Fixed Assets - rounding differences

When using the Fixed Asset module, I am finding some small differences when
compared to the Depreciation calculated by the External Accountants for tax
purposes. Client would like to match exactly to the amounts calculated by
external accounts.  What is the best way to fix this issue?

thanks,

--
Patti

Need more info Patti.  What are the depreciation methods/settings that
are creating the differences?  Does this occur on every asset or just
some?

Frank Hamelly
MCP-GP, MCT, MVP
East Coast Dynamics
www.eastcoast-dynamics.com

get your gptip42today at www.gp2themax.blogspot.com

0
Frank

Need to convert 2002 back t0 while laptop is fixed
My laptop with Money 2002 died and had to be sent in for service which will probably be about a month. The good news is that I backup up all my data files the day before and burned them to CD. My office machine is running Windows 98 SE and Money 2001 but it will not read the 2002 files. I can't install XP because the machine will not support it. I used a friend's machine and can open my backup file but I don't want to leave my financial data there. Is there some way I can transfer the data to Excel or save it in a backwardly compatible format? I tried to synchronis...

How do I fix this?
I used the Startup tool to setup my application but I unchecked the Menu Bar and the Shortcut Menu Bar checkboxes. I need to make some changes but I can't get the Tool menu back. Help Please. Thanks Hold down the Shift key when you open your database. Rob "Ayo" <Ayo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C3A9F20A-231C-42CA-80C4-59B836CFE1AB@microsoft.com... >I used the Startup tool to setup my application but I unchecked the Menu >Bar > and the Shortcut Menu Bar checkboxes. I need to make some changes but I > can't > get the Tool menu ba...

Excel macros not functioning in different geographies
I have an Excel spreadsheet that uses 3 macros to process data that is sent to me in a separate .csv file. Now, a colleague in Argentina is trying to run the first macro (which opens the .csv file and copies the data into the current spreadsheet) but she keeps getting an error. It's clear that her version of Excel is functioning differently than mine. Can anything be done so that her Excel behaves the same as mine (I'm in the US)? Could anybody offer other suggestions so that when the first macro opens the .csv file the data will be properly populated into multiple columns, i...

Get data from sheet to form and back to a different sheet
Hello, I'm new to VBA. I'm using VBA within Excel 2007. I am building a workbook to record customer contacts. The customers are listed on a sheet, the user scrolls around on the sheet and calls the form with <Shift><CTRL><C> when they find a customer they want to contact. The module for the macro starts out like this: ' Get the data from the spreadsheet to the form ContactForm.Company = Cells(ActiveCell.Row, 2) ContactForm.Contact = Cells(ActiveCell.Row, 4) ContactForm.Address = Cells(ActiveCell.Row, 5) ContactForm.City = C...

Fixing column width
I have a spreadsheet in which I have set the widths of certain columns using Autofit. The problem is that I often have to add to the spreadsheet by importing data from a text file. Every time I do that, the column width changes to the width of the new data (which is usually narrower than what I wanted). Is there a way to prevent that from happening? Thanks, Cliff Lewis Assuming you're using the Data, Import Data command, when you get to the final "Import Data" dialog there is a "Properties" button (in Excel 2003 at least). One of those properties is Adjust column w...

The great disappearing hot fix
Has anyone experienced anything like this? Yesterday, one of our users complained to me about some quirk in GP eConnect processing that I had thought we fixed in December of 2007 via a Hot Fix to eConnect. Well, when I checked our server it was as if the hot fix was never installed (the eConnect release version was the basic 9.0.3.0, instead of 9.0.3.4). The Hot Fix was also missing from Add/Remove Programs. I went to reinstall the hot fix, and when the install program started it gave me the option to either Repair or Remove the hot fix. So, something was still present tha...

Error importing dates from fixed width txt files
I'm trying to revise an existing Import Spec to include new fields added to a fixed width text file. If I import without making any revisions the dates import correctly. They are on the file as CCYYMMDD and the data field in the Spec is Date/Time and I've deselected 4 digit year. My new date fields were added to the text file as YYMMDD and I select Date/Time data field for the new fields. However, with the revisions made adding the new fields none of the date fields import now with the revised spec. Another user created the spec and we're both using Access 2003 with th...

Difference between DAO and ADO when to use the them
I just know very little about these object libraries can some one elobrate these.. If I check both ADO and DAO in my tool reference does this effect anyt hing? aslo if at all I have to use ADO which library should I check b/w 2.1 to 2.8? Thanks -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com Search the programming forum for this subject to get information. Also, see these posts as they ask exactly the same question: http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?&query=ado+dao&lang=en&cr=US&guid=&sloc=en-us&dg=microsoft.public.access...

Cell Box - one of the 4 cell lines is open
What was the set of search "words" to find the answer... please? I have spent an hour. ( I don't want to tell you that I spent more time - mentioned). Oh yea! The lines are call borders and are part of cell formatting. Format > Cells... > Border > Outline > OK -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200826 "MUTTMIND" wrote: > What was the set of search "words" to find the answer... please? I have > spent an hour. ( I don't want to tell you that I spent more time - > mentioned). Oh yea! No worky. Excel 2007 - home tab - cells (ins...

Different cell heights within worksheet
I'd like to format 4 different cell heights in different worksheet columns. When I try to do so either by highlighting a single cell, row or column it changes the cell height everywhere. Row heights and column widths are properties of the entire row or column. Individual cells cannot be made higher or wider. Due to the problems they can cause I hesitate to mention "merge cells" but may be your only recourse. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 11 May 2010 09:51:01 -0700, Kapoho Surfer <Kapoho Surfer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I'd lik...

Exporting pivot data table into excel for different users in CRM
when a person trying to export static data to excel it is working fine,but when they try for dynamic pivot table data get exported into excel, however excel will try to connect directly to sql, if we provide specific username and its pw,it will work and connection is established while if we try for any other user it wont happen.This is I think due to domain problem. Appreciate if anyone has solution for it? Thanks & Rgds Niranjan ...

2 e-mail acounts different folder trees
Hi, A colleague in the office has 2 e-mail accounts. He would like to have different tree for each account. Now they appear together. Is something like this possible? If it is can you help me with a link or with some instructions. Thank you in advance. Hard to say without knowing any details such as Outlook versions type of accounts. Start with; http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/sortmail.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Q...

Costs recorded in GL different than Inventory module
We're trying to compare transactions in the G/L to those in the Inventory module. To do so, I dumped the GL20000 table for a single Originating TRX Source and compared them against the same TRX Source records from the IV30300 table. For this particular source code, the amount posted in the G/L was different than what was in the EXTDCOST (Extended Cost) field of the associated IV30300 record. Further investigation found that it was related to a Purchasing Invoice that had a price variance. Here's what happened: 600 units of Item A were received @ $5.23 each; then, an invoice for ...

Fix
What does the word FIX mean on Excel 2000? It is in the lower right hand corner 3 boxes away from NUM, 4 boxes from CAPS. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ It means you have turned on fixed decimals places under tools>options>edit, so if you have 2 fixed decimal places and enter 20 in a cell it will change into 0.2 Just uncheck it if you don't want it -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "zacharias" <zacharias.vdc4c@excelforum-nospam.com&...

Fixed Assets Quick Links
Does anyone know why I cannot customize the homepage with links to Fixed Asset windows? ...

Negative NBV in Fixed asset module
Does anyone konw why negative NBV will be happened in the fixed asset module and how to avoid this happen ? example like the asset cost 10,000 but it total deprecation amount (fully deprecaited) is 15,000. thanks ...

hotmail fix
I am still unable to get into hotmail. I've tried several attempts at fixes that were on the intranet but to no avail. pbrown said the following on 11/11/2004 2:09 PM: > I am still unable to get into hotmail. I've tried several attempts at fixes > that were on the intranet but to no avail. Unless you are not a MSN Premium customer, you are no longer able to access Hotmail mailbox using Outlook. There are third-party utility that can allow you to retrieve Hotmail mails. -- Alex Yu http://mucha.us/blogs/alex/ This posting represents my own opinion, and in no way cl...

Difference between Publish and Save As Web Page in Excel 2002
I am trying to find aout the differences between using the Publish button in Save as Web Page and using Save in there. I have seen that when I use Save, it saves the Named ranges as bookmarks where Publish saves them as cell references. Can you tell me why and if there are any other differences I may need to know Hi, when you publish, the result can be viewed as an excel web page, whereas if you "save as web page", it just makes an xml sheet. Save As only allows one sheet in the workbook whereas publish allows more. - mark >-----Original Message----- >I am trying t...

What are the problems you face when sharing workbooks with different versions of
Nicole - For one thing, you can't add or edit charts in a shared workbook. Probably you can't do much to any shapes. I'm sure people will chime in with their other favorite problems, because I've heard the complaining. Since 90% of my work is with charts, I avoid sharing workbooks. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services http://PeltierTech.com/Excel/Charts/ _______ nicole.werschky@plasmon.com wrote: ...

Duration fixed and Work fixed
Hello, I need to do one taks with "duration fixed AND Work Fied" is this possible ? I need that dont move duration and work but units be variable.. I cant. Sorry my english and thanks in advance, Christian W Christian W -- No, you CANNOT fix both Duration and Work. Sorry. -- Dale A. Howard [MVP] VP of Educational Services msProjectExperts http://www.msprojectexperts.com http://www.projectserverexperts.com "We write the books on Project Server" "Christian W" <ChristianW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C03...

Fixed Asset addition cost in Financial
Hi, I create new asset from Cards general and attach the book & Accounts. after this i run gl posting to refelect the cost in gl. but its in not doing. Regards asad Asad, Drill down on the asset cost amount in the book window. Check the period for which the cost was added. Make sure you specify that period when you run the interface to the gl. "Asad" <Asad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5036E88C-012D-4BD6-9301-67F8A7B7FCFE@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I create new asset from Cards general and attach the book & Accounts. after > th...

Finding the difference in days between two dates?
Hi, I was wondering if anyone could let me know how I can find the difference in days between two date fields, would appreciate the help. Thanks Damon Damon; Just try this. Enter two dates ( 01/08/2003 and 21/08/2003 ) In another cell subtract the two dates, but format that cell as "General". If all is well, just must find a 20 in that cell. Or is it too simple and not what you want ? Mark Rosenkrantz. More Excel ? www.rosenkrantz.nl or info@rosenkrantz.nl ----------------------------------------------------------------- "Damon" <damon@nospam.co.uk...

Field Services Hot Fixes
Hello, Does anyone know if there is a place within GP 7.5 which lists the last Field Service hot fix installed? -- Thank you, Jessie I have passed your question on to two of our members who are the most knowledgable about hot fixes. I have asked that either they repsond to you directly or get back to me if they have an answer. Meanwhile, as a fellow user of Great Plains and the Field Service modules, we are putting together a list of other users who might be willing to share their expertise, experiences, ideas, problems, etc. with other Field Service users. For those of you who m...

Pivot Table From Different Sources
Hi All, I am trying to build a new pivot table from two sources, one of them is an exsisting pivot table which has an external link to Oracle db, the other source is a normal spreadsheet, unfortunately, it's not working. Any one has an idea? appreciate your help. -- Excel Power User ...

Fixed width
When using Text-To-Columns, Excel "recognizes" that the data fits the Fixed Width criteria and PRE-assigns the width. In most of the cases I work with Excel is wrong 99% of the time. Is there a way to force Excel to NOT pre-assign the width (leave everything blank)? The data I would like to parse is in the following format: INTEGER HEXADECIMAL_NUMBER DATE TIME TEXT, TEXT, TEXT, TEXT, TEXT, TEXT, TEXT, TEXT, TEXT, TEXT The first 4 fields are fixed width and the subsequent fields are different length but comma delimited (with space after the coma). I n...