Fixed Assets Error Message

I've just installed GP10 SP 1 945412 on a test server.  Originally I only
installed SmartList builder.  I've just finished adding Fixed Assets,
Analytical Accounting (and Grant Management) and Project Accounting.  When I
launch GP Utilities I get the following error message:
Fixed Assets
Product 309 does not support upgrading from version 6.0.0 or prior

Does anyone know what this means?  Thanks!
0
maatthias (69)

Maatthias,

If you run the following query against your DYNAMICS database, what is the
result?

select db_name, db_verMajor, db_verMinor, db_verBuild
from DB_Upgrade wher PRODID = 309

Best regards,
--
MG.-
Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP

"maatthias" wrote:

> I've just installed GP10 SP 1 945412 on a test server.  Originally I only
> installed SmartList builder.  I've just finished adding Fixed Assets,
> Analytical Accounting (and Grant Management) and Project Accounting.  When I
> launch GP Utilities I get the following error message:
> Fixed Assets
> Product 309 does not support upgrading from version 6.0.0 or prior
>
> Does anyone know what this means?  Thanks!
0
MarianoGomez (3440)
4/30/2008 4:26:11 PM
Thank you for your reply Mariano.  That returns 0 results.  I also noticed no
records with PRODID=309 in dynamics..du000020

"Mariano Gomez" wrote:

> Maatthias,
>
> If you run the following query against your DYNAMICS database, what is the
> result?
>
> select db_name, db_verMajor, db_verMinor, db_verBuild
> from DB_Upgrade wher PRODID = 309
>
> Best regards,
> --
> MG.-
> Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> Maximum Global Business, LLC
> http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
>

> "maatthias" wrote:
>
> > I've just installed GP10 SP 1 945412 on a test server.  Originally I only
> > installed SmartList builder.  I've just finished adding Fixed Assets,
> > Analytical Accounting (and Grant Management) and Project Accounting.  When I
> > launch GP Utilities I get the following error message:
> > Fixed Assets
> > Product 309 does not support upgrading from version 6.0.0 or prior
> >
> > Does anyone know what this means?  Thanks!
0
maatthias (69)
4/30/2008 4:31:07 PM
Maatthias,

You may also want to try KB article 851739 if this is a fresh install.

Best regards,
--

"maatthias" wrote:

> Thank you for your reply Mariano.  That returns 0 results.  I also noticed no
> records with PRODID=309 in dynamics..du000020
>
> "Mariano Gomez" wrote:
>
> > Maatthias,
> >
> > If you run the following query against your DYNAMICS database, what is the
> > result?
> >
> > select db_name, db_verMajor, db_verMinor, db_verBuild
> > from DB_Upgrade wher PRODID = 309
> >
> > Best regards,
> > --
> > MG.-
> > Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> > Maximum Global Business, LLC
> > http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
> >

> > "maatthias" wrote:
> >
> > > I've just installed GP10 SP 1 945412 on a test server.  Originally I only
> > > installed SmartList builder.  I've just finished adding Fixed Assets,
> > > Analytical Accounting (and Grant Management) and Project Accounting.  When I
> > > launch GP Utilities I get the following error message:
> > > Fixed Assets
> > > Product 309 does not support upgrading from version 6.0.0 or prior
> > >
> > > Does anyone know what this means?  Thanks!
0
MarianoGomez (3440)
4/30/2008 4:51:01 PM
The latest version that article applies to is 8.  I'm a bit wary to drop or
flush tables with an article that old.  Any other ideas?

"Mariano Gomez" wrote:

> Maatthias,
>
> You may also want to try KB article 851739 if this is a fresh install.
>
> Best regards,
> --
> MG.-
> Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> Maximum Global Business, LLC
> http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
>

> "maatthias" wrote:
>
> > Thank you for your reply Mariano.  That returns 0 results.  I also noticed no
> > records with PRODID=309 in dynamics..du000020
> >
> > "Mariano Gomez" wrote:
> >
> > > Maatthias,
> > >
> > > If you run the following query against your DYNAMICS database, what is the
> > > result?
> > >
> > > select db_name, db_verMajor, db_verMinor, db_verBuild
> > > from DB_Upgrade wher PRODID = 309
> > >
> > > Best regards,
> > > --
> > > MG.-
> > > Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> > > Maximum Global Business, LLC
> > > http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com

0
maatthias (69)
4/30/2008 6:37:01 PM
If you carefully look at the article, it has excerpts as to what should be
done for version 10.

Best regards,
--

"maatthias" wrote:

> The latest version that article applies to is 8.  I'm a bit wary to drop or
> flush tables with an article that old.  Any other ideas?
>
> "Mariano Gomez" wrote:
>
> > Maatthias,
> >
> > You may also want to try KB article 851739 if this is a fresh install.
> >
> > Best regards,
> > --
> > MG.-
> > Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> > Maximum Global Business, LLC
> > http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
> >

> > "maatthias" wrote:
> >
> > > Thank you for your reply Mariano.  That returns 0 results.  I also noticed no
> > > records with PRODID=309 in dynamics..du000020

0
MarianoGomez (3440)
4/30/2008 7:02:02 PM
I see no mention of version 10 in the article.  Or any appearance of "10" at
all.  Am I missing something?  Thanks.

"Mariano Gomez" wrote:

> If you carefully look at the article, it has excerpts as to what should be
> done for version 10.
>
> Best regards,
> --
> MG.-
> Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> Maximum Global Business, LLC
> http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
>

> "maatthias" wrote:
>
> > The latest version that article applies to is 8.  I'm a bit wary to drop or
> > flush tables with an article that old.  Any other ideas?
> >
> > "Mariano Gomez" wrote:
> >
> > > Maatthias,
> > >
> > > You may also want to try KB article 851739 if this is a fresh install.
> > >
> > > Best regards,
> > > --
> > > MG.-
> > > Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> > > Maximum Global Business, LLC
> > > http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com

0
maatthias (69)
4/30/2008 7:16:00 PM
Maatthias,

Sorry, I had this response confused with another one that I had provided
before. However, this KB should still apply as FA has remained virtually
unchanged in the last 3 versions.

Best regards,
--

"maatthias" wrote:

> I see no mention of version 10 in the article.  Or any appearance of "10" at
> all.  Am I missing something?  Thanks.
>
> "Mariano Gomez" wrote:
>
> > If you carefully look at the article, it has excerpts as to what should be
> > done for version 10.
> >
> > Best regards,
> > --
> > MG.-
> > Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> > Maximum Global Business, LLC
> > http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
> >

> > "maatthias" wrote:
> >
> > > The latest version that article applies to is 8.  I'm a bit wary to drop or
> > > flush tables with an article that old.  Any other ideas?

0
MarianoGomez (3440)
5/1/2008 12:32:00 PM
Mariano that article was indeed helpful.  Specifically, I only dropped the 48
FA* tables in the test environment.  For some reason, the v.10 instance had
those tables (from a previous restore of live data) even though we've never
installed Fixed Assets in live before.  Perhaps FA* tables were created in
some legacy version way back when as a default.

Nevertheless dropping all 48 FA* tables and re-installing Fixed Assets
module did the trick.  Perhaps this thread will help others.

Thanks again!

"Mariano Gomez" wrote:

> Maatthias,
>
> Sorry, I had this response confused with another one that I had provided
> before. However, this KB should still apply as FA has remained virtually
> unchanged in the last 3 versions.
>
> Best regards,
> --
> MG.-
> Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> Maximum Global Business, LLC
> http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
>

> "maatthias" wrote:
>
> > I see no mention of version 10 in the article.  Or any appearance of "10" at
> > all.  Am I missing something?  Thanks.
> >
> > "Mariano Gomez" wrote:
> >
> > > If you carefully look at the article, it has excerpts as to what should be
> > > done for version 10.
> > >
> > > Best regards,
> > > --
> > > MG.-
> > > Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> > > Maximum Global Business, LLC
> > > http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com

0
maatthias (69)
5/1/2008 9:02:00 PM
Maatthias,

I am glad it worked, and all I can wish for is a 'post helpful' vote to seal
the deal.

Best regards,
--

"maatthias" wrote:

> Mariano that article was indeed helpful.  Specifically, I only dropped the 48
> FA* tables in the test environment.  For some reason, the v.10 instance had
> those tables (from a previous restore of live data) even though we've never
> installed Fixed Assets in live before.  Perhaps FA* tables were created in
> some legacy version way back when as a default.
>
> Nevertheless dropping all 48 FA* tables and re-installing Fixed Assets
> module did the trick.  Perhaps this thread will help others.
>
> Thanks again!
>
> "Mariano Gomez" wrote:
>
> > Maatthias,
> >
> > Sorry, I had this response confused with another one that I had provided
> > before. However, this KB should still apply as FA has remained virtually
> > unchanged in the last 3 versions.
> >
> > Best regards,
> > --
> > MG.-
> > Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> > Maximum Global Business, LLC
> > http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
> >

> > "maatthias" wrote:
> >
> > > I see no mention of version 10 in the article.  Or any appearance of "10" at
> > > all.  Am I missing something?  Thanks.

0
MarianoGomez (3440)

How do I fix this?
I used the Startup tool to setup my application but I unchecked the Menu Bar and the Shortcut Menu Bar checkboxes. I need to make some changes but I can't get the Tool menu back. Help Please. Thanks Hold down the Shift key when you open your database. Rob "Ayo" <Ayo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C3A9F20A-231C-42CA-80C4-59B836CFE1AB@microsoft.com... >I used the Startup tool to setup my application but I unchecked the Menu >Bar > and the Shortcut Menu Bar checkboxes. I need to make some changes but I > can't > get the Tool menu ba...

How can I enable the message Bar option in the Hide/Show area?
I can't run queries because they are disabled by Disable Mode. But I can't enable the message bar to change it. In the Datatbase Tools tab, in the HIDE/Show group the Message Bar option is not selected and is greyed out. how do I enable the Message Bar so I can select it ...

Send message with recipient's name showing
How to Send a message with the recipient's name showing in the To/CC/BCC field? Isn't that the normal state of things? I'm not really sure what you're asking here... "izumi" <izumi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:670189A6-54A6-444D-9F3A-D5C3E1FB93EC@microsoft.com... > How to Send a message with the recipient's name showing in the To/CC/BCC > field? I would like to know how to send message with recipient's name showing, but without the email address shown when the recipent received it. "Vince Averello [MVP-Outlook]&q...

Need to convert 2002 back t0 while laptop is fixed
My laptop with Money 2002 died and had to be sent in for service which will probably be about a month. The good news is that I backup up all my data files the day before and burned them to CD. My office machine is running Windows 98 SE and Money 2001 but it will not read the 2002 files. I can't install XP because the machine will not support it. I used a friend's machine and can open my backup file but I don't want to leave my financial data there. Is there some way I can transfer the data to Excel or save it in a backwardly compatible format? I tried to synchronis...

Pop Up Message
I am trying to develop an instructional video by capturing what is dispaly in the monitor. I would like to have pop up messages throughout my forms to explain the purpose of each command buttons. Possibly add the same pop up message in reports and in a coulple of tables. I am having problems developing this pop up form. I have some small pop up with the calenders and yes or no buttons but some how I cannot control the size, when I try to make them larger and use them as messages only part of the message is display. I would neeed some suggestion on how to correct this without using script Tha...

Fixing column width
I have a spreadsheet in which I have set the widths of certain columns using Autofit. The problem is that I often have to add to the spreadsheet by importing data from a text file. Every time I do that, the column width changes to the width of the new data (which is usually narrower than what I wanted). Is there a way to prevent that from happening? Thanks, Cliff Lewis Assuming you're using the Data, Import Data command, when you get to the final "Import Data" dialog there is a "Properties" button (in Excel 2003 at least). One of those properties is Adjust column w...

Deleting row produces #REF error
I have a column with percentages. The top number is based on the SUM of the lower column cells. I have, =SUM(1-F5-F6-F7) 10.00% 9.75% 0.50% For example, I want to delete the row containing 10.00% and have the calculation still be correct, but I get a #REF error. Is there some way to do this without getting the error. hello, Try this: =1-SUM(F5:F7) Charabeuh wrote: > hello, > > Try this: =1-SUM(F5:F7) > Yes, Very nice. Thank you ...

Macro warning message
Anyone else had this problem. We installed Excel97 on an NT Server.We then installed Excel2000 over it, and set the macros security setting to low. We re using NetOp to connect to that server, and when we open an Excel workbook with macros, no problems. However, if the screensaver kicks in, and a workbook is opened by a scheduled job, we get a dialog box regarding the macros. If we are connected, we can respond, but as we run 300 Excel queries, and as we won't be connected to the server most of the time, this is a problem. Anyone else experienced it, and know the solution? Bob ...

Outlook 2007 send error or failure, message remains in Outbox
I cannot get Outlook to send an email. Receive works fine. Outlook 2003 worked fine, other than the occasional email that got stuck in the Outbox, when I revised it before it was sent. I deleted all the emails in the Outbox of Outllok 2007 and tried a simple test message. It would not send. Any suggestions as to why send continues to fail, would be very welcome. On Wed, 10 Jan 2007 15:08:51 -0500, fisherman <fisherman@deepwater.com> wrote: >I cannot get Outlook to send an email. Receive works fine. > >Outlook 2003 worked fine, other than the occasional email that got &...

Messages showing up as enclosures?
Hi - When I send messages from my office email (Outlook 2000, Exchange 2000) to 2 specific people, my messages show up as an enclosure or an attachment to a message. Any attachments I had sent are gone. When I send that same message to others, including my personal email address, they are fine. They both use Outlook, one uses 2000, not sure about the other. Also, if I paste a table from Word into the email, they see a string of text, the table is gone. Any suggestions as to what I can look for to fix this? Thanks - Brian ...

The great disappearing hot fix
Has anyone experienced anything like this? Yesterday, one of our users complained to me about some quirk in GP eConnect processing that I had thought we fixed in December of 2007 via a Hot Fix to eConnect. Well, when I checked our server it was as if the hot fix was never installed (the eConnect release version was the basic 9.0.3.0, instead of 9.0.3.4). The Hot Fix was also missing from Add/Remove Programs. I went to reinstall the hot fix, and when the install program started it gave me the option to either Repair or Remove the hot fix. So, something was still present tha...

Data migration tool error: "ERROR:Unknown//Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation"
Hi, It seems that with the data migration tool all entities are loaded without problems. However, during the migration of the activity entity I receive the error following error: "ERROR:Unknown//Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation" I check if all relations are accurate as well as if any required fields missing, but I could not find the reason. Anybody had this problem before? Thanks, rm P.S. the scrren output looks like this: ----- ". Migration phase completed Processing entity: Activity Entering Correlate Starting migration phase ...

sychronize error
when sychronizing and error message pops - up and says something along the lines of: a sychronize error has occurred. please close all open applications to contiue. why does it do this and how do I get rid of it thanks. dan .. ...

Meta Data Cache Error
Hello Everyone, I am having a mixed experience with MS CRM. Some features I really like, others not so much. I expect MS will add many improvements next go around. In case your listening MS I would like to Beta test the next release. Here is my problem today. I removed the SFO offline feature per the Performnance Tuning CRM 1.2 document. Changed my mind and decided it would be best for our sales people. Went through the steps to re-implement this feature and now when I try and take SFO off line and view the data I get "Meta Data Cache Error" Please help. Anyone? Any...

Outlook auto-replying to ALL incoming messages
I have a user that is using Outlook 2002 for her email and all incoming email is being auto-replied to with a blank message. I have looked and cannot find any rule or setting that would force this. She is NOT connected to any Exchange server on the backend. Both email accounts that she manages with this are accessed via POP3. Anything else that I can look at?? Bill Have you already take a look at the webbased mailclient if any rule is configured there? Tried it with a clean mail profile already in Control Panel-> Mail-> button Show Profiles -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outloo...

Error importing dates from fixed width txt files
I'm trying to revise an existing Import Spec to include new fields added to a fixed width text file. If I import without making any revisions the dates import correctly. They are on the file as CCYYMMDD and the data field in the Spec is Date/Time and I've deselected 4 digit year. My new date fields were added to the text file as YYMMDD and I select Date/Time data field for the new fields. However, with the revisions made adding the new fields none of the date fields import now with the revised spec. Another user created the spec and we're both using Access 2003 with th...

ERROR on opening excel
I get an error message that says "cannot use object linking and embedding" every time I start up the program. I get it when I start a new file and when I open saved files. After I click "OK" on the error, the program shuts it self down. I've looked for this error on the knowledge base but came up empty handed. Any Idea's? -- Thanks, Travis Sapara VM-Systems Service Manager travis@vm-systems.com (780)632-2859 Coincidentally, there's a followup to where I stole my message: http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=3F3971AF.FA4490F5%40msn.com The author, Lut...

Exchange System Manager Error!
I recently installed a new NIC in my DC which runs DNS, WINS, DHCP, GC etc. Now when I log into my Exchange 2003 server and open System manager and go to servers folder and click my exchange server I get the following error. "There is no such object on the server. Facility:Win32. ID no: c0072030" Can someone tell me how to correct this? Thanks, Hi Did you changed the IP address of the DNS server If you did, change the preferred DNS server IP address in the exchange server.. Regards, Shai Netanel "Bruce" wrote: > I recently installed a new NIC in my DC which runs...

Cell Box - one of the 4 cell lines is open
What was the set of search "words" to find the answer... please? I have spent an hour. ( I don't want to tell you that I spent more time - mentioned). Oh yea! The lines are call borders and are part of cell formatting. Format > Cells... > Border > Outline > OK -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200826 "MUTTMIND" wrote: > What was the set of search "words" to find the answer... please? I have > spent an hour. ( I don't want to tell you that I spent more time - > mentioned). Oh yea! No worky. Excel 2007 - home tab - cells (ins...

link errors-Phantom ones
I inherited a work book shows a Link of another worksheet in the EDIT LINK, but I can not find any reference to a formula in any of the sheets or "Names". I try to delete it, it comes back as still a valid LINK. Where it could be hidden/stored that I am not able to find it? How can I chase it down? Try this free ad-in courtesy of Bill Manville MVP, it's really excellent, I'm sure it will help, don't forget to thank him if it does the trick for you! http://www.bmsltd.ie/MVP/Default.htm Regards, Alan. "JayRama" <JayRama@discussions.microsoft.com> wrot...

HELP: error handling in VBA
Hi All, Why do we use "On error resume next" shouldnt we be resolving those errors. For eg: if we are sending important email notifications through excel VBA which affect management decisions, shouldnt we be avoiding to user "On error resume next"? IF for some reason there is an error and an email is not sent it might affect a lot of things. My concern is: how do we handle error is this situations? is there a better way to handle errors, rather than using "On error resume next" statement? Thanks in advance. Hi Use "on error resume nex...

Error message in Forms
One of my users has about 20 personal forms she has created and stored in the Personal Forms Library (Outlook 2003, SP3). When she clicks on one of her forms, she receives the following error: The form you selected could not be displayed. The form required to view this message cannot be displayed. Contact your administrator. I have done the clear cache, deleted the extend.dat and outcmd.dat files, upped the size to 2049, but still cannot get the forms to run. Any help would be appreciated. ...

Fix
What does the word FIX mean on Excel 2000? It is in the lower right hand corner 3 boxes away from NUM, 4 boxes from CAPS. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ It means you have turned on fixed decimals places under tools>options>edit, so if you have 2 fixed decimal places and enter 20 in a cell it will change into 0.2 Just uncheck it if you don't want it -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "zacharias" <zacharias.vdc4c@excelforum-nospam.com&...

Fixed Assets Quick Links
Does anyone know why I cannot customize the homepage with links to Fixed Asset windows? ...