports directly on the citrix servers , no real speed difference from client...