Flowcharting Table relations

Hey guys and girls. New one for you. I am doing an IT audit of Great Plains
and need to flowchart how the data files are related to each other.
In other words, how does one file feed into another file, and what field or
fields in a particular table is used to relate/link to another table.

Does anyone where I can find such information?

Thanks
0
ITAuditor (2)

Check out the Great Plains SDK available on the installation CDs.  There
are several diagrams that describe table relationships.  Also, there are
module documents that contain posting flowcharts.

Regards,

Kevin Rood

Corporate Software Consultants
www.corpsoftware.com
krood_no_spam@corp_nospam_software.com
(813) 752-0755 (Main Office)
Plant City, FL

(remove "_no_spam" and "_nospam_" to send direct e-mail)

ITAuditor wrote:

> Hey guys and girls. New one for you. I am doing an IT audit of Great Plains
> and need to flowchart how the data files are related to each other.
> In other words, how does one file feed into another file, and what field or
> fields in a particular table is used to relate/link to another table.
>
> Does anyone where I can find such information?
>
> Thanks
Thanks alot man.

"Kevin Rood" wrote:

> Check out the Great Plains SDK available on the installation CDs.  There
> are several diagrams that describe table relationships.  Also, there are
> module documents that contain posting flowcharts.
>
> Regards,
>
> Kevin Rood
>
> Corporate Software Consultants
> www.corpsoftware.com
> krood_no_spam@corp_nospam_software.com
> (813) 752-0755 (Main Office)
> Plant City, FL
>
> (remove "_no_spam" and "_nospam_" to send direct e-mail)
>

> ITAuditor wrote:
>
> > Hey guys and girls. New one for you. I am doing an IT audit of Great Plains
> > and need to flowchart how the data files are related to each other.
> > In other words, how does one file feed into another file, and what field or
> > fields in a particular table is used to relate/link to another table.
> >
> > Does anyone where I can find such information?
> >
> > Thanks

0
ITAuditor (2)

Sorting in Pivot table
I have a data set I am putting into a pivot table to show the data over time but do no not want the data added up. I have the product as a page by, the classification in row, mont in column, and # and % in data. The problem is it is adding the West New Customers and West Continuing Customers together. The data is already calculated so I just need the pivot to view the months across columns and the ability to choose a product to view. Is this possible without changing the data itself? example: Product CLASSIFICATION MONTH # % Cable TV Current Customers 1/1/2010 400 100.00% C...

Data From Multiple Table
hi i have 3 tables with 1 Form, now this form takes data for 2 table from user and from same this form if sumbody clicks on list box it opens 2 forms which takes data for 2 table. now the problems is when user click this list box..it also stores the list items in second table n all other field on this form is from 1st table .This list box has 4 items in listbox but 2 table doesnt store repeat data of this listbox . may be this consfusing but pls help me out?? this listbox item should be save in second table as user clicks on this form. Regards Husain ...

Tables and Normalizing Data
Hello, I have a bit of dilemma in septting up my tables. I am designing a projects database. My issue is just getting the data normalized. For each project we have a Client and an End User (who the Purchaser may be buying the equipment for, if it is not for their direct use). Many of our Clients and End Users have several locations. For example, our client could be US Dairy in Minnesota who is buying equipment to be installed at Joe's Dairy Farm in Indiana and on another project it could be US Dairy in Wisconson purchasing for Tucker's Farm in New York, or Joe's...

Flowchart
Hello group. I began using Visio today at the office. i am setting up a TPM program for our Production shop. i need to make a presentation to our Group Master and shop head to get their buy-in on the new system. The program seems quite intuitive so it seems i should have fun also. I don't have any questions at this point. Any comments fromt he group? -- have a great navy and marine corps day! Hi Billy, Well, with Visio you've got a HUGE installed base relative to other software, so it's kind of THE Standard for flowcharting. The product is 14 years old, so it's mature,...

Pivot Table Field Choices
Is there a global way to uncheck ALL of the boxes in a pivot table field button pull down? I see the way to do this if you have 2 levels but all of mine are single level, and I have a hundred plus. Thanks in advance if anyone has a trick! You can do this with a macro. The first macro hides all items except the last one, and the second one shows all items. Replace "Rep" with the name of your field. Sub PivotHideItemsField() 'For version 2000 -- hide all items in specific field 'sort is set to Manual to prevent errors, e.g. 'unable to set Visible Property of Pivot...

Table off window in Design
I copied a query. In the new query's design window, I scroll all the way to the bottom and see the join lines going out of sight before I see the next table. How do I resolve this problem? Ted Turner 2010 wrote: > I copied a query. In the new query's design window, I scroll all the way to > the bottom and see the join lines going out of sight before I see the next > table. > How do I resolve this problem? That's a first for me. But I suppose if I were you, I'd switch to SQL view, copy the SQL, create a new blank query, switch to SQL view and pas...

Forms - Call Data from Another Table
Hi I'm used to using lookups and forms etc but need to do something that I think links queries, VBA (completely new to) and forms: I have a form for creating new applicants I want to build a form that allows the user to search a contacts table on FirstName, MiddleName, Surname; receive a list of matches and then either 1. Select one of the matches which would then populate the applicants table or 2. Reject the matches and create a new record as normal Can you anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks James ...

Pivot tables
I would like to show % of a total on a subtotal field, e.g. 46/37269 = 0.7% - The calculation must be inside the Pivot table, because it get refreshed all the time with new rows of information. blue jacket 246 0.10% Jean 1952 0.82% Pants 5116 2.15% shirt 15918 6.68% Shorts 1115 0.47% skirt 7872 3.30% Tops 5050 2.12% blue Total 37269 15.64% camel Jean 821 0.34% Pants 507 0.21% shirt 993 0.42% skirt 697 0.29% camel Total 3018 1.27% You would need to add formulas to your pivot table, but why can't you just uncheck the other colours except the one you want the percentage for? I...

Adding row to a table
I have appreciated the input of g. mayor and have found his "An alternative method of adding a row to a protected table" (http://www.gmayor.com/word_vba_examples.htm) to be quite helpful. It is designed to be an 'exit macro' and I am trying to use it in a slightly different way. My issue is that as a user tabs through a form they will always come to the last cell and tabbing to the next formfield just creates another row. So I am attempting to set up a button (commandbutton) that will run the macro and add an additional row 'on demand.' I have this...

Anyone know of Flowcharting freeware for mfc?
Hello, Does anyone know of Flowcharting freeware or shareware for mfc. Thanks. I don't know of any freeware for this sort of thing, but these might be helpful for you: http://www.ucancode.net/Products/Form2/xdpro.htm http://www.nwoods.com/go/mfc.htm Tom "Charles C." <binstar@aei.ca> wrote in message news:eXCU7W9dDHA.1760@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > Does anyone know of Flowcharting freeware or shareware for mfc. > > Thanks. > > What I am looking for more specifically, is something that will flowchart mfc code automatically. Thanks. ...

Pivot Table From Different Sources
Hi All, I am trying to build a new pivot table from two sources, one of them is an exsisting pivot table which has an external link to Oracle db, the other source is a normal spreadsheet, unfortunately, it's not working. Any one has an idea? appreciate your help. -- Excel Power User ...

Copying table
How to paste a table with the Thunderbird mail to excel to keep the formatting? Mark daro wrote: > How to paste a table with the Thunderbird mail to excel to keep the > formatting? You may have better luck pasting into Word and then copying and pasting into Excel. daro wrote on 3/4/2011 : > How to paste a table with the Thunderbird mail to excel to keep the > formatting? > > Mark You could save it as a plain text file then import it into Excel as External Data. -- Garry Free usenet access at http://www.eternal-september.org ClassicVB Users Regroup! comp.lang.basic....

tables and protection
Hi We have created some tables- with 7 columns and 2 rows. One row is a title row and the next row is a continues - some table over 3 pages in length. we want the users to fill in 3 columns-- lining up with the information in the other columns. when I put a password protection on so they can only type in the 3 columns-- it slows down to a near halt. Is there a better way to set the tables up so when the the protection is on it doesn't nearly stop? Should we use a different program for this? -- Thank-you! Ruth If the information needs to line up horizontally, the...

How do I create a pivot table if the pivot table icon or menu ite.
If rhe pivot table icon ...??? Please clarify in the body of the message. "Lynn@WS" <Lynn@WS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0E6B098C-551A-4389-9048-7F4F5A6E5EF8@microsoft.com... > ...

Pivot table
I would like to sychronize two pivot table using different data but having identical rows and columns using VB. The result of the second pivot table will be based on the selections of the field ((date) values in one of the dropdown list of the first table. Can anyone help? You can use the following code, adapted from a posting by Robert Rosenberg. It changes all Pivot Tables if the page is changed on the first PT. You could revise it to suit your layout. As noted in the code, place the code on the module for the worksheet which contains the first Pivot Table. Dim mvPivotPageValue As ...

creating a "prerequisite" parameter going to one table or the othe
Hello: I am creating a receivables aging report. The end user will choose, through a drop-down list, to run the report for periods of either "30-days" or "90-days", depending on which of these two choices he makes in that drop-down list. I know that a drop-down list will need to pull from a parameter. Now, the only parameters that I have created ever in SQL reporting services are those that pull from one dataset and, therefore, usually just that one table. But, the 30-days data will come from one table, while the 90-days table will come from another. ...

FlowChart and page break
I have created a flowchart on page 3 of my document and i would now like to insert a page break to start a new page AFTER page 3 that will contain text. i have tried page break, section break, etc and it just moves my flowchart to the next page. This behavior results from having the flow chart "floating" or "wrapped" and anchored to a text paragraph (probably an empty one). When you insert a break, you're inserting it *before* the paragraph to which the flow chart is anchored. There are two possible solutions. For starters, go to the View tab of Tools ...

League Tables
I am trying to create a sports league table to automatically generat scores from a manually entered results table. The league table mus include Played, Won, Drawn, Goals For, Goals against, Goal Differenc and Points. If any one knows the excel term for this I am happy t search the help site. Thanks -- JackPosted from - http://www.officehelp.i See http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.LeagueTable.html -- HTH Bob Phillips (remove nothere from email address if mailing direct) "Jack" <Jack.2019d5@NoSpamPleaze.com> wrote in message news:Jack.2019d5@NoSpamPleaze.com... >...

Problem creating DataSet structure from xsd: The same table (...) cannot be the child table in two nested relations.
Suppose we have an object hierarchy in XSD. For example, let us take Control, Label, TextBox and LinkLabel windows controls. Each control has some properties which are represented as elements. Some of the elements are of complex types as well, like bounds - of type rectangle. (See full example in the bottom of the letter.) DataSet.ReadXMLSchema fails to parse such XSD file. The problem is caused by complex type as an element of the base type of hierarchy. (In the example this type is called rectangle.) More specifically, when parsing the example XSD file DataSet.ReadSchema would 1. Create tab...

Sorting In Pivot Table #2
Hello, I have a pivot table with many rows in the table. It now sorts alphabetically. What I want to do is bring several different rows to the top and leave the remaining rows sorted alphabetically. I tried setting up a custom sort with the row titles listed in the proper order but it only put one of the items at the top. Can anyone help to do what I want? Thanks JB ...

W2003: find cursor location in table coordinates (table/row/column
I've been asked to extract data from an existing form that I didn't set up, and the format is less than ideal. To minimize my cycles of testing, it would be much easier to place my cursor in a sample document, and then debug.print the cursor location as table coordinates so I can hardcode the 'cells' that I need to extract. There are about 15 tables total, and I'll have to extract content from most of them. I played around with the range.parent object but couldn't figure out how to return the table info. I also googled, but no joy. Any suggestions...

table relationships and subdatasheets
I'm very new with Access, so I appreciate your patience and help. I created a database with 4 tables in it and later found that I didn't need one, so I deleted it. Let's call that Table B. I'm left with Tables A, C, & D. (I had established a relationship between Table A & B before I deleted it.) Now, when I attempt to create a subdatasheet in Table A, I get a dialogue box that says "The table or query name 'Table B' you entered in either the property sheet or macro is misspelled or refers to a table or query that doesn't exist." Well,...

flowchart wizard
I am trying to use the flowchart wizard to chart a manufacturing process. I am trying to enter the data in an excel spreadsheet to import in as the wizard recommends and the import is failing as the names in the master name and the shape are in conflict somewhere...can someone help me define what exactly is to be entered in these fields please? what version of visio are you using (since this feature was dropped in v2003). This from the visio inside out 2002 edition.... al Importing Data to Create a Flowchart If you know most of the information your flowchart should contain and how the...

Pivot Table Data #3
I've just discovered pivot tables and WOW! A **totally** beginner question: It appears that changes made to the source data will reflect in a pivot table, after refreshing. But, vice-versa, it appears that changes made in a pivot table cannot be reflected in the source data. Am I correct? Many thanks, Karen That's correct -- if you change a heading in the pivot table, it doesn't affect the source data. There's a sample file on my web site that uses programming to change source data, after a change in the pivot table. Make a backup copy of the data before experimentin...

What table....
What table does the "More addresses" section use? The "More addresses" is found on the side when you are filling out a contact. CustomerAddress Base Dave "GDaxon" <GDaxon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BA8C768F-3664-4FAF-9CBA-6F6F28C8FD64@microsoft.com... > What table does the "More addresses" section use? The "More addresses" is > found on the side when you are filling out a contact. Dear, Check Customeraddressbase. I hope this will help u. Thanks, MVP- CRM/.Net mscrmexpert@gmail.com "GDaxon&qu...