FRX 6.7 Does not recognize user signon or password.

I am setting up FRX 6.7 on a test pc with Windows XP, and Microsoft Office
2003, I tried to signon to The General Fund as the administrator, but it does
not recognize the password.  It does not recognize passwords from any users.
Therefore no one can sign on
0
janieb (23)

I believe this was fixed in a service pack....  If you already have FRx
installed elsewhere, you should match the service pack that you have there.
If you do not, the latest service pack is SP 9.

--
Victoria Yudin
Dynamics GP MVP

"janieb" <janieb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am setting up FRX 6.7 on a test pc with Windows XP, and Microsoft Office
> 2003, I tried to signon to The General Fund as the administrator, but it
> does
> not recognize the password.  It does not recognize passwords from any
> users.
> Therefore no one can sign on

0
victoria (3340)

The current user account doesn't have permission to convert or enable this datab
Hi, I get this error when I try converting an Access 97 database to Access 2002 on a XP machine.. "The current user account doesn't have permission to convert or enable this database." I thought the Access 97 mdb might have been secured, I checked it and found that it is only linked to System.mdw The 97 mdb file works on all NT machines with Access 97 installed on it. But when I try converting it using Access 2002 Database utility for converting it gives me this error Please help... Jack. Hi Jack, "Jack" <sampete74@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:13e90...

FRx SP10
Is there a listing of the known problems cuased by applying SP 10 for FRx? I would like to install it to correct the excel export issue but I believe that this SP causes certain other problems. Sue Sue, Jan Harrigan has a pretty comprehensive write up on this: http://www.frxbuzz.com/frx-sp10-the-good-the-bad-and-the-ugly/ My 2 cents: the only real issue that I have seen (and only with 1 customer so far) is the C$ format on first row. And there is a workaround for this here: http://www.frxbuzz.com/frx-sp10-and-cs-currency-rounding-on-the-first-row/. And SP 10 absolutely correct...

Can't send email #6
This started happening about two weeks again I get the folowing massage everytme I try to send email The following recipient(s) could not be reached: '____@______' on 12/11/2003 5:27 PM 550 not local host ________, not a gateway My outgiving authenication is checked, I have turned my virus scan off for out going mail. I can delete my account and reenter the information and it will work fine but once I close my outlook and then open it again the same thing happens. Any suggestion I am at my wits end What version of Outlook do you have? What sort of outgoing auth...

FRx 6.7 Registration Key Problem
I have an FRx 6.7 install running under Windows 2003 terminal services and when I installed everything, relocated the server, and tested, everything went smooth. I was able to access the system and pull up reports from the catalog. The problem now is that when the user logs in, they get an error that the Spec type isn't correct for this installation type etc, which I've traced back to the fact that the licensing is missing from the installation now. When I re-enter the license, it works fine until I close out of FRx at which point it apparently blows away all changes. This...

Money 2006: cannot verify signon
Running on Windows 98se. Have not been able to do an online update since the MSN site update that took place on Oct 11. I have tried clearing cookies & temp internet files, & repairing Money file, & my live ID works on the MSN/Money site. Are they still working on the site??? In microsoft.public.money, TSquare wrote: >Running on Windows 98se. Have not been able to do an online update since the >MSN site update that took place on Oct 11. I have tried clearing cookies & >temp internet files, & repairing Money file, & my live ID works on the >MSN/Money...

Selecting a point on a chart in Excel 2007 on Windows 7 03-29-10
Hi, I have a macro that operates on a point, selected on a chart. It works fine in Excel 2003 on Windows XP, Windows 7, and in Excel 2007 on Windows XP. However, I can't seem to select a point by clicking on it in Office 2007 on Windows 7. Sometimes when I select the chart *some* point gets selected, but I can't change that selection either by clicking on another point or by using the keyboard (both ways work fine in Excel 2003). Is there a way to *reliably* select a point on a chart in Excel 2007? Thank you! ...

The future of FRx
Can somebody please clear this up for me. Currently we are using Dynamics GP 10 and FRx 6.7 for our financials. We are looking for a Business Intelligent tool that will let us create BI reports [we are an investment banking firm]. My research on Microsoft's site indicates that FRx is being phased out and it will be replaced by Management Reporter. I took a look at MR and it looks like a dupe of FRx. Also we are looking at Enterprise Reporter - can somebody confirm if ER can generate the same financials as FRx? I then hear that ER is being phased out. Which products should we be loo...

Worker thread in VC++ 6
I have the following code below that apears to be working. I have not included all the serial port initialization here. When I receive a 30h or 31h or 32h into the serial port it does display the correct "Got ##h" message. Now how do I get the data (Bar[0]) to "UpdateDisplay()" ? Bar[] is a global varible; I checked the task manager and I do not seems to be wasting any CPU cycles. Thanks ================================================================= void CMartin1Dlg::UpdateDisplay() { m_BarChart.SetNumData(33); m_BarChart.SetData(1,Bar[0]); m_BarChart.Invalidate(...

FRx #9
When I query up the report all is fine until I requests the print out. Then the CPU maxes out and drill32.exe takes over 50% of the CPU and the machine will lock out his session. Dear, first confirm this, Is FRx working properly and for this make a simple report like, make a Trial Balance Report and if it will work properly then please, check thoroughly all settings of your report as well as column and row conditions. Regards, SMA "Bruce" <Bruce@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E0E2486F-9579-45EF-B606-89B05C27B28F@microsoft.com... > When I query up ...

Backlight driver for WinCE 6.00
Hi all, I am starting a new BSP development for one of our customer. For this BSP, I need to create a backlight driver. So I search on MSDN what are the driver specific function needed. What a surprise for me, there are no backlight driver sample and/or example. I also search in the PUBLIC/COMMON/OAK/DRIVERS directory from Windows CE 6 but there a no sample driver ! What does this mean? Is there no "standard" way to create a backlight driver for Windows CE? Thanks for any comment Best regards Fabrice Exactly, there's no standard backlight driver: I hope ...

Money 2006 crash, now won't recognize password
I have used MS Money products for a decade now, and have occassionly run into problems that I was able to fix on my own. But this one has got my stumped. Launched MS Money 2006, entered my Passport password it started to open then the program crashed. When I try to reopen, I'm prompted for my password, it says that I didn't close the file last time and that it needs to verify the contents, I click yes, I starts and then stops saying my password is incorrect. To troubleshoot, I open a test Money file w/ the same Passport, everything works fine. I changed my Passport password, and I ...

Visual C++ Version 6. Missing my MSDN CD.
I use Visual C++ version 6. I recently rebuilt my PC. I successfully reloaded the compiler. But, I seem to have misplaced my MSDN CD from many years ago. Without that CD I don't have any help with my compiler. Is there anything I can do? Perhaps, is that CD available for download someplace? I haven't loaded that CD for years. I just use Google or MSN Search to find information online. You might want to contact MSFT to see if you can get another, but I don't think they do much support for V6 any longer. Tom "TonyG" <TonyG@junk.com> wrote in message news:pO...

Trouble adding users
WHen I hit save for a new CRM user (either in the WebUI, or deployment manager). I am getting the following error: Microsoft CRM Platform Error Report: Error Description: Exception from HRESULT: 0x80005000. Error Details: Details on this error have not been provided by the platform. Error Number: 0x80005000 Source File: Not available Line Number: Not available Date: 10-20-2004 Time: 9:55:13 AM Type: Platform Error (2) Server: appserver Query String: /biz/use...

Restricting Inventory site for users
We are implementing GP for a large organization with many Inventory Sites and would like to have a way to restrict certain users from particular sites. Is there a solution for this? Thank you in advance, Ryan Which version of GP are you on? Are these sites with the same "company" in GP? There are some security restrictions that you can implement with GP security such as not allowing a user to post inventory transactions at all. But that would mean for a given user for all inventory transactions regardless of the site selected. The other way out is to customize the form and ...

Prevent user from modifying my form !
Hello, I am working in an application VBA/Access which was developped by another person, and I am supposed to modify it. I created a new form for the app, but I recently noticed that if I do a right-clic on the title bar of my form, a context menu appears allowing the user the switch to "form create" mode, or to display the form properties and allowing the user to modify them !!! I want to prevent this menu from being available to the user, and not let it being displayed in the case of a right clic on my form. Can anybody tell me what is the way to solve this point ? I believe ...

Database Password Issue With Oracle
I have a 2003 database that has a front end and a back end. The back end is on a shared drive. I had an IT person create a link to an Oracle view. We have a Peoplesoft system. This link required a password, which is static. We put it in once and that is all. When the database opens, it runs a procedure in a module that uses the links to the Oracle view to retrieve new information that was added since the last time the database was opened. This is usually within fifteen minutes. I have a series of queries that perform this procedure. I was asked to secure the back end with a pa...

FRX
error 3050 when starting FRX any thoughts? Hmmmmm..... Doesn't appear to be a Pervasive error.... Could be a SQL error..... Could be an OS error..... With a lack of any other pertinent information, could it be a Windows error relating to not being able to lock the database..... Could occur if the user only has read access and therefore the database engine cannot write a lock.... How about the entire error message and more info about the version numbers for Greaat Plains, FRx, database, etc.... Just some thoughts..... Lyle On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 13:45:29 -0700, "Shannon" <sh...

Assign mailbox to another user
Windows Small Business Server 2003 i had an employee recently leave full-time status. i deleted her as a user since she didn't need to recieve email on that account anymore. problem is, she needs a bunch of info in the mailbox since she does a minor amount of consulting for us. how can i at least reattach her mailbox to a user or login so she can retrieve her mail? i tried adding her as a user and using the Reconnect exchange task but it won't show her account when i search for it. TIA! Chris you created a new account and connected the mailbox to that account? it should sh...

Smart Investors Wanted!!! #7
INVESTMENT OPPORTUNITY! Fork It Over! a Ground Floor Unique Dimension & Concept In the Children's Entertainment Market... For More information http://www.kidseyeview.us ...

Assigning cell contents to a textbox in a User Form
Under Excel 2003 and with the help of many here in this NG, I have designed a User Form to display the contents of some of the cells in a workbook. The way I did it was, in general, like this: txtTextBoxName.Text = Sheets("SheetName").Cells(6, 2).Text and so forth for each textbox and cell. It works fine until I insert a column or row in the sheet and the info I want in the TextBoxName is no longer in 6,2. Is there anyway I can use relative addressing or something like it to avoid this problem? I have tried assigning a name to each cell I want to show in the form but can...

Can't add a new user
When I attempt to add a user to CRM 3.0, I get the error: You are attempting to create a user with a domain logon that is already used by another user. Select another domain logon and try again. We think this user had access to the system at one time but his CRM account was deleted. What old data is still around that's preventing me from adding him back? Is it in the CRM database, AD, the registry? What do I need to do to correct the problem? Thanks for your assistance. Hi Ed, since you can not delete a user from CRM (you need to go directly to the database to do that) I guess...

FRX help #2
I was wondering if there was any way to run a report in Frx by vendor name. So if I wanted to see what I paid ABC Company for the month by G/L code, it would show me. If so, how would you do it. Any help would be appreciated thanks Barb Can get everything except the GL code through a smart list : Payables Transactions Search Doc type = payment Doc Date between... Vendor ID = But getting to the GL account is beyond me (newbie) "BK" wrote: > I was wondering if there was any way to run a report in Frx by vendor name. > So if I wanted to see what I paid ABC Company for the...

Wise to set up user level security for a multi FE MDB ??
I am currently using MS 2003 and work on a multi-user database. I have reviewed previous posts in the forum and followed their advise achieved in spliting the database to FE and BE, and converting the FE as MDE file to protect the codes and Forms in the database. I am proceeding to User Level Security but encountered couples of problem. Which increased my concerned if it is wised to setup user level security for the multi FE MDB. 1) I could not could not set User Level Security in an MDE file?? is that true?? 2) I am now sharing the database by deploying FE copies of MDE ...

Report Yields no data in FRx
We use GP 7.5 Standard MSDE and FRx 6.5.246. Upgrading is not an option right now. We created a historical company so that we could purge data from production in order to stay under that old 2 GB limit. When I set up the Historical company in FRx and try to print a balance sheet or P&L from the period that we purged in production, the reports yield no data. However I can print a trial balance in GP so I know the data is there. Also, FRx reports print OK for the current periods in the Historical company. I have: refreshed the SBI scripts deleted the .g32 files from sysdata reconciled GL ...

550 5.7.1 relaying denied using Exchange 2003 with SP2
Any idea's what is causing this? We are running Windows 2003 SP1 and Exchange 2003 SP2. The following recipient(s) could not be reached: john@abc.com on 4/24/2006 11:16 AM You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator. <mail2.econo.com #5.7.1 smtp;550 5.7.1 <john@abc.com>... Relaying denied> That is for incoming or outgoing, occasional or all? Did it ever work the way you want? etc. John wrote: > > Any idea's what is causing this? > > We are running Windows 2003 SP1 and Exchange 2003 SP2. &...