Forms.dic #2

Hi,
I might have missed out something.

After installing MGP v8.0 SP5 on the workstation, I then I clicked on
Modifier, the system created a file called forms.dic.

After this, I can't open certain forms like Sales Transaction Windows, Sales
Order Fulfillment, Inventory Transaction, etc.

Other forms like Item Class ID, Journal Entry are fine.

Anything I miss out here?

TIA,
Sugih
0
Sugih (78)

Were these forms modified?  Is security pointing to the modified forms?  The
new forms.dic will be empty and not contain these forms.  Most firms either
copy a complete forms.dic from a working workstation to the new one or adjust
the Dynamics.set file to point to a shared forms.dic file on the server.

Check your other workstations to see where the dynamics.set is looking and
make the appropriate adjustments to the new install.

Check out our line of books on Dynamics GP at our website below.

--
Richard L. Whaley
Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008

http://www.AccoladePublications.com

"Sugih" wrote:

> Hi,
> I might have missed out something.
>
> After installing MGP v8.0 SP5 on the workstation, I then I clicked on
> Modifier, the system created a file called forms.dic.
>
> After this, I can't open certain forms like Sales Transaction Windows, Sales
> Order Fulfillment, Inventory Transaction, etc.
>
> Other forms like Item Class ID, Journal Entry are fine.
>
> Anything I miss out here?
>
> TIA,
> Sugih
0
info4071 (3004)
1/14/2009 11:32:03 AM
Thanks Richard.
It's empty forms. I was just starting to customize Sales Transaction window
when I realize that I couldn't open those that I did not customize.

So I had to put all of those that I couldn't open and customize it, even
though I didn't change anything.

I can't just copy from the current one since I need new install with minimum
customization so I decided to start from scratch.

"Richard Whaley -- MVP 2006-2008" wrote:

> Were these forms modified?  Is security pointing to the modified forms?  The
> new forms.dic will be empty and not contain these forms.  Most firms either
> copy a complete forms.dic from a working workstation to the new one or adjust
> the Dynamics.set file to point to a shared forms.dic file on the server.
>
> Check your other workstations to see where the dynamics.set is looking and
> make the appropriate adjustments to the new install.
>

> Check out our line of books on Dynamics GP at our website below.
>
> --
> Richard L. Whaley
> Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008
> Documentation for Software Users

> http://www.AccoladePublications.com
>

> "Sugih" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > I might have missed out something.
> >
> > After installing MGP v8.0 SP5 on the workstation, I then I clicked on
> > Modifier, the system created a file called forms.dic.
> >
> > After this, I can't open certain forms like Sales Transaction Windows, Sales
> > Order Fulfillment, Inventory Transaction, etc.
> >
> > Other forms like Item Class ID, Journal Entry are fine.
> >
> > Anything I miss out here?
> >
> > TIA,
> > Sugih
0
Sugih (78)
1/15/2009 1:34:00 AM
Richard,

I think I know what's the problem - I was using the same database which has
all the security previously setup to use customize forms.

So what I did, I put those affected forms to customize, goto security and
remove the assignment and delete the forms back from modifier. That solves
the problem.

Thanks,
Sugih

"Richard Whaley -- MVP 2006-2008" wrote:

> Were these forms modified?  Is security pointing to the modified forms?  The
> new forms.dic will be empty and not contain these forms.  Most firms either
> copy a complete forms.dic from a working workstation to the new one or adjust
> the Dynamics.set file to point to a shared forms.dic file on the server.
>
> Check your other workstations to see where the dynamics.set is looking and
> make the appropriate adjustments to the new install.
>

> Check out our line of books on Dynamics GP at our website below.
>
> --
> Richard L. Whaley
> Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008
> Documentation for Software Users

> http://www.AccoladePublications.com
>

> "Sugih" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > I might have missed out something.
> >
> > After installing MGP v8.0 SP5 on the workstation, I then I clicked on
> > Modifier, the system created a file called forms.dic.
> >
> > After this, I can't open certain forms like Sales Transaction Windows, Sales
> > Order Fulfillment, Inventory Transaction, etc.
> >
> > Other forms like Item Class ID, Journal Entry are fine.
> >
> > Anything I miss out here?
> >
> > TIA,
> > Sugih
0
Sugih (78)
1/15/2009 1:53:02 AM
Now you've got it.  Security is EXACTLY what I was talking about.

--

"Sugih" wrote:

> Richard,
>
> I think I know what's the problem - I was using the same database which has
> all the security previously setup to use customize forms.
>
> So what I did, I put those affected forms to customize, goto security and
> remove the assignment and delete the forms back from modifier. That solves
> the problem.
>
> Thanks,
> Sugih
>
> "Richard Whaley -- MVP 2006-2008" wrote:
>
> > Were these forms modified?  Is security pointing to the modified forms?  The
> > new forms.dic will be empty and not contain these forms.  Most firms either
> > copy a complete forms.dic from a working workstation to the new one or adjust
> > the Dynamics.set file to point to a shared forms.dic file on the server.
> >
> > Check your other workstations to see where the dynamics.set is looking and
> > make the appropriate adjustments to the new install.
> >

> > Check out our line of books on Dynamics GP at our website below.
> >
> > --
> > Richard L. Whaley
> > Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008
> > Documentation for Software Users
> >
> > Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books at
> > http://www.AccoladePublications.com
> >

> > "Sugih" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > > I might have missed out something.
> > >
> > > After installing MGP v8.0 SP5 on the workstation, I then I clicked on
> > > Modifier, the system created a file called forms.dic.
> > >
> > > After this, I can't open certain forms like Sales Transaction Windows, Sales
> > > Order Fulfillment, Inventory Transaction, etc.
> > >
> > > Other forms like Item Class ID, Journal Entry are fine.
> > >
> > > Anything I miss out here?
> > >
> > > TIA,
> > > Sugih
0
info4071 (3004)

Reservation Form
I have an active website for my business. I built it in Frontpage 2002. It no longer will send email through the settings I used ( Reservation form) and I cannot get it to take any of the settings I give it. I do not think that my knowledge is sufisticated enough. And, I don't think that I am entering the information completely enough. I am using a simple form with a single enter button. Can you help? May be possible. -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP Expression Web "FrontPage 2002 on windows XP" <FrontPage200...

Convert old publisher 2.0 file for Publisher 2000 and beyond
I created a text/graphic book in old publisher 2.0. Never progressed through later versions and Publisher 2000 won't open. Any ideas? The good news is I found 2.0 in the attic and installed her and she runs fine under XP. Everything I put in my attic melts... I did find an old AppleII+ banking program that booted right up. It has been the attic for years, it isn't 2000 compliant however. Can you open the file in 2.0? Do you have Norton? Disable script blocking and Office Plug in, then try again. If you still can't open the file send the file to me and I will convert it fo...

Formula? #2
Here is what I want to do: If a cell (formatted as number) is between 0 and 10 multiply it by this. If it's between 10 and 20 multiply it by that. How do you write that? thx Try this: A B 1 this that 2 3 15 =IF(A3<10,A3*A1,IF(A3<20,A3*B1,"Huh?")) Or you can just put the multipliers into the formula itself, replacing A1 & B1. The last "Huh?" just lets you know that the input variable was over 20. HTH "newby1273" wrote: > Here is what I want to do: > If a cell (formatted as number) is ...

Auto populate a form form an open form
Hi I have a main form with customer names and addresses and would like to add a control button on this form which opens up another form which is used for recording telephone calls on. What I have been trying to do is auto populate this call log form with information from the main form ie name and address? Any thoughts Thanks Chris Chris, Please don't re-post the same question twice. You have to be patient and wait for a reply. Responders are volunteers, and you may not get an answer right away. Posting twice causes some people to respond to the first post, while others are ...

Out of Office Replies #2
We currently do not allow "Out of Office" replies anywhere other than our exchange org. I recently saw an Out of Office reply which was sent by the postmaster@domain.com on behalf of Jane Doe. I think this is a great idea so I went searching for a "how to" and found nothing. Anyone have any ideas? Exchange 2003 doesn't do this out of the box does it? Nope - nothing right now. Once Exchange 2007 is out, you'll be able to have all sorts of custom rules, and you'll be able to define different Out of Office replies for internal and external recipients...

form pozition on screen
I would like to find form position on screen. It's similar to DoCmd.movesize, but I want discover "parameters' for form position (left corner, top corner, etc) Are you saying that you want to find out what the current position IS? If so, you can use something like this: MyFormLeftVariable = Me.Left MyFormTopVariable = Me.Top MsgBox "My Form is at " & MyFormLeftVariable & VbCrLf & MyFormTopVariable Or however you want to use it. -- Bob Larson Access World Forums Super Moderator Utter Access VIP Tutorials at http://www.btabdevelopment.com ___________...

copy properties Under forms
Hi, I'm wondering if someone can help me with something on copying properties. I've checked the access help but can't find anything there. This is what i want to do. I'm copying text boxes, labels that has caption, name and other information in the properties that i want to keep when i copy the information to another tab on a form. Is there a way i can copy the property information without doing alot of manual work by going into each text or label box. I hope this makes sense. thanks for you help in advance. Keith When you copy a control, everything about the cop...

What is the purpose of 'Dummy' window in the Command forms
I am wondering why GP has Dummy window with title "~internal~" for the Command forms. For example Command_Financial form has Dummy window Do I need to create Dummy window for my Command forms. If so why I need it. Any comments appreciated!!! Hi Mandeep, The Dummy window is there as a placeholder. It really doesn't do anything, but should be there in order for the form to work properly since your form needs to be open for the commands to be available. The title ~internal~ just prevents this window from showing up in the Security assignment windows. Make sure that...

Unique Records #2
Hi Hoping someone might be able to help. I currently use the formula =IF(SUMPRODUCT(($A$2:$A2=A2)*($C$2:$C2=C2))>1,0,1) from the Contextures website to count unique records in data sets, where a record is repeated in two or more rows. I create an additional column as required, and use this field as my count data. Works a treat. However I now have a large dataset (400000 records) for which this is incredibly slow and painful. Is it possible to create a macro to do the same thing, and if so how do I do this and will this speed things up? Thanks in advance. Cheers, Anthony =SUMPRODUCT(-...

comparing data
I have a list of item codes in column A and a list of item codes i column F and I need to know which item codes appear in both columns Can someone please tell me the best way to get a list of the item code that appear in BOTH of the columns. Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi see http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm#ExtractingCommon -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > I have a list of item codes in column A and a list of item codes in > column F and I need to know which item codes appear in both columns. > Can someone please tell me the be...

Cannot open the Insert object (Pdf file) form Excel 2000(9.0.8968 SP-3)
Dear All, I am no idea why I cannot open the embedded object (Pdf file) inside Excel file which using Windows ME. Once clicked the object icons, then it shows the error message likes " the embedded object cannot be opened by the source application" I used the Adobe reader 6.01 as the source application. Actually, I searched the related forum from the Internet. However, I cannot solve the problem. Anyone helps? Thanks tlee Hi, I can't test 2000 in ME, but it works fine in 2003 under XP. -- If this helps, please click the Yes button. Cheers, Shane Devenshire &q...

Clip Art Gallery #2
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel I recently Office 2008 for Mac. It has been a little buggy, but overall, it has worked great. I noticed one day when I went to open the Clip Art Gallery in Word, Excel and PowerPoint that there was a problem. I get the following error message from the Office program: ---------------------------------------------------------- Word/Excel/PowerPoint cannot launch Microsoft Clip Gallery. Microsoft Clip Gallery may not have been installed properly on your computer, or may not have enough memory available to launch Microsoft C...

Form class module for non-existent form
Hi, After copying a form with a class module, something went wrong. I now have a class module for the new form, but the form no longer exists. I am unable to remove the in-limbo class module. I want to use that name for my form, which is not possible as long as that class module is in the way. How do I get rid of the in-limbo class module? I've tried repairing tha DB as well as "msaccess /decompile" but it hasn't helped. Anything else? Thanks, Kjell Kjell, A class module is not part of a form, but a separate module. It sounds like your 'in-limbo' module is...

Setting the Windows Cursor during Form Processing
hiya gurus I would like to force the mouse cursor to immediately become an hourglass when some long processing/quering commences on a form. it appears that it takes some time for Access to show the hourglass and usually only after the user clicks the form a couple of times because there appears to be nothing happening... Is there an easy way to do this from within Access.. I have done it in VB6 using Me.MousePointer = vbHourglass but this does nto work in Access.. any suggestions? cheers Jeff mmmmm Screen.MousePointer = 11 guess this does it? "jeff" <jeff@work...

Position 2nd Form according to 1st Form
I have 2 Forms. When the 1st Form is openned and want I open the 2nd Form, I want it to position itself about 15cm form the Left and 20cm from the top of the 1st Form. I am using Access 2003, Thanks. "AY" <AY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CFA3A4B5-36D9-4A20-AB57-601290155335@microsoft.com... >I have 2 Forms. When the 1st Form is openned and want I open the 2nd Form, >I > want it to position itself about 15cm form the Left and 20cm from the top > of > the 1st Form. I am using Access 2003, Thanks. You should be able to use Nicole Calinoiu...

Link to last entry #2
Well thanks for this, it has opened up the whole new concept of array formulas for me. As a novice, however, I seem to be doing something wrong. I have carried out the follwing steps; Entered a number of values in column A Entered the formula in Cell B1 and pressed CTRL-SHIFT-ENTER I then get message saying that the formula contains an error The part of the formula A65535"" is highlighted (I found it would accept the formula without these two quotation marks - but of course it does not return the right value) Is it possible to tell from this what I am doing wrong? Thanks in adva...

TOURNAMENT FORMS
Need tournament draw sheet single elimination template. You may find some old NCAA basketball tournament forms out on the web. Try http://google.com HHSTENNIS wrote: > > Need tournament draw sheet single elimination template. -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com ...

CRM Licences #2
Hi, It has become apparent since installing CRM 4 that we also need CRM 3 due to some of the systems that we have integrating with it and the need for mobile users to be able to access the system from a PDA. I have used a seperate server and installed CRM 3 and used a 10 user licence. I need to add more licences to the server so my question is how do I do that, where do I get licences from and what type of licences do they need to be? Sorry that was 3 questions. Thanks in advance Contact Microsoft Volume Licensing. You can probably purchase a ver 4 CAL and recieve a Ver 3 along w...

Run Macro only if certain form is open
I have programed a maco to open one of various forms depending on criteria on an open form. Is there a way to run a "follow up Macro" based on which form opens? In other words can I run a macro based on wheather a certain form is active? -- Thanks, Chuck Take a look at the RunMacro Method of the DoCmd object. You can have it as part of the OnLoad of the form in question. Chuck wrote: >I have programed a maco to open one of various forms depending on criteria on >an open form. Is there a way to run a "follow up Macro" based on which form >opens? In other w...

Modal form opens on startup
Evenin' - I hope this doesn't come across as stupid, but I'm almost completely unfamiliar with Access. A client of mine has an Access 2000 database containing some business information, and he'd like to have me import it into Quickbooks. The problem I have is that I cannot get to the information to export it from Access. When the file is opened, I get a (I presume) modal form, configured as a 'splash screen' type of thing. Has my client's logo, and the name of the fellow who wrote the Access app. Click that, and it closes, then opens another form for...

Forms and Input Data
I created a report form on Sheet 1 and a set of input data on subsequen Sheets 2, 3, ... link to the report. The report is to show informatio on either of the data I select. Are there simple steps for me to pick either set of data I want t display on the report? I've thought of a pull-down menu so that if select "1", the report will show data set "1", and so on. Yet I don' know how to do it. I tried the "replace" command by highlighting al the cell in the Report sheet then type "2" in place of "1" to replac the data set then hitting...

Trying to delete form border, and it deletes all borders
I made a form with several individual areas that have borders. At the end I decided to try a border around the whole form. Now that I don't like it, I was trying to delete the form border, but it deletes all the borders in the form as well. How can I just delete the border around the form and not the rest of the individual borders? I'm actually on a different computer, because of the printing, will I be able to undo my way out of it maybe, or do I have to be on the computer where I made the form. One more question, will the form retain the undo feature for ever, or will it stop ...

2 questions about CreateProcess(...)
Hi, How would I start an application hidden or minimized? PROCESS_INFORMATION pi; STARTUPINFO si; memset( &pi, 0, sizeof(PROCESS_INFORMATION) ); memset(&si, 0, sizeof(STARTUPINFO)); si.cb= sizeof(STARTUPINFO); si.dwFlags = STARTF_USESHOWWINDOW; si.wShowWindow = SW_SHOW; si.lpDesktop = ""; CreateProcess( NULL, (char*)"C:\\WinNT\\System32\\Calc.exe", NULL, NULL, FALSE, NORMAL_PRIORITY_CLASS, NULL, NULL, &si, &pi ); If I add "si.wShowWindow = SW_SHOW;", the application doe...

Temporary Form with 2 Sub form Update Main Form And its Sub form ?
I have 2 table both are exactly same PatientRecordTransTb And PatientRecordTb I know many programmer don’t like TempTb, but in my case I don’t trust some one to mess with my Main record table. So simple solution is make tamp table and after review I click to transfer all records from temp Table to main Table So I have two forms . PatientRecTransFm record sources = PatientRecordTransTb PatientRecordMainFm record source = PatientRecordTb PatientRecTransFm has 2 button AddRecord And Delete Record Here is a short story of my code (NOT A Actual Code) mySQLString = &quo...

how to solve "Non-modal forms cannot be displayed in this host application"
Hi, I am trying to make a modalless form in VB6 that is compiled as an ActiveX DLL. When i use VC6 to instance the activex DLL, my problem appears that "406 Non-modal forms cannot be displayed in this host application from an ActiveX DLL, ActiveX control or Property Page." I have my form in modalless style in VB6 and they should be instanced in VC. Does anyone know how to get this to work ? Many Thanks, Xiao http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=176468 -- Regards, Nish [VC++ MVP] http://www.voidnish.com http://blog.voidnish.com "arbidol" <arbidol@tom...