Followup - Manual Payments - Dynamics vs Realworld

Thanks for the answers to the previous post.  We are now approx. 2 weeks
behind in entries for Dynamics.  I was hoping to delegate the transaction
entry among 2 clerks.  I was going to have #1 enter transactions from
Realworld for odd days and #2 enter transactions for even days.  However, the
check number does not allow for concurrent entry, i.e. we can't advance the
check number for #2 to enter checks prior to #1 entering the checks for the
prior day.

Is there a workaround?  I am thinking of running a bogus checkbook and close
out the account to the real checkbook's account once we are caught up.  The
check #s will match the actual check written and we will understand the the
bogus cash account/checkbook.

Any thoughts?

thanks,
--
Phil Gilbert
Free Radical, LTD.

Phil,

What exactly is the end result you want to accomplish?  Just getting
the check data into GP or do you also need the vendor invoice in GP
along with the account distribution?  If it's the former, you could
just import the check data into the checkbook register and be done
with it.

Frank Hamelly
MCP-GP, MCT, MVP
East Coast Dynamics
www.eastcoast-dynamics.com

0
fhamelly1 (1404)
10/22/2008 6:20:45 PM
Phil,

Why can't they just type in the actual check number?  Go to Cards >
Financial > Checkbook, find your checkbook and check the box on the bottom
right to allow Override Check Number.  I would recommend this over creating
a bogus checkbook as you'll not be able to reconcile the bogus checkbook and
the real checkbook together.

--
Victoria Yudin
Dynamics GP MVP

"frdbadf" <frdbadf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Thanks for the answers to the previous post.  We are now approx. 2 weeks
> behind in entries for Dynamics.  I was hoping to delegate the transaction
> entry among 2 clerks.  I was going to have #1 enter transactions from
> Realworld for odd days and #2 enter transactions for even days.  However,
> the
> check number does not allow for concurrent entry, i.e. we can't advance
> the
> check number for #2 to enter checks prior to #1 entering the checks for
> the
> prior day.
>
> Is there a workaround?  I am thinking of running a bogus checkbook and
> close
> out the account to the real checkbook's account once we are caught up.
> The
> check #s will match the actual check written and we will understand the
> the
> bogus cash account/checkbook.
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> thanks,
> --
> Phil Gilbert
> Free Radical, LTD.

0
victoria (3340)
10/22/2008 6:25:07 PM
Thanks for the replies.  We are just trying to get caught up this month.   We
want vendor balances for the 1099s....  I think Victoria has the solution
with the check number override, (Frank may have alluded to this in the

Thanks to both of you and Mariano's suggestion about the Miscellaneous Check.

Mariano, to track the Vendor Balances we would still need to post the
invoices in AP.  However we don't often pay alll payables by Due date...
Miscellenous check will be great for our Temp Vendors, but to provide vendor
history wouldn't the AP Transaction Entry be the easiest?

thanks again.
--
Phil Gilbert
Free Radical, LTD.

"Victoria [MVP]" wrote:

> Phil,
>
> Why can't they just type in the actual check number?  Go to Cards >
> Financial > Checkbook, find your checkbook and check the box on the bottom
> right to allow Override Check Number.  I would recommend this over creating
> a bogus checkbook as you'll not be able to reconcile the bogus checkbook and
> the real checkbook together.
>
> --
> Victoria Yudin
> Dynamics GP MVP
> Flexible Solutions - home of GP Reports
> http://www.flex-solutions.com/gpreports.html
> blog: www.victoriayudin.com
>

> "frdbadf" <frdbadf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks for the answers to the previous post.  We are now approx. 2 weeks
> > behind in entries for Dynamics.  I was hoping to delegate the transaction
> > entry among 2 clerks.  I was going to have #1 enter transactions from
> > Realworld for odd days and #2 enter transactions for even days.  However,
> > the
> > check number does not allow for concurrent entry, i.e. we can't advance
> > the
> > check number for #2 to enter checks prior to #1 entering the checks for
> > the
> > prior day.
> >
> > Is there a workaround?  I am thinking of running a bogus checkbook and
> > close
> > out the account to the real checkbook's account once we are caught up.
> > The
> > check #s will match the actual check written and we will understand the
> > the
> > bogus cash account/checkbook.
> >
> > Any thoughts?
> >
> > thanks,
> > --
> > Phil Gilbert
> > Free Radical, LTD.

0
frdbadf (46)
10/22/2008 6:48:02 PM
On Oct 22, 2:48=A0pm, frdbadf <frdb...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the replies. =A0We are just trying to get caught up this month=
.. =A0 We
> want vendor balances for the 1099s.... =A0I think Victoria has the soluti=
on
> with the check number override, (Frank may have alluded to this in the
>
> Thanks to both of you and Mariano's suggestion about the Miscellaneous Ch=
eck.

> Mariano, to track the Vendor Balances we would still need to post the
> invoices in AP. =A0However we don't often pay alll payables by Due date..=
..
> Miscellenous check will be great for our Temp Vendors, but to provide ven=
dor
> history wouldn't the AP Transaction Entry be the easiest?
>
> thanks again.
> --
> Phil Gilbert
> Free Radical, LTD.
>

> "Victoria [MVP]" wrote:
> > Phil,
>
> > Why can't they just type in the actual check number? =A0Go to Cards >
> > Financial > Checkbook, find your checkbook and check the box on the bot=
tom
> > right to allow Override Check Number. =A0I would recommend this over cr=
eating
> > a bogus checkbook as you'll not be able to reconcile the bogus checkboo=
k and
> > the real checkbook together.
>
> > --
> > Victoria Yudin
> > Dynamics GP MVP
> > Flexible Solutions - home of GP Reports
> >http://www.flex-solutions.com/gpreports.html
> > blog:www.victoriayudin.com
>
> > "frdbadf" <frdb...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Thanks for the answers to the previous post. =A0We are now approx. 2 =
weeks
> > > behind in entries for Dynamics. =A0I was hoping to delegate the trans=
action
> > > entry among 2 clerks. =A0I was going to have #1 enter transactions fr=
om
> > > Realworld for odd days and #2 enter transactions for even days. =A0Ho=
wever,
> > > the
> > > check number does not allow for concurrent entry, i.e. we can't advan=
ce
> > > the
> > > check number for #2 to enter checks prior to #1 entering the checks f=
or
> > > the
> > > prior day.
>
> > > Is there a workaround? =A0I am thinking of running a bogus checkbook =
and
> > > close
> > > out the account to the real checkbook's account once we are caught up=
..
> > > The
> > > check #s will match the actual check written and we will understand t=
> [...]

I'm going to approach the outside the box view.

Are you re-entering invoices in GP that exist in RW? Why not have
these invoices imported into GP?
You can upload detail invoices and then run Select Payables Checks for
those vendors.

Just pay multiple invoices with one check per vendor and be done.

Unless I'm missing something else here.

Elmer
Phill,

Agree (on post to AP)! However, it seems you are creating more work for
yourself with this approach. Normally, what you would do in these cases is
perform all transactions in Realworld until you are ready to cut over. At the
cutoff date, you would bring in all open vendor transactions into GP.

History would best be kept in Realworld and accessed when necessary. At
year-end, when you are ready to provide 1099s, you will need to follow the
payables closing procedures, then edit your 1099s to reflect the correct
number for each 1099 vendor. This is only required once (on the first
year-end closing in GP).

If you still decide that bringing the detail will serve you best, then I
would choose Integration Manager to import all vendor transaction records
into the system and create a mail merged macro that will apply all
transactions and amounts based on how they were applied in Realworld.

Best regards,
--
MG.-
Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP

"frdbadf" wrote:

> Thanks for the replies.  We are just trying to get caught up this month.   We
> want vendor balances for the 1099s....  I think Victoria has the solution
> with the check number override, (Frank may have alluded to this in the
>
> Thanks to both of you and Mariano's suggestion about the Miscellaneous Check.
>
> Mariano, to track the Vendor Balances we would still need to post the
> invoices in AP.  However we don't often pay alll payables by Due date...
> Miscellenous check will be great for our Temp Vendors, but to provide vendor
> history wouldn't the AP Transaction Entry be the easiest?
>
> thanks again.
> --
> Phil Gilbert
> Free Radical, LTD.
>

> "Victoria [MVP]" wrote:
>
> > Phil,
> >
> > Why can't they just type in the actual check number?  Go to Cards >
> > Financial > Checkbook, find your checkbook and check the box on the bottom
> > right to allow Override Check Number.  I would recommend this over creating
> > a bogus checkbook as you'll not be able to reconcile the bogus checkbook and
> > the real checkbook together.
> >
> > --
> > Victoria Yudin
> > Dynamics GP MVP
> > Flexible Solutions - home of GP Reports
> > http://www.flex-solutions.com/gpreports.html
> > blog: www.victoriayudin.com
> >

> > "frdbadf" <frdbadf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Thanks for the answers to the previous post.  We are now approx. 2 weeks
> > > behind in entries for Dynamics.  I was hoping to delegate the transaction
> > > entry among 2 clerks.  I was going to have #1 enter transactions from
> > > Realworld for odd days and #2 enter transactions for even days.  However,
> > > the
> > > check number does not allow for concurrent entry, i.e. we can't advance
> > > the
> > > check number for #2 to enter checks prior to #1 entering the checks for
> > > the
> > > prior day.
> > >
> > > Is there a workaround?  I am thinking of running a bogus checkbook and
> > > close
> > > out the account to the real checkbook's account once we are caught up.
> > > The
> > > check #s will match the actual check written and we will understand the
> > > the
> > > bogus cash account/checkbook.
> > >
> > > Any thoughts?
> > >
> > > thanks,
> > > --
> > > Phil Gilbert
> > > Free Radical, LTD.

0
MarianoGomez (3440)
10/22/2008 7:10:00 PM
Thanks Mariano, your help and posts have been very insightful.  We had all
our Realworld data converted thru our FY which ended Jun 30, and 1st Qtr of
the new FY which ended 09/30.

We have 60 branches and were overwhelmed with the 1st of the month and
cutting last month P&Ls for company wide and individual profit centers which
we completed yesterday.  I showed the 2 clerks this afternoon the transaction
entry and they were relieved by the ease of entry.  We have the time between
now and end of month and it is a good orientation drill for the AP clerks.

Your advice is greatly appreciated.

thanks,,
--
Phil Gilbert
Free Radical, LTD.

"Mariano Gomez" wrote:

> Phill,
>
> Agree (on post to AP)! However, it seems you are creating more work for
> yourself with this approach. Normally, what you would do in these cases is
> perform all transactions in Realworld until you are ready to cut over. At the
> cutoff date, you would bring in all open vendor transactions into GP.
>
> History would best be kept in Realworld and accessed when necessary. At
> year-end, when you are ready to provide 1099s, you will need to follow the
> payables closing procedures, then edit your 1099s to reflect the correct
> number for each 1099 vendor. This is only required once (on the first
> year-end closing in GP).
>
> If you still decide that bringing the detail will serve you best, then I
> would choose Integration Manager to import all vendor transaction records
> into the system and create a mail merged macro that will apply all
> transactions and amounts based on how they were applied in Realworld.
>
> Best regards,
> --
> MG.-
> Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> Maximum Global Business, LLC
> http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
>

> "frdbadf" wrote:
>
> > Thanks for the replies.  We are just trying to get caught up this month.   We
> > want vendor balances for the 1099s....  I think Victoria has the solution
> > with the check number override, (Frank may have alluded to this in the
> >
> > Thanks to both of you and Mariano's suggestion about the Miscellaneous Check.
> >
> > Mariano, to track the Vendor Balances we would still need to post the
> > invoices in AP.  However we don't often pay alll payables by Due date...
> > Miscellenous check will be great for our Temp Vendors, but to provide vendor
> > history wouldn't the AP Transaction Entry be the easiest?
> >
> > thanks again.
> > --
> > Phil Gilbert
> > Free Radical, LTD.
> >

> > "Victoria [MVP]" wrote:
> >
> > > Phil,
> > >
> > > Why can't they just type in the actual check number?  Go to Cards >
> > > Financial > Checkbook, find your checkbook and check the box on the bottom
> > > right to allow Override Check Number.  I would recommend this over creating
> > > a bogus checkbook as you'll not be able to reconcile the bogus checkbook and
> > > the real checkbook together.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Victoria Yudin
> > > Dynamics GP MVP
> > > Flexible Solutions - home of GP Reports
> > > http://www.flex-solutions.com/gpreports.html
> > > blog: www.victoriayudin.com
> > >

> > > "frdbadf" <frdbadf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
frdbadf (46)

Microsoft Dynamics RMS Live Chat on August 7th, 2008
------=_NextPart_0001_74E9EEE0 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Good morning, The Microsoft Dynamics RMS team will be hosting the next Live Chat on August 7th, 2008, at 10 a.m. Pacific Daylight Time. Is there a topic that you would like to discuss in depth? Do you want additional insight into a certain area of the software? Have you always wanted to know what to do when you encounter a particular scenario? If so, we'd like to hear from you! Please feel free to post any ideas on this thread, use the link in the Live Chats section of the RMS Using site (h...

Cost vs retail
I am creating a spread sheet to make marking up cost easier and standard. The only thing is that I want to always have a .99 cent ending ont he retail. So I want everthing to have a 50% mark up, but to always end the retail in a ..99 ending. How do I do that? Maybe... =ROUNDUP(A1*1.5,0)+0.99 cochum wrote: > > I am creating a spread sheet to make marking up cost easier and standard. > The only thing is that I want to always have a .99 cent ending ont he retail. > So I want everthing to have a 50% mark up, but to always end the retail in a > .99 ending. How do I do t...

Launch External Application and Close main UI Application
I have a form with one button. When button is clicked; it launched Notepad.exe. The moment Notepad.exe is launched; I want to close my form (actually application). How do I do it? Private Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click Dim myProcess As System.Diagnostics.Process = New System.Diagnostics.Process() myProcess.StartInfo.FileName = "Notepad.exe" myProcess.StartInfo.WindowStyle = System.Diagnostics.ProcessWindowStyle.Normal myProcess.Start() End Sub On Feb 11, 1:08 pm, Ryan <R...@discussio...

How does one correct an incorrect payment?
Here's what I am trying to figure out how to correct: I'm setup with auto-debit with my apartment building. This month, they were only supposed to withdraw $400 for rent, but accidentally withdrew $1100. They wrote me a check as a refund in the amount of $700. Via the auto-sync with my bank, MS Money 2006 downloaded both transactions. I could mark the $1100 dollars as "rent expense", and the $700 as "other income", but this wouldn't really be correct, as I didn't really pay that much for rent, and the reimbursement isn't really income. So how ...

Allow minimum payment to also be a percentage
Minimum payment currently can only be a dollar amount. Due to balance variances, the minimum payment should also include an option for a percentage of balance due. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/N...

Error applying payment
I am trying to apply a payment to an invoice and this message keeps appearing. "You can't choose this document because it is part of a recovered batch or is still in the process of posting" I find this document in both PA13100 and PA23100. There are other documents in the same batch that are only in PA23100. The batch does not exist in SY00500. I'm pretty much a newbie with this stuff, and I'm not sure what to do to fix this. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Check to see if you have a batch in batch recovery (Tools--> Routines--> Batch Recovery). I...

dynamic cells
Hi! I wonder if somebody could help me with the following problem: I have two columns with cells containing some values B1..B22, C1..C22 everyday I add a new cell e.g. B23 and C23, B24 and C24,... I wonder if I use these cells in a forumla like REGR how to write in order to avoid updating the formula every day? REGR(B1:B22;C1:C22) TIA Anders. Anders, You could create a dynamic named range for each of your ranges. In your example, if you have no data below your list you could: Insert->Name->Define Input the name then in 'Refers To' type =offset (B1,0,0,counta(B:B),1) ...

Annual return calculation hosed vs. me being stupid
I need to know which. I've been trying to transfer an IRA account from an old financial institution that doesn't have online services to a new one that does. If I follow explicitly the instructions MS gives to do this, I lose the transaction history and cost basis of the underlying investments. It simply sets up a new account. If I set up a transfer instead, I keep the cost basis and it's accurate, but I find I'm now earning an average annual return of around 3000% on the underlying mutual funds... the small cap fund is booming along nicely at 52000%. Needless to say I...

Nitrosell (weblinx) vs. Storefront.net
Users please comment on your pro and con experiences with these systems. I have all the marketing materials from the manufactirers and partners. We have narrowed down our search to these 2. I am leary of the recurring costs of Nitrosell. I am also afraid of the coordination between 3 separate software packages that must work together to link RMS to Storefront (using Newest's program). Actual experiences would be most helpful! I need eBay payment ability through the webstore and affiliate support also. If a stand-alone program works with the web store, that would be OK too but I wou...

Printing in Win NT vs Win 2000
When printing a document in NT, it is coming out differently than from 2000. It doesn't matter what printer you print to. I've tried 4 different printers so far. The option in Excel is fit to 1x1 page. Any ideas? Thank you. Kathy I'm afraid it is difficult to get prints the same from different printers and operating systems as the drivers will be different all round. Excel uses setting from the drivers. You could try and ensure that all same printers have all same version of drivers for each operating system. (Normally manufacturers release them all together for Winx) ...

Manual Calculation in Excel 2007 with Calculate mode set to Automatic
Hello, I'm desperate to understand why some of my s/s are in manual calculation mode even though the options are set to Automatic calculation. I have checked under Excel's options and the formula bar to confirm calculation mode and cannot make the s/s change to automatic. Any advice? Julie try saving the workbook after you make the change "Julie White" wrote: > Hello, > > I'm desperate to understand why some of my s/s are in manual > calculation mode even though the options are set to Automatic > calculation. I have checked under Exce...

Including dynamic info in Template subject line?
I am looking to display dynamic information {!opportunity:name;} into the subject line of an email alert. We use the c360 email enhancement pack to post templates as URLs tha are called by the WFM. It appears that the CRM Templates do not populate info into the subject line (because it is not HTML I guess) but has anyone found a workaround to this? Is there ANY means of capturing this information into the subject line, so recepients could sort/search by this information? Thanks, Scott ...

Varchar(20) vs Varchar(255)
Hi there What uses more space, a Varchar(20) with 10 chars in, or Varchar(255) with 10 chars in. I expect it to be the same, in which case, why not always specifiy varchar(255) or a larger value? Thanks again all. Ron wrote: > Hi there > > What uses more space, a Varchar(20) with 10 chars in, or Varchar(255) > with 10 chars in. Neither > I expect it to be the same, in which case, why not > always specifiy varchar(255) or a larger value? > Data integrity, mainly. Why specify a field to contain more characters than it needs to contain? Why forgo the...

manually selected Excel cell formatting
I've installed Excel 2007 recently. I notice when I manually select non-contiguous cells using the ctrl key that the selected cells are not highlighted like they were in Excel 97. At first I thought I was losing the selection altogether but I noticed that the current cell had a thin outline instead of the heavier normal outline. It was then I saw that the selected cells were actually very faintly shaded. I checked that the cells were really selected by migrating through them with the Enter or Tab key. Is there any way to make the selected calls more visible? Or is something w...

How to tell when Bill Payment is done electronically vs. paper check?
Am I correct in thinking that if I pay a bill via an epay, and I never get a paper check in return from my bank, then the payee was paid electronically, i.e., the payment to the payee never involved any paper check anywhere through the process? I recently switched from MSN Bill Pay to my bank's bill pay service (I send payments from within M03 for both). There's a piece of information missing for me when I switched to using my bank as the bill payer: I don't have a list of 'participating billers' (such as on the MSN Bill Pay website). Unless I determine who the t...

How do I create a dynamic chart
I have a database on sheet "D" with 1000 rows of data 79 columns wide. How do I create a single line chart on sheet "A" that graphs a single row on sheet "D" where the row number is specified in cell H1 on sheet "A" This doesn't work: =D!&ADDRESS(OFFSET(A1,H1,1,1,1),1):ADDRESS(OFFSET(A1,H1,1,1,1),78) The chart would graph out whatever D! row number is pointed to by cell A1 on sheet "A" read other posts today -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Nick Krill" <NickKrill@discussions...

Outlook CRM Client vs. Web CRM Client
What's the advantages of installing and using the Outlook CRM Client vs. using Outlook+Web CRM? There are two Outlook clients-- the Desktop and Laptop. The Desktop client is online only, and the only advantage in using this (in my opinion) is that you can consolidate more of your user's tasks to one location. In essence, the functionality is the same as the web client except that you have the "Track in CRM" option for your emails. The Laptop client supports offline mode and uses the MSDE to manage a local store for changes that will sync with the CRM server the next...

User defined fields in Dynamics (Inventory)
I have been looking to add some fields to our inventory module using the user defined fileds. The problem with the fields the way they are now is that they only allow for 10 characters max. This is barely enough room to ente anything usable. My suggestion would be to increase the field length to at least 15-25 characters. We are currently on v7.0, upgrading soon to 9.0 (perhaps this has been done already). ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree&qu...

Generate report manually
Hi, Is it possible in access 2003 to generate a report based on a recordset or loop through the recordset by myself. I know it is possible to put my values in a temporary table and link those to the report but if above is possible it should be easier. Thx Yes, in Access 2003, the Report object has a Recordset property that you can set to either an ADO or DAO recordset. Assuming you've got a recordset named MyRecordset, you can use it on a report named MyReport like: Set Reports("MyReport").Recordset = MyRecordset (note that the report must be open before you can do this)...

Really dynamic monthly chart title
Hello I know how to create a simple dynamic chart title. BUT is this possible? Title for dynamic chart is Report for (month, which is always the previous month) Rate (comes from worksheet entitled Monthly, column H, depending on the month ) I'm always a month behind so my chart title created in august reads Report for July 2008 ( next line ) Rate 94.25% (On the monthly tab I have a report with all 12 months and each month I add the results . ) so next month I want the title to be Report for August 2008 ( next line ) Rate (whatever) Is this possible? thanks in advance ...

Sent items separates messages
Hi: I have a contact in my address book with the full name of "Steve Smith" and an email address of "ssmith@hiscompany.com" When I receive email messages from Steve, in my inbox, his messages show up with the "From" name of "Steve Smith" - exactly as I would expect. If I REPLY to a message from Steve, then in my "Sent Items" folder, the message sometimes appears with the "To" name of ssmith@hiscompany.com and other times it appears with the "To" name of 'ssmith@hiscompany.com' (notice the single q...

Xml validation exception only occurs outside debugger
Hi, I am experiencing a strange problem. I am reading and writing xml files via XmlDocument and XmlTextWriter. In the debugger everything works fine but outside the debugger (debug or release) I receive the following error: "The type initializer for "System.Xml.Schema.Validator" threw an exception." I wrote a small console app that contains the problem -- I've just attached the default class which gets run. Output outside the debugger is as follows ------------------ Creating xml file Reading xml file Error reading xml file The type initializer for "Syst...

Dynamic Series Name
I have a table that is set up using "Data-Filter-AutoFilter" so that the user can click a drop down arrow in the header for column 1 (the x-values), select a value, and the table displays only those records. A chart is connected to the table. In the chart I want the series name to be the user's choice of the dropdown value. For example, say the x-value choices are "apples", "oranges", or "lemons". If the user chooses "oranges", then that becomes the series name in the chart. Can someone come up with a way to do this. I have thus far...

What is Office 10.1.7 vs. Update 11.2.5?
I upgraded my Office to 11.2.5 this morning and the following blurb shows up this evening on MacFixIt. I am really confused? Maybe the MacFixIt blurb is regarding an older version of Office? aRKay -------------------- Title: Office v.X 10.1.7 released: Security refinements Date: Tuesday, July 11 2006 @ 06:00 PM PDT Read the full article at http://www.macfixit.com/article.php?story=20060711190159860 -------------------- In article <REMOVEarkay-0036AF.20521112072006@newsclstr02.news.prodigy.com>, aRKay <REMOVEarkay@qsl.net> wrote: > I upgraded my Office to 11.2.5 this mor...

Dynamic Control Creation #2
When is it a good idea to create a control dynamically vs. at design time? When you don't know how many of them there should be until runtime. Or, If you don't want to use compile time bound dialog resources, assuming the control was a GUI control. For example it may be that you want to construct an entire dialog box dynamically without a pre-prepared dlg template. "saywhat" <no@fuk.no> wrote in message news:oS6rg.761$FW1.171@fe04.lga... > When is it a good idea to create a control dynamically vs. at design > time? > "KMA" <kma@schn...