Fonts in Dynamics GP using Vista are too big

Hi Folks
My laptop has been changed from running on XP to now using Vista and I have
found that the font inside Dynamics GP ver 10 sp 3 is now too large to
display the full content of the field.   I have used the smallest screen
resolution and it has made no difference.   Are you able to separately define
the font that Dynamics GP should use for the data fields in a screen without
having to use modifier all over the place.
Many thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Sheila

0
Sheila3743 (257)

Hi Sheila,

I have been using GP 10.0 with Vista for long time now (probably an year and
3 months). I have not noticed this issue in my environment. I can assure
this, as both my professional and personal laptops contain the same GP
environment on Windows Vista Business (SP applied for both OS & GP).

We may have to wait for others to comment on this.

--
Thanks
Vaidy Mohan

"Sheila" wrote:

> Hi Folks
> My laptop has been changed from running on XP to now using Vista and I have
> found that the font inside Dynamics GP ver 10 sp 3 is now too large to
> display the full content of the field.   I have used the smallest screen
> resolution and it has made no difference.   Are you able to separately define
> the font that Dynamics GP should use for the data fields in a screen without
> having to use modifier all over the place.
> Many thanks in advance for any suggestions.
> Sheila

0
VaidyMohan (20)
7/21/2009 2:10:01 PM
Hi Vaidy
Thank you for replying.   I have been playing around in the meantime (after
I checked that it was also happening to a colleague of mine) and I've found a
solution that works for me.
I edited the DPI setting under 'Personalize' / Adjust font size (DPI) and
when I had that as 96 I was then able to see all the data content in my GP
fields.   I then edited the font size of certain items under the normal
Display screen to enlarge the Icons and Selected Items, etc.
Maybe that can help someone else.
Regards
Sheila

"Vaidy Mohan" wrote:

> Hi Sheila,
>
> I have been using GP 10.0 with Vista for long time now (probably an year and
> 3 months). I have not noticed this issue in my environment. I can assure
> this, as both my professional and personal laptops contain the same GP
> environment on Windows Vista Business (SP applied for both OS & GP).
>
> We may have to wait for others to comment on this.
>
> --
> Thanks
> Vaidy Mohan
> www.vaidy-dyngp.com
>

> "Sheila" wrote:
>
> > Hi Folks
> > My laptop has been changed from running on XP to now using Vista and I have
> > found that the font inside Dynamics GP ver 10 sp 3 is now too large to
> > display the full content of the field.   I have used the smallest screen
> > resolution and it has made no difference.   Are you able to separately define
> > the font that Dynamics GP should use for the data fields in a screen without
> > having to use modifier all over the place.
> > Many thanks in advance for any suggestions.
> > Sheila

0
Sheila3743 (257)
7/21/2009 3:11:02 PM
In XP, there is a display setting called DPI. It is found by right
clicking the desktop, selecting properties and then the settings tab
and then the advanced button. Usually, setting this to anything larger
than Normal 96 DPI will cause the text on buttons, labels, and field
contents to "overflow".

I am not sure where the corresponding setting in Vista is located, but
find and check for anything larger than 96 DPI. This is one of those
evil settings that will drive people mad trying to troubleshoot
specific software, not realizing that it is a Windows setting.

--
Lyle U

Sheila wrote:

> Hi Folks
> My laptop has been changed from running on XP to now using Vista and
> I have found that the font inside Dynamics GP ver 10 sp 3 is now too
> large to display the full content of the field.   I have used the
> smallest screen resolution and it has made no difference.   Are you
> able to separately define the font that Dynamics GP should use for
> the data fields in a screen without having to use modifier all over
> the place.  Many thanks in advance for any suggestions.
> Sheila
0
lyleu (305)
7/21/2009 3:19:39 PM
Yes of course, this is a valid point to share with us.

I may probably have got this setting to the tolerable level when I got my
machines installed with Vista. Not the case with some others.

Thanks so much.

--
Thanks
Vaidy Mohan

"Sheila" wrote:

> Hi Vaidy
> Thank you for replying.   I have been playing around in the meantime (after
> I checked that it was also happening to a colleague of mine) and I've found a
> solution that works for me.
> I edited the DPI setting under 'Personalize' / Adjust font size (DPI) and
> when I had that as 96 I was then able to see all the data content in my GP
> fields.   I then edited the font size of certain items under the normal
> Display screen to enlarge the Icons and Selected Items, etc.
> Maybe that can help someone else.
> Regards
> Sheila
>
> "Vaidy Mohan" wrote:
>
> > Hi Sheila,
> >
> > I have been using GP 10.0 with Vista for long time now (probably an year and
> > 3 months). I have not noticed this issue in my environment. I can assure
> > this, as both my professional and personal laptops contain the same GP
> > environment on Windows Vista Business (SP applied for both OS & GP).
> >
> > We may have to wait for others to comment on this.
> >
> > --
> > Thanks
> > Vaidy Mohan
> > www.vaidy-dyngp.com
> >

> > "Sheila" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Folks
> > > My laptop has been changed from running on XP to now using Vista and I have
> > > found that the font inside Dynamics GP ver 10 sp 3 is now too large to
> > > display the full content of the field.   I have used the smallest screen
> > > resolution and it has made no difference.   Are you able to separately define
> > > the font that Dynamics GP should use for the data fields in a screen without
> > > having to use modifier all over the place.
> > > Many thanks in advance for any suggestions.
> > > Sheila

0
VaidyMohan (20)
7/22/2009 4:53:01 AM
On Jul 21, 4:52=A0am, Sheila <She...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Hi Folks
> My laptop has been changed from running on XP to now using Vista and I ha=
ve
> found that the font inside Dynamics GP ver 10 sp 3 is now too large to
> display the full content of the field. =A0 I have used the smallest scree=
> resolution and it has made no difference. =A0 Are you able to separately =
define
> the font that Dynamics GP should use for the data fields in a screen with=
out
> having to use modifier all over the place.
> Many thanks in advance for any suggestions.
> Sheila

Hey Sheila

You have a XP font that is not working in Vista.      You have to find
out which one and update it.   You can find out usually in Word by
typing and see if the font comes out right.     It is a hunt and peck
exercise.

Jim

0
jhummer26 (50)

Using Money 98 in a virtual PC
I have used Money 98 for a good many years and am attached to it. It has run in 98, 2000, and XP without a hitch. I now have a 64 bit Windows 7 machine with a virtual PC installed which operates on XP as its operating system. I have my Money 98 installed there, but in that environment it runs with glacial slowness and I don't know why. All of the other apps I have in that VPC run just fine. I did notice that instead of using My Money.mny it uses My Money XP.mny. I can't imagine why that would cause slowing. Can anyone tell me where to look for answers? Thanks In microsoft....

Printing Barcode Font in RS2008
We have several reports that use custom barcode fonts, and these have been working happily for ages. We have recently deployed our reports to a sql2008 instance and have hit a big problem. The Report Previews correctly in Reporting services (i.e. the user sees the barcode) The report previews AND prints correctly in VS2008. but... When we print from Reporting services the barcodes font is not displayed (gibbersish characters are displayed instead). We have checked that the users all have the barcode fonts installed locally. We have also installed the barcode fonts on t...

caption font
Hi, I would like to know if it is possible to change by program the font used in caption bar, menu, status bar, ... Thank you Raymond Mercier Raymond Mercier wrote: > Hi, > > I would like to know if it is possible to change by program the font > used in caption bar, menu, status bar, ... > > Thank you > > Raymond Mercier The status bar is a control, and like other controls its font can be changed by calling its SetFont function with a CFont that you initialize. But the caption bar and menus are drawn by Windows using the system preferences. You cannot direct...

GP 7.5 Service Pack 6
Has anyone installed Service Pack 6 for GP 7.5? If you have, what was your experience? It appears that this should be installed before the Year- End Tax updates. Also, it appears that it might do an update to the 1099 forms in Payables. I installed last weekend and everything appears to be okay. I too read that it had updates for 1099 reporting which is why I installed it. I was not having issues with the other fixes listed on the SP6 read me file. >-----Original Message----- >Has anyone installed Service Pack 6 for GP 7.5? If you >have, what was your experience? > ...

Dynamically docking toolbars
Hi, I'd like to be able to dynamically arrange the toolbars for my application. Basically, I have two toolbars which should be on the same row if the window is maximized since there's enough room for both, and on two separate rows when the window is resized to the point there isn't enough space for both of them. I have no problem with placing one next to another, but one on top of the other. Below is the code snippet that I have tried without much success. Thanks much. void CMainFrame::OnSize(UINT nType, int cx, int cy) { CRect mainBarRect, editBarRect; m_wndMainToolBa...

How to write in Japenese font?
I want to write in Japenese font in Word. Is there any possibility to write in MS Office 2003 with On-screen keyboard? Yes. It's not a Word thing, it's a Windows thing. Go to Start > Control Panel > Regional and Language Options, and try to follow the tabs and buttons for "installing a new keyboard" (not "installing a new language") They are rather different in XP, Vista, and 7. In XP you need to check the box for "Asian scripts" (not "complex scripts"). There are many different input methods for Japanese; you can read ...

Is anybody using DFM from Atandra to extract detail POS data
I just was wondering if anybody is using DMF (Data Flow Manager) from Atandra to extract POS data from RMS and could provide me some help setting this up. I am looking for creating a permanent view in MSDE that allows me to use ODBC to extract my daily sales details by batch number. I currently use a customized sales report to extract the data I need into Excel, then "massage" the data there to create an iif file for QB import. I want to streamline this process by accessing the SQL view by batch number, get the same fields from the report via ODBC and then directly import it ...

How do I get a histogram using EXCEL
Using Office 2007 how to you draw a histogram, given grouped data and frequency? I know you could do this with 2003 using the tools option. Thanks ngwenya - If the data are already grouped, create a Column chart type. The Histogram tool is used when you have ungrouped, raw data. It prepares a frequency distribution, i.e., it groups the data, and then it creates a Column chart. If you have the original, ungrouped, raw data, you can use the Histogram tool, or you could use my free Better Histogram add-in, available at www.treeplan.com. - Mike Middleton http://www.DecisionToolworks.c...

Signature Fonts
We are using Outlook 2000 and need to disable the font selection for signature blocks (we want to keep it at Times New Roman 10). Is this possible? Again thank you in advance for your help. ...

Is there font size limitation on antialiasing?
Hi, I made a program to display a character on LCD. To apply anti-aliasing, I created font with ANTIALIASED_QUALITY flag. [ CFont.CreateFont(... , lfQuality, ...) ] The problem is like this: When I displayed characters that the font size is larger than about 680-pixel, the anti-alising is not applied on displayed character. So I tested my program on the other computer. (My computer is Win2k, the other is WinXP.) At this time, characters that the font size is larger than 330-pixel is displayed with no anti-aliasing. On MSDN, [ ANTIALIASED_QUALITY ] Windows NT 4.0 and later: Font is ant...

font size in comments
Excel 2003 all sp and patches loaded OS: Windows XP Can you change the default font size in comments? Thanks, Will Will From Debra Dalgleish.............. You can change the font size of new comments by changing the settings in your Control Panel. (Instructions for Windows XP) Right-click on the desktop, and choose Properties On the Appearance tab, click Advanced. From the Item dropdown, choose Tooltip Choose a font Size, click OK, click OK (Note: selecting a font type here will not affect the default font used in Excel's comments) Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 9 Jan...

Dynamics Security Console and Dynamics Web Services
Hi All I need help I have created a server with windows server 2008 32 bit and installed MOSS I have done all the standard setups and created all the websites ect I have installed Dynamics Webservice witth SP3 When I run Dynamics Security Console and select applications and then SecuritySerivices. I get the following error "Could not access the SecurityService service. Unable to connect to the remote server" Please help Regards Laurie ...

Office is in use by other person?
Version: 2008 I have the student version of Office for Mac. No problems until today when it says it is in use by another person. It says my installations exceeds the number of installations allowed by my license agreement. I don't understand what is going on. I received my own product key and everything. Is there any way to fix this? On 10/6/09 6:23 PM, in article 59b7e093.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "digginforpixies@officeformac.com" <digginforpixies@officeformac.com> wrote: > I have the student version of Office for Mac. No problems until today when it > says it...

PivotChart: how to make it dynamic?
Dear experts, I have a PivotChart with different entries, I have Gender on the x axis , sum of revenue on the y axis. In my original data I have the ages of these people, and I would like to make it possible for the users of the chart to input in an inputbox, or choose from a dropdownlist, or .... to select to see the data only from a certain age on and/or for a specific age, for ex. 30 years old, or above 30 years old. What I am doing today is that I am assigning age ranges (0-20,20-40,40-60, etc), displayed as a field of the chart, but I thought that maybe there is a more dynamic way...

Default Fonts and Font Colors
Can anyone tell me how to reset the default font type and color? After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from glomax <glomax56@hotmail.com>... > Can anyone tell me how to reset the default font type and color? Can anyone tell me what version of Publisher you are running? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/ Before reading this message, view the disclaimer: http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm You cannot, you need to upgrade to Publisher 97 for all those excellent features. Publisher 2003 has re-introduced some of...

setting a range dynamically
Hi there, Is it possible to dynamically set a range of cells in code. eg instead of Range("A2:E11").Select Selection.Copy Can I set the 2 and the 11 dynamically, something like dim i, j i = 2 j = 11 Range("Ai:Ej").Select Selection.Copy which obviously doesnt work Thanks Stevi -- Stevie ----------------------------------------------------------------------- StevieH's Profile: http://www.highdots.com/forums/m96 View this thread: http://www.highdots.com/forums/t301312 range("a" & i & ":E" & j).copy or range(cells(i,"A"...

Using For
Excel 2000 SR-1 I am trying to write a VB code using a For - Next statement to calcualate cells. The basic satement is: For X = 1 to 7 [A(x)] = {Calcualtion} ' Where A=Column and X = Row Next X Is there a correct way in VB code? This would greatly reduce the code I would have to write otherwise. if you want to put a VALUE in the cell, use something like this ============================== Sub PutValues() Dim ws As Worksheet Dim x As Integer Set ws = ActiveSheet With ws For x = 1 To 7 .Cells(x, 1) = x Next x End With End Sub ===...

Unstable fonts
My fonts are become unstable in Publisher. I believe manly those that I downloaded from the internet. Sometimes I’m not able to use them at all even though, they are still appearing installed. Or I just able to change part of the text and if I add more to it the whole text changes back to the previous font. In Word I do not have any problems with my downloaded fonts. Any idea what’s happening and what could be the solution? I appreciate your help. -- Vanillla Using: MW 2003, Excell 2003, PowerPoint, Publisher 2003, FP 2003, There are some fonts that you can download that do not in...

Using different drivers by USB REV
We have an existing product that has our standard USB VID/PID. We haven't set the USB REV to anything so it defaults to FFFF, but the .INF file for our driver doesn't specify the REV so it works fine: USB\VID_1234&PID_1234&MI_00 We now have to introduce a new version of the product that uses the same VID/PID, so we thought we could use the REV to make sure it uses the new driver. The new product sets its REV to 0008 (no particular reason it has to be this) so the .INF file looks like: USB\VID_1234&PID_1234&REV_0008&MI_00 This seems to work fine - the...

GP as a POS
We are amost ready to begin an GP implementaion of Great Plans for a " car sparepart" company. They have 12 sroes around the city. At the begining we tought of RMS for the POS at the stores, and GP for the back office. BUt the integration we can offer in not enough for the customer (I am agree with them). So we are thinking on usign Terminal services and GP in th store. What dou you think. The biggest concern is , "�what happen if thely lost communication to the central office? Any ideas. We were thinking abount developing some kind of offline client for GP I would ...

Fonts in Contacts
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0019_01C65737.BA0C64B0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable How do you change the DEFAULT font in Contacts? T ------=_NextPart_000_0019_01C65737.BA0C64B0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; = charset=3Diso-8859-1"> <META con...

Possible Bug: ArgumentOutOfRangeException when using xsl:sort and xsl:strip-space has been declared
I have a scheduled job that uses different XSL templates to transform XML and save it to disk. I am having problems with the code below. The problem shows up on both my development machine (Windows XP Pro SP 1, .Net Framework 1.1) and on our production server (Windows 2K SP 4, .Net Framework 1.1). I have simplified the code and data to isolate the problem. When I use the xsl:strip-space (Line 12) declaration in conjunction with the xsl:sort element located on Line 80 I get an ArgumentOutOfRangeException thrown. If I comment out either line everything works fine. The extra twist is that there a...

How do I change the color of the font shadow in Publisher2003
I want to put a mail merge field in a publisher document and highlight it with a shadow colour other than grey. Chris <Chris@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I want to put a mail merge field in a publisher document and > highlight it with a shadow colour other than grey. Create a second text box with the merge field in, displace it slightly, send it behind the first text box and change the font colour. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher ...

Font problem with metafile
I have the following code to draw vertical text to a DC. LOGFONT lf; lf.lfEscapement = 900; lf.lfOrientation = 900; CFont font; font.CreateFontIndirect(&lf); CFont* pOldFont = pDC->SelectObject(&font); pDC->TextOut(...); .... it draws correctly on the screen but not to a metafile. When I insert the metafile to Word the text is not vertical. But on the save machine when I insert it to Excel the text is vertical. What could be the problem. Can anybody help me. xiaoguo ge, If the metafile looks like expected in Excel, but not in Word, I would normally say that this seems to...