FRx 6.7 installation stop at about 80%

System Specification:
   Ms Windows Server 2008 Standard (32-bit)
   Member server joined to ActiveDirectory
   Ms SQL Server 2008 Standard (32-bit)
   FRx 6.7 Reporter
   GP 10.0 (SP4) is installed before FRx 6.7

Issue:
   During the installation of FRx 6.7 Reporter, and have defined the
settings (eg Sysdata, IO_data), then it show at the progress bar, and
the installation is running, but it then stop at about 80% and even
after long wait it still cannot complete the installation - the
progress bar remain the same. And this issue, does not prompt any
error messages)

Question:
   Does anybody encounter this issue ? Can you please advise the
solution ?

Many Thanks in advance.
0
wkz0

On Nov 14, 1:44=A0am, wkz0 <william...@gmail.com> wrote:
> System Specification:
> =A0 =A0Ms Windows Server 2008 Standard (32-bit)
> =A0 =A0Member server joined to ActiveDirectory
> =A0 =A0Ms SQL Server 2008 Standard (32-bit)
> =A0 =A0FRx 6.7 Reporter
> =A0 =A0GP 10.0 (SP4) is installed before FRx 6.7
>
> Issue:
> =A0 =A0During the installation of FRx 6.7 Reporter, and have defined the
> settings (eg Sysdata, IO_data), then it show at the progress bar, and
> the installation is running, but it then stop at about 80% and even
> after long wait it still cannot complete the installation - the
> progress bar remain the same. And this issue, does not prompt any
> error messages)
>
> Question:
> =A0 =A0Does anybody encounter this issue ? Can you please advise the
> solution ?
>
> Many Thanks in advance.

Finally I managed to get the FRx 6.7 to be installed onto the Windows
Server 2008.
I have done a test by installing the FRx different machine but it with
the same O/S. And I just wish to share my finding here.

The FRx installation stop -- but it was not really stop there, it is
just need to take much longer time. I did expect that long waiting
time for this installation on this high speed server compare to the
workstation. I did the same FRx installation on workstation and i can
complete the installation within 15 minutes. but if do it on the
server 2008, it took about half an hour, there will be a very long
waiting at about 80% completion stated in the progress bar.

Even though the FRx installation is much longer time that expected, it
can work and FRx is now working fine.

0
WKZ0

FRx SP10
Is there a listing of the known problems cuased by applying SP 10 for FRx? I would like to install it to correct the excel export issue but I believe that this SP causes certain other problems. Sue Sue, Jan Harrigan has a pretty comprehensive write up on this: http://www.frxbuzz.com/frx-sp10-the-good-the-bad-and-the-ugly/ My 2 cents: the only real issue that I have seen (and only with 1 customer so far) is the C$ format on first row. And there is a workaround for this here: http://www.frxbuzz.com/frx-sp10-and-cs-currency-rounding-on-the-first-row/. And SP 10 absolutely correct...

Can't send email #6
This started happening about two weeks again I get the folowing massage everytme I try to send email The following recipient(s) could not be reached: '____@______' on 12/11/2003 5:27 PM 550 not local host ________, not a gateway My outgiving authenication is checked, I have turned my virus scan off for out going mail. I can delete my account and reenter the information and it will work fine but once I close my outlook and then open it again the same thing happens. Any suggestion I am at my wits end What version of Outlook do you have? What sort of outgoing auth...

FRx 6.7 Registration Key Problem
I have an FRx 6.7 install running under Windows 2003 terminal services and when I installed everything, relocated the server, and tested, everything went smooth. I was able to access the system and pull up reports from the catalog. The problem now is that when the user logs in, they get an error that the Spec type isn't correct for this installation type etc, which I've traced back to the fact that the licensing is missing from the installation now. When I re-enter the license, it works fine until I close out of FRx at which point it apparently blows away all changes. This...

Selecting a point on a chart in Excel 2007 on Windows 7 03-29-10
Hi, I have a macro that operates on a point, selected on a chart. It works fine in Excel 2003 on Windows XP, Windows 7, and in Excel 2007 on Windows XP. However, I can't seem to select a point by clicking on it in Office 2007 on Windows 7. Sometimes when I select the chart *some* point gets selected, but I can't change that selection either by clicking on another point or by using the keyboard (both ways work fine in Excel 2003). Is there a way to *reliably* select a point on a chart in Excel 2007? Thank you! ...

The future of FRx
Can somebody please clear this up for me. Currently we are using Dynamics GP 10 and FRx 6.7 for our financials. We are looking for a Business Intelligent tool that will let us create BI reports [we are an investment banking firm]. My research on Microsoft's site indicates that FRx is being phased out and it will be replaced by Management Reporter. I took a look at MR and it looks like a dupe of FRx. Also we are looking at Enterprise Reporter - can somebody confirm if ER can generate the same financials as FRx? I then hear that ER is being phased out. Which products should we be loo...

Quick question about Outlook 2003 Process not stopping
I know I just gave a big compliment about the great Junk filter. But I do have one minor problem totally unrelated. Ocassionaly, when I close Outlook 2003. The 'Outlook' process continues to run until I go into Task Manager and stop it manually. Then it's fine for several days, and then it does it again. No set pattern, just once in a while. No big deal really, but I would like to fix it all the same. Any ideas why this is happeneing, and what I can do to prevent it? Thanks. Look for 3rd party tools that sync/utilize Outlook data. For example, Outlook will stay resident with ...

Worker thread in VC++ 6
I have the following code below that apears to be working. I have not included all the serial port initialization here. When I receive a 30h or 31h or 32h into the serial port it does display the correct "Got ##h" message. Now how do I get the data (Bar[0]) to "UpdateDisplay()" ? Bar[] is a global varible; I checked the task manager and I do not seems to be wasting any CPU cycles. Thanks ================================================================= void CMartin1Dlg::UpdateDisplay() { m_BarChart.SetNumData(33); m_BarChart.SetData(1,Bar[0]); m_BarChart.Invalidate(...

FRx #9
When I query up the report all is fine until I requests the print out. Then the CPU maxes out and drill32.exe takes over 50% of the CPU and the machine will lock out his session. Dear, first confirm this, Is FRx working properly and for this make a simple report like, make a Trial Balance Report and if it will work properly then please, check thoroughly all settings of your report as well as column and row conditions. Regards, SMA "Bruce" <Bruce@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E0E2486F-9579-45EF-B606-89B05C27B28F@microsoft.com... > When I query up ...

Backlight driver for WinCE 6.00
Hi all, I am starting a new BSP development for one of our customer. For this BSP, I need to create a backlight driver. So I search on MSDN what are the driver specific function needed. What a surprise for me, there are no backlight driver sample and/or example. I also search in the PUBLIC/COMMON/OAK/DRIVERS directory from Windows CE 6 but there a no sample driver ! What does this mean? Is there no "standard" way to create a backlight driver for Windows CE? Thanks for any comment Best regards Fabrice Exactly, there's no standard backlight driver: I hope ...

Visual C++ Version 6. Missing my MSDN CD.
I use Visual C++ version 6. I recently rebuilt my PC. I successfully reloaded the compiler. But, I seem to have misplaced my MSDN CD from many years ago. Without that CD I don't have any help with my compiler. Is there anything I can do? Perhaps, is that CD available for download someplace? I haven't loaded that CD for years. I just use Google or MSN Search to find information online. You might want to contact MSFT to see if you can get another, but I don't think they do much support for V6 any longer. Tom "TonyG" <TonyG@junk.com> wrote in message news:pO...

stopping non-existing email
Hi, Is there a way in Exchange 5.5 to stop reply back to a sender who sends an email to a non-existing email account on our Exchange 5.5 server? Thanks for any help. No. "jon f." wrote: > Hi, > > Is there a way in Exchange 5.5 to stop reply back to a > sender who sends an email to a non-existing email account > on our Exchange 5.5 server? > > Thanks for any help. > "jon f." wrote: > > >>Hi, >> >>Is there a way in Exchange 5.5 to stop reply back to a >>sender who sends an email to a non-existing email acc...

FRX
error 3050 when starting FRX any thoughts? Hmmmmm..... Doesn't appear to be a Pervasive error.... Could be a SQL error..... Could be an OS error..... With a lack of any other pertinent information, could it be a Windows error relating to not being able to lock the database..... Could occur if the user only has read access and therefore the database engine cannot write a lock.... How about the entire error message and more info about the version numbers for Greaat Plains, FRx, database, etc.... Just some thoughts..... Lyle On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 13:45:29 -0700, "Shannon" <sh...

help me ? Computer browser service stopped automaticly problem / windows server 2003
*::Greeting all plz i need help i have problem with windwos server2003 , computer browser service stopbed automaticly , always i start it again manuly and i keep it automatic start but after afew minute stopp again , so the user cant access file or shared folder on server , if any one have solustion how i can fix the problem ?? Many Thanks::* -- MAX16MCC ------------------------------------------------------------------------ MAX16MCC's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/189476.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/windows-server-help/131081...

How to stop automatic division of numbers in Excel
Hi, For some reason whenever I enter numbers into Excel 2003 now without the = sign beforehand, the number shows up as if I divided it by 10,000 (i.e. 1 becomes .0001). I don't know what I did to start this problem but I can't figure out how to solve it. Thanks for any help, Justin Hi! Goto Tools>Options>Edit And see if you have Fixed Decimal Places set to 4. Biff >-----Original Message----- >Hi, >For some reason whenever I enter numbers into Excel 2003 now without the = >sign beforehand, the number shows up as if I divided it by 10,000 (i.e. 1 >become...

Smart Investors Wanted!!! #7
INVESTMENT OPPORTUNITY! Fork It Over! a Ground Floor Unique Dimension & Concept In the Children's Entertainment Market... For More information http://www.kidseyeview.us ...

IMS stops
I am running Exchange 5.5 with all available service packs on Win2K Every couple of days, the IMS just stops. Nothing in the event log. I restart it and everything is fine. Driving me crazy and don't know where to start looking? Any help would be greatly appreciated. -- Dan "=?Utf-8?B?RGFuIEhvbGFoYW4=?=" <DanHolahan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:BDD00275-0096-4B02-BD4D-7E81843E3AD5 @microsoft.com: > I am running Exchange 5.5 with all available service packs on Win2K > Every couple of days, the IMS just stops. > Nothing in the event log. >...

FRX help #2
I was wondering if there was any way to run a report in Frx by vendor name. So if I wanted to see what I paid ABC Company for the month by G/L code, it would show me. If so, how would you do it. Any help would be appreciated thanks Barb Can get everything except the GL code through a smart list : Payables Transactions Search Doc type = payment Doc Date between... Vendor ID = But getting to the GL account is beyond me (newbie) "BK" wrote: > I was wondering if there was any way to run a report in Frx by vendor name. > So if I wanted to see what I paid ABC Company for the...

Report Yields no data in FRx
We use GP 7.5 Standard MSDE and FRx 6.5.246. Upgrading is not an option right now. We created a historical company so that we could purge data from production in order to stay under that old 2 GB limit. When I set up the Historical company in FRx and try to print a balance sheet or P&L from the period that we purged in production, the reports yield no data. However I can print a trial balance in GP so I know the data is there. Also, FRx reports print OK for the current periods in the Historical company. I have: refreshed the SBI scripts deleted the .g32 files from sysdata reconciled GL ...

550 5.7.1 relaying denied using Exchange 2003 with SP2
Any idea's what is causing this? We are running Windows 2003 SP1 and Exchange 2003 SP2. The following recipient(s) could not be reached: john@abc.com on 4/24/2006 11:16 AM You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator. <mail2.econo.com #5.7.1 smtp;550 5.7.1 <john@abc.com>... Relaying denied> That is for incoming or outgoing, occasional or all? Did it ever work the way you want? etc. John wrote: > > Any idea's what is causing this? > > We are running Windows 2003 SP1 and Exchange 2003 SP2. &...

Enter Network Password #6
Anyone help please? Over the last few days I have had to repeatedly enter network password for my email. Checking the box to save it doesn't work either. It's driving me mad. Any clues please guys. dr dodge ...

Stop Excel from converting text labels in CSV files to Values
I have a rather frustrating problem. We have a macro that extracts plant codes from a list and creates a csv file of these codes. Many of these codes have leading zeros, (ie. 0075, 0100, etc.) When this csv file is opened in Excel, it converts the labels to values (ie. 75, 100, etc.). I have opened the csv file in a text editor, and it shows the correct label - with leading zeros. Is there a way to get Excel to open this file without converting the text field to values? Rename the file to extension *.txt, then the text import wizard will popup when you open it, click next twice and sel...

Webpart for FRx
I've seen a couple of places refer to a webpart for FRx reports - does anyone know about it? Hello, FRx Webport is basically used for publishing FRx reports to intranet. This option enables you to view the reports in explorer. -- Thanks Janakiram M.P. MCP-GP http://janakirammp.blogspot.com "jland5" wrote: > I've seen a couple of places refer to a webpart for FRx reports - does anyone > know about it? ...

Windows 7 Professional Backup Utility and Task Scheduler
I have functionality questions about the subject utilities but don't want to post them if this is not the right newsgroup. If it is OK to post here let me know. Otherwise, I appreciate being directed to the correct Microsoft public newsgroup. There doesn't seem to be a specific Windows 7 newsgroup. -- Thank You If your using Win 7 x64 this is the place to be. -- -- "Richard" <Reply@Communities.Thanks> wrote in message news:ue17bLOdKHA.4880@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... >I have functionality questions about the subject utilities but don't wa...

Net Framework Failed Install Issues
I have been having a few issues with software that appear to be related to ..net framework on my XP Pro SP3 machine. I have read numerous posts and tried dozens of "fixes" with none that work and am close to putting a hammer through my monitor through frustration. It has gotten to the point where I deleted all net framework versions and have started over at least 5 times to no avail. I've uninstalled using both Add & Remove programs as well as Microsoft's net framework removal tool, turned off all anti-virus software, tried downloading & installing ea...

cloning a copy of FRx
We are using Microsoft Dynamics GP ver. 10.0 and FRx ver. 6.7. We are trying to discover how, when we make a clone of our production server on to a test server, to clone FRx also. When we have done this in the past, the cloned FRx spec set on test actually changes the spec set for the production or ‘live’ server. Of course, once we hear from the users about errors they’re receiving, we change the spec set back. But now the test server is pointing to the live spec set. It seems to allow only one way or the other. When we asked our VAR, their response was: if you want the clo...