FRx 6.7: Accounts Not Displaying In Row File

I have successfully created Financial Statements for two of our three
companies. However, I’m having a problem with the third one. In creating the
row file, I specify a range from account 30000 through 99999. Most accounts
show up in the list. Some don’t. The following account string will be my
example of an existing account, with a balance, that does not show up in the
row file:

00000-30035-00000 (30035 is the main account)

If I manually insert a row into the row file, type in the description, and
click the down arrow for the GL Link, the account does not display in the
drop down. However, if I manually enter 30035 in the GL Link and print the
report, it shows the account with the correct balance.

If I try to create a row file that contains only this account in the “Add
Rows From Chart Of Accounts…”, I get an error message indicating the account
was not found. Again, it doesn’t show in the GL Link dropdown, but I can
manually enter 30035 in GL Link and it prints on the report.

0
bob.b (28)

Issue resolved. Ran the "FRx_67_Server_Based_Index_Scripts_Combined_GP.sql"
script that is contained on the FRx 6.7 CD. All accounts now display in the
row file.
--
Bob

"Bob B" wrote:

> I have successfully created Financial Statements for two of our three
> companies. However, I’m having a problem with the third one. In creating the
> row file, I specify a range from account 30000 through 99999. Most accounts
> show up in the list. Some don’t. The following account string will be my
> example of an existing account, with a balance, that does not show up in the
> row file:
>
> 00000-30035-00000 (30035 is the main account)
>
> If I manually insert a row into the row file, type in the description, and
> click the down arrow for the GL Link, the account does not display in the
> drop down. However, if I manually enter 30035 in the GL Link and print the
> report, it shows the account with the correct balance.
>
> If I try to create a row file that contains only this account in the “Add
> Rows From Chart Of Accounts…”, I get an error message indicating the account
> was not found. Again, it doesn’t show in the GL Link dropdown, but I can
> manually enter 30035 in GL Link and it prints on the report.

0
bob.b (28)
4/7/2006 8:09:01 PM
Bob,
Since you are creating financial statements for multiple companies, I
believe you have set a default company in FRX.  Change the default company to
your third company - It's been my experience that the look up or display
accounts contain only the "default' company accounts.  You should be able to
see the third companies accounts after changing the default company.

"Bob B" wrote:

> I have successfully created Financial Statements for two of our three
> companies. However, I’m having a problem with the third one. In creating the
> row file, I specify a range from account 30000 through 99999. Most accounts
> show up in the list. Some don’t. The following account string will be my
> example of an existing account, with a balance, that does not show up in the
> row file:
>
> 00000-30035-00000 (30035 is the main account)
>
> If I manually insert a row into the row file, type in the description, and
> click the down arrow for the GL Link, the account does not display in the
> drop down. However, if I manually enter 30035 in the GL Link and print the
> report, it shows the account with the correct balance.
>
> If I try to create a row file that contains only this account in the “Add
> Rows From Chart Of Accounts…”, I get an error message indicating the account
> was not found. Again, it doesn’t show in the GL Link dropdown, but I can
> manually enter 30035 in GL Link and it prints on the report.

FRx SP10
Is there a listing of the known problems cuased by applying SP 10 for FRx? I would like to install it to correct the excel export issue but I believe that this SP causes certain other problems. Sue Sue, Jan Harrigan has a pretty comprehensive write up on this: http://www.frxbuzz.com/frx-sp10-the-good-the-bad-and-the-ugly/ My 2 cents: the only real issue that I have seen (and only with 1 customer so far) is the C$ format on first row. And there is a workaround for this here: http://www.frxbuzz.com/frx-sp10-and-cs-currency-rounding-on-the-first-row/. And SP 10 absolutely correct...

The current user account doesn't have permission to convert or enable this datab
Hi, I get this error when I try converting an Access 97 database to Access 2002 on a XP machine.. "The current user account doesn't have permission to convert or enable this database." I thought the Access 97 mdb might have been secured, I checked it and found that it is only linked to System.mdw The 97 mdb file works on all NT machines with Access 97 installed on it. But when I try converting it using Access 2002 Database utility for converting it gives me this error Please help... Jack. Hi Jack, "Jack" <sampete74@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:13e90...

Outlook 2K
I'm running Outlook 2000 with Microsoft LDAP, Fedora 3 & OpenLdap. If I enter a name, it is resolved correctly on the LDAP server, and if I pop up the address book window, click on search, leave the seach blank, and click on OK, then I get the entire directory. I'm using this in a small office instead of numerous PAB files. I'd like Outlook to populate its local directory each time it is launched, without having to go through the search. Is there a way to do this? ...

New exchange old Groupwise accounts
Hey all, We just put in our own Exchange 2003 server into a 2003 domain, created all the accounts and mailboxes. Our current provider has our email on a groupwise system. We are keeping our domain name. Is there a good description of how I can export email from our current provider's Groupwise and then import them into Exchange. We will be scheduling a DNS switch to point to our new server. There are about 500 accounts that I need to move the data for. Thanks What data do you want? Using the Exchange migration wizard (built-in to Exchange - Start -> Programs -> Exchange -...

DIsplaying negative time values
Hi, I have two columns of time values. I need to determine the difference between the two values and return either a positive or negative time value. The table below is in hours and minutes Time A Time B 09:00:00 09:00:00 09:00:00 09:03:00 09:00:00 08:58:00 In the above example First row should be "00:00:00", Second row should be "00:03:00", and Third row should be "-00:02:00" When subtracting Time B from Time A for the first two rows i get the correct value, but the third row returns as "##########...

How to display the number zero at the beginning of a number when .
-- Cal Type an apostrophe before the leading zero.........the apostrophe will not display, but will convert the cell to TEXT format.....or, format the cell as TEXT before entering the number with the leading zero. Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx2 "Calvin" <Calvin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:77ACE3B4-D0D6-453C-925E-659AB79BAA7E@microsoft.com... > > -- > Cal Another option to try .. You could also format the column to display the leading zeros as desired Example: Select col A Format > Cells > Number tab Select Custom under Category In th...

read only files
I have publisher 2003 and every time i try to save my homework onto CD it says the file is marked as read only. If it helps to know, I'm the administrator. Is there a way I can unmark it as read only as there's no other way i can save my work. I've tried copying and pasting the file onto the disk but that hasnt worked either. Please, any help would be useful. annoyed student wrote: > I have publisher 2003 and every time i try to save my homework onto CD it > says the file is marked as read only. > If it helps to know, I'm the administrator. > Is there a way I...

cannot delete a program file
I am trying to delete a program file for a program which I delted and I keep getting the error message that access is denied. I do not know what is causing the problem and how to correct it. Any help will be appreciated. "David Black" <DavidBlack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:05BC5882-B53F-43F8-ABC7-A78E238B6ACF@microsoft.com... >I am trying to delete a program file for a program which I delted and I >keep > getting the error message that access is denied. I do not know what is > causing the problem and how to correct it. Any he...

can't get account to balance
I have tried balancing my checking account in Money2005 Deluxe. I had been able to and suddenly in March of this year there was an amount there that I couldn't, at that time track down. Usually I'd go to the balance account section, enter in my ending balance and date, and the amount of difference was $0, so the account was in balance and it was usually a 30 sec process to balance the account. Somehow I checked something as being reconciled that maybe wasn't. Is there a way to start that process out from where it was originally?? That is, when I first started the proces...

Can't send email #6
This started happening about two weeks again I get the folowing massage everytme I try to send email The following recipient(s) could not be reached: '____@______' on 12/11/2003 5:27 PM 550 not local host ________, not a gateway My outgiving authenication is checked, I have turned my virus scan off for out going mail. I can delete my account and reenter the information and it will work fine but once I close my outlook and then open it again the same thing happens. Any suggestion I am at my wits end What version of Outlook do you have? What sort of outgoing auth...

console app version display
Hello, Is this possible to add to the console application version information, to be shown when user click right click and properties? (like for dll or windows app) thanks Yes, it is. Add a version resource to your project. In the VS's main menu: Project->Add resource... select Version as resource's type and edit it according to your needs. -- Un saludo Rodrigo Corral Gonz�lez [MVP] FAQ de microsoft.public.es.vc++ http://rcorral.mvps.org thanks a lot, I didn't know it would be that easy :) "Rodrigo Corral [MVP]" <corral_glez@hotmail.com> wrote in mess...

Chart to display zeroes values
Hello, I have a strange question. I have a clustered column chart where some values are zero. In such cases, no column appears for these observations (i.e. a column of zero height). Anyway to make the column appears for these zero values? There are 8 categories (a thru h) and I want to display 8 bars representing each category even if the value is zero. Then, I would like to have the data label displays inside each of the bar representing the value. Can this be done? with the following group of data F08 F09 F10 F11 F12 a 2 0 0 0 0 b 0 0 0 3 1 c 1 1 0 0 0 d 1 2 0 1 1 e 2 0 0 ...

Deleting repeated rows
I got an excel file which has around 50k rows but should have around 25k rows - some have got duplicated somehow - the first column that I have is the ID which is unique - is there any way to delete rows having repeated IDs ? Thanks -- anjanesh Freelance Developer ------------------------------------------------------------------------ anjanesh's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27132 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=546593 Hi, You could put a button in the sheet and use this code: Private Sub CommandButto...

How can I import Excel file to Calendar
I want to import excel file to calendar, which contain our company holiday, but after I import and select file, it shown " Has no named range in Microsolf 2003", what I'm wrong, and what it's meaning? This file saved as ..xls Please help "Hunsa" <Hunsa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4FE25358-1BB9-4B68-AF92-4B3E490F22F2@microsoft.com... > I want to import excel file to calendar, which contain our company > holiday, > but after I import and select file, it shown " Has no named range in > Microsolf 2003", ...

Anonymous Email Account
Is there a way in Exchange to have a public folder setup that users send email to that will not display their email address? This is for our Compliance Department and they want the ability to allow our users to email a public folder account already setup called Compliance Line but don't want to know who sent the email. If there is a btter way I would appreciate any help offered. You could set up an ASP web page that uses CDO to send the e-mail. You would be able to set the FROM variable to whatever you want. I do this on my web site for comments (except I allow the sender to typ...

FRx 6.7 Registration Key Problem
I have an FRx 6.7 install running under Windows 2003 terminal services and when I installed everything, relocated the server, and tested, everything went smooth. I was able to access the system and pull up reports from the catalog. The problem now is that when the user logs in, they get an error that the Spec type isn't correct for this installation type etc, which I've traced back to the fact that the licensing is missing from the installation now. When I re-enter the license, it works fine until I close out of FRx at which point it apparently blows away all changes. This...

Short cut for deleting rows
Hello I am trying to make my work a little faster and see if there is a shorter way to delete a row besides the right click> ----- Leeza wrote: ---- Hello I am trying to make my work a little faster and see if there is a shorter way to delete a row besides the right click I am working in xp I guess you could create a macro activecell.entirerow.delete and assign to a shortcut or an worksheet change event macro that said if "d" in col a then delete the row -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Leeza" <anonymous@discussions.microsof...

The future of FRx
Can somebody please clear this up for me. Currently we are using Dynamics GP 10 and FRx 6.7 for our financials. We are looking for a Business Intelligent tool that will let us create BI reports [we are an investment banking firm]. My research on Microsoft's site indicates that FRx is being phased out and it will be replaced by Management Reporter. I took a look at MR and it looks like a dupe of FRx. Also we are looking at Enterprise Reporter - can somebody confirm if ER can generate the same financials as FRx? I then hear that ER is being phased out. Which products should we be loo...

Selecting a point on a chart in Excel 2007 on Windows 7 03-29-10
Hi, I have a macro that operates on a point, selected on a chart. It works fine in Excel 2003 on Windows XP, Windows 7, and in Excel 2007 on Windows XP. However, I can't seem to select a point by clicking on it in Office 2007 on Windows 7. Sometimes when I select the chart *some* point gets selected, but I can't change that selection either by clicking on another point or by using the keyboard (both ways work fine in Excel 2003). Is there a way to *reliably* select a point on a chart in Excel 2007? Thank you! ...

Worker thread in VC++ 6
I have the following code below that apears to be working. I have not included all the serial port initialization here. When I receive a 30h or 31h or 32h into the serial port it does display the correct "Got ##h" message. Now how do I get the data (Bar[0]) to "UpdateDisplay()" ? Bar[] is a global varible; I checked the task manager and I do not seems to be wasting any CPU cycles. Thanks ================================================================= void CMartin1Dlg::UpdateDisplay() { m_BarChart.SetNumData(33); m_BarChart.SetData(1,Bar[0]); m_BarChart.Invalidate(...

Automatic choose and send account
When I was using Office 2000, I managed to configure things so that when I sent email, it somehow automatically and successfully sent the email. I am now using Office 2003. but if I receive email to account1, it automatically chooses account1 to send the email. However, if I am not connected to the correct ISP, then I have to manually change the account to match. Sometimes, I don't realize that the mismatch has occurred, until I see that the email has not been sent. Then I have to reopen the email and change the account used to send the email. Any idea on how to configure things so tha...

selecting rows using a variable
I am using excel 2003 and I need to select rows using a variable. Here is what I have now: Dim name As String name = Range("e800") ActiveWorkbook.Sheets("individual stats").Range("a1:a1540").Select Selection.EntireRow.Hidden = True Dim Start As Integer Dim finish As Integer Start = Application.WorksheetFunction.Lookup(name, Range("Q800:Q881"), Range("t800:t881")) finish = Application.WorksheetFunction.Lookup(name, Range("Q800:Q881"), Range("u800:u881")) ActiveWorkbook.Sheets("individual stats&q...

help with header row format
Hi, The first row in my excel file is the header. When I insert a new row after that, the new row takes the format, color etc of the header. How can I avoid the new rows inserted form taking the format of the forst row? Thanks If it's Excel 2003, when you insert the new row under the header row youy should get a small icon appearing which has a drop down arrow providing format options. You can select to format the new row as the line above, the line below, or clear formatting. -- Noel O'K "Chris" wrote: > Hi, > The first row in my excel file is the header. W...

Chart Trend Line Display Error
Excel 2007 (running in Vista) is not always displaying the correct equation for trend lines added to Scatter Charts under certain circumstances. If you add a trend line to a set of data in a Scatter Chart, select a polynomial trend line, and then set (force) the intercept to a specified value, then the equation displayed in the chart for the polynomial trend line is sometimes incorrect. The coefficient on the highest-order term is not always displayed properly. The coefficient that is displayed is the coefficient that corresponds to the polynomial trend line when no intercept is spec...

Deleting specific cells in a selected row
I want to write a subroutine which will delete specific cells in a row. For example, if the active cell is A13, I want the macro to delete cells B13 through E13, and also cells H13 through M13. Your help is appreciated. Jeff Do you want to delete the cells, or just clear them? Public Sub DeleteCells() With ActiveCell Union(.Offset(0, 1).Resize(1, 4), _ .Offset(0, 7).Resize(1, 6)).Delete Shift:=xlToLeft End With End Sub Public Sub ClearCells() With ActiveCell Union(.Offset(0, 1).Resize(1, 4), _ ...