Fixed Assets Depreciation on a Financial Year Ending on 2006/06/26

I am having trouble around the last months depreication of Fixed Assets
because the Financial year ends on the 26th of June. Fixed assets does not
see this even though the build calandar shows this.

Can anyone advise?
Thanks
--
Parity Software
www.parity.co.za

Need to convert 2002 back t0 while laptop is fixed
My laptop with Money 2002 died and had to be sent in for service which will probably be about a month. The good news is that I backup up all my data files the day before and burned them to CD. My office machine is running Windows 98 SE and Money 2001 but it will not read the 2002 files. I can't install XP because the machine will not support it. I used a friend's machine and can open my backup file but I don't want to leave my financial data there. Is there some way I can transfer the data to Excel or save it in a backwardly compatible format? I tried to synchronis...

How do I fix this?
I used the Startup tool to setup my application but I unchecked the Menu Bar and the Shortcut Menu Bar checkboxes. I need to make some changes but I can't get the Tool menu back. Help Please. Thanks Hold down the Shift key when you open your database. Rob "Ayo" <Ayo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C3A9F20A-231C-42CA-80C4-59B836CFE1AB@microsoft.com... >I used the Startup tool to setup my application but I unchecked the Menu >Bar > and the Shortcut Menu Bar checkboxes. I need to make some changes but I > can't > get the Tool menu ba...

Home Inventory on Money 2006 Standard
I saw a previous post that you can add Home Inventory back to your home page by customizing it, but I still don't see it. Was this functionality moved to Deluxe starting with Money 2006? Thank you! Not sure if it's in Standard, but on my 2006 version (not standard) i can select it by customizing the home page, adding the 'home inventory' module and pressing 'Done'. When the home page redisplays, there is a home inventory box. If you don't see the 'home inventory' option in the home page customization, then you may be correct. -- Glyn Simpson, M...

Backups on Front-End Servers
Hi, Are Exchange Information Store backups important on Front-End E2K3 Servers where no user data and no Public Folder data exists? I'm thinking that it is acceptable to just backup the C:\ drive and the System State. Can someone point out a flaw with this approach? Thanks a lot. Mike The only issue would be that if the FE server is also an smtp gateway, it will be creating transaction logs. The solution to that (quite acceptable if you ask me) is to enable circular logging on the FE server only. The BE servers should not have circular logging enabled, but it is fine to do so on...

Fixing column width
I have a spreadsheet in which I have set the widths of certain columns using Autofit. The problem is that I often have to add to the spreadsheet by importing data from a text file. Every time I do that, the column width changes to the width of the new data (which is usually narrower than what I wanted). Is there a way to prevent that from happening? Thanks, Cliff Lewis Assuming you're using the Data, Import Data command, when you get to the final "Import Data" dialog there is a "Properties" button (in Excel 2003 at least). One of those properties is Adjust column w...

migrate from standalone exchange server to front-end/back-end serv
Hi, I currently have an Exchange 2003 server that is inside my firewall and I portforward SMTP to it. I am now migrating to a new network that has a DMZ and I want to have a front-end exchange server in the DMZ and a back-end exchange server on the internal network. Can I somehow migrate my current standalone exchange server to a back-end exchange server and load up a new front-end exchange server? Are there any docs telling how to do this? Thanks for your help. -- If a man speaks in a woods and there is no woman there to hear him... Is he still wrong? ...

Money 2006 Capital Gain Problem
My daughter invest $50 per month in a mutual fund. In 2006, she sold some shares. She has entered all the transaction in Money 2006. She tried to create capital gain report for tax but the entries in capital gain does not match the one in transaction report. For example in transaction she has: Date: 3/1/2002 Quantity: 6.281 Price: 7.96 Total: 50.00 But in capital gain she has: Quantity: 6.281 Date Bought: 3/1/2002 Date Sold: 4/4/2006 Sale Proceed: 59.61 Purchase cost: 46.39 Everything is fine except purchase cost should be $50 and not $46.39. Purchase cost supposed to be fixed for al...

The great disappearing hot fix
Has anyone experienced anything like this? Yesterday, one of our users complained to me about some quirk in GP eConnect processing that I had thought we fixed in December of 2007 via a Hot Fix to eConnect. Well, when I checked our server it was as if the hot fix was never installed (the eConnect release version was the basic 9.0.3.0, instead of 9.0.3.4). The Hot Fix was also missing from Add/Remove Programs. I went to reinstall the hot fix, and when the install program started it gave me the option to either Repair or Remove the hot fix. So, something was still present tha...

How can I maintain Outlook calendar items for more than one year..
They auto delete after one year and I want to keep them for a longer period of time. Thanks, turn off autoarchive at Tools | Options | Other | Autoarchive. -- Regards Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook in Canberra, Australia .. "Diane" <Diane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:80CC3126-90BB-4ABA-95C0-2698F2CF1B93@microsoft.com... > They auto delete after one year and I want to keep them for a longer > period > of time. > > Thanks, ...

Adding financial institution to....
Hi, I'm trying to add another finacial institution to the "online services" at the "logon to ....screen. I have set up a password, passport. If I go to Accounts/Bills, then Online Service Manager,select the financial institution I want to add, then I'm supposed to go to "modify services".....but I can't find that.... Does anybody have this problem? What am I doing wrong? I have set up this account online and can download into Money if I go to their website but I want to add it to the other accounts and that way I can save some time. I'm talking about...

Error importing dates from fixed width txt files
I'm trying to revise an existing Import Spec to include new fields added to a fixed width text file. If I import without making any revisions the dates import correctly. They are on the file as CCYYMMDD and the data field in the Spec is Date/Time and I've deselected 4 digit year. My new date fields were added to the text file as YYMMDD and I select Date/Time data field for the new fields. However, with the revisions made adding the new fields none of the date fields import now with the revised spec. Another user created the spec and we're both using Access 2003 with th...

Thank you and Happy New Year
Hi, I would like to take a moment to thank each and everyone of the contributors on this (and other) newsgroups. Your generosity means quite a lot to many of us and the fact that you take as much time with someone like myself who never double-clicked an Excel icon until the age of 60 as you do with some of the seasoned folks is greatly appreciated. I realize the Help portion is here but an "easily" explained formula to one who has used Excel in the past is sometimes extremely confusing to others who are just starting out. Thats where you guys come in. Your explanations are usu...

Cell Box - one of the 4 cell lines is open
What was the set of search "words" to find the answer... please? I have spent an hour. ( I don't want to tell you that I spent more time - mentioned). Oh yea! The lines are call borders and are part of cell formatting. Format > Cells... > Border > Outline > OK -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200826 "MUTTMIND" wrote: > What was the set of search "words" to find the answer... please? I have > spent an hour. ( I don't want to tell you that I spent more time - > mentioned). Oh yea! No worky. Excel 2007 - home tab - cells (ins...

how do i setup a database that columns add up at the end of the we
i am new at this so please send me any info to oldfartlink@hotmail.com Most people might say put a formula at the bottom of the list of numbers. For example, you have numbers in column B and they go from row 2 to row 154, in B155 (or anywhere else, pretty much), you could put this formula: =SUM(B2:B155) The 'problem' with that is that you can't just add to the bottom of the list, you have to keep inserting rows to push that formula on down the sheet. Try putting a SUM formula near the TOP of the column. Let's say you have the title for a column in row 1, then you sta...

Fix
What does the word FIX mean on Excel 2000? It is in the lower right hand corner 3 boxes away from NUM, 4 boxes from CAPS. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ It means you have turned on fixed decimals places under tools>options>edit, so if you have 2 fixed decimal places and enter 20 in a cell it will change into 0.2 Just uncheck it if you don't want it -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "zacharias" <zacharias.vdc4c@excelforum-nospam.com&...

Shared Workbook Settings, End User Update Changes Refresh Rate
How can I change the default update change refresh rate on PC's that are accessing a shared file? (currently set for 15 minutes, I need 5 Minutes by default). I know how to change it in the share workbook menu for each session, I need to have it always be 5 minutes so that it won't need to be changed each file opening.... ...

Fixed Assets Quick Links
Does anyone know why I cannot customize the homepage with links to Fixed Asset windows? ...

Negative NBV in Fixed asset module
Does anyone konw why negative NBV will be happened in the fixed asset module and how to avoid this happen ? example like the asset cost 10,000 but it total deprecation amount (fully deprecaited) is 15,000. thanks ...

CRM 3.0 VPC May 2006 Extended Edition
hI am trying to load the VPC Image of CRM 3.0 May 2006 Extended Edition - I download the files - click on the zip file - shows crm.vhd - click on this and then winzip keeps asking for location of file 1 ----- what am I doing wrong or what am I missing? I select a folder and click ok but it keeps asking this -- Thanks in advance for any/all help. ...

hotmail fix
I am still unable to get into hotmail. I've tried several attempts at fixes that were on the intranet but to no avail. pbrown said the following on 11/11/2004 2:09 PM: > I am still unable to get into hotmail. I've tried several attempts at fixes > that were on the intranet but to no avail. Unless you are not a MSN Premium customer, you are no longer able to access Hotmail mailbox using Outlook. There are third-party utility that can allow you to retrieve Hotmail mails. -- Alex Yu http://mucha.us/blogs/alex/ This posting represents my own opinion, and in no way cl...

Specifying end of day as a time value
I would like to be able to ented a date/time value into a cell, that specifies the 24 hour value. I have tried using something like, 11/3/2003 23:59:59.99, and tried rounding up, but so far no success. I would like to be able to use this value with the value in a previous cell and simply derive the difference. I'm just having trouble specifying this value. So, what do I enter to cause Excel to see the value as specifiing the end of that day. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from ht...

Duration fixed and Work fixed
Hello, I need to do one taks with "duration fixed AND Work Fied" is this possible ? I need that dont move duration and work but units be variable.. I cant. Sorry my english and thanks in advance, Christian W Christian W -- No, you CANNOT fix both Duration and Work. Sorry. -- Dale A. Howard [MVP] VP of Educational Services msProjectExperts http://www.msprojectexperts.com http://www.projectserverexperts.com "We write the books on Project Server" "Christian W" <ChristianW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C03...

front-end for 2 domains
Hi I have do domain's with 2 AD Domain X.pt and Z.pt i have a exchange server for each domain. it is possible to have just one front-end server for the both domain's and if yes where can i find informaction to do that. best luis serpa On Thu, 8 Mar 2007 14:34:48 -0800, Serpa <Serpa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi >I have do domain's with 2 AD >Domain X.pt and Z.pt >i have a exchange server for each domain. >it is possible to have just one front-end server for the both domain's and >if yes where can i find informaction to do that. Sorry are y...

Fixed Asset addition cost in Financial
Hi, I create new asset from Cards general and attach the book & Accounts. after this i run gl posting to refelect the cost in gl. but its in not doing. Regards asad Asad, Drill down on the asset cost amount in the book window. Check the period for which the cost was added. Make sure you specify that period when you run the interface to the gl. "Asad" <Asad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5036E88C-012D-4BD6-9301-67F8A7B7FCFE@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I create new asset from Cards general and attach the book & Accounts. after > th...

Elimate year (either YY or YYYY) in data
I want to format a column ONLY using day and month so that I can sort by that column. The default includes the year I have entered the data (i.e. 2004 or 2005) which corrupts the sort. Anyway to remove it? I have tried custom and special under format. Doesn't work. Thanks. Jack Why doesn't MMM DD, MMMM DD or M/DD work in custom formatting? "Jack" <jack.lindberg@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1119642762.402873.131840@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com... I want to format a column ONLY using day and month so that I can sort by that column. The default includes the y...